Anthony Jackson - @ATONCLASSIC

1235»

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    But it goes both ways, since Michael loved/loves to encourage other/young artists, keeping up with music and artists (he says) even internationally.  I believe he is happy to give his own family that kind of platform, but would hope they will develop their own unique style, like he did with 3T and 'Why'.
  • Does anyone know what is he talking about....?<br /><br />ok_zps49e63a5f.jpg<br />"Just flying through space as Mike sends a message of Hope #Space #Dream #AmericanIdol #MichaelLegacy.."<br /><br />is that something to do with American Idol?<br /><br />Message of Hope just sounds great to my ear  ;D
  • "sendS" is the most interesting word to me.
  • on 1362051575:
    <br />"sendS" is the most interesting word to me.<br />
    :) Don't you just love The Present Tense? ;)
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    I do! lol
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    anthonyjac.jpg
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    :animal0017: so he’s claiming to be Michael’s son ?  :icon_e_confused:
    Went back to page 1 - okay he’s Michael’s godson.  Thanks clears up my question.  :icon_e_biggrin:
  • shortyshorty Posts: 211
    <br />Question.....is that a wig lie on the Jacket!!!<br />And from what time is this picture.....it looks...that Michael give up his equipment to the next generation.
    I have some question......<br /><br />Who helped MJ to become be the King of Pop? <br /><br />Is MJ forced to help his family members to become superstars?<br /><br />Being famous doesn't mean every one in his family has to become a famous singer!!<br /><br />I've listened to "Brace yourself". He has the same style of many other artists. He is not presenting anything new here. How is he expecting himself to become a superstar!! With MJ's help?? Not enough, if you ask me. Great songs top the charts without anyone's help! What cought my eyes was the cool "sun glasses"!! Sorry, I've seen them before!! <br /><br />Blessings
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Hey Diggyon.....<br />Not sure of other questions, but I have always heard that Elizabeth Taylor coined the phrase, or at least first called him publicly,"King of Pop"......<br />I did an old post too about what exactly "pop" is or means in the art world......it's a broad thing really.  I'll look for the old post and send to you.  I believe he's King of Pop in many ways...not just music.  Like Warhol was an icon to Pop Art as well....Michael, took it to a whole new level : ) <br /><br />Blessings!
  • on 1362142944:
    <br />I have some question......<br /><br />Who helped MJ to become be the King of Pop?   to hear some of  the other boys talk now seems like they want to take some credit and give a lot to joe . but it seems to me that most of it happened at a time when great artist were more concerned with making great art than doing business. just my opinion.<br /><br />Is MJ forced to help his family members to become superstars? i assume you are asking is it his job . did he help janet to achieve what she has or did she do it for herself?<br /><br />Being famous doesn't mean every one in his family has to become a famous singer!!  that's the way i see it  :penguin:<br /><br />I've listened to "Brace yourself". He has the same style of many other artists. He is not presenting anything new here. How is he expecting himself to become a superstar!! With MJ's help?? Not enough, if you ask me. Great songs top the charts without anyone's help! What cought my eyes was the cool "sun glasses"!! Sorry, I've seen them before!!<br /> that may not be as true these days as it used to be .  :icon_e_wink: :michael-jackson:<br /><br />Blessings<br /><br />as always just my opinion and blessings to you as well  :bearhug:<br />
    Before I'm misunderstood here, I guess I' ll have to answer the questions I just asked!<br /><br />Who helped MJ to become be the King of Pop?  It was his great talent and not the help of any famous family member.<br /><br />Is MJ forced to help his family members to become superstars? May be he is an "Icon" for the young generation of the family. But without talent no one will make it to the top, even with his help. Somehow, I feel he is committed to his family and trying to help those who want to become famous. But it's us who decide whether they deserve the fame or not.<br /><br />I hope the rest of my other post is clear enough!!<br /><br />@ suspicious mind<br /><br />I didn't get your point!!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    <br />Just a general comment about talent...there are many who have made it to the top who have lacked any real talent but their record labels molded them into the popstar image with heavy promotion and airplay, with songs written by professional songwriters who know how to write a hit song.  It's a trend that's been on the rise for about 10-15 years now.  And there are many who have unbelievable talent that will never "make it" for whatever reasons.  It's the industry who decides who is famous when you get down to it.
