Michael IS a Jehova Witness

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Just like how you can't really know or understand the true history of mankind by reading the established history books, because history is written by the victors, and it slants everything they say; just so you can't always describe what another culture or faith is like. Certain groups always villify certain other groups, backing it up with all this intellectual "evidence". Certain people and groups always think they are superior than others. Much of it is based on ignorance and pride. There IS such a thing as perspective, and both groups can be right at the same time, when examining things in different ways. I grew up in the Evangical faith all my life and have studied the Bible hard, and believe me I've heard it all, how everyone was going to hell but only those who specifically believed as we did. The standard joke I heard was, put any denomination in a special room in heaven, where the supposedly real Christians walk by and say, "Sh-h! The baptists (or whatever group) think they're the only ones here." A Christian organization I used to work in for 7 years used to regularly roast Pentecostals and imply they were of the devil. Most Protestant Christians today are much more tolerant than they used to be. I used to wonder that God would only save such a tiny amount of earth's population for heaven and rest would all burn in hell forever. Maybe 2 billion (including all babies who haven't reached the so-called age of accountability) might be saved, and 10 billion (from all history) were going to burn. I've learned SO MUCH from many wonderful thinkers and writers on the internet, all of whom loved God, the Bible and seek Truth. I think a LOT differently now, seeing a BIGGER picture in the Bible than only the literal words, as God the Creator's intent. My personal opinion is that Michael did too. He loved all people and certainly never preached any division or exclusivity in faith. It all depends on who is doing the critical writing. I'm sure Jehovah's Witnesses have their reasons for thinking the Evangical Christians are in error as well. When Jesus was on earth in Israel, the people he most blasted were the ones who thought they were the most religiously accurate and spiritual. In my study I have found that theologians disagree over almost every single verse, every doctrine and every understanding. I feel proud to be part of this international forum with people who come from so many backgrounds and beliefs, and we're all here because we love Michael and believe he's alive and is coming back! Just my thoughts. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Is it really necessary to confirm or disprove whether or not Michael was and/or is a JW? We can't prove it either way, anymore than we can prove that JW are right or Catholics are right or Hindus are right, etc, etc. And in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what he was in that regard, or what any of us are?

Michael was, simply put, a man of Faith.

Can't we just leave it at that?

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> AGREED
  • Melzy777Melzy777 Posts: 501
    Is it really necessary to confirm or disprove whether or not Michael was and/or is a JW? We can't prove it either way, anymore than we can prove that JW are right or Catholics are right or Hindus are right, etc, etc. And in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what he was in that regard, or what any of us are?

Michael was, simply put, a man of Faith.

Can't we just leave it at that?

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> AGREED
    DITTO!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • SuzyQSuzyQ Posts: 12
    Well if you believe in the hoax and the numerology and such, then you would obviously see that faith i.e. religion is a huge factor in Michaels life. That being said I think this is an appropriate discussion to have. I grew up very similar to Michael in terms of religion ect., and for those saying JW's are NOT christians are wrong. I have many books with me that also say so. Essentially JW's believe Jesus died for us and our sins, he was ressurrected and ofcourse through Jehovah and Jesus we are "saved".
    I agree with deedee, the post comparing JW's to a cult is completely ignorant and slanderous. It is doing what we all know Michael didnt agree with and that is spreading false propaganda. Everyone is free to believe what they like, but if you understand the JW religion then you know everything Michael talked about was very much the same beliefs i.e. "immitating Jesus, being generous, loving and humble". From what I understand Michaels faith was JW as late as 2008. He spoke about Jehovah being his strength going through the trials and such which is what I read in an interview. To people also saying he celebrated holidays ect., it is something that isn't uncommon. Im sure he did it for the celebration, to have fun and let his kids experience the joy of it, and to not feel isolated. In my family we did things similar, we dont celebrate holidays but did in our own way to get the family together etc. So it could be he was celebrating the holidays for the simple feelings of happiness, fun and just to celebrate, rather than the actual meaning for people who do.
  • Isn´t this discussion fruitless?
    You won´t know for sure anyway, unless he comes back and tells the world which religion he belonged to.

Having christmas doesn´t necessarily make him christian. Having bodyguards from the NOI doesn´t necessarily make him muslim.

He is great, no matter in which religion. My opinion.
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Why is it that important to you?
  • mmzmmz Posts: 450
    I would end saying that Michael has always been very SPIRITUAL.
    But we all know he repeated many Jesus words,"as Jesus said..." so..I think he believed in Jesus teachings (by consequence,he believes in Jesus existence) and God.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    we simply all want to put God in our own little box. it's human nature. what's say we let him out. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • You guys, seriously, this is getting old. We don't KNOW what Mike's religion is. We only KNOW he believes in God and reads the Bible. We also KNOW he studied many religions. Who's to say which one, if any, he follows strictly. Some people take things from many different religions and cultures to form their own, unique beliefs. We don't know for sure what his are. But my point is, it doesn't matter. The arguing that goes on about this is exactly why I think organized religion can do more harm than good. Can't we all just agree to disagree and treat each other with love? No matter what you believe in, I bet love is the reason for it. That is something we all have in common.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    He could be disassociated or just follows aspects of it, but those same beliefs are what made the man we admire that is enough. Truth is only Jehovah God and Michael know. He has tried to imitate Jesus which is a very JW thing to do he follows aspects of it, to love one another. Michael tries to be the best he can be and that is admirable I always associate the fruitage of the spirit with him in Galatians 5:22,23 which are the qualities “love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.” I've seen these qualities in Mike <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

