Michael IS a Jehova Witness

snowhite159snowhite159 Posts: 60
edited January 1970 in News
I know so many people think that Mj was a Muslim or some other religon. That's not true. If you really research it, he was ALWAYS a Jehova Witness. The memorial was a Jehova Witness cermony.Just a thought. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Comments

• samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    I know so many people think that Mj was a Muslim or some other religon. That's not true. If you really research it, he was ALWAYS a Jehova Witness. The memorial was a Jehova Witness cermony.Just a thought. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    He was a Jahova Witness now hes a christian
  • mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820

Jehova's Witnesses are Christian.
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006

Someone emailed me from YT last year and told me the same thing.
  • TracyKTracyK Posts: 163
    Jehovas Witnesses are Christians.
  • I know so many people think that Mj was a Muslim or some other religon. That's not true. If you really research it, he was ALWAYS a Jehova Witness. The memorial was a Jehova Witness cermony.Just a thought. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I am a Jehova Witness.
    Christians and Jehova Witnesses aren't the same thing.

I am a Jehova Witness.
    Thank you very much
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    can't we just agree that he is a child of God?

down

with

division

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
    Neither are Catholics and Baptists, Lutherans and Orthodox. Yet, they are all Christians.

I am a Jehova Witness.

Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to save you from all your sins? Do you believe the only way into Heaven is through your salvation through Jesus Christ? If you answered yes, then you my dear are a Christian! I am Southern Baptist. My cousin is Catholic. My best friend is Seventh Day Adventist and her mother is Lutherin. All Christians.

I am a Jehova Witness.
    Thank you very much

splain please <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Neither are Catholics and Baptists, Lutherans and Orthodox. Yet, they are all Christians.
    ok, that's your opinion, IMO is, they are not the same
  • <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_t6C0lou-c<!-- m -->

WATCH THIS!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Is the Jehovah's Witness religion Christian?

<!-- m -->http://www.carm.org/is-the-jehovahs-wit ... -christian<!-- m -->
    The answer to the question is, "No. It is not Christian." Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.

Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:

•Taking verses out of their immediate context.
    •Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.
    •Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.
    •Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.
    •Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.
    •Changing the meanings of words.
    •Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.
    •Adding to the Word of God.
    Additionally, the Jehovah's Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings. This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives. In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them. For confirmation of this, please read Does the Watchtower organization control the JW's thinking?

The Witnesses are told they will be persecuted when they go door to door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim). They are strongly encouraged to have friends and acquaintances that are only JW's, thereby keeping outside examination to a minimum. They are told to shun those who leave their group, for in this way there is no way to see why someone has left and no way to find out that they are in error from those who have found the truth in Christ. They are conditioned to shy away from any real biblically knowledgeable person. An example of this is frequently found on the Internet. I was once banned from a Jehovah's Witness chat room after I not only answered their objections to the Trinity and deity of Christ, but challenged them in return. Subsequently, my name was passed around to all other Jehovah's Witness rooms where I was banned from them as well. This is a frequent occurrence on the Internet where the Jehovah's Witnesses are alive and well. It is obvious that critical examination of their doctrines is not encouraged by the Watchtower Organization.

The Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves to be Christians because they believe they are serving the true and living God. Like many cults, they think they are the only true church on earth. Yet, they deny the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the personhood of the Holy Spirit, Jesus' physical resurrection, and salvation by grace through faith.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are discouraged from looking into Jehovah's Witness history or old Watchtower literature which is replete with contradictions, altered doctrines, and false prophecies. Instead, they are indoctrinated repeatedly against basic Christian doctrines (Trinity, deity of Christ, etc.) and into the notion that they alone are the true servants of God and that all others are either in "Christendom" or simply unbelievers.

Primarily, the Jehovah's Witness organization is a mind-control organization that uses its people to pass out literature and send in "donations" to the headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible."1

The Watchtower organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a non-Christian organization that uses its people to promulgate false doctrines, and collects "contributions" for distribution of a multitudinous amount of literature, and expand its grip into the lives of its members and their families.

