Jermaine is stranded in Africa. USA refuse to renew passport

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine stranded in Africa after US authorities refuse to renew his passport

MICHAEL Jackson’s brother Jermaine is stranded in Africa after US authorities refused to renew his passport.

The singer, who was in The Jackson 5 with younger brother Michael, was visiting Burkina Faso when his passport expired.

But the government says he cannot return to the US until he pays child support of nearly £60,000.

The 56-year-old has not given any maintenance to Alejandra Genevieve Oaziaza, the mother of his two children, since 2008.

Jackson claims Oaziaza already earns more than him, while she also lives on the family estate in Encino, California.

The musician is appealing for a document from the US embassy to allow him to get home.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... z1AhODr5dd<!-- m -->

Comments

• This is completely off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened with Halima's pregnancy? She didn't appear pregnant in the last (most recent) photo I saw of her, and it seems to me that she would be showing by now. Or did she already have the babies?
  • OMG.. this isnt looking good for Jermaine and explains why he hasnt been tweeting and hasnt been at the courts.
  • hopehope Posts: 543
    More than likely, Michael will be paying for this too, as the money will probably come from his mother whom is supported by Michaels blood,sweat and tears. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Do any of them even have jobs besides Michael, janet and Marlon?
  • More than likely, Michael will be paying for this too, as the money will probably come from his mother whom is supported by Michaels blood,sweat and tears. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Do any of them even have jobs besides Michael, janet and Marlon?

You are right... unfortunately, Jermaine will be bailed out with Michaels money yet again!! Although Katherine is also saying she is skint now, so i wonder.....

If they know whats good for him, they should leave Jermaine to sort his own problems out. I know i shouldnt laugh, but this has made me chuckle. He obviously thinks he is above it all, does our Jermaine.
    Interesting that this woman also has two kids with Randy, but i never hear any trouble with Randy and maintenance issues!!!!

I wonder what Halima is making of all of this????
    More than likely, Michael will be paying for this too, as the money will probably come from his mother whom is supported by Michaels blood,sweat and tears. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Do any of them even have jobs besides Michael, janet and Marlon?

You are right... unfortunately, Jermaine will be bailed out with Michaels money yet again!! Although Katherine is also saying she is skint now, so i wonder.....

If they know whats good for him, they should leave Jermaine to sort his own problems out. I know i shouldnt laugh, but this has made me chuckle. He obviously thinks he is above it all, does our Jermaine.
    Interesting that this woman also has two kids with Randy, but i never hear any trouble with Randy and maintenance issues!!!!

Maybe randy is still at her service and pays her in other ways. OOPS, did I say that <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    No matter what, one way or the other, it will be Michaels money that bails him out in the end. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Jermaine is such an idiot. Why did he go abroad if his passport was about to expire??

Talk about basics...
    :lol: <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Jermaine is such an idiot. Why did he go abroad if his passport was about to expire??

Talk about basics...
    Maybe he wasnt with us long before he made it to the airport. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314

Maybe randy is still at her service and pays her in other ways. OOPS, did I say that <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • There were reports that Jermaine was in court on Monday does anyone know if that is true of did the press confuse the Jackson brothers again?
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    There were reports that Jermaine was in court on Monday does anyone know if that is true of did the press confuse the Jackson brothers again?

I thought they just confused them again. I think it was Jackie and not Jermaine. It's awfully convenient that Jermaine is stranded out of the country while the hearing is going on. I guess he can come home now while we wait for the trial.

So how tall is Jermaine? lol
  • Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine stranded in Africa after US authorities refuse to renew his passport

MICHAEL Jackson’s brother Jermaine is stranded in Africa after US authorities refused to renew his passport.

The singer, who was in The Jackson 5 with younger brother Michael, was visiting Burkina Faso when his passport expired.

But the government says he cannot return to the US until he pays child support of nearly £60,000.

