Oprah Winfrey -- The Day My Show Will End FOREVER

Comments

• starlight30starlight30 Posts: 193
    I know people are hoping MJ comes back for Oprah's final show. How about Jackie comes out and they go to Neverland and get married? If that was really her teenage dream or was it just to have Jackie talk about the song? I dunno. Then Michael is there in disguise with a fedora. lol. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • ok, here are some of my thoughts on your speculations, ignore them if you like <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Oprah never cared for Michael and have been pushing the drug and molestation issue everytime she's interviewed someone close to Michael. Has anyone forgotten that? I'm sure Michael appreciates that, that's why he did so many interviews with her before <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

And everything about this so called "bam". If Michael was/is in danger how could he just plan a bam and come out openly and talk about it on Oprah? Really? And if this so called hoax is a so called film people will be very upset, fans mainly I would guess. Exposing his kids, letting his mum talk about his plastic surgeries, grieving fans (still grieving after 2 years!), costs of fake memorial, fake trial, fake burial ceremony, etc, all for a Film! I think not. So how then, does a bams day fit in with any hoax theory? Any other thoughts?

"See you in July", could it not be as simple as Michael refering to his shows that were meant to take place in 2009? Why can't it just be that simple?

What are your thoughts behind your speculations?

I agree with you. I have never understood why anyone would even think that Oprah is in on the hoax. She obviously doesn't like or respect Michael, so why would he even want her involved? He wouldn't. And, why would she want to interview someone she doesn't even like in her very last show? She wouldn't.

I agree that the family may have used Oprah to show Michael in a different light, but to think that she is working with them is rather absurd, considering her blatant dislike for him. I also still believe that Howard Mann is blackmailing the family over something he found in the storage facility, so I am not even convinced that the family really wanted Katherine and the kids to be interviewed by Oprah in the first place. Remember, Oprah supposedly didn't even want to do the interview until the kids became a part of it.

I sincerely hope that no one is seriously getting their hopes up that Michael is going to "bam" on Oprah's last show, because it isn't going to happen.
  • Maybe he will BAM a few days before your show goes to air and then when her last show airs he will be interviewed at the same time by another person and she will get no viewers. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Oprah..."Queen of Mystery"!
    Oprah Finale Shrouded In Mystery

r-OPRAH-large570.jpgCARYN ROUSSEAU 05/ 5/11 10:52 AM ET

React >
    CHICAGO — Oprah Winfrey has given the world 25 years of poets and politicians, A-list actors and musicians and talk show topics that defined and reflected American culture.

As "The Oprah Winfrey Show" ends, with 16 episodes left as of May 4, her millions of fans around the globe are waiting to see how she will close out a show that engineered a media empire.

Winfrey's producers plan a star-studded, double taping on May 17 at Chicago's United Center. The shows will air May 23 and 24, as Winfrey's second and third-to-last episodes.

The show is dubbed "Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular." Winfrey hates surprises, producers say, but she has agreed to this event.

But for fans, questions remain.

Who will be at the United Center that Tuesday night? Who will be beamed in by satellite or deliver a taped farewell message?

Winfrey has a stable of celebrity friends who have appeared repeatedly on her talk show. John Travolta. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Jennifer Aniston. Chris Rock.

Could the Black Eyed Peas perform, as they did when Winfrey shut down Chicago's Michigan Avenue in 2009?

Then there are the presidents and world leaders: Bill Clinton; George W. Bush; Nelson Mandela. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have already appeared on a special show that aired Monday.

And Winfrey has other well-respected friends who could be possibilities: Maya Angelou; Sidney Poitier; Barbara Walters. Not to mention Winfrey's proteges, who she fostered to their own television stardom, such as Mehmet Oz, Phil McGraw and Nate Berkus.

Kelly Brittain, a 41-year-old mother of three and assistant professor from East Lansing, Mich., has watched Winfrey for decades. In 2000, she attended a taping on phenomenal graduates. Audience members received mortarboard caps; Brittain stores hers in a keepsake box.

"Somehow I know the producers, they're going to absolutely `wow' her," Brittain said.

