Bodyguards Follow Prince and Paris Jackson Around New School

13»

Comments

• I have yet to see any photos showing the kids entering the school....this is VERY VERY ODD guys. I mean come on! This would create a major stir for photos...the person that got the first shot well that picture would be worth $$$

So iam not totally convinced....if however they have made an appearance at the school I think it will be short lived. Unfortunately these kids are NOT normal kids, they are Michael's kids. As much as they probably want to be normal they know they will never have a normal childhood. It's sad yes but everyone has to adjust to their life and the choices they make or adults make for them.
  • bodyguards to school, bodyguards afterschool, but not during school! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> in a well protected private school there is no reason to have bodyguards... that would make the experience more awkward than not attending at all... I would be intimidated if I was a kid who wanted to befriend the MJ kids in school, but would be afraid of the "big burly grown ups" that follow them around.... <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> then how can they have a how was school today convo if the bodyguards can answer for them... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • This makes no sense. The children of celebrities and other high profile people do not have to attend school with body guards. Secret Service agents accompany the President's kids but that is a different category altogether. No body guards are required for a celebrity's kid since their schools are often highly secured and off limits to the general public. Does anyone really believe that a kidnapper can just enter the school where some billionaire big shot Hollywood exec's kid attends? Not likely. What would be the purpose of having body guards when these schools are not easily accessible to regular everyday people. Pffft...these places probably have the lunchtime kitchen staff sign all sorts of confidentiality agreements and pass major background checks. I'm not onboard with this story.
  • As for the comment/question about why no students have taken a photo of either kid from their cell phones, it could be that the school's policy doesn't allow their students to have their phones turned on during school hours. There is NO REASON why a child needs to be on the phone during class and I think more schools should implement this policy. Or maybe their classmates are actually exhibiting more respect for them than the adult media of this country does! Also, the class sizes at this school are quite small so not only are the kids probably getting to know their classmates on a personal/friendly level and are respecting their privacy, the teachers can monitor the student's behavior much easier than teachers at public schools where they may have 30 or more kids in a class at a given time. This could also be a big reason for the bodyguards. They can keep their eyes on what's going on around the kids even during times of the day when they are walking through the halls, having lunch, etc.

I agree that cell phones shouldn't be on during school hours...I am a teacher and cell phones are not allowed to be on in school, but that doesn't mean kids don't sneak them out when they aren't in class. Kids are kids.....and they will try to get away with things if they aren't being watched closely. And there's no way to be able to see every little thing that every student does every minute of every day. I would be happy to hear that if Paris and Prince are there, the other students are giving them the respect and not taking pics of them.

I agree with you except that the Buckley School website indicates that the typical student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so it does seem like it would be harder for students to get on the phone unnoticed there. Students can be sneaky though. I teach college and even though I specify that phones need to be turned off in class, I still catch students discreetly texting with their phones in their laps from time to time.

I do wonder what the cell phone policy is in an upscale Private School like Buckley though. It is quite possible that the students aren't allowed to have them at all, or at the very least if they are caught with their phones out, the phone is taken to the office until the end of the day.

Maybe the other students are slightly intimidated by the bodyguards and just don't even attempt to take a photo. Of course, school has also only been in session for a couple of weeks so there is still a long school year ahead for someone to try to snap a photo. Sadly, unless phones are just simply not allowed on the campus, I suspect that a photo will emerge at some point.
  • I have yet to see any photos showing the kids entering the school....this is VERY VERY ODD guys. I mean come on! This would create a major stir for photos...the person that got the first shot well that picture would be worth $$$

So iam not totally convinced....if however they have made an appearance at the school I think it will be short lived. Unfortunately these kids are NOT normal kids, they are Michael's kids. As much as they probably want to be normal they know they will never have a normal childhood. It's sad yes but everyone has to adjust to their life and the choices they make or adults make for them.

I don't think the lack of a photo of them entering the school is odd at all. Prince and Paris are most likely driven right up to the entrance of the school (which doesn't sit right along a road, but rather further in on the campus, which is 19 acres). Paparazzi can't just linger outside of the entrance like they do at restaurants, museums, movie theaters, hotels, etc. And there is no reason why the kids can't be normal kids and attend school. Other celebrity's kids do, as do the President's kids.
  • This makes no sense. The children of celebrities and other high profile people do not have to attend school with body guards. Secret Service agents accompany the President's kids but that is a different category altogether. No body guards are required for a celebrity's kid since their schools are often highly secured and off limits to the general public. Does anyone really believe that a kidnapper can just enter the school where some billionaire big shot Hollywood exec's kid attends? Not likely. What would be the purpose of having body guards when these schools are not easily accessible to regular everyday people. Pffft...these places probably have the lunchtime kitchen staff sign all sorts of confidentiality agreements and pass major background checks. I'm not onboard with this story.

I agree with you. I really do think it is excessive, although Michael was/is a bit paranoid at times. Actually, the fact that there are bodyguards accompanying the kids around school supports the hoax to me. This act has Michael written all over it.
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I agree with you except that the Buckley School website indicates that the typical student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so it does seem like it would be harder for students to get on the phone unnoticed there. Students can be sneaky though. I teach college and even though I specify that phones need to be turned off in class, I still catch students discreetly texting with their phones in their laps from time to time.

I do wonder what the cell phone policy is in an upscale Private School like Buckley though. It is quite possible that the students aren't allowed to have them at all, or at the very least if they are caught with their phones out, the phone is taken to the office until the end of the day.