The 56-year-old has not given any maintenance to Alejandra Genevieve Oaziaza, the mother of his two children, since 2008.

Jackson claims Oaziaza already earns more than him, while she also lives on the family estate in Encino, California.

The musician is appealing for a document from the US embassy to allow him to get home.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... z1AhODr5dd<!-- m -->

That makes no sense to me. They are treating him like a felon, but felons are usually extradited. How do they expect to get money from him, if they keep him out of the country?
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    What is interesting to me is that Jermaine is out of the country just as Murray makes his appearance for the prelim. hearing. Hmmmmmmm
  • Melzy777Melzy777 Posts: 501
    What is interesting to me is that Jermaine is out of the country just as Murray makes his appearance for the prelim. hearing. Hmmmmmmm
    hmmmmm indeed, Nefari... Weren't we 'informed' that Jermaine was responsible for Conrad and Michael meeting?
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    More like Conny rips off that noggin of his and shows a very well kept crown of Jermaine hair <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • What is interesting to me is that Jermaine is out of the country just as Murray makes his appearance for the prelim. hearing. Hmmmmmmm

RIGHT? And yet another coincidence... Funny though, my first thought also was, hm. Jermaine IS tall.... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • What on earth is Jermaine thinking? Is he blind, what? You cannot see that your passport is going to be expired? Why doesn't USA want to renew his passport? UNLESS, Michael is in Africa, and he is there to be with him. So this is an excuse to extend his stay. No one will speculate that MJ is in Africa, this excuse is great to keep the hoax under wrap.
    Blessings.
  • There's something fishy going on.......
  • What on earth is Jermaine thinking? Is he blind, what? You cannot see that your passport is going to be expired? Why doesn't USA want to renew his passport? UNLESS, Michael is in Africa, and he is there to be with him. So this is an excuse to extend his stay. No one will speculate that MJ is in Africa, this excuse is great to keep the hoax under wrap.
    Blessings.

The official story is that his passport is flagged due to being behind on the child support (which is done). Like you said, why did he travel with an almost expired passport?
    And yes, I agree about the fact it could be a coverstory.
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    Some media source reported he was there but it wasn't Jermaine,I think this came up in the prelim thread actually..where the hell is Jermaine the airport I mean hospital Jackson?!

Now we know..haha.
  • Some media source reported he was there but it wasn't Jermaine,I think this came up in the prelim thread actually..where the hell is Jermaine the airport I mean hospital Jackson?!

Now we know..haha.

Jermaine is in LA LA LAND. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Personally I think it is another cover story-they are getting so elaborate!to divert attention away from something else...could be one thing or a few things.
    The prelim being a shambles is a prime candidate.
    I mean apart from what was said in court,the family and Murray left a lot to be desired by their overall behaviour during the 6days...it didn't go unoticed
    Murray being out and about not caring too much about being 'whacked' by a crazy MJ fan
    Latoya tweeting relativley happy things like 'it's been interesting,more to come soon!'when she's supposed to of just heard how her brother spent his last moments hooked up to an IV with no pulse
    Janet's team tweeting about her tour instead of what was going on
    non of the family seeming sad at all,Joe with his thumbs up,Jackie smiling..
    Could be to cover something going on as we speak.
    Could be because he is 'visiting' someone...wink wink haha

I think it would be impossible for him to leave the US without it being in date though you know...thinking about it.It gets checked on the way out too,and in the US..there is no messing when it comes to airports.To have booked that flight-and im going to go on and say here..with his financial issues I don;t think JJ packs a private jet-he will have had to of given in his info ,the airline/agent he booked with would have notified him it didn't have enough time left on it and he would need a new one.
    Same as the UK.You are warned by the country you go to you MUST have at least 6months+ on to pass through customs.

