New MJ Movie Being Shopped -- 'This Is REALLY It'

2»

Comments

• Even if this is nothing to do with the hoax... i really want to see this. Rehearsal footage from 1981.. wow! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I bet this one will be much better than Kenny's creation!!!
  • Even if this is nothing to do with the hoax... i really want to see this. Rehearsal footage from 1981.. wow! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I bet this one will be much better than Kenny's creation!!!
    I would like to see it too, but I'm sure it has EVERYTHING to do with the hoax. I wonder if this rehearsal footage will actually make it to the big screen.
  • The Newtrons' Songs
    The Day I Tasted Love
    Daddy
    Storybook Girl
    I Want You Back
    Girl Talk
    Gettin' Busy At The Party
    Similar Attraction
    Thrill Me
    Calling On All Girls
    My Heart Beats For You
    Thrill Me
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/newtrons/tracks/

[youtube:2kr0tue5]

[youtube:2kr0tue5]
  • New MJ Movie Being Shopped -- 'This Is REALLY It'
    3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson could live again on the big screen -- TMZ has learned a former Jackson associate is trying to shop around a full-length movie featuring unseen rehearsal footage from MJ's 1981 concert series.

0827-michael-jackson-bigger-better-getty-ex.jpg

The man behind the deal is Ron Newt -- who claims he was so close with Michael, that the singer gave him special behind-the-scenes footage from Jackson's 1981 Triumph Tour.

Now, after seeing the success of "This Is It " -- Newt tells TMZ he's put together a 64-minute feature film from his footage ... which includes several candid moments involving MJ and his brothers. Michael can also be seen dancing, singing and directing the stage production.

Newt tells us he's already getting offers from several interested parties -- with proposals reaching into seven figures.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/27/michael-j ... umph-tour/<!-- m -->

Seven again.

Properties of the number 64
    <!-- m -->http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu64.php<!-- m -->

The numbers 63 and 64, the I Ching, and fractions of the Eye of Horus.

The Eye of Horus
    The Eye of Horus (originally, The Eye of Ra) is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and power, from the deity Horus or Ra. In the Egyptian language the word for this symbol was "wadjet" (according to M. Stokstad "Art History").

The Eye of Horus, originally the Eye of Ra, symbolized royal power. The ancients believed this symbol of indestructibility would assist in rebirth. The Eye of Horus was found under the 12th layer of bandages on Tutankhamun's mummy. Horus was an ancient Egyptian sky god; one of his eyes was the sun and the other the moon. The eye represents a peregrine falcon's eye and the markings around it, including the "teardrop" marking sometimes found below the eye.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

In Arithmetic
    In the Ancient Egyptian measurement system, the Eye Of Horus defined an Old Kingdom rounded off number limited by: one(1)= 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64. The Eye of Horus statements created 6-term rounded off numbers. The Old Kingdom definition had dropped a 7th term, a remainder 1/64, that was needed to report exact series. During the Middle Kingdom exact series definitions and applications were written by creating 7-terms, or more, written as Egyptian fraction series, often scaled to 1/320 hekat. For example, the Akhmim Wooden Tablet wrote quotients in the Eye of Horus 6-terms, while writing 7th term remainders as Egyptian fractions, scaled to 1/320 of a hekat. The metaphorical side of this information linked the Old Kingdom six fractions, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64 to separate parts of the eye, as noted by:

· 1/2 was represented by smell, symbolized by the right side of the eye in a form of the nose. The pyramid text says: "Behold [the fire] rises in Abydos and it comes; I cause it to come, the Eye of Horus. It is set in order upon thy brow, O Osiris Khenti-Amenti; it is set in the shrine and rises on thy brow."

· 1/4 was represented by sight or the sensation of light, symbolized by the pupil. The pyramid text says: "Perfect is the Eye of Horus. I have delivered the Eye of Horus, the shining one, the ornament of the Eye of Ra, the Father of the Gods."

· 1/8 was represented by thought, symbolized by the eyebrow. The pyramid text says: "...the Eye of Horus hath made me holy...I will hide myself among you, O ye stars which are imperishable. My brow is the brow of Ra."

· 1/16 was represented by hearing, symbolized by the left side of the eye in the form of an arrow pointing towards the ear. The pyramid text says: "That which has been shut fast/dead hath been opened by the command of the Eye of Horus, which hath delivered me. Established are the beauties on the forehead of Ra."

· 1/32 was represented by taste, by the sprouting of wheat or grain from the planted stalk, symbolized by a curved tail. The pyramid text says: "Come, the Eye of Horus hath delivered for me my soul, my ornaments are established on the brow of Ra. Light is on the faces of those who are in the members of Osiris."

· 1/64 was represented by touch, symbolized by a leg touching the ground, or what can also be thought of as a strong plant growing into the surface of the earth. The pyramid text says: "I shall see the Gods and the Eye of Horus burning with fire before my eyes!"

In the Middle Kingdom the 1/64 symbol denoted 'rest' and 'healing' as connected to the hekat, with the word dja being attached.

