Katherine Jackson versus AEG set for trial 9-10-2012

Comments

• [size=14pt]Jackson Family vs. AEG Live trial beings, what can you expect?[/size]<br />WRITTEN BY: LMJ ADMIN ON APRIL 2, 2013 NO COMMENT<br /><br />20130402-225959.jpg<br /><br />Four years after Michael Jackson’s death, jury selection began on Tuesday (April 2) in the wrongful death suit
 filed by Michael’s family against concert promoter AEG Live.<br />While the Jacksons claim that the company behind the planned 50-date ‘This Is It’ show in London should be held responsible for his death on June 25, 2009, AEG is expected to argue that Michael Jackson was to blame for his passing at age 50.<br /><br />Jackson family claims:<br /><br />*AEG Live is to blame for hiring Conrad Murray who killed Michael with a Propofol lethal dose<br />*Judge determined that lawyers for the estate provided enough evidence that AEG was negligent in hiring Murray<br />*AEG shouldhave known Murray used dangerous combinations of prescription drugs<br />*e-mail sent by AEG’s co-CEO 11 days before Michael died, “We want to remind (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary,” read the e-mail. “We want to remind him what is expected of him.”<br />*financial compensation for what MJ could have earned the rest of his life<br />*AEG traded on Murray’s fear of losing his lucrative job and pressured him to do whatever it took to get Michael ready for the concerts.<br />In rejecting AEG Live’s earlier attempt to have the suit thrown out, the judge in the case said she agree with the Jackson lawyers that AEG Live didn’t do a sufficient enough background check on Murray, which would have revealed that he was deeply in debt.<br /><br />“There is a triable issue of fact as to whether it was foreseeable that such a physician under strong financial pressure may compromise his Hippocratic Oath and do what was known by AEG Live’s executives to be an unfortunate practice in the entertainment industry for financial gain,” the judge wrote.<br /><br /> <br />AEG Live’s defense:<br /><br />*It was Michael Jackson who hired Murray, not AEG.<br />*MJ paid Murray’s bills for nearly four years.<br />*Michael had a long history of erratic behavior.<br />*AEG is expected to paint a picture of chronic drug use.<br />*AEG lawyer Marvin Putnam: “I don’t know how you can’t look to Mr. Jackson’s responsibility there,” … “He was a grown man … Mr. Jackson is a person who was known to doctor shop. He was known to be someone who would tell one doctor one thing and another doctor something else.”<br />*Murray only signed with AEG the night before Michael’s death, AEG executives never signed the contract.<br />Before jury selection began on Tuesday morning, the judge in the case was scheduled to hear arguments to allow TV cameras in the courtroom. Murray, who is serving a four year jail term, has said he might invoke his Fifth Amendment right to avoid answering questions in the wrongful death suit. But Putnam noted that in an interview with police two days after Michael’s death Murray said he was Jackson’s employee, not AEG’s, even though the promoter was expected to cut paychecks equaling $150,000 a month.<br /><br />Putnam said he learned during the discovery process that Jackson was personally paying Murray during the last two months of his life, a claim that Jackson’s lawyers declined to comment on. He also said that the so-called “smoking gun”
 email from Gongaware was no such thing because a doctor’s Hippocratic Oath would not allow him to do anything that might harm his patient.<br /><br />http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/news/jackson-family-vs-aeg-live-trial-beings-what-can-you-expect/?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+LegendaryMichaelJackson+(Legendary+Michael+Jackson+Fan+Associ
  • Sharon Osborne said she had had conversations with certain people in AEG that told her they knew he wasn't well, but were going to press forward anyway with putting the tour on. Then she said if the Jackson's wanted, she'd come forward to tell them who it was that told her that.Really ?  :icon_question: ???<br /><br />
    <br /><br />It's funny how Sharon didn't bring that up when michael died  :LolLolLolLol:..<br />
  • Wooooo go Sharon! & Thank you for standing up for our Michael  :)
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Sharon has to be in the list of witnesses
