Easter / April 5th & Murray

2»

Comments

• Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    in sweden we have 5 days of easter thursday to monday
  • Yes, we too keep an ''extra'' holiday for "easter monday". I believe this day does not have any significant biblical meaning though some culures chruches celebrate this day.
    This second day is suppose to be the day that the two disciples on their way to Emmaus meet the Resurrected Jesus - whom they at first do not regocnize.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+24%3A13-35&version=NIV

Luke 24:13-35 (New International Version)

On the Road to Emmaus
    13Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16but they were kept from recognizing him.
    17He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?"

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"

19"What things?" he asked.

"About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."

25He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" 27And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

28As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther. 29But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them.

30When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

33They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon." 35Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    maybe the connection with easter , murray and mj and TS and TIAI is the new news about mj's heart starting to beat for a few minutes at the hospital.
    easter = resurrection

Michael Jackson 'was resuscitated after cardiac arrest'

Michael Jackson was resuscitated by doctors an hour after he suffered the cardiac arrest which led to his death, according to the King of Pop's father Joe Jackson.

The ‘Thriller’ superstar's heart stopped after he was allegedly given a dose of powerful anaesthetic Propofol by his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray last June.

The medic has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter after Los Angeles prosecutors charged him with administering the drug to the singer.

Joe Jackson wants Murray held to account for medical malpractice and his lawyer Brian Oxman revealed last week that he was preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the doctor on behalf of the family patriarch.

In the legal documents, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by Britain's News of the World tabloid, it is alleged that Jackson was revived for 10 minutes after being admitted to the UCLA hospital on 25 June.

The papers state, "At 13:21 hours or 1:21pm, the nurses and physicians at UCLA detected a weak femoral pulse and cardiac activity for Michael Jackson. At 13:22 hours he showed cardiac activity. At 13.33 he showed a weak ventricular rhythm (contracting of the lower heart chambers).

"Dr Richelle Cooper (head of the UCLA Medical Centre Emergency Department) reported that when Michael Jackson was intubated with an endotrachial tube he had good breath sounds and, 'The initial cardiac rhythm appeared to be wide and slow in the 40s.' At 13.52 or 1.52pm he had a pulse of 53 beats per minute...

"Despite these efforts, Michael Jackson did not regain a spontaneous pulse or heartbeat. Michael was pronounced dead at 2:26pm."

In the suit, Oxman alleges Murray lied to the doctors treating Jackson about the drugs the singer had been taking, and failed to mention the use of Propofol, a claim backed up by Cooper's report of the hospitalisation.

Her account states: "By report of Dr Murray the patient had been working long hours but had not been ill. The only medications reported were Valium and Flomax. There is no history of drug use by the patient as reported by Dr Murray."

Joe Jackson is convinced the medical timeline leading up to his son's death is enough to prove Murray was responsible for the superstar's passing.

He says, "This evidence is damning. They should lock him up and throw away the key. It's disgusting what happened here."

Jackson Sr. is seeking an unspecified amount of punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium.

Murray has 90 days to respond to the lawsuit.

WENN.com
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    I live in the best country of the world <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Here in France we have 2 weeks of Easter Holidays (for school and students) <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Sorry, I live in the best country of the world <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    5 days of official holidays,
    1 week vacation (if you take it or depending on the zone)
    8 days of celebrations,
    12 days of school holidays.

Spain is different <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I don´t know if someone win us about celebrations,
    for the best and for the worst.

Don´t feel sad Cameron, I´d like to have your social coberture!

But monday 5 is laboral day.

Oh ! Yeah ! Spain !
    Yes, we have social coberture, but you have GOOD WEATHER !
  • Cameron I love your country, my neighbour! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This second day is suppose to be the day that the two disciples on their way to Emmaus meet the Resurrected Jesus - whom they at first do not regocnize.

Nice parallel: the believers are about to meet the one MJ they at first do not recognize.
  • WeAreOneWeAreOne Posts: 55
    Easter is on the 4th which is a Sunday.

Is it just 1 day in the America?

Here in Holland we have two Easter days, just like with Christmas. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

ooh!! I see. We celebrate it just on that sunday.
  • Wow the courts are open on Easter monday?
    Where I live everywhere closes down until about Wednesday. That's odd.

Wow till wednesday? I should live in Ireland <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

So, Eastern is just for 1 day in America? Only on sunday?
    Cause I still find it a strange date for the trail.

I live in Ireland and i'm off Friday (Good Friday) and Easter Monday but back to work Tuesday everything apart from schools and College/University return on Tuesday.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Why does your culture celebrate Easter after the resurrection? Or is that not how that is told there?

Most people in Holland don't even celebrate easter, but we have very few national holidays here, that is why they created easter Monday, pentecost Monday and and extra christmas day. We call it 2e Paasdag, 2e Pinksterdag and 2e Kerstdag, in the UK they call the extra Christmas day Boxing day, not sure what the name is for the extra easterday and pentecost day.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    Cameron I love your country, my neighbour! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I love it too
    France my country the best lol

I love it too

And the most modest <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • So on Monday the courts will be open...bummer <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    So on Monday the courts will be open...bummer <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

But it doesn't has to be bad for us....who knows what will happen..IF it will happen
  • This second day is suppose to be the day that the two disciples on their way to Emmaus meet the Resurrected Jesus - whom they at first do not regocnize.

Nice parallel: the believers are about to meet the one MJ they at first do not recognize.

I know! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> That would be so cool! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I love it too

And the most modest <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I don't understand what you mean <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387

...oh jesus <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

oops, i mean, oh wow.
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    sorry folks, california's open. i'm working easter sunday and i have a class on monday. US sucks <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

At least you guys got nice weather <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    yeah i am jealous!
    Don't be jealous! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    This morning it was like 100 degrees, then it rained at lunch, then it was super cold and breezy the rest of the day! We have the most confusing weather! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    I failed to mention this little tidbit. Although unrelated in a religion sense, the children get a "Spring Break" here which is normally revolved around the time Easter hits. They give them a week break from school. It doesn't effect any businesses or government, just the school.
  • I heard of Easter monday before...
  • In france we have easter on sunday and we have "Easter Monday" free. Everything is closed, or maybe you can find bakery or food shops opened in the morning so you can have things to prepare the family lunch. But after 12h almost everything is closed. And no one is working in town or in governments offices.

Friday before Easter is not free, it is important for catholic people, but there is nothing about it to be done by the government.

Anyway, for me it's free time everyday, so I don't really matter <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

PS : I guess "Easter Monday" was created so you have time to clean all chocolate your kids have been vomiting all night long ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • PS : I guess "Easter Monday" was created so you have time to clean all chocolate your kids have been vomiting all night long ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Monday<!-- m -->
  • sorry folks, california's open. i'm working easter sunday and i have a class on monday. US sucks <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

At least you guys got nice weather <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    yeah i am jealous!
    Don't be jealous! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    This morning it was like 100 degrees, then it rained at lunch, then it was super cold and breezy the rest of the day! We have the most confusing weather! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Sounds like the typical Dutch weather <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->