It is a non-Christian cult.
  • Thank you samsuperb!
    ok i discussed this a while back with someone on a pm. while channel surfing one day in the last year i came to christian television channel. just so happened that clifton davis(never can say goodby writer who performed that song at the "burial" or so we are told)show. his guest that day way rev. curtis smith. clifton went on to explain to his audience where we should know this man from. he of course is the minister who spoke at micheals memorial. he told how he was somewhere giving a sermon or whatever on the difference between jw and other faiths or denominations and that randy was in attendance. he said that randy had ask him if he had heard about what they were having for micheal and ask him to come and speak. make of it what you will.
    Anyway, MJ lived a very Christian life.. MJ tried his hardest to walk in the word. He talked a lot about what was in the Christian Bible and not was in the Jehovas book. He did celebrate Christmas and birthdays and all the while praised Jesus and tried to imitate that in his every day life. Also, he got saved which is a VERY Christian thing to do. He attended Christian churches a lot with Steve Harvey and Chris Tucker. He was also saved in the presence of Steve Harvey and Andre Crouch... MJ had already done it in 2003 and Rodney Jerkins asked MJ about it and MJ said that he was already saved. Rodney was concerned about that and MJ told him he had already done it. Usually when we speak about things we tend to say what we are first. For instance, whether you are white or black.. I am white so of course I say white first.. Also, that was a Christian memorial service.

Start at 2:07
    [youtube:1tqhvqz7]
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    A good friend of mine was a JW. When she left the religion she was shunned. Her parents, brothers and sisters were not allowed to communicate with her. She became a Christian and found many of the things she had been taught by the JW were just not true. She was heart broken because of the way she was treated by her family and former friends. She joined a support group for people who had at one time been JW's. She ministered to many. It was fifteen years before her mother finally contacted her and told her she had been wrong to do what she did. However, she was afraid her husband (my friend's father) would find out. She talked to me about it quite extensively. Anyway there is a large support group that meets on a yearly basis in Chicago. They have smaller support groups all over the US.
  • I used to think there was a possibility he had converted to Islam, I starte researching and came across this. It was written in 2000. As of that date, it seems he was still Jahova. He didn't leave after Thriller like the Media told us. According to this article he was still active in the 90's.
    http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2000/12/My-Childhood-My-Sabbath-My-Freedom.aspx
    In one of our conversations together, my friend Rabbi Shmuley told me that he had asked some of his colleagues–-writers, thinkers, and artists-–to pen their reflections on the Sabbath. He then suggested that I write down my own thoughts on the subject, a project I found intriguing and timely due to the recent death of Rose Fine, a Jewish woman who was my beloved childhood tutor and who traveled with me and my brothers when we were all in the Jackson Five.

Last Friday night I joined Rabbi Shmuley, his family, and their guests for the Sabbath dinner at their home. What I found especially moving was when Shmuley and his wife placed their hands on the heads of their young children, and blessed them to grow to be like Abraham and Sarah, which I understand is an ancient Jewish tradition. This led me to reminisce about my own childhood, and what the Sabbath meant to me growing up.

When people see the television appearances I made when I was a little boy--8 or 9 years old and just starting off my lifelong music career--they see a little boy with a big smile. They assume that this little boy is smiling because he is joyous, that he is singing his heart out because he is happy, and that he is dancing with an energy that never quits because he is carefree.

But while singing and dancing were, and undoubtedly remain, some of my greatest joys, at that time what I wanted more than anything else were the two things that make childhood the most wondrous years of life, namely, playtime and a feeling of freedom. The public at large has yet to really understand the pressures of childhood celebrity, which, while exciting, always exacts a very heavy price.