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    The whole cast    :icon_razz:<br /><br /><br />http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/01/showbiz/jackson-death-trial       
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Everyone is talking about Randy Philips and  Paul Gongaware of AEG.  I have a question.......<br />from things that I have been reading, Philip Anschutz, was the one that truly partnered with Michael. <br />He is the owner of AEG........Anschutz Entertainment Group.  He hasn't really been mentioned too much.  <br />I understand the divisions of AEG and all.......but, if it came down to Michael and him forming the <br />concerts, why hasn't anyone brought him up?  I would think he'd also be a major player in this.......not just <br />the executives.  Isn't it odd that he is on the potential witness list for Miss Katherine....not AEG?  <br /><br /><br /><br />
  • [size=14pt]Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley on Witness List in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial[/size]<br /><br />April 04, 2013 06:29:26 GMT<br /><br />diana-ross-and-lisa-marie-presley-on-witness-list-in-michael-jackson-wrongful-death-trial.jpg<br /><br />Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley are expected to make appearances in Michael Jackson wrongful death trial that pits the famous family with giant concert promoter AEG Live. According to ET, Diana who was a close friend of Michael's and Lisa who was once married to the late singer are on the witness list. <br /><br />Producer Quincy Jones who frequently worked with the King of Pop on his albums including 1987's "Bad", and filmmaker Spike Lee who helped put together a 2012 documentary film about the 25th anniversary of the monster album are on the witness list as well along with Katherine Jackson, Paris, Prince and Blanket. <br /><br />Michael's mother Katherine and his children filed a lawsuit against AEG Live in September 2010. The family sued the promoter over the hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the King of Pop's untimely death. They're seeking a reported $40 billion for loss of future earnings and other damages. <br /><br />In a pre-trial, judge said the defendants were allowed to revisit Michael's dark past in the sex abuse case, where MJ was acquitted on all counts, as it might be relevant to the late singer's history of drug abuse and despondency. Jury selections started Tuesday, April 2. <br /><br />http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00059206.html
  • Looking at the witnesses and why they were chosen, is slowly leading me to believe that Jordy will testify in this trial. Think about it, if this is the home stretch in the hoax and this trial is to do with the hoax and if this trial will bring up the molestation trial, well then who better to bring up the past history of MJ's trials then Jordy. This case seems to me that it's heading in a way that will put MJ on trial...on trial to CLEAR HIS NAME. <br /><br />I'm sure this trial promises to be explosive just by looking at the way it's all heading. Lol, if we thought Murray's trial was the beginning, or the most thrilling trial ever, just wait for this one to step into court.<br />This isn't just a trial, its a goddamn circus.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    If we hear from Jordy the prophecy will be complete.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Today's news!<br />http://www.masala.com/13250-jordy-chander-denies-jackson-sex-abuse<br /><br />Still doesn't explain why Evan did this; he is only the "finger of a hand", people who wanted him to destroy Michael. Why a similar situation happened in 2003 with a different 'poor' family, why Bashir, Sneddon, and the media (much under Rupert Murdock) rallied together as one, determined to 'crucify' Michael no matter the cost or time involvement.  This confession only opens the door to more important questions. This "could be the end...It isn't. It's the beginning."
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    It’s interesting that all the people who were conveniently absent during Michael’s tribulations are coming together for this trial.  It feels like vindication!
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    ^^^ I'm confused - why is that article dated today yet the comments below it go back to 2009??