What I find so amazing about this is that the numbers 63 and 64 have a very special significance in the Yijing (I Ching) also.

Hex63And64.JPG

Hexagram 63 is called "After Completion." This is the only hexagram in the I Ching in which all six lines are in their proper places. There is an energetic law in the I Ching that favors the "weak" yin/broken lines resting on the "strong" yang/whole lines, so it is usually favorable that when comparing pairs of lines, the lower line be yang, the upper line be yin.

In observance of this energetic law or rule, yang lines in places (counting from the bottom to the top) 1, 3, and 5; yin lines in places 2, 4, and 6 constitute energetic perfection and balance. The pairs of lines are all in complete harmony: the yang and yin pairs of lines are 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6. They also are compared in pairs of lines 1/4, 2/5, 3/6.

So, in the I Ching as in the Eye of Horus, the number 63 appears to be the end. After all everything has been completed, all the lines of the hexagram are in harmony and in the right places. The trigram for water is above the trigram for fire, indicating that the energetic movement of each is toward the other….water moves down to combine with fire, and fire moves upward to combine with water. With its parts that add up to 63, the Eye of Horus appears to be whole and complete as well

So, what is the next step? Why is the Eye not a complete 64/64? Why does the final hexagram, hexagram 64, contain all the line comparison harmonies of hexagram 63, but have all the lines are in the wrong places, all the yang lines are "resting" on yin lines? That just won't do!

The next step after completing something is starting something else. A new life perhaps?

The final hexagram is named "Before Completion." The Image (referring to the upper and lower trigrams of three lines each) says: "Fire over water. The image of the condition before transition." Perhaps it means before the transition to immortality!

In Daoist philosophy, there is the concept of immortality. Each person is born with multiple souls. Some of these are heavenly souls (fire) and some are earthly (water). Through a practice called the Kan and Li Qigong (Water and Fire Energy Practice), a person can attain immortality by melding together his heavenly and earthly energies, his water and fire energies.

Some believe the I Ching is a map of how a person should work with their energies and souls to attain immortality. If they manage to complete the process, they reach the perfection of hexagram 63. If not, their energies move apart as they do in hexagram 64, the energies of fire rising skyward, and the energies of water flowing earthward, and immortality is not attained.

Some believe the Eye of Ra is a symbol of immortality also, especially the immortality of Ra of course, but there is something missing, here, too. The eye has everything it needs except a pupil….that part of the eye through which a person can see. An eye without a pupil is as good as no eye at all, for one cannot see with it. Is it possible that the missing 1/64 of the eye is the pupil, that part of the eye that would grant Vision, perhaps of an immortal or enlightened type?

Possibly this is so. The number 64 is the square of 8, and squares of numbers tend to have special significance, such as 3X3, and especially 7X7 (which we see in the saying "the seventh son of a seventh son").

The number 8 can represent two different ideas of wholeness or completeness. First, on a two-dimensional level, it can represent the eight directions; in time, it can represent the eight special days of the year, the two solstices and equinoxes as well as the cross-quarter days, the days that fall between the solstices and equinoxes. Second, on a three-dimensional level, the number 8 can represent the corners that form the earth (shades of the ancient "square earth" theory), and the four corners that hold up the sky! Without four heavenly corners, the sky would just fall and there would be no earth.

So, it seems very reasonable that the number 63 would symbolize a life well lived and well spent, and that 64 would be an indication of a life just starting over again!

In hexagram 64 we have balance and harmony, just in the wrong order, and if you give the Eye a pupil, that last little 1/64 of its weight, it will surely see it's way clear to return from the Otherworld of Osiris and make a new life here on Earth again.

Whether that new life is a rebirth or a resurrection is a topic for another post. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    http://phoenixqi.blogspot.com/2007/05/numbers-63-and-64-i-ching-and-fractions.html
    3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson could live again on the big screen -- TMZ has learned a former Jackson associate is trying to shop around a full-length movie featuring unseen rehearsal footage from MJ's 1981 concert series.

The man behind the deal is Ron Newt -- who claims he was so close with Michael, that the singer gave him special behind-the-scenes footage from Jackson's 1981 Triumph Tour.

Now, after seeing the success of "This Is It " -- Newt tells TMZ he's put together a 64-minute feature film from his footage ... which includes several candid moments involving MJ and his brothers. Michael can also be seen dancing, singing and directing the stage production.

Newt tells us he's already getting offers from several interested parties -- with proposals reaching into seven figures.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/27/michael-j ... umph-tour/<!-- m -->

Seven again.

Properties of the number 64
    <!-- m -->http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu64.php<!-- m -->

The numbers 63 and 64, the I Ching, and fractions of the Eye of Horus.

The Eye of Horus
    The Eye of Horus (originally, The Eye of Ra) is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and power, from the deity Horus or Ra. In the Egyptian language the word for this symbol was "wadjet" (according to M. Stokstad "Art History").