More than anything, I wished to be a normal little boy. I wanted to build tree houses and go to roller-skating parties. But very early on, this became impossible. I had to accept that my childhood would be different than most others. But that's what always made me wonder what an ordinary childhood would be like.
    There was one day a week, however, that I was able to escape the stages of Hollywood and the crowds of the concert hall. That day was the Sabbath. In all religions, the Sabbath is a day that allows and requires the faithful to step away from the everyday and focus on the exceptional. I learned something about the Jewish Sabbath in particular early on from Rose, and my friend Shmuley further clarified for me how, on the Jewish Sabbath, the everyday life tasks of cooking dinner, grocery shopping, and mowing the lawn are forbidden so that humanity may make the ordinary extraordinary and the natural miraculous. Even things like shopping or turning on lights are forbidden. On this day, the Sabbath, everyone in the world gets to stop being ordinary.

But what I wanted more than anything was to be ordinary. So, in my world, the Sabbath was the day I was able to step away from my unique life and glimpse the everyday.

Sundays were my day for "Pioneering," the term used for the missionary work that Jehovah's Witnesses do. We would spend the day in the suburbs of Southern California, going door to door or making the rounds of a shopping mall, distributing our Watchtower magazine. I continued my pioneering work for years and years after my career had been launched.

Up to 1991, the time of my Dangerous tour, I would don my disguise of fat suit, wig, beard, and glasses and head off to live in the land of everyday America, visiting shopping plazas and tract homes in the suburbs. I loved to set foot in all those houses and catch sight of the shag rugs and La-Z-Boy armchairs with kids playing Monopoly and grandmas baby-sitting and all those wonderfully ordinary and, to me, magical scenes of life. Many, I know, would argue that these things seem like no big deal. But to me they were positively fascinating.

The funny thing is, no adults ever suspected who this strange bearded man was. But the children, with their extra intuition, knew right away. Like the Pied Piper of Hamlin, I would find myself trailed by eight or nine children by my second round of the shopping mall. They would follow and whisper and giggle, but they wouldn't reveal my secret to their parents. They were my little aides. Hey, maybe you bought a magazine from me. Now you're wondering, right?

Sundays were sacred for two other reasons as I was growing up. They were both the day that I attended church and the day that I spent rehearsing my hardest. This may seem against the idea of "rest on the Sabbath," but it was the most sacred way I could spend my time: developing the talents that God gave me. The best way I can imagine to show my thanks is to make the very most of the gift that God gave me.

Church was a treat in its own right. It was again a chance for me to be "normal." The church elders treated me the same as they treated everyone else. And they never became annoyed on the days that the back of the church filled with reporters who had discovered my whereabouts. They tried to welcome them in. After all, even reporters are the children of God.
    When I was young, my whole family attended church together in Indiana. As we grew older, this became difficult, and my remarkable and truly saintly mother would sometimes end up there on her own. When circumstances made it increasingly complex for me to attend, I was comforted by the belief that God exists in my heart, and in music and in beauty, not only in a building. But I still miss the sense of community that I felt there--I miss the friends and the people who treated me like I was simply one of them. Simply human. Sharing a day with God.

When I became a father, my whole sense of God and the Sabbath was redefined. When I look into the eyes of my son, Prince, and daughter, Paris, I see miracles and I see beauty. Every single day becomes the Sabbath. Having children allows me to enter this magical and holy world every moment of every day. I see God through my children. I speak to God through my children. I am humbled for the blessings He has given me.

There have been times in my life when I, like everyone, has had to wonder about God's existence. When Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, I have no doubts. Children are God's gift to us. No--they are more than that--they are the very form of God's energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.