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I can't seem to shake the feeling that one goal, was to get AEG on trial.  However, at first I was thinking because maybe they had ties to the allegations....negatively.  Now I am not so sure.  I also think it's odd that it's always Randy and Paul talked about...the heads.  But they are not the owners of AEG.....Philip Anschutz is.  I think there is way more to this guy and Michael.  Like AEG...I had first thought it was negative.  Now, not so sure........read up on this article here.  He seemed to be a film visionary as well:<br /><br />http://observer.com/2001/03/new-movie-tycoon-philip-anschutz-wants-to-make-celluloid-obsolete/<br /><br />Just how much of a visionary is he........<br />if, back in 2001 he was talked about as wanting to reinvent the film industry, wouldn't Michael have wanted to meet with him?  <br />If he's such powerhouse, media mogul type.......I can imagine Michael being very interested in talking to him.  <br />Did they organize this adventure together.....in part to help clear Michael's good name?  If it was the goal to get AEG on trial, and all these<br />witnesses might come forth with new things/revelations about the allegations.....it could work very well.  <br />I wonder where the 4 years fits in?  Was that the timeframe they gave themselves, or is there some sort of legal aspect?  <br />Hummmmmm...have to read more on that one.......<br />I can't help but think we are starting to see the fingers of this very big hand.....who knew what....and when.  Is Sony the target......did Michael<br />outsmart them?  I hope so..........I almost don't want to talk about it here.  Prying eyes and all..............<br /><br />Blessings Always<br />
  • mindseyemindseye Posts: 980
    on 1365190275:
    <br />^^^ I'm confused - why is that article dated today yet the comments below it go back to 2009??<br />
    <br /><br />Because it's an old story published Sunday, 05 July 2009<br /><br />
    on 1365190096:
    <br />It’s interesting that all the people who were conveniently absent during Michael’s tribulations are coming together for this trial.  It feels like vindication!<br />
    <br /><br />It does feel like that, and rewinding back to CNN's first footage of MJ rehearsals 'They don't care about us' - now it looks to me like he's the rounding up of the troops, MJ wants everyone there to be part of this show, plus more publicity. I hope Jordy or someone close to him will talk soon. <br /><br />
    on 1365099142:
    <br />Everyone is talking about Randy Philips and  Paul Gongaware of AEG.  I have a question.......<br />from things that I have been reading, Philip Anschutz, was the one that truly partnered with Michael. <br />He is the owner of AEG........Anschutz Entertainment Group.  He hasn't really been mentioned too much.  <br />I understand the divisions of AEG and all.......but, if it came down to Michael and him forming the <br />concerts, why hasn't anyone brought him up?  I would think he'd also be a major player in this.......not just <br />the executives.  Isn't it odd that he is on the potential witness list for Miss Katherine....not AEG?  <br />
    <br /><br />Good point. Interesting and strange.  <br />wishingstar... so true! Now I see how AEG could be in this hoax.  Philip Anschutz must have known something to be part of the hoax.  :icon_question: :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />Just reflecting back...<br /><br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    on 1365190275:
    <br />^^^ I'm confused - why is that article dated today yet the comments below it go back to 2009??<br />
    <br /><br /><br />The article was originally written in July 2009, which makes sense timeframe-wise because that's when I remember hearing this news, although it certainly wasn't making headlines... So that website either re-posted it today or it just has the current date at the top.
  • For those that might have any doubt about who hired Doctor CM, Michael or AEG, here Randy Philips says it very clear ➜ AEG hired CM , WOW we are on the right track  :woohoo2:<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    Thanks Sweet! Clear video!<br /><br />Andrea and Curls, I’m thinking maybe like ‘bumping’ an article they want to get people’s attention, that maybe got missed the first time.<br /><br />Wish, I agree with you.  SOTT said ‘this’ time, he (MJ) has gotten powerful friends on his side.  Philip Anschutz is pershaps one, some others in the middle east, and more.<br />Randy Phillips has IMO said several very hoax things (not in the above video).
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1365236769:
    <br /><br />Wish, I agree with you.  [size=14pt]SOTT said ‘this’ time, he (MJ) has gotten powerful friends on his side.  Philip Anschutz is pershaps one, some others in the middle east, and more.<br />Randy Phillips has IMO said several very hoax things[/size] (not in the above video).<br />
    <br /><br />Agree.....SOTT said something along the lines of Michael having Corporate backing this time around - all the SOTT quotes below are from here where they have been archived:  http://truenewszone.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/sott-lttw-archive-2002/<br /><br />
    Michael may be made to look stupid, and sometimes he plays along or promotes that notion… but its all done with agenda. Spend some time with Michael, in a business environment, and soon you see that the man is cunning, and his persona is meant to decieve the people that he needs to take to the cleaners… Michael knows what he’s doing. He knows the game. He knows who he’s playing and how he must play. Sony may be taking his pawns, but in the end, the black King will reign, and checkmate will be called on the corporate powers that be.
    <br /><br /><br />
    [size=12pt]Ever heard of Enron[/size]?<br /><br />Remember that question, because there is more to the tale of Sony Vs. MJ than you have been led to believe. The corporate suits have much more to lose than Michael Jackson leaving. Much more. They have done some deeds, and Michael can make them pay the price. Trust me on that one. I’m not talking about wrongdoings to Michael, Mariah, or George Michael. I’m talking about things far more serious. Wait and see.
