Why are you here?

2»

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    I used to be a strong believer (and a member of this forum), but then I realized that what I'm looking for might not be there at all. I left the site, but with everything that was going on with the album made, it me come back - because this community is a force when it comes to seeking justice and truth.
    Glad you're back. We left the light on for you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Welcome Back Sanity (I just wanted to say that seems to be the motto of the day!) <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

• The short answer: I was called. Spiritually called to be here.

What I tell my friends: No body + No arrest = No death.

Longer version: I mourned hard, but couldn't reconcile the carelessness of a propofol induced sleep with MJ's love for God and his children. I could not reconcile the clarity of thought and vision he shared during interviews with Geraldo, Jesse Jackson, his speeches including at his 45th b-day - or the personal home videos that started to populate youtube, interviews with true friends, etc. with this image of a drug addicted, financially crushed, peter pan man/child who wasn't in touch with reality or in control of his life. His greatest legacy, his children, with their poise and self-awareness shattered that limp media image as well.

This cogntive dissonance wrestled me away from mourning to questions after questions about the "facts" surrounding his "death." So many coincidences and nothing added up. I started compiling hundreds of pages of material. Oh, and the O2 guy... and then I heard my inner voice say: "is Michael really dead?"
    I typed this question into the search engine imagining that I would read essays from mourners who asked the same questions without any substantial answers except how to get through our grief. I remember that it was a very surreal, out-of-body feeling I had when I typed that question into my search engine almost like I hadn't plan to type it in. I'm sure I did not think I'd be lead to a hoax site, (the site before this one.)

And, the rest is our ongoing, complicated, wonderfully adventurous HIStory...

What a ride that has very fundamentally and unspeakably changed my life.
  • As many others have said, I too just had a "feeling" that something was not quite right with the Memorial and all the videos in those first days/weeks..a lot of people expressed the same thing at the time..and then more and more information poured onto the web, with what seemed like "clues" and "leads" and "misdirections" from all angles. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> .People who all seemed connected somehow with MJ..TV presenters, relatives,friends, photographers,lawyers,film makers, entertainers,musicians etc.. and the list goes on...and I found myself feeling uneasy and really wanting to research further and further to get to the truth, one way or another, for as long as it would take. It has been 17 months now and I feel that he is still around, somewhere. I have seen hours of youtube and have read pages of text and descriptions. I will continue to research, and I feel that 2011 will be very interesting ,e.g. Cirque du Soleil and music releases in the works, as well as all the games and entertainment items. I still don't know much really.. and I still have respect, and admiration for that caring,gifted man.. and my wish for him is as it always has been . Happiness, Health, Peace and Love. He has given his all to us.
  • SanitySanity Posts: 81
    I used to be a strong believer (and a member of this forum), but then I realized that what I'm looking for might not be there at all. I left the site, but with everything that was going on with the album made, it me come back - because this community is a force when it comes to seeking justice and truth.
    Glad you're back. We left the light on for you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'm happy to be back, because, to be honest, I needed all of you. I depend on this forum now. xD When I read all those rumors, it drives me crazy, so I come here to find out what's really going on!
  • June 24 I actually fell asleep watching the "Live From Bucarest" DVD.
    I was woke up by my phone going crazy.
    All my friends and (especially) my family know I'm a life long MJ fan. So everyone was calling me to ask if I'd heard the news.
    I never talk on the phone after I first wake up so I ignored the calls and turned on the TV. I started flipping through the channels and surfed pass CNN which had the headline "Michael Jackson Dead at 50". Side note: I work nights so I sleep late.
    I had to flip back real quick because I thought for sure it said something else because I only saw it for a second. When I actually saw it my first thought was that it was a mistake and they would say any minute that he was actually all right.
    When that didn't happen, and the coverage continued I accepted it. I admit that I cried for a good while.

When I was a new born baby the most effective way for my parents to calm me down was to put on the Thriller record. I've been a MJ fan since the earliest part of my life. I've never turned my back on him, and I love most of his music. And somewhere around middle school I started liking more rock and heavy metal type music, but MJ was always constant. He's probably one of only 3 pop artists I've ever cared for.

I remember actually thinking several years ago that I expected MJ to fake his death one day. I thought it would be the only way he could effectively retire.
    I never considered myself just a fan of the music, I love every aspect that is Michael Jackson. He's a great, caring person and just generally always wants to do good. And he's immensely talented and educated.