The Eye of Horus, originally the Eye of Ra, symbolized royal power. The ancients believed this symbol of indestructibility would assist in rebirth. The Eye of Horus was found under the 12th layer of bandages on Tutankhamun's mummy. Horus was an ancient Egyptian sky god; one of his eyes was the sun and the other the moon. The eye represents a peregrine falcon's eye and the markings around it, including the "teardrop" marking sometimes found below the eye.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

In Arithmetic
    In the Ancient Egyptian measurement system, the Eye Of Horus defined an Old Kingdom rounded off number limited by: one(1)= 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64. The Eye of Horus statements created 6-term rounded off numbers. The Old Kingdom definition had dropped a 7th term, a remainder 1/64, that was needed to report exact series. During the Middle Kingdom exact series definitions and applications were written by creating 7-terms, or more, written as Egyptian fraction series, often scaled to 1/320 hekat. For example, the Akhmim Wooden Tablet wrote quotients in the Eye of Horus 6-terms, while writing 7th term remainders as Egyptian fractions, scaled to 1/320 of a hekat. The metaphorical side of this information linked the Old Kingdom six fractions, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64 to separate parts of the eye, as noted by:

· 1/2 was represented by smell, symbolized by the right side of the eye in a form of the nose. The pyramid text says: "Behold [the fire] rises in Abydos and it comes; I cause it to come, the Eye of Horus. It is set in order upon thy brow, O Osiris Khenti-Amenti; it is set in the shrine and rises on thy brow."

· 1/4 was represented by sight or the sensation of light, symbolized by the pupil. The pyramid text says: "Perfect is the Eye of Horus. I have delivered the Eye of Horus, the shining one, the ornament of the Eye of Ra, the Father of the Gods."

· 1/8 was represented by thought, symbolized by the eyebrow. The pyramid text says: "...the Eye of Horus hath made me holy...I will hide myself among you, O ye stars which are imperishable. My brow is the brow of Ra."

· 1/16 was represented by hearing, symbolized by the left side of the eye in the form of an arrow pointing towards the ear. The pyramid text says: "That which has been shut fast/dead hath been opened by the command of the Eye of Horus, which hath delivered me. Established are the beauties on the forehead of Ra."

· 1/32 was represented by taste, by the sprouting of wheat or grain from the planted stalk, symbolized by a curved tail. The pyramid text says: "Come, the Eye of Horus hath delivered for me my soul, my ornaments are established on the brow of Ra. Light is on the faces of those who are in the members of Osiris."

· 1/64 was represented by touch, symbolized by a leg touching the ground, or what can also be thought of as a strong plant growing into the surface of the earth. The pyramid text says: "I shall see the Gods and the Eye of Horus burning with fire before my eyes!"

In the Middle Kingdom the 1/64 symbol denoted 'rest' and 'healing' as connected to the hekat, with the word dja being attached.

What I find so amazing about this is that the numbers 63 and 64 have a very special significance in the Yijing (I Ching) also.

Hex63And64.JPG

Hexagram 63 is called "After Completion." This is the only hexagram in the I Ching in which all six lines are in their proper places. There is an energetic law in the I Ching that favors the "weak" yin/broken lines resting on the "strong" yang/whole lines, so it is usually favorable that when comparing pairs of lines, the lower line be yang, the upper line be yin.

In observance of this energetic law or rule, yang lines in places (counting from the bottom to the top) 1, 3, and 5; yin lines in places 2, 4, and 6 constitute energetic perfection and balance. The pairs of lines are all in complete harmony: the yang and yin pairs of lines are 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6. They also are compared in pairs of lines 1/4, 2/5, 3/6.

So, in the I Ching as in the Eye of Horus, the number 63 appears to be the end. After all everything has been completed, all the lines of the hexagram are in harmony and in the right places. The trigram for water is above the trigram for fire, indicating that the energetic movement of each is toward the other….water moves down to combine with fire, and fire moves upward to combine with water. With its parts that add up to 63, the Eye of Horus appears to be whole and complete as well

So, what is the next step? Why is the Eye not a complete 64/64? Why does the final hexagram, hexagram 64, contain all the line comparison harmonies of hexagram 63, but have all the lines are in the wrong places, all the yang lines are "resting" on yin lines? That just won't do!

The next step after completing something is starting something else. A new life perhaps?

The final hexagram is named "Before Completion." The Image (referring to the upper and lower trigrams of three lines each) says: "Fire over water. The image of the condition before transition." Perhaps it means before the transition to immortality!

In Daoist philosophy, there is the concept of immortality. Each person is born with multiple souls. Some of these are heavenly souls (fire) and some are earthly (water). Through a practice called the Kan and Li Qigong (Water and Fire Energy Practice), a person can attain immortality by melding together his heavenly and earthly energies, his water and fire energies.

Some believe the I Ching is a map of how a person should work with their energies and souls to attain immortality. If they manage to complete the process, they reach the perfection of hexagram 63. If not, their energies move apart as they do in hexagram 64, the energies of fire rising skyward, and the energies of water flowing earthward, and immortality is not attained.

