The Shocking Truth About Public Schools

Comments

• Coincidence? Just came upon this vid from Megan Fox

<!-- m -->http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7d5ec0 ... r-teachers<!-- m -->
    [youtube:1x7zmfuh]
  • How can we change school? While this evil government this evil system is in the world who is pulling the strings and yes even on the things we learn in school. If we speak out in school about the truth we are labeled as nuts for sure. And the evil system would not allow someone or a teacher to teach the truth to children because children should be kept dumbed down if they are not they will find out the truth and that is what the Illuminati wants they don't want us to find the truth. But that is not what I want, I wish I could teach children in school about the truth but they would never allow that.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Okay so now I'm being disrespectful and insulting? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Oh yeah make me the bad person here. I was only stating my opinion. I'm not attacking SCHOOLS I do not agree with the purpose of the schools and why they were INVENTED!

I am very saddened to hear that you think these things. Schools have changed (and saved) so many lives for the better.

It is very easy to dislike what one does have.
    It is very easy to admire and wish what one doesn't have.
    It is very hard to appreciate the chance for the better in what one does have.
    It is very hard to start change.

There are billions of kids on this planet who wished they had a school.
    There are billions of kids on this planet who wished they had not to work for a piece of bread instead.
    There are billions of wasted talents that die as uneducated as they were born.

You better know how to calculate to be able to compare prizes when buying your bread.
    You better know how to read and write to be able to not be tricked.
    There are billions of unfortunate persons on this planet who do not know how to calculate, read or write.

Most of those who have dropped out of school do regret this later.
    I hope you find a way out of your anger because you are one of the fortunate.
  • Thank you, Grace.

I've spend my whole life dedicated to education and improving schools around the world. And I have watched so many lives transform for the better because of them. No, they are not perfect, but you hit the nail one the head: It's easy to take for granted the things you DO have.

I'll say again what I said in my previous post:
    If you are not helping to change schools, you are also part of the problem.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
  • I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.
  • nynyronynyro Posts: 296
    I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.

Thank you. I don't think the other posters understand what you're trying to say.
  • I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.

I hear what you are saying, but people do have the power to change the books that are read. Curriculum committees are created specifically for that reason. (I have been personally been involved in that process.) Many schools (across the US anyway) are designed for the schools to have local control in regards to curriculum selection and the books that are chosen for the subject areas.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I was not talking about MATH or other things in school that we learn yes that are things that we need I was talking about the TRUTH and HISTORY BOOKS. That is what I meant and that is what my whole point was of this thread but I see that this is heading somewhere else now. I've never said that school is bad and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, the thing I meant is that not all things in school are good and that most of it is degrading us. It's not all truth! But I don't understand why I'm even bothering to repeat myself over and over again while you don't get it. This is the last time I said this.

I did get you quite well. I also understand you to some extent.
    I was fortunate enough to have had a history teacher who was very young and not following the schoolbooks. We learned our planned topics. But not the way it was in the books.
    We did discuss back and forth.
    What I took from this teacher to my life as most valuable learning was not that in this year this and that happened but the discussion culture.
    I was fortunate.

But there is always a better alternative to quitting.

Why don't you start a project on some historic event in your class?
    5 groups and 5 topics with different focus on the same event.
    3 weeks time to work on it.
    Every group has 30 min. of presentation and an hour of discussion following.
    Take all the sources you feel that are not welcome or used in school.
    Present your results.
    Do you think you will be bashed for it?
    I bet no.

Be the change. You are fortunate.

I definitely got what you said the first time. Learning is very important. My family was always about education; my late Dad was always into learning, my uncle in New York, my aunt here and my other uncle in Arkansas for example. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

I definitely got what you said the first time. Learning is very important. My family was always about education; my late Dad was always into learning, my uncle in New York, my aunt here and my other uncle in Arkansas for example. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

I'm glad you got it, but I just like to say that I respect everyones opinions. Sorry if I came over as a little harsh I didn't meant that but I'm not feeling so well today, so sorry. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • The most disturbing thing about public schools are the history books. They're full of lies (not everything) and all kids have to learn those lies and take them for truth.
  • The most disturbing thing about public schools are the history books. They're full of lies (not everything) and all kids have to learn those lies and take them for truth.