We would work on a track and then we’d meet at his house, play what we worked on, and he would say, ‘Smelly, let it talk to you.’ I’d go, ‘OK.’ He’d say, ‘If the song needs something, it’ll tell you. Let it talk to you.’ I’ve learned to do that. The key to being a wonderful writer is not to write. You just get out of the way. Leave room for God to walk in the room. And when I write something that I know is right, I get on my knees and say thank you. Thank you, Jehovah!-Ebony Jet 2007
  • The song "Heal the World" was inspired by this religon, Jehovah Witnesses
  • Hmm, I think I might see a pattern... People that call themselves JW's believe Michael is/was a JW, people that call themselves Muslims believe Michael is/was a Muslim, people that call themselves Christians believe Michael is/was a Christian etc. I find this very interesting since I don't really care for labels myself. Might the reason be that Michael's such a beautiful person (kind, giving, caring and so much more) that some of us feel the need to know that he is/was "one of us"? May I say that I'm just suggesting this thought from a psychological point of view because I honestly believe that we're all the same and I do think Michael thought the same judging by his lyrics, actions, speeches etc.
  • Hmm, I think I might see a pattern... People that call themselves JW's believe Michael is/was a JW, people that call themselves Muslims believe Michael is/was a Muslim, people that call themselves Christians believe Michael is/was a Christian etc. I find this very interesting since I don't really care for labels myself. Might the reason be that Michael's such a beautiful person (kind, giving, caring and so much more) that some of us feel the need to know that he is/was "one of us"? May I say that I'm just suggesting this thought from a psychological point of view because I honestly believe that we're all the same and I do think Michael thought the same judging by his lyrics, actions, speeches etc.

Exactly what I'm trying to say! I'm with you!
    of course that's human nature .
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    yes, we are all the same no one is better than anyone in the eyes of God. All imperfect it don't matter what color, race, religion. God loves us all. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". So, let's work on it we got a lot to work on our qualities love one another, be tolerant, and have a lot of patience especially with this <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • yes, we are all the same no one is better than anyone in the eyes of God. All imperfect it don't matter what color, race, religion. God loves us all. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". So, let's work on it we got a lot to work on our qualities love one another, be tolerant, and have a lot of patience especially with this <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Very well said! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I too have always thought Michael's special qualities were brought out by his up-bringing and he himself said that the Jehovah's Witness teachings had a lasting effect on his life. We do know that he even kept up with his duties after he became famous, going out on service, until the recognition made it impossible.
    I feel like all religions have one big thing in common, LOVE - and I think that is a message we can all appreciate. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Anyway, MJ lived a very Christian life.. MJ tried his hardest to walk in the word. He talked a lot about what was in the Christian Bible and not was in the Jehovas book. He did celebrate Christmas and birthdays and all the while praised Jesus and tried to imitate that in his every day life. Also, he got saved which is a VERY Christian thing to do. He attended Christian churches a lot with Steve Harvey and Chris Tucker. He was also saved in the presence of Steve Harvey and Andre Crouch... MJ had already done it in 2003 and Rodney Jerkins asked MJ about it and MJ said that he was already saved. Rodney was concerned about that and MJ told him he had already done it. Usually when we speak about things we tend to say what we are first. For instance, whether you are white or black.. I am white so of course I say white first.. Also, that was a Christian memorial service.

Start at 2:07
    [youtube:2pe9wf6h]
    what do u mean when u say he got saved <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    john 3;16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    john 3;17
    For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    john 3;18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
  • Michael was baptized as a JW (along with Rebbie - the only 2 siblings to be baptized), but did not die as a JW. He disfellowshipped himself at some point. This is all according to Katherine Jackson. The information is in the Rabbi Shmuley book, p. 216-217. You can read the book here:
    <!-- m -->https://acrobat.com/#d=CRHVhMduSl6QOTdJW22uzQ<!-- m -->
    (Thanks to applehead250609 for the link!)

Katherine said that Michael disfellowshipping himself was painful to her, especially since he did it without consulting or notifying her...
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    Anyway, MJ lived a very Christian life.. MJ tried his hardest to walk in the word. He talked a lot about what was in the Christian Bible and not was in the Jehovas book. He did celebrate Christmas and birthdays and all the while praised Jesus and tried to imitate that in his every day life. Also, he got saved which is a VERY Christian thing to do. He attended Christian churches a lot with Steve Harvey and Chris Tucker. He was also saved in the presence of Steve Harvey and Andre Crouch... MJ had already done it in 2003 and Rodney Jerkins asked MJ about it and MJ said that he was already saved. Rodney was concerned about that and MJ told him he had already done it. Usually when we speak about things we tend to say what we are first. For instance, whether you are white or black.. I am white so of course I say white first.. Also, that was a Christian memorial service.