Some believe the Eye of Ra is a symbol of immortality also, especially the immortality of Ra of course, but there is something missing, here, too. The eye has everything it needs except a pupil….that part of the eye through which a person can see. An eye without a pupil is as good as no eye at all, for one cannot see with it. Is it possible that the missing 1/64 of the eye is the pupil, that part of the eye that would grant Vision, perhaps of an immortal or enlightened type?

Possibly this is so. The number 64 is the square of 8, and squares of numbers tend to have special significance, such as 3X3, and especially 7X7 (which we see in the saying "the seventh son of a seventh son").

The number 8 can represent two different ideas of wholeness or completeness. First, on a two-dimensional level, it can represent the eight directions; in time, it can represent the eight special days of the year, the two solstices and equinoxes as well as the cross-quarter days, the days that fall between the solstices and equinoxes. Second, on a three-dimensional level, the number 8 can represent the corners that form the earth (shades of the ancient "square earth" theory), and the four corners that hold up the sky! Without four heavenly corners, the sky would just fall and there would be no earth.

So, it seems very reasonable that the number 63 would symbolize a life well lived and well spent, and that 64 would be an indication of a life just starting over again!

In hexagram 64 we have balance and harmony, just in the wrong order, and if you give the Eye a pupil, that last little 1/64 of its weight, it will surely see it's way clear to return from the Otherworld of Osiris and make a new life here on Earth again.

Whether that new life is a rebirth or a resurrection is a topic for another post. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    http://phoenixqi.blogspot.com/2007/05/numbers-63-and-64-i-ching-and-fractions.html

I Ching
    The I Ching (Wade-Giles), "Yì Jing" (Pinyin), also known as the Book of Changes, Classic of Changes; and Zhouyi, is one of the oldest of the Chinese classic texts. The book contains a divination system comparable to Western geomancy or the West African Ifa system. In Western cultures and modern East Asia, it is still widely used for this purpose.

The standard text originated from the ancient text transmitted by Fei Zhi (50 BC-10 AD) of the Han Dynasty. During the Han Dynasty this version competed with the bowdlerised new text version transmitted by Tian He at the beginning of the Western Han. However, by the time of the Tang Dynasty the ancient text version, which survived Qin’s book-burning by being preserved amongst the peasantry, became the accepted norm among Chinese scholars.

The earliest extant version of the text, written on bamboo slips, albeit incomplete, is the Chujian Zhouyi, and dates to the latter half of the Warring States period (mid 4th to early 3rd century BC), and certainly cannot be later than 223 BC, when Chu was conquered by Qin. It is essentially the same as the standard text, except for a few significant variora.

During the Warring States period, the text was re-interpreted as a system of cosmology and philosophy that subsequently became intrinsic to Chinese culture. It centred on the ideas of the dynamic balance of opposites, the evolution of events as a process, and acceptance of the inevitability of change.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

DUALISM!

ying-yang.jpg
  • The Triumph Tour
    The Triumph Tour was a concert tour by The Jacksons, covering the United States from July 9 to September 26, 1981. The tour grossed a total of $5.5 million, setting a record breaking 4 sold out concerts in Los Angeles, California.

History
    By 1981, the Jacksons had regained success as a platinum-selling recording group with two albums, Destiny and Triumph and lead singer Michael Jackson was in the final stages of promoting his multi-platinum hit, Off the Wall. Embarking on this tour provided Michael to bring in new ideas as to how the group can produce a show to his liking. Inspired by the live shows by Earth, Wind & Fire, Michael created the costumes and designed the stage and alongside his brothers collaborating, created an intro that signaled similarities to their "Can You Feel It" music video. As he had since the early days Marlon Jackson helped choreograph the dance routines. The shows included magical elements designed by Doug Henning, for example Michael disappearing in smoke during Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough

Touring tenure
    The Triumph Tour began in Memphis, Tennessee and ended with a sold-out week of shows in Los Angeles, California. The tour was given great reviews upon every show in part due to Michael's leadership and showmanship. The brothers also came in for praise, particularly Randy and Tito's musicality and Marlon's dance ability. The tour also marked the last truly integrated group effort as Michael's solo career would soon eclipse his success with his brothers. The tour was so well-received and popular that Epic had the brothers record one of the shows (though it's not entirely clear where the recording took place in one show or on a bevy of other tours that were put together for the recording. However it was rumored that the tracks were recorded during stops in Memphis, New York City, Buffalo and Atlanta.). The live album, The Jacksons Live!, came out in the winter of 1981 and eventually went gold. After the tour ended, Michael went back to record his follow-up to Off the Wall. It would be three years before The Jacksons would go back on the road again. Rolling Stone later named the Triumph Tour one of the best 25 tours of 1957-1987.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tour
  • 8/29/2010 12:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The article posting date/time:[/color]
    8/29/2010 12:55
    8, 9, 11, 55, 222

Number 8
    Achievement, abundance, executive, strength, self-disciplined, power, success, authority, psychology, entrepreneur, intensity, supervisor, provider, grandeur, material manifestor.

