AM I THE ONLY ONE...?????

2»

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I like the imaginary friend posts. I'm suppose to be looking for a better job with better pay, and I simply don't because every time I go on the computer, I'm powerless to do anything but research Michael. I admit I'm addicted, and told my husband it's escapism, where I don't have to deal with the pressures of life. As long as I get the main things done around here he doesn't mind. He has his escapism--movies, cars, rc planes. Some of your posts reminded me of a Dr. Phil show awhile back where this 9 year old girl was obsessed with MJ. Here's the link:

<!-- m -->http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/ ... versionID=<!-- m -->

“Hi, Dr. Phil, I’m LaTisha.”

“And I’m Abraham,” says her boyfriend.

“And I wrote to you because we have to know, are we the only ones with a daughter addicted to Michael Jackson since he’s passed away? Before June 25, Moana was a happy, healthy, playful little girl,” LaTisha says.

“But now … ”

“All she does is sing and talk about Michael Jackson,” LaTisha says. “Dr. Phil, Moana didn’t even know who Michael Jackson was until he died. But she’s 9, and this is taking over her whole life.”

She asks her daughter, “Do you have anything you want to say to Dr. Phil?”

“There’s just one specific thing I need to ask: Am I the only one who loves Michael Jackson this much?” Moana asks.

Dr. Phil tells LaTisha that he doesn’t want her to label her daughter as obsessed. “What she really is, is fixated and infatuated. And when he passed, y’all made a big deal of it, right? You talked about it, you played his videos, people were calling, ‘Did you hear this? Did you hear that?’ and so she was like, ‘Whoa, what’s going on? This got Mom’s attention.’ Then she sees all his videos, and his videos are glamorous, right? They’re very exciting, they’re very glamorous. It’s easy to understand how a kid could live vicariously through something like that, and then it gets traction, and one thing leads to another.”

Dr. Phil explains that her daughter’s crush will probably lose its power in time. “But what you can do to kind of burst the glamour bubble is talk to her about what’s going on. You might take her to a concert to see somebody else,” he suggests. “And you can also make sure that her hero — this fantasy — that you visit with her about the reality of that. That he doesn’t live in a video, this was a real person and he had a real life, it wasn’t a perfect life — I don’t think you need to go into details about that. Also, that he was a father and there were issues with his health, and he had a lot of surgery — let her know that this wasn’t just a glamour guy; this was a real person, and that kind of bursts the bubble a little bit. And you don’t need to really demonize him or put him down, but you do need to make sure she sees more than just the glamour. And then, again, start introducing her to some other things that will compete with energy for him, whether it’s sports, or school, or friends, or another musical group or whatever, something that will compete with it.”

"OK,” she says.
    Moana joins her mom onstage. Dr. Phil asks her, “Why do you like [Michael Jackson]?”

“Because he’s the greatest entertainer. He inspires me,” she says.

“Yeah, he was a great entertainer,” Dr. Phil stresses.

“Yeah, he was,” she says.

“You understand that Michael Jackson is just for fun. It’s a hobby, because you’ve got to go to school and you’ve got to have friends and do all that stuff, right?” he asks.

"Mm-hm.”

Dr. Phil tells LaTisha, “Mom, I don’t think you’ve got a problem in the world here.”
  • farhatmjjfarhatmjj Posts: 570
    You are not alone, at all! I'm wellknown for talking to myself always, now i talk to Michael. I don't even need a photo, i just have an imaginary Michael Jackson as many of you! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> yeah.... I talk to him everyday! And talking to the desktop photo is a part of my life everyday. I just feel him and i feel he's listening to me from wherever he is. He can feel my heart. I talk to him every night when i go to bed. As someone said above, i too feel that if i meet him, i won't be able to speak. Cause i'm spoken to him for years... I feel i'm open to him. Like, he knows who i am. But in reality he doesn't. When he would be infront of me, i will feel embarrassed, cause i'd feel this person knows me but he would ask my name to sigh an autograph, then i'd feel "oh! he doesn't know my name." lol... It's hard to explain.
    see is it odd for a guy like me to prentend at times that he is michael ??? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> only kidding, i dont do it all the time <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

i heard abut a guy whose my friend's friend the other day, he's suffering from MPD (multiple personality disorder), the half of time he thinks he's.... yes, Michael Jackson! don't worry i know you don't, or do you? lol..
  • I like the imaginary friend posts. I'm suppose to be looking for a better job with better pay, and I simply don't because every time I go on the computer, I'm powerless to do anything but research Michael. I admit I'm addicted, and told my husband it's escapism, where I don't have to deal with the pressures of life. As long as I get the main things done around here he doesn't mind. He has his escapism--movies, cars, rc planes. Some of your posts reminded me of a Dr. Phil show awhile back where this 9 year old girl was obsessed with MJ. Here's the link:

<!-- m -->http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/ ... versionID=<!-- m -->

“Hi, Dr. Phil, I’m LaTisha.”

