Clark Gable's Tomb -- Vandalized with a Kiss

edited January 1970 in News
Clark Gable's Tomb -- Vandalized with a Kiss
Originally posted Jun 6th 2010 12:15 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Clark Gable's marble tomb at Forest Lawn Cemetery has been so badly damaged it needs a total overhaul -- and it's all because one adoring fan couldn't keep her lips to herself.

0604-gable-tomb-ex-2-credit.jpg

TMZ spoke with John Clark Gable -- the famous actor's son -- who tells us he noticed the smooch last month during a visit to the mausoleum.

Gable tells us that the lipstick bandit has struck several times in the past -- but they've always been able to easily wipe off the mark ... that is, until now. This time, the stain is so bad, Forest Lawn had to dispatch their in-house marble repair team to fix the damage.

Gable also noted that his father is entombed in the same mausoleum as Michael Jackson -- and warns that if MJ fans are allowed into the place, they could accidentally damage some of the surrounding tombs.

As for the Lipstick Bandit -- Gable tells us security will "keep an eye out" in case she strikes again.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/clarke-ga ... l-jackson/<!-- m -->

Comments

• chappiechappie Posts: 529
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I thought people are not allowed to get into that Holly Place.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    :lol: <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I thought people are not allowed to get into that Holly Place.

Yep, was the first thing I thought as well. So if you are an MJ fan you don't have access, so MJ fans better turn into Clark Gable fans, because they can go into the mausoleum. Easy as that.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• HopelessHopeless Posts: 278
    Clark Gable is in the Great Mausoleum witch was opened for public viewing...not behind the Holly Terrace :

<!-- m -->http://www.seeing-stars.com/Maps/Forest ... eumMap.JPG<!-- m -->

Here again and here you see Michael Jackson was the only one on Holly Terrace....but Holly Terrace is outside the Mausoleum <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> every other was placed in any part inside.
    And from the others they are written the day ot death...Michael had the 25.June and the 03. September...the only one who has it.

There are not mentioned the Ascension windows and when i surch them i only can find articles with Michael and the Windows....not before the " death" and there and the Holly Terrace and the Marble Tomb arn't emntioned at the official side from Forrest Lawn...i read anywhere that the " fans " they are visiting the place are always the same....is this all a film set ?

<!-- m -->http://www.uscemeteryproj.com/californi ... endale.htm<!-- m -->

• Clark Gable's tomb is inside the Great Mausoleum, in the Sanctuary of Trust.

GM.jpg

373_1013114418.jpg

Now take a look at this:
    maus_map.jpg
    maus_map_legenda2.jpg

To get to Clark Gable's tomb you need to take entrance B, Memorial terrace, entrance to the Last Supper window.

To get to Mike's alleged tomb you need to take entrance C, Holly Terrace.

I called Forest Lawn last Wednesday because I wanted to know if you could walk around the entire mausoleum if you enter through the Holly Terrace entrance. I was told that that's not possible.

I then specifically asked which entrance has to be taken to get to the tomb of WC Fields which is inside Holly Terrace (Plot: Great Mausoleum, Hall of Inspiration, Columbarium of Nativity).

Hall of Inspiration, which is located at the intersection of the Columbarium of Nativity and Sanctuary of the Nativity, according to what the superintendent of the Mausoleum told me:
    hall_of_inspiration.jpg

HT_full.jpg

The superintendent's answer was: "You can only access WC Fields' tomb through the Holly Terrace entrance".

So, Clark Gable is entombed in the same Mausoleum as where Mike is supposed to be entombed, but in case Holly Terrace (entrance C) would be opened to the public, there's no way one can get to Clark Gable's tomb in Memorial Terrace through the Holly Terrace entrance. Through entrance B ( Memorial Terrace), there's no way to get to Holly Terrace.