Number 9
    Humanitarian, compassionate, romantic, selfless, generous, philanthropic, loving, wisdom, idealist, artistic, spiritual healer, all allowing, other worldly, blending.

Number 11
    Messenger, Inspired, Intuitive, Channeling, Inventive, Mystic, Spiritual, Teacher, Idealistic, Romantic, Artistic, Energetic, Enthusiasm, Angels of creative communication, Christ-like Love, Visionary, Joy-bringer.

Number 55
    Way shower, leader to the light, whole-brain thinking, quantum spirituality, universal mediator, mental telepathy, clairvoyance, ultimate freedom, ultimate oneness, integral consciousness.
    http://www.numberquest.com/knowledge_number_meaning_8.php

2, 22, 222 - The keywords for the number 2 are:
    Peace, kindness, insightfulness, sensitivity, ambition, spirituality, harmony, co-operation, consideration, adaptability, flexibility, duality. 2 is the vibration and energy of balance, and diplomacy, sensitivity, intuition and emotion.

2 is a message to have faith, trust and courage. Your prayers are manifesting in your life, even if it is not obvious just yet.
    The number 22 has to do with ‘balance’, manifesting miracles and new opportunities.
    The message is to keep the faith!

The message of 222 is that everything will turn out for the best. Do not put your energies into negativity – be aware that all is being working out by spirit, for the highest good of all involved. 222 is also reminding us to keep up the good work you are doing, as the evidence of your manifestations are coming to fruition.
    <!-- m -->http://www.sacredscribes.net/angelnumbersequences.htm<!-- m -->

8 + 2 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 5 = 35 - is "the cosmic organization, 30, allowing the alive creature, 5, the karmic liberation; as septenary quintuple (35 = 5 x 7) it is the evolution in the life and by the life".
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    64 minutes in length.

64 days between Murray's last court date 8/23 and the date of the "dealine" or lawyer-judges meeting set for 10/26.

70 days between all of Murray's court dates EXCEPT for this span of 64 days. I haven't been able to figure out why. the number 64 has just been rattling around in my head for a week or so looking for some place to get connected.
    8/29/2010 12:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The DOTS in this article are all about how the mass media is being controlled.

NMJ - New Media Journalism
    In the beginning, media journalism was the province of a town crier. Later came newspapers, followed by television and radio. These latter three communication venues — town criers fell by the wayside around the time Gutenberg invented the printing press — held a virtual monopoly on media journalism until the creation of the Internet. The resulting chat rooms, blogs, news sites, personal websites, podcasts, and video opportunities offered both news and opinion from individuals and experts alike. The result has come to be known as new media journalism.

The meteoric rise of new media journalism might have been driven primarily by advancements in technology, but a general dissatisfaction with existing forms of journalism also played a role. Sometimes traditional media journalists lived up to their own standards of neutral and unbiased reporting, and sometimes they didn’t. In the last quarter of the 20th century — likely in an effort to increase profits — the lines between traditional media journalism, advertising, entertainment, and agenda-driven reporting became rather blurry. New media journalism — reporting and opinion provided by what are often called “citizen journalists” — exploded in terms of type, number, and popularity.

A number of websites specializing in new media journalism grew so large and popular as to become viable competitors to the traditional media. Websites of new media journalists tend to be agenda-oriented. For instance, major players in the field such as The Drudge Report are geared toward an audience with conservative leanings, while sites such as The Huffington Post strive to reach a more liberal audience. The difference between these new media journalists and traditional media journalists is that the former do not normally put up a pretense of being unbiased. The reader knows what they are getting before the fact, and thus can peruse a variety of different offerings and make their own distinctions between fact and opinion.

The owners of traditional media groups, as well as the reporters and broadcasters who worked for such organizations, originally tended to dismiss bloggers and other new media journalists as unprofessional. That scenario changed when many traditional journalists — dissatisfied with the tight restrictions on coverage and content under which they had previously worked — moved into the world of new media journalism. Though it took a few years for the mainstream press to bow to the inevitable, many traditional outlets now utilize the myriad possibilities of new media journalism to spread their message to the public.
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-new-media-journalism.htm

MBS - Mutual Broadcasting System
    The Mutual Broadcasting System (MBS) was an American radio network, in operation from 1934 to 1999. In the golden age of U.S. radio drama, MBS was best known as the original network home of The Lone Ranger and The Adventures of Superman and as the long-time radio residence of The Shadow. For many years, it was a national broadcaster for Major League Baseball, including the All-Star Game and World Series, and for Notre Dame football. From the mid-1930s and for decades after, Mutual ran a highly respected news service accompanied by a variety of popular commentary shows. Toward the end of its run as a major programmer, it introduced the country to Larry King.

Of the four national networks of American radio's classic era, Mutual had for decades the largest number of affiliates but the least certain financial position. For the first eighteen years of its existence, MBS was owned and operated as a cooperative, setting the network apart from its competitors: Mutual's members shared their own original programming, transmission and promotion expenses, and advertising revenues. From December 30, 1936, when it debuted in the West, the Mutual Broadcasting System had affiliates from coast to coast. Its business structure would change after General Tire assumed majority ownership in 1952 through a series of regional and individual station acquisitions.

