Is HMH not quite as it seems?

124»

Comments

• Snoopy, I imagine that any M will resemble another M. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    Snoopy, I imagine that any M will resemble another M. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

true, very true....I only mention it because very rarely do you ever see MJ wearing a necklace...and of course he happens to be prominently wearing this one! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Snoopy, I imagine that any M will resemble another M. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

true, very true....I only mention it because very rarely do you ever see MJ wearing a necklace...and of course he happens to be prominently wearing this one! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I do like that necklace, but am not sure if 50-year old MJ, with all the stuff going on in his life, would remember or think of the things he used to wear back in the day... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • nick_93nick_93 Posts: 269
    A little bit off topic but I just noticed, HMH is #77 on Australian iTunes charts <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Snoopy, I imagine that any M will resemble another M. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I do like that necklace, but am not sure if 50-year old MJ, with all the stuff going on in his life, would remember or think of the things he used to wear back in the day... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

true ...unless it had "sentimental" value (maybe a gift from a grandmother or something), then maybe he'd remember it or still has it. It doesn't look like something he'd buy for himself since he doesn't really wear necklaces.

Again, maybe just a coincidence <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I haven't read all the posts in this thread. Just the first and the last page. But to be honest, I think we're making something out of nothing in this thread.

Michael wrote and sang a lot of songs that were about healing the world and I think this song is just that. I think Michael wanted Akon to collaborate with him on this song so then people realize that everyone in the world, male and male, female and female, male and female, can hold hands together and create peace. Not homosexuality or sex. Just peace between countries and people in general. As he said, it's all for love. And when he says this, he doesn't mean it sexually. He just means loving each other like we're all family. Michael believed in God and in God's eyes, we're all related. We're all brothers and sisters. There's no need to fight with each other and express hatred towards one another. And that's what I think this song is about. "Things will go better if you just hold my hand." <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    blondememorial.jpg

Hold My Hand. Lol.

Is that Teddy Riley holding MJs hand at the memorial?

If so, dot connected <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    blondememorial.jpg

Hold My Hand. Lol.

Is that Teddy Riley holding MJs hand at the memorial?

If so, dot connected <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I think they said TR was wearing a different outfit so it probably isn't him. BUT, the "hold my hand" idea still applies. It's interesting how ALL THREE of these people are wearing sunglasses....just like the family.

It's a shell game....and Michael is the Magician....someone wanted these 3 people to stick out at the memorial...."hold my hand" is another piece of the puzzle.

Video theme....a person with no hands (requires prosthetics)...a disguise for what's not there, what's not real.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    TR's outfit from the actual memorial performance has not been confirmed.
  • Has anyone asked Teddy Riley where he was sitting at the Memorial? I don't have twitter or I would ask him, but it seems to me, his answer could clear up some of the discussion here.
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Apologies as I had started another thread on this and I had not seen that this one existed first. But what I was sort of shocked about is I just now noticed how the two hands joined look so much like a human heart. This has so many meanings for me, as in Michael's heart still beating maybe, and also that the two people holding hands to me look like 2 Michaels, which just drums home the twin theory more than ever IMO. Not really feeling any gay overtones to this but I'm feeling like there is something just strange with Latoya and Michael over the years. She started looking more and more like him as the years went by and I am certain they swapped places from time to time. Not sure why they would do this though. Latoya started looking not like the Latoya on the old Jacksons tv show at all. She changed more than Michael ever did. And it makes me wonder if Latoya is not who we should be trying to find out more about.
  • Every artist begins with a concept......a vision. I can only speak for myself and my personal interpretation of this artwork. But, for me it is an exciting piece...one that elicits great joy, hope and expectation.

Sometimes, I admit, that we can become so distracted by the details that we fail to see the whole pic. Step back, look again, and tell me what you really see? Can you see it now? If not, let your mind free and look with your heart rather than your eyes. It is there in plain sight---for everyone to see.

This image can be likened to an optical illusion. There are two darkened figures at the margins of the artwork clasping hands. However, do you see the image that is formed between the two?????? Yes, an image of a female is formed out of the space between the darkened figures and where the light is brightest---behind the clasped hands is the impregnated womb. The light of life. Life is growing within.....she (the figure) is clearly rotund. Do we dare wager when this impending birth will take place????

To me, this new life is what is most meaningful in the artwork. However, there are other elements within it that lend to its beauty and intrigue. If you look carefully at the interlocking arms/hands you will nearly go mad trying to decipher if the darkened figures are facing the light or stepping out of the light. Could that bear any significance to the meaning? I am not certain. The interlocking arms do create the letter "M" strategically over the umbilicus. This is quite meaningful, too, and draws the eye to the light which is brightest---the embryo/fetus.