That is what I meant. Thank you. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

And thank you for your post. I've noticed that you have an interesting view on some topics like the illuminati and nwo. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

And thank you for your post. I've noticed that you have an interesting view on some topics like the illuminati and nwo. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Awwww thank you, And you have some interesting posts about the Illuminati and NWO as well. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    You know, Michael himself even said that the history books are a lie.

Awwww thank you, And you have some interesting posts about the Illuminati and NWO as well. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Thanks! (again <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> )
    It really surprised me to find a lot of people here that share the same view on illuminati and NWO as I do.
    Cause most of the time when I tell people about it, they look at me like I'm crazy. You know how many times I get to see this look: <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> . LOL

Thanks! (again <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> )
    It really surprised me to find a lot of people here that share the same view on illuminati and NWO as I do.
    Cause most of the time when I tell people about it, they look at me like I'm crazy. You know how many times I get to see this look: <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> . LOL

I know what you mean, or this look <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> and then after that you get this <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> and then I go <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.
  • NightOwlNightOwl Posts: 150
    Thanks for the video, MJLover1990. It was thought provoking. A very eloquent young man.

I graduated from high school in '88 and I gotta say, I haven't needed all that mathematic xyz = yzx that I had to take, not once.
    What kids should be taught at school is a) finance - how to use money when you start making it. Learn about intrest, debt.. all that overspending is a sign of not having a clue b) law - for example, to know your rights as an employee when entering working life c) cooking - some eat only highly manufactured meals.. obesety, diabetes d) critical thinking

But no they're not taught - I am now cynical - because to a) they want you in debt and consume, consume, consume (we're not even "people" anymore, we are "consumers") b) they want the skin off your back c) so they can sell you that more expensive and less nutritious crap d) they don't want you to question anything.
    They = the system, or call it what you like (elite etc).
  • I know what you mean, or this look <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> and then after that you get this <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> and then I go <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.

And some of them give me this look: <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.
    And some others the "I already knew that <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->"-look.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.
  • I know what you mean, or this look <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> and then after that you get this <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> and then I go <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> Thank god more and more people are becoming awakened on here as well so you're at the right place.

And some of them give me this look: <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> . Especially after they did their own research hahaha.

Sometimes I can't believe the lack of interest people show about the world around them.

@NightOwl, Great post. I agree with you, people are getting raised with consumption.

Exactly, it's like they don't care but then in a selfish way. I always wanted peace but I didn't knew how and now I know we can do all this together. But we can't do it if we sit on the couch watching mind controlling television. Most people like to stay in their ''comfort zone'' The I don't care attitude. Or the there will never be peace so why bother attitude. It makes me so upset. And it's frustrating because all the answers are right in front of their noses. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Exactly, it's like they don't care but then in a selfish way. I always wanted peace but I didn't knew how and now I know we can do all this together. But we can't do it if we sit on the couch watching mind controlling television. Most people like to stay in their ''comfort zone'' The I don't care attitude. Or the there will never be peace so why bother attitude. It makes me so upset. And it's frustrating because all the answers are right in front of their noses. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

It's like when children get scared of the sound of the vacuumcleaner for example; they cover their eyes so the 'scary vacuumcleaner won't see them' because they can't see it. The same thing with people that don't want to know the truth aboutthe world they live in. If they can't see it, everything is ok.

Ok this is something different but this it the first time I see the Dutch word for vacuumcleaner a bit as a strange word; stofzuiger = dustsucker <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> OMG it's really getting late <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

It's like when children get scared of the sound of the vacuumcleaner for example; they cover their eyes so the 'scary vacuumcleaner won't see them' because they can't see it. The same thing with people that don't want to know the truth aboutthe world they live in. If they can't see it, everything is ok.