Once General Tire sold the network in 1957, Mutual's ownership was largely disconnected from the stations it served, leading to a more conventional, top-down model of program production and distribution. Not long after the sale, one of the network's new executive teams was charged with accepting money to use Mutual as a vehicle for foreign propaganda. The network was severely damaged, but soon rebounded. Mutual changed hands frequently in succeeding years—even leaving aside larger-scale acquisitions and mergers, its final direct corporate parent, Westwood One, which purchased it in 1985, was the seventh in a string of new owners that followed General Tire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_Broadcasting_System

TIRI - The Information Research Institute (UK)
    New information technologies are constantly changing the way we live, work and relate to each other. From computerised databases to mobile telephony, the Internet to biometric data, technology is creating new opportunities and challenges for policy makers, industry and individuals.

The Information Research Institute (TIRI) was established in September 2003, as one of ten new institutes created by Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) to drive its research activities. Broadly, we focus our research on the techniques and processes used in creating, acquiring, storing, transmitting and exploiting information.
    http://www.tiri.mmu.ac.uk/

Research Projects
    TIRI's research is funded by a range of organisations including the European Union, the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), the Economic and Social Research Council and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, as well as numerous commercial organisations.

This underlines the strength and diversity of our research capability.

Full Project List
    http://www.tiri.mmu.ac.uk/projects/list/

MT - Management Team
    This is referring to the limited number of Corporations that own multiple media sources and work together to control what is being reported in the mass media as well as the debate that is currently occurring about government trying to take control of the internet to limit access to information by the general public.

Concentration of Media Ownership
    Concentration of media ownership refers to the relative proportion between two quantities: first, the numbers of people or parties who own, control, or influence a given medium; and second, the numbers of people or parties who are exposed to, affected by, or influenced by, that medium. This topic is of particular importance as it relates to the sociological study of how people's beliefs are formed, and how people's actions are then based on those beliefs. This topic is also important as it relates to the study of editorial independence, media bias, and freedom of the press.

Concentration of media ownership (also known as media consolidation) also refers to the view that the majority of the major media outlets are owned by a proportionately small number of conglomerates and corporations. In that sense, the term "media consolidation" is used especially by those who view such consolidation as sociologically detrimental, dangerous, or problematic. This term may refer to states of oligopoly or monopoly in a given media industry, or to the sociological significance of the proportionately low number of "mass media", or "mainstream media" media conglomerates.

Concentration of media ownership is an issue globally, regionally, and also within particular nations.

Concentration of media ownership is very frequently seen as a problem of contemporary media and society. When media ownership is concentrated in one or more of the ways mentioned above, a number of undesirable consequences follow, including the following:
    * Commercially driven, ultra-powerful mass market media is primarily loyal to sponsors, i.e. advertisers and government rather than to the public interest.
    * If only a few companies representing the interests of a minority elite control the public airwaves of 300 million US citizens, then calling them "public airwaves" is only lip service.
    * Healthy, market-based competition is absent, leading to slower innovation and increased prices.

Reporters have often seen their stories refused or edited beyond recognition, in instances where they have unearthed potentially damaging information concerning either the media outlet's advertisers or its parent company.

An example would be the repeated refusal of networks to air "ads" from anti-war advocates to liberal groups like MoveOn.org, or religious groups like the United Church of Christ, regardless of factual basis.

Consequently, if the companies dominating a media market choose to suppress stories that do not serve their interests, the public suffers, since they are not adequately informed of some crucial issues that may affect them. If the only media outlets in town refuse to air a story, then the question becomes, who will?

Concern among academia rests in the notion that the purpose of the first amendment to the US constitution was to encourage a free press as political agitator evidenced by the famous quote from US President Thomas Jefferson, "The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure."

Critics of media deregulation and the resulting concentration of ownership fear that such trends will only continue to reduce the diversity of information provided, as well as to reduce the accountability of information providers to the public. The ultimate consequence of consolidation, critics argue, is a poorly-informed public, restricted to a reduced array of media options that offer only information that does not harm the media oligopoly's growing range of interests.

For those critics, media deregulation is a dangerous trend, facilitating an increase in concentration of media ownership, and subsequently reducing the overall quality and diversity of information communicated through major media channels. Increased concentration of media ownership can lead to the censorship of a wide range of critical thought.

Another concern is that consolidated media is not flexible enough to serve local communities in case of emergency. This happened in Minot, North Dakota, in 2002, after a train filled with anhydrous ammonia derailed. None of the leading radio stations in Minot carried information on the derailment or evacuation procedures, largely because they were all owned by Clear Channel Communications and received automated feeds from the corporate headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. 1600 people were injured and one died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_of_media_ownership

[youtube:3hd06n41]

[youtube:3hd06n41]

NN - Non-Participating National (FCC); The Emergency Broadcasting System
    Participation in EAN emergency broadcasting was done with the "voluntary cooperation" of each station. Stations that were not prepared to be part of the national EBS network were classified as "non-participating" by the FCC. During an EAN, a non-participating station was required to advise listeners/viewers to tune elsewhere to find emergency bulletins. The station's transmitter would then be turned off. Non-participating stations had to remain off-the-air until the EAN was terminated. Under no circumstances could any broadcast station continue with normal programming during a national emergency.