It has the makings for a major cultural event, said Bill Carroll, expert on the daytime television market for Katz Television in New York.

"It's going to be the top-of-the-top of anybody who is available to go to Chicago on that day," Carroll said. "It's going to be talked about and talked about and watched and talked about."

Harpo Productions received more than 154,000 ticket requests for seats to the event – the United Center's capacity is about 20,000. There was a lottery for seats.

"For a national, international audience that's a small number," said Marianne Jennings, an Arizona State University professor who has researched the ticket industry for decades.

Tickets for the Chicago taping could be even more coveted than seats for the Super Bowl or World Series, she said.

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime event," Jennings said. "There's something that grips us about that. It's something about being there with the crowd, being there for history."

And Winfrey's talk show history is anything but small: 30,000 guests, 4,500 episodes and 283 items named her "favorite things" in the famous annual giveaway.

But there's still a bigger question: What will Winfrey do for the May 25 finale? Harpo isn't talking, nor is the talk show queen.

Experts suggest the Chicago celebrity blowout means the finale will be in Winfrey's studio for a quieter, more intimate occasion, maybe even without an audience.

"If I were a longtime viewer, I'd want the show to end in a place where I'm most comfortable with her and most familiar," said Janice Peck, author of "The Age of Oprah: Cultural Icon for the Neoliberal Era."

Viewers are looking for a heartfelt connection after having daily interaction with Winfrey for 25 years, Peck said.

"The longtime fans are going to feel cheated if she doesn't somehow honor that history," Peck said. "They want to be crying. They want to feel something, some powerful emotional departure."

Samantha Howsare, 22, of Pittsburgh, who has watched Winfrey since she can remember and named her goldfish "Oprah" when she was 3, said she doesn't know who Winfrey could interview or what Winfrey could give away to make it worthy of the finale.

"I don't want it to feel like it's going to be on tomorrow," Howsare said. "I don't want it to be played down in any way and if she played up it being the last episode right, then it would get a lot of people to cry and that would be a good thing."

A model to look to would be Johnny Carson's final episode as host of "The Tonight Show" in 1992, Carroll said: There were no guests and after his traditional monologue Carson showed a montage of past shows.

"For the better part of the end of the show he sat there on a stool and just talked directly to people at home," Carroll said. "That had so much class to it."

Brittain is among fans who hope that Winfrey will stay on television, thinking there may be a promise of a yearly Oprah Winfrey special or other appearances.

"What would TV be without Oprah on the radar?" Brittain said. "That's hard to fathom. Who now serves as that source of overall inspiration, the infinite possibilities of the impossible?"

___

Online:

<!-- m -->http://www.oprah.com<!-- m -->
    Reference: <!-- m -->http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/0 ... view=print<!-- m -->

Love ~
    mjintrigue2012
  • If she wants her show to go out with a bang...having the same guests isn't really a surprise or special...so it said in the article there will likely be no audiences.
  • puppylovepuppylove Posts: 10
    I saw an article that said her final show will have the most FAMOUS entertainer in the WORLD <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • brunob12brunob12 Posts: 162
    Let's see, we can't be sure of it... but definitely not getting my hopes high.
  • I saw an article that said her final show will have the most FAMOUS entertainer in the WORLD <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->

Thank you for sharing this. Let's take MIchael out of the picture, even though we know he's the most famous entertainer in the world. Who else qualifies as a famous worldwide entertainer. Paul McCartney? Lady Gaga? Prince? Maybe the Osmonds? I guess I'm trying to second guess who it could be that would "wow" the whole audience that would be watching. Personally, as much as I love the above names people (Paul, Prince, etc...) - nothing short of Micheal Jackson would put me on the floor in shock, faint, or excitement.

I am really hopeful that maybe she'll contribute to Michael's vindication but I don't really believe it will happen.

Blessings <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I saw an article that said her final show will have the most FAMOUS entertainer in the WORLD <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->

Thank you for sharing this. Let's take MIchael out of the picture, even though we know he's the most famous entertainer in the world. Who else qualifies as a famous worldwide entertainer. Paul McCartney? Lady Gaga? Prince? Maybe the Osmonds? I guess I'm trying to second guess who it could be that would "wow" the whole audience that would be watching. Personally, as much as I love the above names people (Paul, Prince, etc...) - nothing short of Micheal Jackson would put me on the floor in shock, faint, or excitement.