Ok this is something different but this it the first time I see the Dutch word for vacuumcleaner a bit as a strange word; stofzuiger = dustsucker <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> OMG it's really getting late <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Exactly! The stofzuiger = dustsucker thing made me laugh <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> It is getting late, I should head to my bed too I think.
  • airiesladyairieslady Posts: 384
    Well, here's what's going down in Florida schools. The first state to do this. They have passed a bill where all teachers will lose their tenure. They will be forced to "make every student a good student and pass that "test"... how will they do this? Teachers have been on the news alot lately trying to explain what can they do if a child has a learning deficiency or has to work at a job in addition to school. Will they be forced to falsify grades? They are trying to fight this. But what will happen is teachers will leave areas where a larger percent of failing students b/c they will not be able to afford to teach in a failing school. The other week, one school fired "ALL" the teachers! What did this achieve? I am afraid this is just the beginning of a complete downfall of the education system for sure! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I'm glad you got it, but I just like to say that I respect everyones opinions. Sorry if I came over as a little harsh I didn't meant that but I'm not feeling so well today, so sorry. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

MJLover, It's all GOOD in the HOOD! I hope you feel better! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    Hmm...okay. Some of your opinions I agree with. But what would the world be like w/o schools? Without education? Without med school, we'd have not doctors, in order to go to med school you have to graduate high school. Without school, we wouldn't have people to build & fix things. There are so many things & people we need & without education, we wouldn't have them. Without school what would we have? What would we do? How would the people of the world survive? Truth is we do need education, yes there are SOME bad schools out there but at the same time not ALL schools are bad. & I first learned about textbooks being a lie IN school from a GREAT teacher who REFUSED to use them for that simple fact. He also taught us the hidden symbolism on the dollar bill & all of those kinds of things. & taught us REAL history. Among other very important, interesting things I've learned from other AMAZING teachers & I've always gone to public school. Yes, sometimes unfortunately kids get bullied, but that happens outside of schools too & even in other countries who don't have school systems like ours. & that has to do with SOCIETY as a whole & the MEDIA plays into that too, not the school or education itself. I don't know about you, but I've never known of a class in school that sits kids down & teaches them how to beat up other kids or tease kids & encourages them to do it. That is a societal issue, that needs to be changed indeed, I agree with that. & I always thought some things in school were pointless too but they're not really. Truth is we do need to learn math, we use that in everyday life. When we learn about friction, gravity, etc in science, we need to know that. We need to know chemical compounds & what chemicals can mix without having a negative reaction, if someone hadn't studied things like that, we'd be in trouble. Gym is supposed to make kids stay healthy. Art teaches & encourages creativity & focus. Languages are good to learn, to communicate with the different people in the world, or around you. Reading & writing are good skills to know. The one that's screwed up is History & that isn't the educators' fault, that's the government. Teachers are told what they should be teaching & that they HAVE to use the textbooks (like I said my teacher went against the rules & could have gotten fired if anyone had found out). That is ALL the government.
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    I had been thinking about either homeschooling my son or putting him in private school. My son did far better in private school than he did in public school.

Now, I have to say there isn't anything wrong with making money. First the problem I see in the public school is that they don't teach these children about having their own enterprise. That is one of the problems I have noticed. By the time children are in college they are TONS of debt. This is what makes me wonder how they set the plan for failure in the get go. I also agree that money on the other hand is the end all. I have been out of work for sometime. Pretty much from what I have been told. I am overly qualified, yet, they are saying the unemployment rate here in the US is over 11% but you are concerned about me being overly qualified.

Anyways, I am concorned about the school system. School in itself is not bad. Its the system that has created it to set our children for failure. The teachers are probably ignorant of the fact that the history in the books are not all truth like so much that is out here now that many donot know unfortunately. What really got me was a few years ago about the SOLs. They have saturated these kids so much with this that children don't even take books home anymore to read. They no longer study. Just not good. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

Hosea 4:6
    People perish for the lack of knowledge.