Emergency Broadcast System
    The Emergency Broadcast System (EBS) was an emergency warning system in the United States, used from 1963 to 1997, when it was replaced by the Emergency Alert System.

Purpose
    "The Emergency Broadcast System was established to provide the President of the United States with an expeditious method of communicating with the American public in the event of war, threat of war, or grave national crisis." It replaced CONELRAD on August 5, 1963. In later years, it was expanded for use during peacetime emergencies at the state and local levels. Although the system was never used for a national emergency, it was activated more than 20,000 times between 1976 and 1996 to broadcast civil emergency messages and warnings of severe weather hazards

National Level EBS
    An order to activate the EBS at the national level would have originated with the President and been relayed via the White House Communications Agency duty officer to one of two origination points: either the Aerospace Defense Command or the Federal Preparedness Agency—as the system stood in 1978. Participating telecommunications common carriers, radio and television networks, the Associated Press and United Press International would receive and authenticate (by means of code words) an Emergency Action Notification via an EAN teletypewriter network designed specifically for this purpose. These recipients would relay the EAN to their subscribers and affiliate

The release of the EAN by the ADC or FPA would initiate a process by which the common carriers would link otherwise independent networks such as ABC, CBS and NBC into a single national network that even independent stations could receive programming from. "Broadcast stations would have used the two-tone Attention Signal on their assigned broadcast frequency to alert other broadcast stations to stand by for a message from the President."

Cultural Impact
    Comedian Adele Givens questioned why the EBS wasn't used to warn the American public on 9/11, talking about how she expected to hear the voice-over guy (whom she referred to as "Ted") delivering news about the attacks.

The song "This is Only a Test" by American punk rock band Pennywise opens on distorded television sounds and the line "This is only a test of the emergency broadcast system, this is the product of hysterical mass confusion". Prong used an EBS test message in the song "Test" on their 1994 album, Cleansing. In the 1990 film The Spirit of '76, the EBS signal is used as a futuristic national anthem.

False alarm of 1971
    Despite these safeguards, the system was inadvertently activated at 9:33 AM EST on February 20, 1971. Teletype operator W. S. Eberhardt accidentally "played the wrong tape" during a test of the system.] As a result, an EBS activation message authenticated with the codeword "hatefulness" was sent through the entire system, ordering stations to cease regular programming and broadcast the alert of a national emergency. A cancellation message was sent at 9:59 AM EST; however, it used the same codeword again. A cancellation message with the correct codeword, "impish," was not sent until 10:13 AM EST.

This false alarm demonstrated major flaws in the EBS. Many stations had not received the alert, but more importantly, the vast majority of those that did ignored it, or did not know what to do during an emergency While several stations went off the air, the one best remembered was WSNS-TV (Ch 44) in Chicago, which broadcast the 1971 events as they happened, a rare recording of which has become available from WOWO.

Numerous investigations were launched, and several changes were made to the EBS. Among them, the on-air alert announcement was streamlined, eliminating language that warned the audience of an imminent attack against the country.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Broadcast_System
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    And when I say "This Is It", it REALLY means this is it! So "This Is REALLY It!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Sorry...
    Well that sure made me smile!

Ron Newt's 3 sons do sound pretty good, Michael sound-alikes.

2 thoughts on the pic below. The word "Gangsta" reminded me of MJ's new song "No friend of mine". And the positioning of the heads and main title makes an up-side-down pyramid, suggesting overturning of the establishment, coupled with the wording at the bottom, "a journey into the darkest most dangerous secret parts of the world".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIRivHVzBU<!-- m -->
    No Friend Of Mine lyrics

U not my girl
    U not my wife
    Got a couple tips from Mike
    I'm moonwalkin outcha life
    I close my eyes, you outta site
    Now she wanna call me conceited
    Cause I'm a Smooth Criminal
    I told her to Beat It
    When a lil' love was all I needed
    U talkin'? I call it how I see it
    And now I mean it
    I'm out for good
    Like a lot of u into movin out the hood
    But if I told u take me back u would
    Too late me and P like Pac & Suge
    Had you into cars with a metro
    With a couple superstar from the ghetto
    Now you feelin so soft and u let go
    Of da T.E.M.P.A Mental
    (Michael Jackson)
    What u gonna do
    U aint no friend of mine
    Look what u put me through
    I'm the new Gangsta
    What u gonna do
    U ain't no friend of mine
    I can never fall in love
    The new Gangsta
    What u gonna do
    (Whatchu Gooooonnnnnna Do)
    Look what u put me through
    What u gonna doooo
    I can never fall in love
    The new Gangsta(Pras)