I've followed MJ very closely all my life and always felt a connection to him.
    So the whole "death" just never felt right to me.
    I remember it wasn't long after the death that the hoax theories started to hit the web. I dont remember exact dates, but I was glued to all of it.
    A lot of theories seem far fetched to me, but a lot of stuff really makes sense.

First of all, like I said, I've always felt he would eventually fake his death.
    Second, The EMT response to his house where he was supposedly going into cardiac arrest didn't seem like a big deal. It was very casual. And when I saw the footage I expected to see a mob of paparazzi, but it was just a couple of dudes. Who I now believe, like many others, that they work for MJ.

Third, 50 dates at the new 02 arena after so many reports had been coming out about his bad health?
    I think the plan was to never do those shows. They were used as a diversion. He booked those shows to make it seem like he was making another come back, it seemed like Michael REALLY wanted to do these shows and make them good. So surely he wouldn't fake his death just to get out of the shows? Surely he's really dead. It's tragic.

Fourth, the 911 call, the memorial, the funeral, the amount of time it took for everything to happen.
    Dave Dave made me think but I'm still not convinced he was Michael. The similarities are eerie but I'm skeptical.

Also the family seems very casual about everything, especially Joe. Even though I also believe that Joe is a soulless shell of a human being incapable of normal emotion.

There are many things that I don't get on board with, and many of them just seem like people not using common sense.
    But again I see just as many theories and pieces that really make me think.
    And I've said it a million times but if any celebrity ever had the money and resources to fake their death (and the motive) it's Michael Jackson.
  • In my part of the world it was early in the morning on Friday, June 26. I was getting ready for work when I heard the news and I believed it. That day I never questioned if it was true. I felt so devastated my brain simply refused to work. But in the evening while watching the statement of a police officer of some kind, I started to suspect something wrong is going on. He said something like “blood testing is going to take four to six weeks” “the doctor is not a suspect, he’s only a witness” “we do not investigate murder”. So they already knew the cause of death to be an overdose BEFORE the blood tests. They knew it was not a murder BEFORE the end of the investigation. That was so unprofessional.
    That convinced me we are not told the truth. I must confess I suspected them in trying to cover up a murder plot and because of that I started to “investigate”.
    What convinced me MJ is still alive was the Memorial; the lack of emotion, the yellow ties, the diamond gloves … As I never lived in USA I didn’t know what people are supposed to wear on an occasion like this (in my country yellow tie on a funeral is unacceptable), so I started to ask my friends who lived for years in Illinois – Is it usual to tell jokes on a funeral? Is it usual to … the list goes on. As many others I came to this forum by chance, while searching the net for “clues”.
    I registered here to show my support for MJ and his army of beLIEvers. I follow closely everything that is going on here, preferring to stay silent because of my bad English. I never left and I intend to stay until the end of this journey, silent but strong with my devotion and love for MJ.
    I am also trying to contribute to the Cause (with little success I’m afraid) by translating in my language and posting on the local fansite for those less educated in English than myself (I can imagine everyone laughing at that statement, but believe me, there are such people.) Ignorance is such a cage, I can see that every time I try to express myself in a foreign language…
    I can only hope you’ll understand my words.

With Love and Friendship to all fellow beLIEvers
    MyNameIsLegion
  • I'm here because I simply don't believe the common perception of Michael; that he's a naive, helpless little guy who couldn't take action if he felt like it. And so, I don't believe he was capable of being tricked or lured into something by Sony, AEG, anyone. I feel he is much, much stronger. Much more powerful than the media plays him out to be. Then again, I don't think he's an evil, pshyco maniac either. I feel he's gentle on the outside, but has a tougher core to him.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I'm here because I simply don't believe the common perception of Michael; that he's a naive, helpless little guy who couldn't take action if he felt like it. And so, I don't believe he was capable of being tricked or lured into something by Sony, AEG, anyone. I feel he is much, much stronger. Much more powerful than the media plays him out to be. Then again, I don't think he's an evil, pshyco maniac either. I feel he's gentle on the outside, but has a tougher core to him.

I like your answer <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> welcome to the forum. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Thank you MJFAN7 <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->