Whatever it is,i'm amused by it. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    I hope he took enough hair gel with him to last past his trip....no one has ever seen his hair go au natural.We could possibly find the cause for global warming...
    http://www.african-safari-journals.com/african-visas.html
    African Visas and Passports Requirements:

This African visas and passport requirement information is written with U.S. citizens in mind but other nationalities can also benefit from the general information provided.
    The requirement of having a U.S. passport valid for 6 months is applied across all the countries in Africa except Gambia.
    so unless he went to the Gambia...he should have been told 6months min
    The cost of the different types of visa range between US$7-US$50 and this is assuming that you are making your Africa trip as a tourist.
    Apart from the information here, I have also prepared a list of relevant sites to help you prepare your travel documents correctly such as the US embassy sites and the respective government websites.
    Please understand that African visas approval for your trip is going to take awhile, so give yourself at least 1-2 months of lead time.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1075.html
    ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A valid passport, visa, and evidence of yellow-fever vaccination are required for entry into the country.
    The government of Burkina Faso appeared poised to implement a new visa policy on July 1, 2010. Visas range in duration and cost from a single-entry three-month visa at 94,000 CFA francs ($181.00) to a multiple-year, multiple-entry visa for 262,000 CFA francs ($506.00). The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed the Embassy that these new, higher fees will not apply to U.S. passport holders, but it remains unclear how this new policy will be implemented at borders and at the airport.
    Prior to the new policy’s implementation, visas valid for seven days were available at land borders and for 30 days at the airport; however, both could be converted into visas of up to five years validity at the Direction du Controle des Migrations, a government office in central Ouagadougou.

http://burkina-faso.visahq.com/

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/burkina-faso/passport-visa
    http://www.travelvisasexperts.com/visa_details.php?country=62

Visa requirements and application forms

BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS:
    1.Your actual passport (signed) with at least 6 months of remaining validity beyond the completion of this trip and one blank visa page
    2.One completed visa application - (click for application)
    3.One recent passport-size photo
    4.A copy of flight itinerary or airline ticket
    5.International Certificate of Vaccination (yellow fever)
    6.A business letter (click for sample-PDF) - (click for sample-DOC)
    7.Travel Visas Experts order form (click here)
    *Additional Requirements for Non US Citizens
    Evidence of your immigration status in the USA (e.g. copy of green card or valid visa for the US)

TOURIST REQUIREMENTS:
    1.Your actual passport (signed) with at least 6 months of remaining validity beyond the completion of this trip and one blank visa page
    2.One completed visa application (click for application)
    3. One recent passport-size photo
    4.A copy of flight itinerary or airline ticket
    5.International Certificate of Vaccination (yellow fever)
    6. Travel Visas Experts order form (click here)
    *Additional Requirements for Non US Citizens
    Evidence of your immigration status in the USA (e.g. copy of green card or valid visa for the US

6months...minimum.Regardless of whether you are a Jackson or not.

He wouldn't be given an ultimatum by the US Government,they would get him extrodited back to the US where he would be taken to court and either put in prison or get bail and there would be another hearing about how he should pay it..or something a long those lines.
    His debt has nothing to do with Africa,they would be required to ship him back asap to the US.He might not get another passport whilst in America until he pays but they wouldn't stop him coming back in to pay the thing.He hasn't commited a crime whilst out of the US so he can't go into African prison for a child support debt.

Nearly as funny as the JM drama.
  • Call me crazy (straight jacket may be needed here) but I just pulled up google images of Jermaine Jackson and Conrad Murray and it is uncanny to me how similar their features are. I paid attention to the eyes and the basic "shape" of the face and in looking at that it would not surprise me at all if CM is JJ in disguise. I don't know how to post the pictures here so if someone knows how to do it that would be great, but check it out and let me know what you think...Am I completely losing my mind?
  • techdivatechdiva Posts: 448
    This is completely off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened with Halima's pregnancy? She didn't appear pregnant in the last (most recent) photo I saw of her, and it seems to me that she would be showing by now. Or did she already have the babies?
    I wondered the same thing. But I found out it was just a rumor that she was pregnant.