Stop "Stop it now"

Comments

• I didn't want to send it to a jackson family member but i sent the link to KF, hoping she will have it followed to some people who could act about this. Michael has been judged INNOCENT...what more can we say about it ?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This group was founded in 1992...

They are on facebook, and it seems like they have alot of MJ fans following.(probably because they aren't aware of the real context of this group).

<!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-It-Now/16871848717<!-- m -->

They are also on twitter. As always, with L.O.V.E xox

<!-- m -->http://twitter.com/StopItNow<!-- m -->
  • AnnieIsNotOKAnnieIsNotOK Posts: 979
    One question,from a legal point:How can this be allowed anyway if Michael was acquitted of all charges??Even if those idiots believe all that crap,the man was found NOT GUILTY and they still can do this???

It's very sad, but since Mike is officially dead, that's indeed the case... One who publishes defamatory matter about a deceased person is not liable either to the deceased person's estate or to his or her descendants or relatives. Heirs cannot sue for defamation of the deceased.

I'm going to email them as well, as what's on that website is even beyond disgusting.

Mo:
    Are you telling me that once a person is dead anyone can say any disgusting lie about that person and get away with it???? That just doesn't sound right at all!!!!!!

Yup, Harvey pointed it out on one of the TMZ live streams last week. Indeed wrong, but that is the law. That is why people are coming up with all that ridiculous stories now the think he's dead. Dying in the US is for a celeb a good way to see who your friends are.

Well,I am appalled <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Thanks for the information.
  • This group was founded in 1992...

They are on facebook, and it seems like they have alot of MJ fans following.(probably because they aren't aware of the real context of this group).

<!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-It-Now/16871848717<!-- m -->

They are also on twitter. As always, with L.O.V.E xox

<!-- m -->http://twitter.com/StopItNow<!-- m -->

I had to add them to make my comments on facebook. But I tore them a new one lol
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Here is what I sent. I sure hope they take it to heart.

I know someone who displays these characteristics. I haven’t seen this first hand but I have heard some things about his behavior. Are they warning signs?

• He always talks about children and how special they are.
    • You will always find him where the children are and I hear that he even put them on his lap.
    • He’d tell them stories and give them attention.
    • He’s always hugging them.
    • Children love being around him because they feel his genuine love for them. They even let their guard down around him.
    • He is available to all of the children but those that are ill and weak seem to be drawn to him the easiest. He helps them and makes it known that he’ll be their father.

Is this wrong? The man’s name is Jesus Christ. I don’t have enough room to give all of the stories and examples of how he displayed the same characteristics that you say are bad but His message was clear. We are to be like Him.

Matt 5:48
    Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 19:14
    Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

(Matthew 18:10 ESV)
    “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Did you not read that Michael Jackson was found innocent of the charges against him? Have you not read and heard first hand about the extortion plot? Did you not know that Michael was a very spiritual person and that he lived his life by what the Bible taught. Did you not know that Michael's behavior to help those less fortunate are consistent clear back to his earliest childhood? Did you not know that Michael treated adults the same way he treated children when asked? Did you not know that his whole goal in life was to heal the world and make it a better place and his music was the avenue God provided in order for him to accomplish this goal.

Please, I know all about child abuse. I am not blinded by it and I know the signs. But not everyone can be labeled and molded into the same description. Please remove Michael Jackson as your example or include every sport coach, boy scout leader, church youth pastor and missionary on your list. Because even though there are a few bad apples, most of them have good intentions. And so did Michael Jackson. It's not fair to Michael or his family to continue slandering his good name. Thank you.

Wow this is truly a beautiful post. Hopefully many people will read it and share it. The haters won't change their minds but maybe those searching for truth.