“And I’m Abraham,” says her boyfriend.

“And I wrote to you because we have to know, are we the only ones with a daughter addicted to Michael Jackson since he’s passed away? Before June 25, Moana was a happy, healthy, playful little girl,” LaTisha says.

“But now … ”

“All she does is sing and talk about Michael Jackson,” LaTisha says. “Dr. Phil, Moana didn’t even know who Michael Jackson was until he died. But she’s 9, and this is taking over her whole life.”

She asks her daughter, “Do you have anything you want to say to Dr. Phil?”

“There’s just one specific thing I need to ask: Am I the only one who loves Michael Jackson this much?” Moana asks.

Dr. Phil tells LaTisha that he doesn’t want her to label her daughter as obsessed. “What she really is, is fixated and infatuated. And when he passed, y’all made a big deal of it, right? You talked about it, you played his videos, people were calling, ‘Did you hear this? Did you hear that?’ and so she was like, ‘Whoa, what’s going on? This got Mom’s attention.’ Then she sees all his videos, and his videos are glamorous, right? They’re very exciting, they’re very glamorous. It’s easy to understand how a kid could live vicariously through something like that, and then it gets traction, and one thing leads to another.”

Dr. Phil explains that her daughter’s crush will probably lose its power in time. “But what you can do to kind of burst the glamour bubble is talk to her about what’s going on. You might take her to a concert to see somebody else,” he suggests. “And you can also make sure that her hero — this fantasy — that you visit with her about the reality of that. That he doesn’t live in a video, this was a real person and he had a real life, it wasn’t a perfect life — I don’t think you need to go into details about that. Also, that he was a father and there were issues with his health, and he had a lot of surgery — let her know that this wasn’t just a glamour guy; this was a real person, and that kind of bursts the bubble a little bit. And you don’t need to really demonize him or put him down, but you do need to make sure she sees more than just the glamour. And then, again, start introducing her to some other things that will compete with energy for him, whether it’s sports, or school, or friends, or another musical group or whatever, something that will compete with it.”

"OK,” she says.
    Moana joins her mom onstage. Dr. Phil asks her, “Why do you like [Michael Jackson]?”

“Because he’s the greatest entertainer. He inspires me,” she says.

“Yeah, he was a great entertainer,” Dr. Phil stresses.

“Yeah, he was,” she says.

“You understand that Michael Jackson is just for fun. It’s a hobby, because you’ve got to go to school and you’ve got to have friends and do all that stuff, right?” he asks.

"Mm-hm.”

Dr. Phil tells LaTisha, “Mom, I don’t think you’ve got a problem in the world here.”

Haha ! Did not work for me ! My sisters told me everythig they could about bad things said about Michael, about his personnal life, and I always answered "I don't mind if he had surgeries, I don't mind if he became white, I don't mind if he's acting weird, having a zoo, living with a monkey. I don't mind cause I know he is nice person, I'm sure of it, and I love the fact that he is weird, and some day i will meet him !"

And now I just realise I prefered "the man" better than the entertainer (which means I like the man and the artist, but less the glamour image of entertainer) maybe that's why it didn't work for me. I was not attracted by the "glamorous bubble" (Anyway I never thought Bubble was very Glamour ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> )
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    We should make a list of the symptoms of Michaelitis. We'll start off with Loyal Fans symptom of
    1] talking to inaminate pictures of Michael and sometimes feeling that they are sending messages back to us.
  • We should make a list of the symptoms of Michaelitis. We'll start off with Loyal Fans symptom of
    1] talking to inaminate pictures of Michael and sometimes feeling that they are sending messages back to us.

2) one has to listen to Michael's songs EVERY SINGLE DAY otherwise the day does not feel complete/fulfilling.