My most precious days as a child were those Sundays when I was able to be free. That is what the Sabbath has always been for me. A day of freedom. Now I find this freedom and magic every day in my role as a father. The amazing thing is, we all have the ability to make every day the precious day that is the Sabbath. And we do this by rededicating ourselves to the wonders of childhood. We do this by giving over our entire heart and mind to the little people we call son and daughter. The time we spend with them is the Sabbath. The place we spend it is called Paradise.
    That was in the 90's maybe he was.. In 2003 most likely before that he was saved. He worked with Rodney Jerkins on the Invincible album in 2000 or '99 somewhere in there and that's when they had the discussion about MJ's salvation. Michael told Jerkins that he had been saved so Jerkins did not worry about that any longer. Then also as we have all read he did it again with Andre Crouch. So I have no doubt that he was Christian. It does not matter though but I know what I know and it was never a secret.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    I don't know if he was actually a baptized JW. All, I know that those same beliefs his mother taught him are what made him the man he is today. Jehovah Witnesses are Christian. If any one wants to research the JW religion <!-- m -->http://www.watchtower.org<!-- m --> that's the most accurate way if you want to know more just go their beliefs are on the site. Michael well all I can say is that thanks to how he was brought up he is kind hearted, humble, and yes he has flaws like anyone else. It's hard to be JW and have a career not just music career, but any career. Prince JW too not easy for the man either.
  • deedeedeedee Posts: 10

Is the Jehovah's Witness religion Christian?

<!-- m -->http://www.carm.org/is-the-jehovahs-wit ... -christian<!-- m -->
    The answer to the question is, "No. It is not Christian." Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.

Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:

•Taking verses out of their immediate context.
    •Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.
    •Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.
    •Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.
    •Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.
    •Changing the meanings of words.
    •Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.
    •Adding to the Word of God.
    Additionally, the Jehovah's Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings. This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives. In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them. For confirmation of this, please read Does the Watchtower organization control the JW's thinking?

The Witnesses are told they will be persecuted when they go door to door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim). They are strongly encouraged to have friends and acquaintances that are only JW's, thereby keeping outside examination to a minimum. They are told to shun those who leave their group, for in this way there is no way to see why someone has left and no way to find out that they are in error from those who have found the truth in Christ. They are conditioned to shy away from any real biblically knowledgeable person. An example of this is frequently found on the Internet. I was once banned from a Jehovah's Witness chat room after I not only answered their objections to the Trinity and deity of Christ, but challenged them in return. Subsequently, my name was passed around to all other Jehovah's Witness rooms where I was banned from them as well. This is a frequent occurrence on the Internet where the Jehovah's Witnesses are alive and well. It is obvious that critical examination of their doctrines is not encouraged by the Watchtower Organization.

The Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves to be Christians because they believe they are serving the true and living God. Like many cults, they think they are the only true church on earth. Yet, they deny the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the personhood of the Holy Spirit, Jesus' physical resurrection, and salvation by grace through faith.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are discouraged from looking into Jehovah's Witness history or old Watchtower literature which is replete with contradictions, altered doctrines, and false prophecies. Instead, they are indoctrinated repeatedly against basic Christian doctrines (Trinity, deity of Christ, etc.) and into the notion that they alone are the true servants of God and that all others are either in "Christendom" or simply unbelievers.

Primarily, the Jehovah's Witness organization is a mind-control organization that uses its people to pass out literature and send in "donations" to the headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible."1

The Watchtower organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a non-Christian organization that uses its people to promulgate false doctrines, and collects "contributions" for distribution of a multitudinous amount of literature, and expand its grip into the lives of its members and their families.

It is a non-Christian cult.

I can't believe how screwed up this post is! Everything cited here is way off base when come to Jehovah's witnesses. Where did you get this crap? Maybe you should do more research before posting nonsense like this. It only makes you look ignorant.
  • ChristianaChristiana Posts: 626
    Is it really necessary to confirm or disprove whether or not Michael was and/or is a JW? We can't prove it either way, anymore than we can prove that JW are right or Catholics are right or Hindus are right, etc, etc. And in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what he was in that regard, or what any of us are?

Michael was, simply put, a man of Faith.

Can't we just leave it at that?
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    But he celebrated Christmas & birthdays with his kids. Maybe he never officially left the religion but he didn't practice all aspects of it that's for sure.
    This is just a discussion not life or death. To me this is no big deal to talk about. Someone thought it was important to them, so why take that away from that person?