Starting the www.elvisandmj.com media rally

Comments

• Done. I had to send a few at a time. Yahoo gave me the big BLOCKO because it was too long of recipients. But, that is okay, I still sent it, just broke it up into four parts.
  • oh, and i got an e-mail reply from Charles Thomson:
    This is the 12th copy of this email I have received in the last hour. Could you please ask your group to stop sending it to me? I've got it now.

Charles Thomson

oops.

I'll remove his email address from the list. Thanks for the confirmation Mr. Thomson!
  • MJsFan4EverMJsFan4Ever Posts: 334
    I'LL DO THAT RIGHT NOW! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • e-mailed & tweeted!

i have been banned from hotmail for 24 hours for sending a ton of e-mails. i guess it's a good thing i have 2 e-mail accounts <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> . some of the e-mails came back, but i did the entire list. My subject line was "Hot Tip: Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson Still Alive." I wanted it to look like they were getting an inside scoop and not spam. it's all for you michael!!!!!!!

okay a question about the twitter...i put the "@ at the end of the message, do those people still get it? i don't know anything about twitter, since i joined just for this cause. can someone tell me if they still get it? otherwise i can do the @" at the beginning of the message.

oh, and i got an e-mail reply from Charles Thomson:
    This is the 12th copy of this email I have received in the last hour. Could you please ask your group to stop sending it to me? I've got it now.

Charles Thomson

oops.
    hahaha I better be seeing a story from Charles Thomson then or hes gonna get alot of emails of a different kind. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    e-mailed & tweeted!

i have been banned from hotmail for 24 hours for sending a ton of e-mails. i guess it's a good thing i have 2 e-mail accounts <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> . some of the e-mails came back, but i did the entire list. My subject line was "Hot Tip: Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson Still Alive." I wanted it to look like they were getting an inside scoop and not spam. it's all for you michael!!!!!!!

okay a question about the twitter...i put the "@ at the end of the message, do those people still get it? i don't know anything about twitter, since i joined just for this cause. can someone tell me if they still get it? otherwise i can do the @" at the beginning of the message.

oh, and i got an e-mail reply from Charles Thomson:

Charles Thomson

oops.
    hahaha I better be seeing a story from Charles Thomson then or hes gonna get alot of emails of a different kind. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

That would be great, I think Charles is one of the best journalists there is at the moment.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MJsFan4EverMJsFan4Ever Posts: 334
    Done! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • emeraldcityemeraldcity Posts: 222
    Have sent off the emails and so far have only had 14 returned. It took a while to think of a subject title, but I finally came up with a reasonably good one. I changed the first paragraph just a little bit (the part about scratching behind the ears ... only because we don't use that particular phrase here in Australia ) but the rest was perfect. Thanks Souza & Mo and the others who contributed to drafting the email - you've done a fantastic job! Let's hope that amongst all the people we have contacted there will be those who will give this story some serious thought and decide to do further research into it. IT'S ALL FOR L.O.V.E. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I've been chatting with CE Thomson on twitter and he is getting very upset with all the emails flooding his inbox. He asked me if I would tell you guys to please stop.

CEThomson

@TouchedByAngelM I've seen the campaign on the hoax forum. If you're a member, could you please ask people to stop mailing me?

He has whatever info you have been mailing him, but doesn't want it in duplicate. Please ease up on him. He seems like a nice guy and has been very kind in his responses to me. He doesn't appear interested at this point, but perhaps he will look into it and change his mind.

Love & Light

Touched By An Angel

<!-- m -->http://twitter.com/TouchedByAngelM<!-- m -->
  • Mj5StarChickMj5StarChick Posts: 939
    Superb!!! Done&Done <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> !!!
    I support this allll the way <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Let's get this show on the road wooot woot <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> !!!
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    I have done all the emails also! I'm so glad to see people helping out! I'm still not feeling well, so I may have to do twitter later tonight or first thing in the morning, but I will get it done! Love you guys! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

*EDIT
    I just did all the twitter addresses also!! Lets hope this get some people interested!!
  • I've been chatting with CE Thomson on twitter and he is getting very upset with all the emails flooding his inbox. He asked me if I would tell you guys to please stop.

