Dr. Conrad Murray -- No Hard Feelings

edited January 1970 in News
Dr. Conrad Murray -- No Hard Feelings

8/24/2010 5:45 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray must have some pretty thick skin -- because sources close to the doc tell TMZ he's "not at all upset" with the people who were calling him a "murderer" on the way out of court yesterday.

0823-conrad-murray-tmz-ex-credit.jpg

We're told Doc Murray believes that everyone has a right to express their feelings ... even if he doesn't agree.

As we previously reported, several Michael Jackson supporters hurled insults at the doc as he left an L.A. courtroom yesterday ... right after Murray's legal team was granted access to MJ's fluid samples to aid in his defense in the involuntary manslaughter trial.

A rep for Murray's defense team tells us, "We're just happy there wasn't a blimp this time."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/24/dr-conrad ... l-jackson/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Ha! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Of course Murray isn't offended. This is what he SIGNED UP for! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "Dr. Conrad Murray must have some pretty thick skin -- because sources close to the doc tell TMZ he's "not at all upset" with the people who were calling him a "murderer" on the way out of court yesterday."

He must have some pretty thick skin, hmmm. Maybe because he's an actor playing his part in the hoax and he's wearing a disguise?? And of course he's not at all upset, he knows Michael is alive and well and "da troot will prevail"!...eventually.
  • "Dr. Conrad Murray must have some pretty thick skin -- because sources close to the doc tell TMZ he's "not at all upset" with the people who were calling him a "murderer" on the way out of court yesterday."

He must have some pretty thick skin, hmmm. Maybe because he's an actor playing his part in the hoax and he's wearing a disguise?? And of course he's not at all upset, he knows Michael is alive and well and "da troot will prevail"!...eventually.

Exactly. Not to mention, the "thick skin" thing reminds me of MJ saying he has "rhinocerous skin"...
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Yeah, thick skin... LOL.

BTW, that picture cracks me up. He looks like a kid that doesn't get what he want.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Did Murray called up TMZ and told him how he felt <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    could this also be MJ's way of saying he's not angry with the fans who are accusing DCM of being a murderer, because he understands how they are feeling (or something along these lines?)

lol and Murray's thumbsup pic... hehe reminds me of someone.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    That is something Mike would say that these peeps have a right to express themselves. Gee CM has all the qualities Mike has what a coincidence? Mike! I wonder how the trial will be it's gonna be a rather interesting trial. There is no way CM is real the man is too protected to be a regular person come on someone protects him and that's MJ. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Why TMZ Murray uses this picture now, this is the fourth time the public. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I've been thinking a lot about our friend Dr Murray!

There seems to be conflicting opinions about Murray's case v MJ's case. Some say they're identical; a black man accused, tried and found guilty in the court of public opinion before a trial has even begun. History repeating itself.

But I get a different vibe. The two cases feel very different to me.

The media in MJ's case, had him guilty and locked away from day one. Never any positive reports.
    In Murray's case most of what I've heard from the media are glowing reports from patients and random people he's helped on planes etc! They seem to want him to be innocent.
    The media therefore are treating the accused men very differently and in both case they undoubtedly had/have great influence over the general public's views.

In MJ's case I was aware of his fans outside the court shouting his innocence and supporting him. There may have been others calling him paedo etc, but that isn't what I picked up from reports at the time.
    In Murray's case they are calling him a murderer, not supporting him. I don't see any' Murray is innocent' placards etc.
    Therefore certain MJ 'fans' are not viewing the two accused men in the same way at all and the general feeling outside court is very different.

I don't see this as history repeating itself at all. It seems to me the only ones who are involved in accusing, trying and finding a black man guilty in the court of public opinion before the actual trial takes place, are these 'crazy MJ fans', to use a well worn phrase!

Interesting to consider that they may just be playing their part too!

Everyone else just thinks Murray gave MJ drugs he needed to sleep and he had a bad reaction to them (as in he died!). Everyone, that is, except those who don't think he died at all!

I love Murray, I think he holds the key to such a lot in this whole saga. And I just love a good courtroom drama! So, 'no hard feelings' from me if it doesn't happen till 2011 or beyond!
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    "We're just happy there wasn't a blimp this time."

What does that mean? When was there a blimp? Have I missed something? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Sorry if it's a silly question..
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

What does that mean? When was there a blimp? Have I missed something? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Isn't a blimp a hot air balloon? Maybe they mean the story about balloon boy at the time? When was that again? That was a big hoax.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• "We're just happy there wasn't a blimp this time."

Isn't a blimp a hot air balloon? Maybe they mean the story about balloon boy at the time? When was that again? That was a big hoax.