I am really hopeful that maybe she'll contribute to Michael's vindication but I don't really believe it will happen.

Blessings <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Yes, if we think from a non believer point of view who will be the biggest star?
    Lady Gaga etc. have already been on Oprah...I am guessing Prince or Idk Donald Trump and Barack Obama or something <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ...nothing comes close to MJ...but if it's not him it could be the royal family like William and Kate.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Truth is if she doesn't have Michael Jackson on, which I seriously doubt, then she won't have the biggest or the best. Hype is all it amounts to. I don't watch Oprah anymore. Don't care for her much these days. I'll get the re-cap from people who do.
  • brunob12brunob12 Posts: 162
    Yes, if we think from a non believer point of view who will be the biggest star?
    Lady Gaga etc. have already been on Oprah...

Well, if at least she had said 'the biggest star alive'... she still would be wrong.

Seriously, it's not because I'm an MJ fan, but the man is the biggest entertainer of HIStory. I honestly don't think someone can take his place, and I'm pretty sure it's not a copy-cat like that who will do.
  • Truth is if she doesn't have Michael Jackson on, which I seriously doubt, then she won't have the biggest or the best. Hype is all it amounts to. I don't watch Oprah anymore. Don't care for her much these days. I'll get the re-cap from people who do.

I know how you feel, and I agree. I don't watch her either and I won't be watching the last show. My reason is because I don't want to add to any rating numbers that makes her think she's the reason I have turned on the tv...which would be false assumption. Also, I don't want to add to any increase in rating that may put it over the number that tuned into watch the MJ interview with her. I want to keep his show as her highest ratings.

Now, if I knew for fact MJ would be on that show - for sure I'd tune it.

My biggest dread is that it will be someone like Bieber or Miley and not only would that be wrong (they are far from the biggest entertainer) but if they get the highest ratings that would also be wrong. I hope people think about it before tuning in to her last show.
  • Steph22Steph22 Posts: 150
    I don't think MJ will be on the last Oprah show. Although, you never know <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Could come as a surprise to all of us. who knows.
    But why would he do that? That woman doesn't even like him much. All the interviews she did recently with people that are affiliated with Michael were just for her ratings. I don't think she cared for him more after his "death" than she did before the "death".
    And just think of how many people would have to be in on that. The whole Oprah production team etc. That's just too many people. This would be too dangerous as they would know well in advance. The chance of someone talking about it in public is just way too big.
    I'm not saying it's not possible. It could be possible since this show will be something really big. But only in America as far as I know. We, here in Germany for example, wouldn't even have the chance to tune in since it's not aired here.
    As for the big entertainer. I have no idea. One can only guess. I thought about the GLEE crew. Would be kinda cool. I don't know if Oprah had them on the show already. And I don't know if the hype about GLEE is still as big as it was a year ago.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I didn't read every single page of this thread, maybe you guys wrote it but I did read on Twitter that Oprah's last guest is Obama. I wasn't interested to see the details but I think it was announced somewhere. I'm sorry, I don't know the details but I wasn't surprised to see her last guest is Obama. I didn't think that it would be Michael. Did you guys hear anything about this?
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    She just hd Michelle & Barack Obama on last week. Is her mind slippin into darkness <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->
  • puppylovepuppylove Posts: 10
    And he is not considered a star/entertainer.
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    Not sure if this was mentioned. Sorry if it was but couldn't her last guest just be her alone, talking about the last 25 years? That would make the most sense IMO.
  • angranityangranity Posts: 339
    I really hope it's going to be Michael Jackson, - if not.. at least someone of Michael's friends.
  • Not sure if this was mentioned. Sorry if it was but couldn't her last guest just be her alone, talking about the last 25 years? That would make the most sense IMO.