3) whenever one hears or sees anything involving Michael one gets emotional...
  • We should make a list of the symptoms of Michaelitis. We'll start off with Loyal Fans symptom of

2) one has to listen to Michael's songs EVERY SINGLE DAY otherwise the day does not feel complete/fulfilling.

3) whenever one hears or sees anything involving Michael one gets emotional...

haha!
    I'll expand on number three....
    4) whenever one hears people hating on Michael, one gets on the defensive until those ignorant jerks get their facts straight! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • When I was 12 I had this picture of Michael on my wall and every morning I kissed him before going to school and kissed him back home, and wish him good night, like any other family member. My mom was "scared" cause I was really in love with him (michael, not the picture XD)...telling her "But Mom ! I KNOW i'm 12 but I don't think he looks so old...maybe I could mary him when I'll be 20, he would be 42...it's still possible you see !"

Well now I'm 30 (soon) I'm not married to Michael Jackson <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> and I'm still in love, and I don't talk to pictures anymore. But in my head there are so many things I shared and still share, with Michael. If I ever meet him, I'm afraid I remain silent, cause I just talked to him so much before <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Now I just don't really talk anymore. I just close my eyes and try to reach him. I cannot explain, but as if I wanted my soul to find his and give him a big hug.

I think I'll never be cured from this !! Just sing with me :

You are not alone !!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Haha! I have pretty much the same story! I used to talk to Michael like he was God or something hahaha. I would write him letters and thank him for always understanding me. Unfortunately, I'm 23 and have yet to marry him also.... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    5. breaking out in cold sweats when seeing micheal grab his crotch.
    6.weeping like a baby,when listening to "speechless"
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    7. Freaking out when a stranger talks about Michael and you want to join in the conversation.
    8. Want to dig a hole to Neverland with a spoon.
  • 7. Freaking out when a stranger talks about Michael and you want to join in the conversation.
    8. Want to dig a hole to Neverland with a spoon.

do you mean like this ???

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzCSD2EP ... re=related<!-- m -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    This thread is so funny, because I talk to my imaginary Michael all the time...and please understand, in my head he responds every time, in his voice. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I even go to bed at night and pretend he's laying there too and we drift off to sleep together. It's easy to do because every wall in there has a poster on it. Every surface has a book or cd or something Michael reminiscent. A hat. A glove. You name it. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> That has been my comfort for quite a while now and I guess the main reason why today, has been a good day too as was yesterday. But I'm counting down. I know it is bound to change the closer we get to June 25th. I hope not, but who am I fooling? It will.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    9] when you see cute babies and toddlers, you imediately think Michael would love to hold and cuddle that baby.
    10] when seeing or hearing other artists music you think how they don't come anywhere close to Michael's talents and gifts
  • When you see something beautiful in nature, like a vibrantly colored butterfly, a beautiful sunrise , the jewel like eyes of your cat or the sparkling blue water at a beach...you know that Michael would see the beauty and magic in these things . And you wish that you could just share with him what you are seeing.

Yeah...and I talk to my imaginary Michael too..in my head. We should all get together and have a conference call <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    11. The first thing you think about when you wake up is Michael / same goes for when you go to sleep <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    12. You can't focus on anything else because he is ALWAYS in your mind
    13. Everytime you listen to his songs, watch videos or think about him it makes you wanna scream and cry because you want him back

And the list goes on..

So many feelings you can't even explain it..
    well i think we can safely say we are suffering with a severe case of MICHEALITIS..... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> i should be doing housework and here i am on here............HELP !!!!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DelphiDelphi Posts: 213
    Quick! Listen to his music while you do housework! O: That'll hold the MJs off!
    well i think we can safely say we are suffering with a severe case of MICHEALITIS..... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> i should be doing housework and here i am on here............HELP !!!!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    MICHEALITIS.!!!!!! that's sooooooo good! haha lmao lmao! that's EXACTLY i've been suffering from! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    14. when you have reached strike 2 of 3 warnings at work about going to Michael Jackson fansites on the office computer, but your fingers have a mind of their own, and you are still risking it. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> How am I suppose to go 9 hours without checking in?
    15.in very severe cases.........you order the following........and more and more all different <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    this is a severe case of MICHEALITIS
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • traceys_hometraceys_home Posts: 102
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

You guys are all to cute...I love it!

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->