#ElvisAndMJdotcom continuing on July 8

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Gotta go to work, be beack tonight. Keep up the good work, keep tweeting!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    I can continue after work which is July 6,evening. I have got a question though- What is the purpose of this? Bring Michael back or what?

• Had my coffee and started tweeting again!
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    I can continue after work which is July 6,evening. I have got a question though- What is the purpose of this? Bring Michael back or what?

it's been asked of us. why not? it doesn't take long. it doesn't cost anything. it doesn't hurt anyone. if this is what michael wants, whether it is for him to come back or not, why NOT do it?

Keep the Faith & the Tweets.
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Really, it's to get more people to read the forum and
    end up like us. In a padded cell. ( <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->) JK.
    Like us, people who think for ourselves and don't believe
    the tabloids and media.
    That's in my opinion, of course.
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    For a Twitter virgin like me, this is SO confusing!

Right, I tweeted 70 something times last night (UK), and this morning have retweeted Souza's tweet and 'favourite starred' it as well.

Seems like number of contributers is more important than number of tweets, and I don't know how I can increase numbers. I have no 'followers' and don't know anyone who tweets.

Is it worthwhile me tweeting again this morning? Is there anything more I can do?
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126

Right, I tweeted 70 something times last night (UK), and this morning have retweeted Souza's tweet and 'favourite starred' it as well.

Seems like number of contributers is more important than number of tweets, and I don't know how I can increase numbers. I have no 'followers' and don't know anyone who tweets.

Is it worthwhile me tweeting again this morning? Is there anything more I can do?

you could open couple of more accounts on twitter to increase number of contributors
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111

you could open couple of more accounts on twitter to increase number of contributors

Thanks for the suggestion. Opened two more accounts - god, it's hard to find an unused username! Must go to work now.
    i've got 4 usernames. am i insane? cause i'm working my way to lucky number 7. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

edit: now i have 5 because i don't even remember all the usernames and passwords
  • MO_1219MO_1219 Posts: 87
    Just keep tweeting XD~
    my id is over limit...resign a new one and keep on tweeting now~ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • missy_missymissy_missy Posts: 108
    just signed up for another account. have three now. noticed you cant use the same email more than once

signed up for my 3rd as well. oh we're gonna do this!
    The e-mail doesn't have to be real.
    You can make an account by typing a bunch of gibberish,
    Then adding "@hotmail.com" to the end.
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

but what about the confirmation email?
  • i created another account with a fake email so i cant retweet but i contributed to get the topic trending <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

nevermind it finally let me retweet lol
  • Just keep tweeting XD~
    my id is over limit...resign a new one and keep on tweeting now~ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That's the spirit!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    u can tweet without confirming the email?
  • PheebzzPheebzz Posts: 683

yes

yes

oh thanks i didnt know that! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    how long are you in twitter jail for? <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> i mean, i made my 7th account so i'm still tweeting, but i still miss my original.
  • sweetgirlsweetgirl Posts: 6
    If it is important to all at the same time we should set a specific time again. And open explorer and firefox at the same time, so we directly double. Even so I have already a lot of accounts.
    We have to get this insurance, this is the evidence that Michael needs to know that we will be there.
    CAME ON!!
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Source: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/trending-elvisandmjdotcom/

Hey guys,

I am just baffled why this is not trending yet so I decided to do some digging around into what makes things trend and what I can notice from existing trends.

First off, I want to give some props! These are the people who did the most tweeting today! *round of applause*

topcontribs.jpg

Ok so here is the stat page for #ElvisandMJdotcom:

http://wthashtag.com/Elvisandmjdotcom

elvisandmjdotcom.jpg

Now here are the current hastags that are trending… in no particular order…

#ghettobabynames

ghettobabynames.jpg

#idefinitelydont

idefinitelydont.jpg

#wewontlast

wewontlast.jpg

As you can see, we are right up there in the number of tweets of ElvisandMJdotcom. Where we are lacking is the number of contributors! We are being dwarfed in this area.

So here’s what I propose:

1. Those who are tweeting fanatics, keep tweeting! We need the numbers of tweets to stay high!

2. Of the 488 contributors we have, put out a tweet begging for each one of your followers to just tweet #ElvisandMJdotcom just once!

If each one of the 488 could just get 20-30 people to do this, we would go from 488 contributors to thousands which is what we need to trend!

Just a thought! Let me know what you think!
    Source: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/trending-elvisandmjdotcom/

Hey guys,

I am just baffled why this is not trending yet so I decided to do some digging around into what makes things trend and what I can notice from existing trends.

First off, I want to give some props! These are the people who did the most tweeting today! *round of applause*

topcontribs.jpg

Ok so here is the stat page for #ElvisandMJdotcom:

http://wthashtag.com/Elvisandmjdotcom

elvisandmjdotcom.jpg

Now here are the current hastags that are trending… in no particular order…

#ghettobabynames

ghettobabynames.jpg

#idefinitelydont

idefinitelydont.jpg

#wewontlast

wewontlast.jpg

As you can see, we are right up there in the number of tweets of ElvisandMJdotcom. Where we are lacking is the number of contributors! We are being dwarfed in this area.

So here’s what I propose:

1. Those who are tweeting fanatics, keep tweeting! We need the numbers of tweets to stay high!

2. Of the 488 contributors we have, put out a tweet begging for each one of your followers to just tweet #ElvisandMJdotcom just once!

If each one of the 488 could just get 20-30 people to do this, we would go from 488 contributors to thousands which is what we need to trend!

Just a thought! Let me know what you think!

<!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> what if you signed up for twitter to do this and nobody is following you? i've already made 8 accounts...
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    What I am doing to hit the curiosity of readers is adding in my tweets a top 3 a trending topic. I.E: #idefinitelydont believe what the media is feeding us with. I´ll tell you why at #ElvisandMJdotcom

I hope more people get to know all the suffering Michael had to endure leading him up to a tragic death.
    i've got 4 usernames. am i insane? cause i'm working my way to lucky number 7. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

edit: now i have 5 because i don't even remember all the usernames and passwords

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That´s a good trick.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    i've already tweeted 110 times and will go on till the end of the day <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I think I'm in twitter jail
    Twitterina is a nitemare.