A synergistic multi-dimensional energy is created when you combine the artwork with the lyrics and music of the single. The purity and wholesomeness of simply holding hands in friendship, or in demonstration of love, can be likened to the purity and innocence of a newborn babe. How sweet is that?

Now, how do you interpret that?
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    @michaelsupporter
    I have just read your intriguing interpretation of the Hold My Hand artwork. You have obviously got a very artistic streak, I would never have looked at it in the way you describe as a globe that could represent a pregnant uterus, but now that you have pointed it out - I can see it - poor observation on my part, especially as I have midwifery background, but "barbers are always bald" as they say.
    Also when you describe the strange effect of the darkened figures either stepping into the light or out of the light, it reminds me of the TMZ post about the Hold My Hand music video, where MJ is seemingly in a tunnel and when turned upside down you can see him walking either towards or away from the light

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=50&t=15963#p270541<!-- l -->

1122michaeljacksontunne.jpg
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Every artist begins with a concept......a vision. I can only speak for myself and my personal interpretation of this artwork. But, for me it is an exciting piece...one that elicits great joy, hope and expectation.

Sometimes, I admit, that we can become so distracted by the details that we fail to see the whole pic. Step back, look again, and tell me what you really see? Can you see it now? If not, let your mind free and look with your heart rather than your eyes. It is there in plain sight---for everyone to see.

This image can be likened to an optical illusion. There are two darkened figures at the margins of the artwork clasping hands. However, do you see the image that is formed between the two?????? Yes, an image of a female is formed out of the space between the darkened figures and where the light is brightest---behind the clasped hands is the impregnated womb. The light of life. Life is growing within.....she (the figure) is clearly rotund. Do we dare wager when this impending birth will take place????
    To me, this new life is what is most meaningful in the artwork. However, there are other elements within it that lend to its beauty and intrigue. If you look carefully at the interlocking arms/hands you will nearly go mad trying to decipher if the darkened figures are facing the light or stepping out of the light. Could that bear any significance to the meaning? I am not certain. The interlocking arms do create the letter "M" strategically over the umbilicus. This is quite meaningful, too, and draws the eye to the light which is brightest---the embryo/fetus.

A synergistic multi-dimensional energy is created when you combine the artwork with the lyrics and music of the single. The purity and wholesomeness of simply holding hands in friendship, or in demonstration of love, can be likened to the purity and innocence of a newborn babe. How sweet is that?

Now, how do you interpret that?[/color]

This got me thinking in a slightly different direction. See the V on top of the hands and the same shape in Da Vinci's painting?
    <!-- m -->http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http ... s%3Disch:1<!-- m -->
    Detail of the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci. As explained by Leigh Teabing to Sophie Neveu, the figure at the right hand of Jesus is not an apostle, but a woman, supposedly Mary Magdalene, who was actually his wife and pregnant with his child. The absence of a chalice is in the painting indicates that Da Vinci knew that Mary Magdalene was actually the Holy Grail (the bearer of Jesus' blood). This is reinforced by the letter "M" that is created the bodily positions of Jesus, Mary,and the male apostle upon who she is leaning.
  • Every artist begins with a concept......a vision. I can only speak for myself and my personal interpretation of this artwork. But, for me it is an exciting piece...one that elicits great joy, hope and expectation.

Now, how do you interpret that?

An exquisite interpretation @michaelsupporter!

Stepping in or out of the light, we shall hold on.

"Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold we hold each other till we see the sunlight."
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    @Bec
    thanks for posting this. I bet you must be from Europe or the USA. I will be discussing men's gestures in my country in brief. Here men can hug each other an even kiss each other without being called gay. Women do the same too. So it really astonishes me a lot when I see people in other countries criticize this behavior. I remember Micheal saying in several interviews that he loves children and and that he invites them to have some great time with him. In my country this is a very normal behavior, if the parents of these children accept the invitation. But sadly in Europe and the USA this behavior is odd an eccentric. If someone in my country kisses a child then he is called nice and a children lover. In the USA or Europe if someone kisses a child then he is called pedophile!!!!
    It makes me really sad when I see people in other countries jump very quickly to the wrong conclusions. So when I first heard the song "Hold my Hand" I felt sorry for Micheal. I just had the feeling that he needs support and love from the others because he was confronted with all that hate during his last years as the King of Pop. This song also reminds me of the song "Will you be there". Micheal needs love and support and he is crying out loud for everyone to hear that. But sadly people might get the message wrong again, as you described in your post. I never felt what you said because as I said I am not from Europe or from the USA and people in my country behave differently. But it makes me really sad when I feel that a cry for support and love could be understood that way. No wonder MJ left the USA.