I see the quote function is back. Nice! Anyway, I agree with you that it could very well just be Oprah, and a walk down memory lane, especially since her crew is supposed to be surprising her. Or maybe the guest is just someone who Oprah has always wanted to interview. I recall her saying one time that her show almost never seeks out guests, but rather the guests seek her out, so maybe it will be someone who Oprah has been hoping will contact her.
  • I didn't read every single page of this thread, maybe you guys wrote it but I did read on Twitter that Oprah's last guest is Obama. I wasn't interested to see the details but I think it was announced somewhere. I'm sorry, I don't know the details but I wasn't surprised to see her last guest is Obama. I didn't think that it would be Michael. Did you guys hear anything about this?

I don't think it is Obama: It said like Obama.. it could be or it can't be.

Oprah Winfrey Show' to end May 25 - who will be last guest? -- It has been known for some time now that The Oprah Winfrey Show would end at the close of its 25th season, but on Friday, Harpo Studios announced the date the last show will air. The final episode will be broadcast on May 25, 2011, according to the studio.

According to THR, Ms. Winfrey announced that she is relinquishing all control over the final two shows, allowing her producers and staff to plan surprises and put together the final programs without her input.

"I'm allowing for Sheri and the team to plan two days of full surprises,” Ms. Winfrey told THR. “I've given up control for the last two days. It's a lot to relinquish. I had to pray on that…. and get a guarantee from Sheri there would be no strippers or dancing people coming out of shells."

Ms. Winfrey posted to her Twitter account on Thursday that she remains hard at work on the remaining episodes of the show:

Advertisement

"Hard at work planning the final shows -can't wait to share w/ u all! ALL NEW shows start April 7."

With an ending date now announced, speculation will begin on who will be Oprah Winfrey's final guest on the final program. The talk show host, actor, and producer has had guests on her show ranging from low-profile individuals fighting back from addiction or child abuse, accidents or disease to former presidents and other heads of state to authors and legends from the entertainment world.

Will the final guest be someone like Barack Obama,
    whom Ms. Winfrey campaigned for in the 2008 presidential election? How about close friends like Gayle King or other friends or family?

No matter what the shows are like in late May, they are sure to grab a large viewership as Oprah Winfrey, whose weekday talk show has been a fixture on American television for 25 years, continues her work on other endeavors.
  • TheMoonIsDancingTheMoonIsDancing Posts: 1,003
    I don't think MJ will be on the last Oprah show. Although, you never know <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Could come as a surprise to all of us. who knows.
    But why would he do that? That woman doesn't even like him much. All the interviews she did recently with people that are affiliated with Michael were just for her ratings. I don't think she cared for him more after his "death" than she did before the "death".
    And just think of how many people would have to be in on that. The whole Oprah production team etc. That's just too many people. This would be too dangerous as they would know well in advance. The chance of someone talking about it in public is just way too big.
    I'm not saying it's not possible. It could be possible since this show will be something really big. But only in America as far as I know. We, here in Germany for example, wouldn't even have the chance to tune in since it's not aired here.
    As for the big entertainer. I have no idea. One can only guess. I thought about the GLEE crew. Would be kinda cool. I don't know if Oprah had them on the show already. And I don't know if the hype about GLEE is still as big as it was a year ago.

In show business, its not a matter of liking one another. Its a 'you scratch my back, i scratch yours' kind of thing. Oprah is the World's most successful interviewer/talk show host. Michael is the World's most successful/singer/entertainer/dancer. You get it, lol. This would be a great way for Oprah to go out with a LOUD BANG! And an excellent way for MJ to come back with a BIG BAM! lmho <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->. Of course, never give anything a 100% rating until it actually happens. I would love to go to her show although I don't care for her very much. I'll atleast be watching.
  • Well there's one thing we can all be certain of, and that is the fact that we have only another two weeks and then Oprah's mystery will be history one way or the other! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Blessings!
    OnTheWingsOfLove
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    Oh I just thought about this. It could be the Prince William and new Princess Kate.
  • Oh I just thought about this. It could be the Prince William and new Princess Kate.

I had thought that too, but they aren't supposed to be coming to the US until July. Evidently it's Kate's first time visiting the US.

On a completely unrelated note, I just read that the Queen of England has gotten an ipad 2. I can see where an ipad would be easier to use for elderly fingers. Bless her heart!