CEThomson

@TouchedByAngelM I've seen the campaign on the hoax forum. If you're a member, could you please ask people to stop mailing me?

He has whatever info you have been mailing him, but doesn't want it in duplicate. Please ease up on him. He seems like a nice guy and has been very kind in his responses to me. He doesn't appear interested at this point, but perhaps he will look into it and change his mind.

Love & Light

Touched By An Angel

<!-- m -->http://twitter.com/TouchedByAngelM<!-- m -->

Hi TouchedByAnAngel,

Can you please let Mr. Thomson know that I removed him from the email list 45 minutes ago..? Thank you!
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    emailing now
  • emeraldcityemeraldcity Posts: 222
    I have done all the emails also! I'm so glad to see people helping out! I'm still not feeling well, so I may have to do twitter later tonight or first thing in the morning, but I will get it done! Love you guys! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

*EDIT
    I just did all the twitter addresses also!! Lets hope this get some people interested!!

Hope you're feeling better soon! Lots of love, Emerald xo
  • This is AWESOME!
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    Emailed! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> gonna tweet now.
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    Hi Souza, I used the Twitlonger method and it appears that our intended recipients would only see the tweet in their @replies if their @usernames are mentioned in the first 140 characters of the twitlonger tweet.

I think we may have to tweet them one by one for them to see our tweet. it's tedious but i'm not sure if there's another way around this.
  • KacyLovesMJKacyLovesMJ Posts: 197
    I'm so glad this is working for so many people. I have sit here and tried to do this but hotmail isn't letting me. Every time I click send, it tells me to edit the number of people I'm sending to. I even put just a few of them in there and tried that and it wouldn't work. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to send? I really don't wanna have to send it 1 person at a time.... LOL
    Hi Souza, I used the Twitlonger method and it appears that our intended recipients would only see the tweet in their @replies if their @usernames are mentioned in the first 140 characters of the twitlonger tweet.

I think we may have to tweet them one by one for them to see our tweet. it's tedious but i'm not sure if there's another way around this.

Where does it say that? Gonna test that, brb.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I'm so glad this is working for so many people. I have sit here and tried to do this but hotmail isn't letting me. Every time I click send, it tells me to edit the number of people I'm sending to. I even put just a few of them in there and tried that and it wouldn't work. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to send? I really don't wanna have to send it 1 person at a time.... LOL

Create a G-mail account <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Ah, G-mail, never had an account there. Getting right to it. Thanks Souza. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Edit: Sent! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030

Ah, G-mail, never had an account there. Getting right to it. Thanks Souza. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Edit: Sent! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

just for future notice kacy, i have hotmail as well and had the same problem. i had to send about 5 group messages to include everyone. they even made me verify my account 3 times. my only suggestion is that you have to break it up because it won't let you send to over 100 people at once.
    I edited the original post, but for the once that already tweeted and will probably only read the new comments:

UPDATE!! It appears that our intended recipients would only see the tweet in their @replies if their @usernames are mentioned in the first 140 characters of the twitlonger tweet.

So it should be: 1 tweet with the text "IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ & RT" first, then recipient's account (or a few, as long as it's less then 140 charachters in total), then the e-mail text. The rest with the recipients first, otherwise you will spam your followers. I tweeted 3 accounts at the time, to be safe. If you use the back-button of your browser and ctrl C/ctrl V it's 5 to 10 minutes work, could've been worse. I thought I had figured out an easier way, my bad.

just for future notice kacy, i have hotmail as well and had the same problem. i had to send about 5 group messages to include everyone. they even made me verify my account 3 times. my only suggestion is that you have to break it up because it won't let you send to over 100 people at once.

Yeah it told me that first, so I removed a lot of them to send in separate groups and it still wouldn't let me. lol But it's ok, I sent to everyone at once with G-mail. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Done! This is so exciting! xP
  • vercorsvercors Posts: 148
    Done with the E-Mails, twitter will follow...
    So that's really exciting cause you have to sign this E-Mail with your real name.
    Have a nice day (mine has just begun <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> )
    vercors