Maybe the other students are slightly intimidated by the bodyguards and just don't even attempt to take a photo. Of course, school has also only been in session for a couple of weeks so there is still a long school year ahead for someone to try to snap a photo. Sadly, unless phones are just simply not allowed on the campus, I suspect that a photo will emerge at some point.

Well hello from one educator to another! 8:1 ratio is pretty astonishing! That would make it a bit more difficult to get away with things with a ratio like that.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm not sure the kids were in fact living with their Grandma at Encino the whole time, and now I'm not sure they're going to the Buckley school either. Similar to we don't think Michael's body is at Forest Lawn, Glendale. That's just my gut feeling. These are ununusual times for Michael's kids but this is the family they were born into and they've been groomed since birth (I'm sure happy too). The best we can hope for are some comments from students who go to the school posting on facebook about what they see. Just a comment from my perspective as a homeschooling mom, that up to about the age of 13 to 15 the kids are mostly happy to comply and do what parents suggest, but after that are increasingly wanting to make their own choices and be with their friends more. The timing of this hoax may include that, because Michael knows that at 15 or so they'll want to bust out on their own and be their own person and fulfill their own dreams. For now, this hoax is a MJ and kids enterprise, with extended family and friends having supporting roles.
  • you know what just cropped up in my crazy head. anyone remember on the double threads. the time when the concentration was on the green jacket? the kids were there . it seemed to me at that time that the kids were wearing school uniforms. so it would be easier for them to attend a school before michael revealed them. i know he was ask by bashir about sending them to school and michael said never. but also makes more sense that he would want them to be able to have what he couldn't. i know no one wants to think he wouldn't tell the truth but when you consider the circumstances .
  • katrine wanted the kids to go to a private school so they could make friends there own age don't u think tat a bad idea cause the children in tat school will want to be friends wit them because of who they are and who there dad is so they will probly have no real friends
  • MJs kids are not the only ones who face the fact the ugly truth that there are people who want to befriend them because of their rich and/or famous parent(s). That's a major reason why I believe that MJs kids are not attending a regular public school but an exclusive school with children of millionaires and billionaires. MJs kids are better suited within an environment where other kids face the same challenges. In that sort of environment all of the kids are free to be themselves without having to feel suspicious of other kid's motives. MJs kids will make friends with kids who are much more like them.
    katrine wanted the kids to go to a private school so they could make friends there own age don't u think tat a bad idea cause the children in tat school will want to be friends wit them because of who they are and who there dad is so they will probly have no real friends
  • I have mixed emotions about it all. It is very important for them to acquire social skills, and if they are students at Buckley I'm not sure that I'm in favor of the idea--albeit a good one. Although they are "The J2", you'd think that their peers wouldn't be star struck. Their parents may not be the biggest stars in the world, but they have been exposed to wealth. What bothers me is that Prince and Paris were raised in a bubble, their peers weren't. Kids are cruel and once they've become seasoned students and the cattiness ensues, the thought of them attempting to address issues regarding their DNA or Michael's issues makes my stomach turn. This totally feels like another one of Michael's bricklayers for the HOAX. Forest Lawn and Buckely are definitely on the payroll. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I have mixed emotions about it all. It is very important for them to acquire social skills, and if they are students at Buckley I'm not sure that I'm in favor of the idea--albeit a good one. Although they are "The J2", you'd think that their peers wouldn't be star struck. Their parents may not be the biggest stars in the world, but they have been exposed to wealth. What bothers me is that Prince and Paris were raised in a bubble, their peers weren't. Kids are cruel and once they've become seasoned students and the cattiness ensues, the thought of them attempting to address issues regarding their DNA or Michael's issues makes my stomach turn. This totally feels like another one of Michael's bricklayers for the HOAX. Forest Lawn and Buckely are definitely on the payroll. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

According to what Paris said in the Oprah interview, the other kids at school don't treat her any differently than anyone else and they don't care that she is Michael's daughter. In fact, I think Katherine even mentioned in that same interview that Prince and Paris have even had some of their classmates over to the house to hang out. I do not think that the Buckley School is in any way involved in the hoax. They are a very prestigious, reputable school, with a lot of students who come from very well to do families, and I just can't see them playing a part in this hoax. JMO of course.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm just not 100% sure Prince and Paris were completely honest. When they talked about Snickers, Skittle, and Coka Cola it kinda gave me the feeling they were saying lines in a skit. Prince wants to produce movies, and Paris wants an acting career. Yah like right now already! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> The only pics TMZ has put up are the ones of Prince volunteering with the school to help box stuff for a charity. I'm still uncertain about this school issue.
  • I'm just not 100% sure Prince and Paris were completely honest. When they talked about Snickers, Skittle, and Coka Cola it kinda gave me the feeling they were saying lines in a skit. Prince wants to produce movies, and Paris wants an acting career. Yah like right now already! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> The only pics TMZ has put up are the ones of Prince volunteering with the school to help box stuff for a charity. I'm still uncertain about this school issue.

Exactly, there's no proof, just hear-say from the media <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • I'm still uncertain about this school issue.

Exactly, there's no proof, just hear-say from the media, as I posted in this thread on Sept 1st. I mean, I still believe it is a media lie, until it's proven the opposite.
  • Exactly!!!! Buckley may be a prestigious school for the "well to do", but in this economy every business has a price. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I'm still uncertain about this school issue.

Exactly, there's no proof, just hear-say from the media, as I posted in this thread on Sept 1st. I mean, I still believe it is a media lie, until it's proven the opposite.