    <br /><br />
    I just wish I could spill everything to you guys, but I can’t….its going to get hot in herre, and its not Nelly who’s ass will be on fire. If, with corporate backing, Michael can supersede the political and legal crap, Sony will be exposed… and there will be more than just firings. Their wrongdoings, I have been told in detail, are very very very serious. [size=12pt]Michael knows too much. Michael has corporate backing. Sony’s corporate suits are trembling as they try to destroy Mike Jack[/size].
    <br /><br />
    Let’s just say that Michael’s original attempt was foiled, because corporate money and power is too much for any individual, including Michael Jackson. But Michael is far from stupid. He has aligned himself with a big unit, and I’m neither talking about Fayed, Cochran, or Sharpton. Michael has been trying to relaunch what he failed to accomplish in attempt one. [size=12pt]But this time, he has corporate backing[/size]… believe me when I tell you, Sony shook the first time Michael tried, and undertook initiatives to have it blocked, and Michael’s attempt originally got lost and blocked in legalities and corporate politics.
    <br /><br />
    Music is not Michael’s concern right now… he has responsibilities to his people, to his stake in Sony Publishing. That has a billion dollar price tag, and he has a responsibity. Remember, Michael may own half of Sony’s publishing, but the business aspects are all taken care of by Sony. Lets just say that Michael wasn’t sleeping when Sony thought he was asleep.<br /><br />AT THIS POINT, FANS SHOULD DO NOTHING. JUST, STAY AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE FANBASE, AND WELCOME THE KING OF POP WHEN MUSIC IS AGAIN HIS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.<br />Right now, just [size=12pt]hang in there[/size].
    <br /><br />Just as Paris told us to do in her Pink Floyd t-shirt picture and writing on the wall (mirror) "hang in there"<br /><br />In fact re-reading those SOTT posts, in light of the AEG stuff coming out, yet again makes me wonder WTF is/was really going on. If SOTT really was an insider on MJ's side or even MJ himself...then what exactly did MJ uncover - or know?!<br /><br />Interesting to go back and re-read them in light of this trial and I wonder really if it is in fact AEG who are the "baddies" .....thinking of these posts by SOTT, maybe they aren't.......  http://truenewszone.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/sott-lttw-archive-2002/<br /><br />Maybe AEG *IS* the Corporate backing!?
  • Thanks Adi good exposure, "HANG IN THERE = SLOTH" check Paris' twitter  :icon_lol:<br /><br />So finally AEG trial will not be televised:<br /><br />Judge: No cameras in Michael Jackson death trial<br />By Alan Duke, CNN<br />April 6, 2013 -- Updated 0140 GMT (0940 HKT)<br /><br />This caught my attention:<br /><br />[size=14pt]Jackson lawyers argued in favor of having a camera in court, saying it would be the best way for the world to see justice done[/size].<br /><br />http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showbiz/jackson-death-trial-camera/?hpt=en_c2<br /><br />ps: have you noticed Michael wearing a bulletproof vest during his concert in the pic on the above link??  :affraid:
  • ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />Jury pool has 74 people now. If juror 7 gets dismissed, it will be 73.<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />Another woman told the judge she had an emergency at her house, with cops present, and was immediately excused.<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />We started the day with 76 jurors in the pool. A woman with medical appointments coming up and with strong opinions against MJ was dismissed<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />There's indication juror 7 will be dismissed and new one will take his place. We're on stand by.<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />Judge and attorneys now talking to juror 7 in private. All the other jurors have been excused until after lunch break.<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />Juror 7 said he's not ashamed of discussing his issues, but believes the jurors deserve an apology for attorneys digging into their lives<br /><br /> ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4h<br />Juror 7 expressed frustration for all the probative questions in the questionnaire and personally. He said this is beyond civic jury<br /><br />Who is Juror 7  :icon_question: :icon_exclaim:<br />
  • Who is Juror 7  :icon_question: :icon_exclaim:<br /><br />Verrry interesting indeed......  And it is a "he", he sure isn't afraid to speak up his mind.  I agree with his statements. 
    No. 7 sings, "I need my privacy, I need my privacy..."<br />And how come the woman juror doesn't get a number?
  • Good observation MJonmind.  It's so uncanny how the number 7 is given special attention over and over again.  But then again it could just be a coincidence.......
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    A big to-do over juror 7 isn't a coincidence anymore then reducing the juror pool to 77 was.