  • on 1362161123:
    <br /> Just a general comment about talent...there are many who have made it to the top who have lacked any real talent but their record labels molded them into the popstar image with heavy promotion and airplay, with songs written by professional songwriters who know how to write a hit song.  It's a trend that's been on the rise for about 10-15 years now.  And there are many who have unbelievable talent that will never "make it" for whatever reasons.  It's the industry who decides who is famous when you get down to it.<br />
    <br /><br />I agree with that ! <br />i saw people in the subway that had more talent than people you can hear on the radio or see on tv...<br />Michael had talent, he had a family behind him that gave a big energy boost to make things happen, he had Diana Ross and music label to start the Jacksons. He had people around him that made it happen, even if he was talented first. <br />I mean having the same talent in any other situation would have maybe just made MJ a good "bathroom singer".<br />It was the good alchemy of all this that made him a huge star. <br />Because many people have talent and yet they don't have any opportunity to shine, and there are "random" people who are turned to icon by marketing tools. <br />
  • Only If and when one plays by "their" rules, and sells his/her soul, then and only then he/she will succeed as a singer or actor. I want to give a very good example here.  I don't know if anyone watches the half hour show VICTORIOUS on either Disney Channel or Nickelodeon  (I'm not sure which one), one of the episodes a while back was exactly about this subject.  In the episode, Victoria Justice auditions to sing on an award show, gets picked, but until the day of the award show she's FORCED to wear outrageous, out of this world clothes, have her hair in outrageous style and color, talk, walk and act completely out of character, if she doesn't do any of these things, she's told they will replace her with someone else to sing at the award show instead. If she tells anyone that they are FORCING her to do these things, and act outrageously, they will replace her...... This was an excellent episode to watch and I could not believe that they actually allowed it to air, but I think may be most people who watched the show would not have understood it, or even believed it to be true. <br /><br />Even though I believe that Michael's talents were God given, he still worked extremely hard, practicing all the time, writing songs all the time, and he was very disciplined, unlike anyone else that's out there now.  Without his extreme dedication, hard work, sacrifices, persistence and perseverance, he would not have succeeded. 
    on 1362172123:
    <br />Only If and when one plays by "their" rules, and sells his/her soul, then and only then he/she will succeed as a singer or actor. I want to give a very good example here.  I don't know if anyone watches the half hour show VICTORIOUS on either Disney Channel or Nickelodeon  (I'm not sure which one), one of the episodes a while back was exactly about this subject.  In the episode, Victoria Justice auditions to sing on an award show, gets picked, but until the day of the award show she's FORCED to wear outrageous, out of this world clothes, have her hair in outrageous style and color, talk, walk and act completely out of character, if she doesn't do any of these things, she's told they will replace her with someone else to sing at the award show instead. If she tells anyone that they are FORCING her to do these things, and act outrageously, they will replace her...... This was an excellent episode to watch and I could not believe that they actually allowed it to air, but I think may be most people who watched the show would not have understood it, or even believed it to be true. <br /><br />Even though I believe that Michael's talents were God given, he still worked extremely hard, practicing all the time, writing songs all the time, and he was very disciplined, unlike anyone else that's out there now.  Without his extreme dedication, hard work, sacrifices, persistence and perseverance, he would not have succeeded. <br />
    <br /><br />100% agree.  To give an example of how the industry molds young artists to fit their agendas if they don’t have the right people/advisors looking out for their best interest, this is the image on TMZ today and it kind of breaks my heart because he started off so fresh.  I hope his mother or somebeody talks to him before his image is forever ruined, and possibly his career.  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-justin-bieber-birthday-19-london-club-shirtless-20130301,0,7267656.story  And from what I’ve read, it’s freezing in London  :icon_e_confused:
  • 12a_zps99258520.jpg<br /><br />I wonder what is he talking about  :D
  • on 1363631644:
    <br />12a_zps99258520.jpg<br /><br />I wonder what is he talking about  :D<br />
    two days before this post, Anthony posted something about Lil Wayne being in ICU.... I wonder if his last post has something to do with that, though of course I would love it if it was about something else... :p
  • on 1362159230:
    <br />Before I'm misunderstood here, I guess I' ll have to answer the questions I just asked!<br /><br />Who helped MJ to become be the King of Pop?  It was his great talent and not the help of any famous family member.<br /><br />Is MJ forced to help his family members to become superstars? May be he is an "Icon" for the young generation of the family. But without talent no one will make it to the top, even with his help. Somehow, I feel he is committed to his family and trying to help those who want to become famous. But it's us who decide whether they deserve the fame or not.<br /><br />I hope the rest of my other post is clear enough!!<br /><br />@ suspicious mind<br /><br />I didn't get your point!!<br />
    <br /><br />neither do i  :thjajaja121: i have no idea what i did or was thinking here so don't even worry about it dear.  :Pulling_hair: hate it when i do those kinds of things . but i do understand your point. perhaps that is what i meant to do or say.  :LolLolLolLol: