Michael and Marijuana

Comments

• Ah yes you must be careful when obtaining maryj because some people "lace" it with other drugs.

The people I've seen get messed up, is usually when they are going through something awful and they just decide to smoke pot all day ignore whatever the problem is, making the problem bigger and bigger until it suddenly explodes in their face.

OR

People who will smoke, snort, syringe ANYTHING just to get high, and marijuana just happens to be one in the mix. But I don't think that really counts for much.

Like I said, for me, for "normal" indiviuals (if you can call me normal <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ) with no major issues, it's usually just the awakening in general that can be a difficult process (but extraordinary). Not direct side effects of marijuana.
  • @jaci Hey, what did you expect? I'm Dutch! We are known for our tulips, cheese, windmills, wooden shoes and most of all: coffee shops and controversial drug policy <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Just to clarify: I am against (syntetic and dangerous) recreational drug use. I think it's irresponsible and stupid. I also don't think you should be high on pot every minute of the day, but a joint every now and then has never harmed a soul, helps you relax and sleep when you had a bad day and it relieves pain.

It harms the government though, because people seem to get a clearer mind from it and start to question and think. Look at the hippies and their big demonstrations back in the days.

@SIC: That's a misconception. It depends though on where you buy it. If they mixed it with other stuff, it can of course have different side effects. Pure canabis does not have that side effects. I used to smoke a joint sometimes and still every once in a blue moon, and all it ever did to me, is making me laugh so hard it makes my sides hurt, becoming very philosophical, my senses increase: it's like everything makes more sense and after an hour or 2 I get sleepy and need to go to bed. I have never seen anyone become violent from it, other than what I have seen happening with people using cocaine or XTC.

Ah okay. I figure it must be from marijuana that's laced like you say. I heard about laced drugs before.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    This is all very fascinating!!! :O I'm still a little confused though. Isn't smoking weed different for everyone? I've heard of people flipping out, wanting to fight, becoming dull, etc. Side effects, that is. Isn't it true that you get a few side effects from smoking it or is that a misconception? Also can't you get a contact high from it (standing around someone who smokes it and inhaling the fumes)? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Urban legends. People blame a lot of things except themselves and their own lack of self discipline. I used to smoke weed and do my psychics homework in college. I got straight As in that class.
  • This is all very fascinating!!! :O I'm still a little confused though. Isn't smoking weed different for everyone? I've heard of people flipping out, wanting to fight, becoming dull, etc. Side effects, that is. Isn't it true that you get a few side effects from smoking it or is that a misconception? Also can't you get a contact high from it (standing around someone who smokes it and inhaling the fumes)? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Urban legends. People blame a lot of things except themselves and their own lack of self discipline. I used to smoke weed and do my psychics homework in college. I got straight As in that class.

Straight As? Awesome! xD =D
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    This thread is awesome! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

A while back I was freshly smoked up and came onto this site and typed a reply to a post in the TMZ subforum...it was late at night and half an hour later I went to TIAI and found that my post was the re-direct for that day! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

The herb can expand our minds to the possibilities!
  • This thread is awesome! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

A while back I was freshly smoked up and came onto this site and typed a reply to a post in the TMZ subforum...it was late at night and half an hour later I went to TIAI and found that my post was the re-direct for that day! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

lol, I also may or may not be guilty of this... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • JudeJude Posts: 452

I believe, in fact I know, that it opens up another level of conciousness. I could write a movie script with the stuff that goes through my mind .

Ya, I'm sure I'm not the only one!

@Jude - Do you write down your thoughts when you got your glow on? I do sometimes and then I'll look at them later on and think WTF...but that's not a bad thing!

Ya, I'm sure I'm not the only one!

@Jude - Do you write down your thoughts when you got your glow on? I do sometimes and then I'll look at them later on and think WTF...but that's not a bad thing!

No I havn't, but I should , because like you said, WTF? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I'd be interested to hear anyone's opinions on magic mushrooms as we are talking about higher levels of awareness on this thread.
    The effects of hallucinogenic mushrooms are of toxic nature on the body and the brain. That's not higher awareness in my book. That's just poisoning yourself in low doses.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I'd be interested to hear anyone's opinions on magic mushrooms as we are talking about higher levels of awareness on this thread.

No experience with mushrooms, sorry.

@bec That depends on the mushroom:

Psilocybin mushrooms are non-addictive and rarely abused. They do create short-term increases in tolerance of users, thus making it difficult to abuse them since the more often they're taken, less effects take place. Poisonous (sometimes lethal) wild picked mushrooms can be easily mistaken for psilocybin mushrooms, but true psilocybin mushrooms are non-toxic, and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, a branch of the Center for Disease Control, rated psilocybin less toxic than aspirin.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_mushrooms<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

No experience with mushrooms, sorry.

@bec That depends on the mushroom:

Psilocybin mushrooms are non-addictive and rarely abused. They do create short-term increases in tolerance of users, thus making it difficult to abuse them since the more often they're taken, less effects take place. Poisonous (sometimes lethal) wild picked mushrooms can be easily mistaken for psilocybin mushrooms, but true psilocybin mushrooms are non-toxic, and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, a branch of the Center for Disease Control, rated psilocybin less toxic than aspirin.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_mushrooms<!-- m -->

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info Souza.
  • As with marijuana, the effects of mushrooms can vary. Marijuana can make you giddy, happy, philosophical, paranoid or just plain hungry. Mushrooms can also make you giddy or philosophical or even both at the same time. They can bring great clarity and awareness, but you need to be in a happy place mentally because a bad trip can be very, very bad if you are not in the best frame of mind. Also one needs to be able to trust their source because as mentioned above, the wrong type of mushrooms can make you very sick or even kill you.
  • As with marijuana, the effects of mushrooms can vary. Marijuana can make you giddy, happy, philosophical, paranoid or just plain hungry. Mushrooms can also make you giddy or philosophical or even both at the same time. They can bring great clarity and awareness, but you need to be in a happy place mentally because a bad trip can be very, very bad if you are not in the best frame of mind. Also one needs to be able to trust their source because as mentioned above, the wrong type of mushrooms can make you very sick or even kill you.