[youtube:axgu9ruz]

Thanks for sharing this. You have pretty much confirmed what another lady who was a friend of MJ said that he did give his life to Christ. She emailed me from Youtube. I don't know how close they were but this is what she shared with me, this sounds about right around the time when I saw the video he did at this home and Elizabeth Taylor was over his home doing the Christmas holiday. Noone is denying that he practiced JW but if he did do this he did. Yes, he was a part of the JW at one time but why all the fuss? The bottom line is MJ was a man who desired change and wanted to make a difference.
    Michael was baptized as a JW (along with Rebbie - the only 2 siblings to be baptized), but did not die as a JW. He disfellowshipped himself at some point. This is all according to Katherine Jackson. The information is in the Rabbi Shmuley book, p. 216-217. You can read the book here:
    <!-- m -->https://acrobat.com/#d=CRHVhMduSl6QOTdJW22uzQ<!-- m -->
    (Thanks to applehead250609 for the link!)

Katherine said that Michael disfellowshipping himself was painful to her, especially since he did it without consulting or notifying her...

Don't take this the wrong but why did he needed to consult with her? I understand that is his mother and all but MJ is an adult man and he made a decision.
    Anyway, MJ lived a very Christian life.. MJ tried his hardest to walk in the word. He talked a lot about what was in the Christian Bible and not was in the Jehovas book. He did celebrate Christmas and birthdays and all the while praised Jesus and tried to imitate that in his every day life. Also, he got saved which is a VERY Christian thing to do. He attended Christian churches a lot with Steve Harvey and Chris Tucker. He was also saved in the presence of Steve Harvey and Andre Crouch... MJ had already done it in 2003 and Rodney Jerkins asked MJ about it and MJ said that he was already saved. Rodney was concerned about that and MJ told him he had already done it. Usually when we speak about things we tend to say what we are first. For instance, whether you are white or black.. I am white so of course I say white first.. Also, that was a Christian memorial service.

[youtube:2lu5gztg]
    what do u mean when u say he got saved <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

When you hear the term "saved" that means that someone accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. They accepted Christ's Salvation. Salvation=deliverance.

Romans 10: Quote "For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 or “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? [3] And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
  • Michael Jackson was raised a Jehovas Witness but he left the church innthe early 90's. Someone so full of love could not be in a religion so oppressive and hateful.

Being a Christian and being a JW are 2 different things. Like the Mormons, they read the same book but have their own twist on it. After all, people with black skin are considered cursed since they represent those who sided with Satan when Jesus and Satan were fighting for earth. I'm not saying JWs believe the same thing but not believing in a hell when the Bible mentions it over and over and only believing 144,000 will make it to God while the rest go to paradise is a bit against the scriptures. If there is no hell where do the sinners go? Where do the people who don't believe in God go?

Michael was also not a Muslim. The Muslim religion is full of hate, violence and prejudges that even the thought that Michael converted to Islam is a curse upon the man. Islam for a lack of a better word is shit. It isn't a religion of peace, the peace they speak of is when the whole word becomes Islamic, not living with others and accepting their differences.

There is a reason Muslim blow things up while other religions are peaceful about differences - annoying to some but they do not cause physical harm.
    Well if you believe in the hoax and the numerology and such, then you would obviously see that faith i.e. religion is a huge factor in Michaels life. That being said I think this is an appropriate discussion to have. I grew up very similar to Michael in terms of religion ect., and for those saying JW's are NOT christians are wrong. I have many books with me that also say so. Essentially JW's believe Jesus died for us and our sins, he was ressurrected and ofcourse through Jehovah and Jesus we are "saved". I agree with deedee, the post comparing JW's to a cult is completely ignorant and slanderous. It is doing what we all know Michael didnt agree with and that is spreading false propaganda. Everyone is free to believe what they like, but if you understand the JW religion then you know everything Michael talked about was very much the same beliefs i.e. "immitating Jesus, being generous, loving and humble". From what I understand Michaels faith was JW as late as 2008. He spoke about Jehovah being his strength going through the trials and such which is what I read in an interview. To people also saying he celebrated holidays ect., it is something that isn't uncommon. Im sure he did it for the celebration, to have fun and let his kids experience the joy of it, and to not feel isolated. In my family we did things similar, we dont celebrate holidays but did in our own way to get the family together etc. So it could be he was celebrating the holidays for the simple feelings of happiness, fun and just to celebrate, rather than the actual meaning for people who do.

For every JW that i have spoken to, no they didn't believe that. They do believe in Jesus, I agree but as far as his resurrection from the dead, from many of them that I have talked to no.

[youtube:391o3h4i]

When you hear the term "saved" that means that someone accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. They accepted Christ's Salvation. Salvation=deliverance.

Romans 10: Quote "For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 or “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? [3] And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

thank you . i am glad you were here to pick up on this. i am not able to always find the text that is needed for the response.