"Blimp" can also mean "reactionary"
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011

"Blimp" can also mean "reactionary"

Thank you for explaining.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    A rep for Murray's defense team tells us, "We're just happy there wasn't a blimp this time."
    Here's the MJ-Air blimp, from where MJ can see all. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Also Murray's thumb could also be a backward 7, that everythings A-okay even perfect 7.
    We're told Doc Murray believes that everyone has a right to express their feelings ... even if he doesn't agree.
    This whole hoax has been about us investigating together as a team, expressing ourselves in freedom without fear of others belittling. The trees behind Murray have thick-skinned bark, just as MJ's rhinocerous skin, and we have to take a little deception and beating up here on the web too, in this ARG. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    yep, I did remember something about an MJ blimp lol! Mike thanks we love you boy! I also wondered if it was in any way connected to Colonel Blimp look into everything. MJ here we go investigating I've learned soo much. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Colonel Blimp is a British cartoon character.

The cartoonist David Low first drew Colonel Blimp for Lord Beaverbrook's London Evening Standard in the 1930s: pompous, irascible, jingoistic and stereotypically British. Low developed the character after overhearing two military men in a Turkish bath declare that cavalry officers should be entitled to wear their spurs inside tanks.[1]

Blimp would issue proclamations from the Turkish bath, wrapped in his towel and brandishing some mundane weapon to emphasize his passion on some issue of current affairs. Unfortunately, his pronouncements were often confused and childlike.[2] His phrasing often includes direct contradiction, as though the first part of a sentence of his did not know what it was leading to, with the conclusion being part of an emotional catchphrase.[clarification needed]

Blimp was a satire on the reactionary opinions of the British establishment of the 1930s and 1940s, epitomized by Winston Churchill. Colonel Blimp has been called the representative of "all that [Low] disliked in British politics" - such as a perceived lack of enthusiasm for democracy.[1] Although Low described him as "a symbol of stupidity", he added that "stupid people are quite nice".

George Orwell and Tom Wintringham made especially extensive use of the term "blimps", Orwell in his articles[3] and Wintringham in his books How to Reform the Army and People's War, with exactly the above meaning in mind.

In his 1941 essay "The Lion and the Unicorn", Orwell referred to two important sub-sections of the middle class, one of which was the military and imperialistic middle class, nicknamed the Blimps, and characterised by the "half-pay colonel with his bull neck and diminutive brain". He added that they had been losing their vitality over the past thirty years, "writhing impotently under the changes that were happening."[4]

A more likeable version of Blimp appeared in the classic British film The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp starring Roger Livesey and Deborah Kerr. It was made in 1943, when the war was at its height, by Powell and Pressburger. The "Blimp" character was named Clive Candy and is not actually called "Blimp" other than in the title. Prime Minister Winston Churchill sought to ban the film due to its sympathetic presentation of a German officer (played by Anton Walbrook), albeit an anti-Nazi one, who is more down-to-earth and realistic than the central British character.

The character has survived in the form of a cliché phrase — highly reactionary opinions are characterised as "Colonel Blimp" statements.

In a recent book, historian Christopher Clark used the term "blimpish" to characterise the Prussian Field Marshall Mollendorf who distinugushed himself as an officer in the Seven Years' War but whose conservatism and opposition to military reform was considered to have contributed to Prussia's defeat in the Battle of Jena [5]
  • file.php?id=9341
    Here's the MJ-Air blimp, from where MJ can see all. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

I was just going to post this as there was no Blimp at any of the hearings, it was a banner pulled by a plane.

MJ Fans Launch Aerial Attack on Doc Murray
    3/30/2010 10:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff
    0330_mj_banner_ex.jpg
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/31/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-fans-airplane-banner/

• nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    They are referring to the blimp the judge had near or on his desk at that first Murray court thingy, the blimp and the taxi cab and the yellow sunflower thingy and the calendar in the back et......There was a blimp there that day too.
    so, there are several blimps I didn't notice the blimp in the courtroom mmm........now that's something I do remember the sunflower and taxi now what significance could it have Mike illuminate us more plz!
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    The blimp was not right up front, it was more to the back and I think there may have been a photo on the calendar too of some sort of flying contraption. Wish I could dig up some photos of that day.
    I'm searching if I find something I post it no wonder I didn't see it if it's towards the back all I saw was the stuff on the desk and the calendar.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    WHAT is UP with this picture? TMZ has used it in the last couple of posts about CM.

& is he giving the thumbs up, or telling the camera man to beat it?
  • mmzmmz Posts: 450
    ..THICK SKIN...can it be referred to a prosthaetic make -up? A disguise? .mmhh...I am going too far...sorry
  • Dr Murray seems totally confident in his innocence.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    When they said blimp I took it to mean the big light thing in the sky used for filming
  • "We're just happy there wasn't a blimp this time."

I was just wondering the very same thing myself, and reading down the page before making a comment.

What is a "blimp"?

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blimp<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CDoQ9QEwBw<!-- m -->

Sorry couldnt resist the coca cola blimp this all makes me think of MJ AIR or they could be refering to the JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL BANNER back in June at the last hearing.