The Shocking Truth About Public Schools

13»

Comments

• suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    I had been thinking about either homeschooling my son or putting him in private school. My son did far better in private school than he did in public school.

Now, I have to say there isn't anything wrong with making money. First the problem I see in the public school is that they don't teach these children about having their own enterprise. That is one of the problems I have noticed. By the time children are in college they are TONS of debt. This is what makes me wonder how they set the plan for failure in the get go. I also agree that money on the other hand is the end all. I have been out of work for sometime. Pretty much from what I have been told. I am overly qualified, yet, they are saying the unemployment rate here in the US is over 11% but you are concerned about me being overly qualified.

Anyways, I am concorned about the school system. School in itself is not bad. Its the system that has created it to set our children for failure. The teachers are probably ignorant of the fact that the history in the books are not all truth like so much that is out here now that many donot know unfortunately. What really got me was a few years ago about the SOLs. They have saturated these kids so much with this that children don't even take books home anymore to read. They no longer study. Just not good. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

Hosea 4:6
    People perish for the lack of knowledge.
    Parents must wake up to the fact that their kids need them to be involved and aware of the circumstances in all areas of their childrens lives.(perhaps the propofol is to remind us not to sleep when we should be keeping watch).Just like everything else there are good and bad schools ,teachers and politcal figures, even clergy.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    I had been thinking about either homeschooling my son or putting him in private school. My son did far better in private school than he did in public school.

Now, I have to say there isn't anything wrong with making money. First the problem I see in the public school is that they don't teach these children about having their own enterprise. That is one of the problems I have noticed. By the time children are in college they are TONS of debt. This is what makes me wonder how they set the plan for failure in the get go. I also agree that money on the other hand is the end all. I have been out of work for sometime. Pretty much from what I have been told. I am overly qualified, yet, they are saying the unemployment rate here in the US is over 11% but you are concerned about me being overly qualified.

Anyways, I am concorned about the school system. School in itself is not bad. Its the system that has created it to set our children for failure. The teachers are probably ignorant of the fact that the history in the books are not all truth like so much that is out here now that many donot know unfortunately. What really got me was a few years ago about the SOLs. They have saturated these kids so much with this that children don't even take books home anymore to read. They no longer study. Just not good. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

Hosea 4:6
    People perish for the lack of knowledge.
    Parents must wake up to the fact that their kids need them to be involved and aware of the circumstances in all areas of their childrens lives.(perhaps the propofol is to remind us not to sleep when we should be keeping watch).Just like everything else there are good and bad schools ,teachers and politcal figures, even clergy.

sorry about that . i did not me my last post to be in direct reply to you. was in a hurry and hit the wrong thing.
  • nynyronynyro Posts: 296
    Here's a a youtube video I found about the problems education. Dr. Fulani is addressing the African-American community, but it applies to everyone. It's kind of short, but she makes key point. She say's it's not just an American issue, it's an international issue. Also, that publicity and book tours on education aren't going to change things:
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQg7Snii ... r_embedded<!-- m -->
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    ny,

I agree. It is an international problem.
  • Mj5StarChickMj5StarChick Posts: 939
    Ok I'm gonna just say this and i need help. There are now 3 pregnant girls in my school and it's horrible <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> !!!The bad part about it is all 3 of them are my friends(just 2 are my besties <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ) I find this really shameful <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> because an 8th grader just had a baby a few months ago now it's 3 pregnant girls at once <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> One of the girls is an 8th grader and 2 are in 7th just like me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> . I go to a CPS school and this doesn't make it anymore better <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> ! We vowed we would make our school more presentable but now with observers walking around there really is no time for this <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> ! We are on probation and have been for like 3 years now <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> ! I am surprised and shocked at them because 1 girl we have been told about tho <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> But the other 2 are just hmm but all 3 are wild! I really wanna know what am i suppose to say to my friends i said i wanted to watch 1 of my friends babies lols <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> but i just wanna know how are we ever suppose to get off of probation period and academic probation! I would like to know the comments that you may have advice or anything else <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Thank you sooo much <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Peace&L.O.V.E
    -Jesse
    Ok I'm gonna just say this and i need help. There are now 3 pregnant girls in my school and it's horrible <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> !!!The bad part about it is all 3 of them are my friends(just 2 are my besties <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ) I find this really shameful <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> because an 8th grader just had a baby a few months ago now it's 3 pregnant girls at once <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> One of the girls is an 8th grader and 2 are in 7th just like me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> . I go to a CPS school and this doesn't make it anymore better <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> ! We vowed we would make our school more presentable but now with observers walking around there really is no time for this <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> ! We are on probation and have been for like 3 years now <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> ! I am surprised and shocked at them because 1 girl we have been told about tho <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> But the other 2 are just hmm but all 3 are wild! I really wanna know what am i suppose to say to my friends i said i wanted to watch 1 of my friends babies lols <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> but i just wanna know how are we ever suppose to get off of probation period and academic probation! I would like to know the comments that you may have advice or anything else <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Thank you sooo much <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Peace&L.O.V.E
    -Jesse