The Great Mausoleum is opened for public, but only to access the Memorial Court of Honor, to see The Last Supper Window. Access to the tombs located there is restricted.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Lipstick Bandits - nice design <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

LipstickBandit.jpg
  • HopelessHopeless Posts: 278
    Clark Gable wasn't in the same building. He was near the Last Supper painting in the bigger right building.
    <!-- m -->http://u1.ipernity.com/10/78/12/3477812.480d9f95.png<!-- m -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I'm just wondering if this kissing Clark Gable's stone or whatever they keep going on about over and over bringing up the dispute from Mr. Gable's relatives about MJ fans....UM is this more than what it seems? Is there something more to this like a hidden message about the hoax inside of all this Gable nonsense, something we are suppose to see or find out...like maybe the MJ crypt is a set or a prop. I've never heard so much run around the rosie block mis guided info on a crypt in my entire life! Elvis was sooooo famous and there was never this sort of just plain goofy hog wash! Come on! We're being toyed with! If they wanted us all banned we would be banned I assure you! And there would be no mistakes about it! Maybe they want us to start poking around the FL perimeter until we figure out exactly what is going on. *ARE WE THERE YET!!!*
  • I'm just wondering if this kissing Clark Gable's stone or whatever they keep going on about over and over bringing up the dispute from Mr. Gable's relatives about MJ fans....

I would say that the statement by Clark Gable's grandson "the mausoleum "wouldn't be as sacred" if just anyone could go inside" is ungrounded.

Like I wrote down in my earlier reply to this thread:
    Clark Gable is entombed in the same Mausoleum as where Mike is supposed to be entombed, but in case Holly Terrace (entrance C) would be opened to the public, there's no way one can get to Clark Gable's tomb in Memorial Terrace through the Holly Terrace entrance.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    That pic of the lipstick mark on Mr Gable's tomb looks like whoever it was tried to give his cold marble a big open mouthed wet one. Very strange and why would it be difficult to remove? Come on TMZ we know MJ is not there and you guys are just stalling.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Any excuse to keep the fans away again. <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: --> <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • FoxelloFoxello Posts: 48
    Does anybody else think that the lipstick mark is fake and....dare I say.....printed? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Does anybody else think that the lipstick mark is fake and....dare I say.....printed? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yes. And that mouth print is rather large in my opinion. This is so silly and doesn't make any sense at all. It kind of reminds me of the James Brown story a few months ago and the family came back and said it was a false story. Diversion tactics.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    OOH PLZ AND THEY JUST SOO HARD TO MENTION MICHAEL ON THIS ARTICLE. IT JUST HAD TO BE. LET ME SEE NOW THIS IS JUST A DISTRACTION ALSO KEEP THE FANS AWAY YES AS ALWAYS CUS MJ AIN'T THERE!! NOW, WHY WOULD LIPSTICK BE SOO PERMANENT HAHA
    Look at where the lipstick mark is and there appears to be a face on the marble.
    Must be time for the padded cell cause that doesn't look like markings in the marble, it appears to be writing that becomes more distorted as it goes further down in lines.
    Just adding that I think I see the word comfort at the start of the dark lines in the marble.
  • Love4MichaelLove4Michael Posts: 398
    Look at where the lipstick mark is and there appears to be a face on the marble.

Yep.....one wearing sunglasses and singing...LOL.
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> @ the face.. Why that nose mark? How fake
  • lips,Nose and eyes.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If that isthe mouth of someone, it is very rare <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If Le Papillon Bleu, you are right but the eyes seem glasses <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030

totally looks like the face is wearing sunglasses.

and i'd like to meet the person whose upper lip shapes into a hat when they pucker up
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    [Ghost are appearing to recall the Sanctuary of Trust.]

This is MJ's face on the marble.

Reminds me of MJ's eyes on the judge's face when Murray was told "I don't want you sedating any people. Jan 8.

I cannot take these Levinesques serious.
    Reminds me of cinnamon donuts with ricotta. Bah.

• Vandalized with a Kiss or...Sealed with a Kiss..? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Though we gotta say goodbye for the summer
    Baby, I promise you this
    I'll send you all my love
    Every day in a letter
    Sealed with a kiss
    Yes, it's gonna be a cold lonely summer
    But I'll fill the emptiness
    I'll send you all my dreams
    Every day in a letter
    Sealed with a kiss

I'll see you in the sunlight
    I'll hear your voice everywhere
    I'll run to tenderly hold you
    But baby, you won't be there

I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer
    Knowing the love we'll miss
    So let us make a pledge
    To meet in September
    And seal it with a kiss

Yes, it's gonna be a cold lonely summer
    But I'll fill the emptiness
    I'll send you all my love
    Every day in a letter
    Sealed with a kiss

Sealed with a kiss
    Sealed with a kiss

[youtube:3pvkh1mk]
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984

whew was afraid it was just me! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • youngatheartyoungatheart Posts: 261
    and i'd like to meet the person whose upper lip shapes into a hat when they pucker up

My thoughts exactly. Very strange shaped lips <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->