U ain't no friend
    A friend u'll neva be
    Obviously never been wit a real OG
    From the H.I.T rollin B.I.G
    Passin through V.I.P it's the Refugee
    (Gangsta)
    Spread some love like the Gold Rush
    Is was the things you did that used to mean so much
    Whatever u touched
    The way you used to blush
    Now me you brush
    Don't believe in such
    Not since lovers don't promote violence
    Not since just like the dolla no sense
    No good I can feel it through my sixth sense
    What's this wanna suck my existence
    But still I believe in U and Me
    Quite frankly that's how it's supposed to be
    That kinda love that could end any poverty
    So I keep these ghost like the Kennedy's
    Yeah(Michael Jackson)

Whatcha gonna do
    Look whatchu put me through
    I'm the new Gangsta

Whatcha gonna do
    I can never fall in love
    The new gangsta

(Speak to them Mike) (Speak to them Mike)

Whatcha gonnna do, Cause I'm gonnna getchuu
    No where ta runnnnn,
    No where ta hiddddeeee
    All the things ya said
    And the things ya done ta me
    U cannnn no longerrrr make me cryyyyy
    LOOK WHATCHA DONE TO ME BABY
    I CAN NO LONGER SMILE BABY
    And IIIII've waited so long, just to carry on
    I'm THE NEW GANGSTA

Whatcha gonna do
    U aint no friend of mine
    (U AIN'T NO FRIEND OF MINE)
    Look whatchu put me through
    (U AIN'T A FRIEND OF MINE)

Whatcha gonna do
    U aint a friend of mine
    I NEVER THOUGHT I'D FALL IN LOVE
    The New GangstaU GONNA KNOW
    YOU, U PUT ME
    (WHOA!!!)
    WHAT ARE YOU GONNA
    NO!!
    WHATCHA GONNA!!!
    NOOOO!!!
    Whatcha gonna do
    U ain't a friend of mine
    I NEVER THOUGHT I'D FALL IN LOVE
    The new Gangsta
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    [youtube:2ktgqhbp]

Hmmm makes me think about
    Mr Untouchable
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_Barnes<!-- m -->
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    michael-thumb-117x81.png

New pic to this story, it on the right side of TMZ, in most read stories section.
  • And when I say "This Is It", it REALLY means this is it! So "This Is REALLY It!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Sorry...
    Well that sure made me smile!

Ron Newt's 3 sons do sound pretty good, Michael sound-alikes.

2 thoughts on the pic below. The word "Gangsta" reminded me of MJ's new song "No friend of mine". And the positioning of the heads and main title makes an up-side-down pyramid, suggesting overturning of the establishment, coupled with the wording at the bottom, "a journey into the darkest most dangerous secret parts of the world".
    file.php?id=9515
    MJ sounds fabulous here and the lyrics allude to his being forced underground. <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIRivHVzBU<!-- m -->

"No Friend of Mine"- This could also be referring to Ron Newt not being a real friend of Michael's.

Some more odd things about this Newt guy.

Former Protégé Vouches for Jacko
    Thursday, April 07, 2005
    Now comes Robert Newt, 30...
    Newt and his twin brother Ronald Newt Jr. (now deceased)...
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152708,00.html

May 1, 1991 — Ronnie Newt, 16, lead singer for the Newtrons, shot while allegedly holding up a convenience store in San Bernardino, Calif.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,68654,00.html

Music Veteran Jay King Explores
    "Pimps, Players & Hustlers...
    The Real Truth About the Game"
    In Part 1 and Part 2 Series on BlogTalkRadio.com

Legendary Pimps
    Gangsta Brown,Ron Newt
    and Bishop "Magic" Don Juan
    Join Jay King to Drop Real Game

Ron Newt is an avowed pimp and the father of 90's boy group sensation Newtrons on MCA Records. His memoir the self-published, "Bigger Than Big" sent waves throughout the entertainment industry as he documented his life in the music business with his sons, rubbing shoulders with the biggest celebrities in the business, including Michael Jackson.

But if you go to Ron Newt's myspace page it says he is 38. If they got the names mixed up at Fox News, that is three years older than he should be in 2010, if he was 30 in 2005...
    Or it is Ron Newt Sr and he is lying about his age.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

http://www.myspace.com/diamondronnewt

l_d717eb3f74aea674d21595d5bd7c6e40.jpg

And his face book says Ron Newt Sr.
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Ron-Newt-Sr/1665427373
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Another concern is that consolidated media is not flexible enough to serve local communities in case of emergency. This happened in Minot, North Dakota, in 2002, after a train filled with anhydrous ammonia derailed. None of the leading radio stations in Minot carried information on the derailment or evacuation procedures, largely because they were all owned by Clear Channel Communications and received automated feeds from the corporate headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. 1600 people were injured and one died.

I just noticed that you posted this. (a month later) This is my home town. I lived on the other side of town and had no idea that it had happened until I got a phone call the next morning from our calling tree that school was canceled. (I teach) A lot of people still have ongoing health issues from that incident.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Michael can also be seen dancing, singing and directing the stage production.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This reminds me of Jermaines speech at the TII premiere....

[youtube:29peo3tq]