I've been told about mushrooms before and their hallucinogenic properties or something like that.
  • No experience with mushrooms here either, but I've heard a lot of stories. Sounds like the effects are much more pronounced. My friend said she laid in her bed for 3 hours just staring at some imaginary designs on the ceiling that were not there,laughing and making weird noises, and that's all she remembers. To me that doesn't really sound like fun lol, maybe if I were just there watching someone do that, could potentially be entetaining haha. But I'm more of a thinker and a talker, I don't need drugs to completely escape reality like that (that's what music is for <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ) Oh and not to mention I've been told they taste so nasty that it's hard to even get them down. That's enough right there for me not to experiment, I have a very weak stomach...I'd never survive on Fear Factor <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Marijuana is not difficult to think, on the contrary makes the brain work properly, (this is why it is banned, so people do not think). As a natural sedative is very good, I have insomnia and I've used a few times and I do more because it is prohibited and I will not have problems. Marijuana does not lead to other drugs, as well as water does not lead to whiskey, if you want to try a harder substance is an individual decision in which marijuana has no role.
    Unlike cocaine (the probe once), this was what I felt;
    I had taken alcohol and cocaine consumption the effect of the disappeared, I felt tingling, coldness, and anesthesia in the face, nose and mouth, runny nose and have Sensation of powder to shoulder height, so I Clean this area so persistent.
    Nothing like experience and I do not recommend it to anyone.
  • I think MJ may have been using marijuana for pain relief.
    So popular concensus says,,,, Marijuana is good for you. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • So popular concensus says,,,, Marijuana is good for you. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Lol, I didn't know this thread would be so popular <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Clarity and awareness?! May I assume that whoever agrees with that is probably a pot head? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> People are free to do whatever they want of course but I can't really agree that it's completely harmless. I've seen the bad side of it and it's scary I tell ya. Funny how the way people see things are so different due to things such as what country your from - interesting actually.
  • Clarity and awareness?! May I assume that whoever agrees with that is probably a pot head? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> People are free to do whatever they want of course but I can't really agree that it's completely harmless. I've seen the bad side of it and it's scary I tell ya. Funny how the way people see things are so different due to things such as what country your from - interesting actually.

I agree. This is wrong in many levels, ya'll got me speechless... It seems like you give a f*ck the young people here. Wanna smoke? do it, I don't care, but think before typing, be careful with what you say here please.

I agree. This is wrong in many levels, ya'll got me speechless... It seems like you give a f*ck the young people here. Wanna smoke? do it, I don't care, but think before typing, be careful with what you say here please.

Aloves - what country are you from?

And mjj29 - I've seen and done some joking around, as on every thread. But the information provided is very valuable in my opinion whether you want to "smoke it" or not. It's about all the things it can do, all the things it can heal. Personally if I were a mother, I would rather find out my teenager had smoked pot rather than find him dead in the ditch with his drunk friends. And how many parents do you hear of all the time letting their teens drink? I'm just saying, sometimes we have to tell the truth even to our children. Just like sex - is it better for us to tell them it's a terrible thing and to never EVER do it, or to tell them that it's a very enjoyable thing when protected and with the right person? They are going to be temtped with these things no matter what, and probably try some of these things no matter what. So isn't it better for them to be educated in an HONEST way?

This is a perfect example of how the media has everyone brainwashed into thinking a certain way about something.
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Clarity and awareness?! May I assume that whoever agrees with that is probably a pot head? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> People are free to do whatever they want of course but I can't really agree that it's completely harmless. I've seen the bad side of it and it's scary I tell ya. Funny how the way people see things are so different due to things such as what country your from - interesting actually.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion ..This is the internet and if young influencable people come in here it's not our "problem" , young people shouldn't even be using the internet <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I dont think we are promoting marijuana , we are just saying that we have been lied on and most of the things you hear about it on TV etc is not always true
    So please watch your language and be careful with what you say here too please
    Clarity and awareness?! May I assume that whoever agrees with that is probably a pot head? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> People are free to do whatever they want of course but I can't really agree that it's completely harmless. I've seen the bad side of it and it's scary I tell ya. Funny how the way people see things are so different due to things such as what country your from - interesting actually.

Aloves - what country are you from?

And mjj29 - I've seen and done some joking around, as on every thread. But the information provided is very valuable in my opinion whether you want to "smoke it" or not. It's about all the things it can do, all the things it can heal. Personally if I were a mother, I would rather find out my teenager had smoked pot rather than find him dead in the ditch with his drunk friends. And how many parents do you hear of all the time letting their teens drink? I'm just saying, sometimes we have to tell the truth even to our children. They are going to be temtped with these things no matter what, isn't it better for them to be educated?

This is a perfect example of how the media has everyone brainwashed into thinking a certain way about something.

I agree Jaci.

This whole thread is a mix of important info (which anyone can research elsewhere for themselves if they wish to confirm the info provided) and funny stuff and answering questions that people have on marijuana/hemp. Ultimately, whether someone chooses to "smoke" marijuana or use hemp/hemp oil, it is up to them. I know this thread is controversial but it's not meant to corrupt anybody or cause harm to anybody. I totally respect everyone's opinion and while there was some joking around on here, I'm sure it wasn't intended as an "everybody get high" thread. But just remember this, if THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US, why don't THEY want us smoking/using/benefitting from it?