I think, like MJ's father Joe once said, that it's racism, right from the start, not wanting blacks to gain any upper hand.
  • XspeechlessXXspeechlessX Posts: 666
    I get "Access Deined". <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Maybe for the best. Would just make me angry.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Did they take it down? It's not working for me anymore either.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• whisperwhisper Posts: 630

Does it say access denied ? That's what it says for me ?
  • That is what it says for me too. Could it be that we finally got through to them?
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    In the german forum that I mentioned earlier they say it indeed means they deleted this disgusting article! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    In the german forum that I mentioned earlier they say it indeed means they deleted this disgusting article! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Really ? VICTORY !!!!
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    Really ? VICTORY !!!!
    YES! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Michaels united Fans are powerful. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

That's what is says for me also.

Maybe WE did it!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> But I'll check up once in a while to make sure!!
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    I haven't seen it, but I'm glad that it's gone...
  • See what can be done when we raise our voice as one, especially in a positive manner? We must continue to do this <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    I hope they really took it down and that it's not available for others to read!!
    See what can be done when we raise our voice as one, especially in a positive manner? We must continue to do this <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Yep!!We still have plenty to do!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    It's GONE. Any reference to Michael! Michael Jackson fans ROCK! Yipeeeeeee <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> IMO - they RULE <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • See what can be done when we raise our voice as one, especially in a positive manner? We must continue to do this <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Yep!!We still have plenty to do!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I'm doing the happy dance around my house right now.
    Score: Michael's Army of L.O.V.E. ( 1)
    Slanderous article - (0) !!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • GOAL!
    Us 1 - SIN 0
    <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

It seems more people were complaining... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    They may be overwhelmed!

<!-- m -->http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&sourc ... =&gs_rfai=<!-- m -->
  • JavaJava Posts: 162
    Hold the phone girls and boys. They removed the article apparently but the title is still there. This isn't good enough. Was there more than one article?

Paste.....................

June 14, 2005
    Valuable Lessons from the Michael Jackson Trial

<!-- m -->http://www.stopitnow.org/public/results ... el+jackson<!-- m -->
    It's GONE. Any reference to Michael! Michael Jackson fans ROCK! Yipeeeeeee <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> IMO - they RULE <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Article gone - reference still there:(

That's what is says for me also.

Maybe WE did it!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> But I'll check up once in a while to make sure!!

Article gone - article title still there.

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Access denied, but I'll be reviewing, I have prepared for them a very good response <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • angelangel Posts: 349
    Here is what I sent. I sure hope they take it to heart.

I know someone who displays these characteristics. I haven’t seen this first hand but I have heard some things about his behavior. Are they warning signs?

• He always talks about children and how special they are.
    • You will always find him where the children are and I hear that he even put them on his lap.
    • He’d tell them stories and give them attention.
    • He’s always hugging them.
    • Children love being around him because they feel his genuine love for them. They even let their guard down around him.
    • He is available to all of the children but those that are ill and weak seem to be drawn to him the easiest. He helps them and makes it known that he’ll be their father.

Is this wrong? The man’s name is Jesus Christ. I don’t have enough room to give all of the stories and examples of how he displayed the same characteristics that you say are bad but His message was clear. We are to be like Him.

Matt 5:48
    Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 19:14
    Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

(Matthew 18:10 ESV)
    “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Did you not read that Michael Jackson was found innocent of the charges against him? Have you not read and heard first hand about the extortion plot? Did you not know that Michael was a very spiritual person and that he lived his life by what the Bible taught. Did you not know that Michael's behavior to help those less fortunate are consistent clear back to his earliest childhood? Did you not know that Michael treated adults the same way he treated children when asked? Did you not know that his whole goal in life was to heal the world and make it a better place and his music was the avenue God provided in order for him to accomplish this goal.

Please, I know all about child abuse. I am not blinded by it and I know the signs. But not everyone can be labeled and molded into the same description. Please remove Michael Jackson as your example or include every sport coach, boy scout leader, church youth pastor and missionary on your list. Because even though there are a few bad apples, most of them have good intentions. And so did Michael Jackson. It's not fair to Michael or his family to continue slandering his good name. Thank you.
    Perfect! Thank you for a moving and eloquent post. God bless you.