Just trying to understand, what are you on probation for?
    Are these girls getting any support from anyone?
  • Just because there are a few public schools that you describe here doesn't mean the majority of them are this way. Our youth need education from somewhere if they can't do homeschooling or private schools. And I am glad it is the law for kids to attend school whereas in my parents time, it wasn't.
    Just because there are a few public schools that you describe here doesn't mean the majority of them are this way. Our youth need education from somewhere if they can't do homeschooling or private schools. And I am glad it is the law for kids to attend school whereas in my parents time, it wasn't.

No it shouldn't be a law to make anyone have their child attend school. I don't hate school but at the same time if someone wants to home school or send their children to charter schools they should be able to do so. I don't hate public school it is just unfortunate there is an agenda with the education and I the teachers are not fault with this they are only doing their job.
    Peace&L.O.V.E
    -Jesse

We are on probation for our test scores and most of all our behavior! We have fights and battle wars against other schools and it would be like say we see a girl from Marquette we have to run up and jump her and whoever else she's with but because we are against her!
  • halenaaaaahalenaaaaa Posts: 9
    Hello everyone. (: I am an 8th grader, and I am fortunate to have grown in a good school. I'm a straight A student, and, modesty aside, I feel like I'm more intelligent than other kids sometimes. D: Makes me feel bad to say that, but there are students who are... horrible.

I've noticed that our students seem to be getting worse each year. It's really worrying me. This school year has been noticeably different. For example, this is the first time the school-wide grades have actually dropped since 2000, I believe. This is also the first year where the vice principal had to give a speech about the rules and consequences TWICE. I can't tell if it's a coincidence, and many kids from my generation decided to go bad, or if there's a deeper cause to it.

I also noticed that many of you have talked about the history books telling lies...? Can anyone elaborate please? I am new to this forum, so I am a little clueless. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Thank you all so much for the information.
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Thank you for this thread guys.
    I always knew there was somehing wrong with my school's system.
    The other day, My history teacher showed us a movie on politics
    made by (drumroll please).. Sony.
    I thought I was gonna puke. That class makes me sick.
    My teacher is so ignorant to everything that is going on.
    It's the only class I have an F in.
    He makes us whisper the word "Communism". It's so silly and immature.
    It's like he's trying to control our minds and opinions. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I've actually stood up to him about it a couple of times to no avail.
    There definitely needs to be a change.

"The Government don't wanna see."

<!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • nynyronynyro Posts: 296
    Peace&L.O.V.E
    -Jesse

We are on probation for our test scores and most of all our behavior! We have fights and battle wars against other schools and it would be like say we see a girl from Marquette we have to run up and jump her and whoever else she's with but because we are against her!

Why do you need to jump girl's from Marquette? Is there a way you could go against the grain and choose not to fight?
    Peace&L.O.V.E
    -Jesse

Why do you need to jump girl's from Marquette? Is there a way you could go against the grain and choose not to fight?
    I would never think of putting my hands on them unless they hit me first! Now before it's happened kids from Marquette came to our school a BUNCH of boys and girls then we all came outside the building and it was a big Marquette Vs. Mckay fight!!! Hmm i would like to know if you guys think i was in it or not lols but yea that's what happened. Most of those girls will fight tho just for those ugly lil boys but i don't have to it's waay grammar for me <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> .
    MJ5Star,

Well, to start off start by staying focus on doing your best to get your grades up, you and the girls both. Attitude is the key for sure. Focus on the positive. It would be good if there were some older mature young ladies to mentor you and the young ladies. None of this is worth fighting over. I remember in school that some of the neighborhoods had beef with each other but really at the end what did any prosper. Nothing! I had been banked one time fighting another neighborhood girl. She wanted to fight me over some no good "thug" who didn't want her either, can you believe. I can see if the guy had substance. Something worth fighting for. Puhleessssss. But it's not worth it. Just create More fights really! Also if you could let an adult know what is going on. Someone has to do something about the fights.