Behind the mask clip on the 14th of June !

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in News
Exclusive World Premiere of Michael Jackson's "Behind the Mask"! On June 14th, 9:00 am EST Michael Jackson Facebook fans will get the exclusive first look at "Behind The Mask". Be sure to RSVP to this global event and share this post with friends!

[youtube:1144kqba]

This spring, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music gave everyone around the world the opportunity to be a part of Michael Jackson's video legacy with The Behind the Mask Project. This groundbreaking, global online casting call prompted people in all corners of the planet who love Michael Jackson's music to shoot, upload and submit their own unique performances for inclusion in the video; the project elicited an unprecedented response from 103 countries in the world. And on June 14th, The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled on <!-- m -->http://www.Facebook.com/Michae<!-- m --><wbr>lJackson.com

Comments

• Can't wait to see it! <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Did any of you sent your video there?
    I didn't, i was too shy <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> now i regret it BIG TIME!
  • I'm very shy too. I'm too scared to sing or dance in front of my own mother lol let alone the world or Michael!!
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    That's one year anniversary of a Murray court date and Michael was acquitted on 6/13/05.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I can't wait to see it.
    I am grateful to those who involved in it.
    Also.....just wanted to say....1600 clips made the video .... can't help noticing it's a 7.
    They are playing with us big time.
    So there were exactly 1600 clips to make the video?
  • LooolLoool Posts: 45
    Nice! Can't wait to see the vid! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> I didn't participate, I sorta forgot and was too shy <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • That's one year anniversary of a Murray court date and Michael was acquitted on 6/13/05.
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Thank you for a reminder, my memory is not that good.
    and 1600 clips not a coincidence <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm very excited to see the video too! Shows off the whole world's love for Michael!
    <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ --> <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->

Also 1600 is in the HT video-- 1600 Vine St.
    thumb_captures0061.jpg
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Well after a dead month (no pun intended lol), June is coming fast n furious with the clues. We've been here before, though, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

1600 clips/vine street is a great clue. Great clue. Michael, I'm digging you <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    14=7+7....... <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
    June 14 to 25 missing 9 days...... <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->

Wowwww...I like this!!!...and thanks for the video !!!

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • luchyluchy Posts: 149
    the clip will only be disclosed on facebook? I have, but what about those who do not have facebook? I think that also will appear in the youtube channel Vevo.
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    I can't wait to see Michael in it. Im sure you will find him somewhere.
    14=7+7....... <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
    June 14 to 25 missing 9 days...... <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->

Wowwww...I like this!!!...and thanks for the video !!!

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->

Ahaha, thanks for this clue <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Smee: Captain, the ice is melting, the sun is out and the flowers are all in bloom Captain Hook: He's back. ... From kenny ortega twitter
    <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/#!/KennyOrtegaBlog/status/3684282550<!-- m -->

funny that there say "This spring..."

<!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->
    This spring? Where?
  • I can't wait to see Michael in it. Im sure you will find him somewhere.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Seems like we'll have a lot of work, analyzing this video! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    ^^ I agree <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    I can't wait to see Michael in it. Im sure you will find him somewhere.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Seems like we'll have a lot of work, analyzing this video! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Can't wait to see it. <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->
    I was just about to say the same.... I'm sure Michael will be there somewhere....holding something up infront of his face so we cant be sure if it si him or not... or a shot from far away, or a shot from behind..... But he sure will be there somewhere <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ -->
    It'll be like finding Waldo.
    whereswaldo.jpg
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    It'll be like finding Waldo.
    whereswaldo.jpg

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mjyesFNqiQ<!-- m -->

<!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    think this video is going to be fun with all those people <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • diana9161diana9161 Posts: 22
    Can't wait to see the video! <!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ --> I'm sure it will have a couple of clues in it, and 1600 fans is a great start! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    Even without clues, it will still be great to see so much outpouring of love that the world feels for Michael.
    103 countries and 1600 participants fans for only a king of pop! <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->

Wow! Who can more than Michael??
    He is the most incredible and More loved star ever! 0002053E.gif
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    Do you think there is a link ?

Alice Cooper - He'sback (The man behind the mask)

You're with your baby
    And you're parked alone
    On a summer night
    You're deep in love
    But you're deeper in the woods
    You think you're doin' alright
    Did you hear that voice
    Did you see that face
    Or was it just a dream
    This can't be real
    That only happens, babe
    On the movie screen
    Oh, but he's back
    He's the man behind the mask
    And he's out of control
    He's back
    The man behind the mask
    And he crawled out of his hole
    You're swimmin' with your girl
    Out on lovers' lake
    And the wind blows cold
    It chills your bones
    But you're still on the lake
    That's a bad mistake
    But the moon was full
    And you had a chance
    To be all alone
    But you're not alone
    This is your last dance
    And your last romance
    Oh, if you see him comin'
    Get away if you can
    Just keep on runnin'
    Run as fast as you can
    He's a dangerous, dangerous man
    And he's out tonight
    And he's watchin' you
    And he knows you house
    No, don't turn out the lights
    Oh, but he's back
    He's the man behind the mask
    And he's out of control
    He's back
    The man behind the mask
    And he crawled out of his hole

I think it's just coincidence, but it's funny to make links between songs. <!-- smj_dance/ -->mj_dance/<!-- smj_dance/ -->
    Alice Cooper: “Michael Jackson was easily as influential as James Brown, and that’s saying a lot. We had Vincent Price in common. I used him first on ‘Welcome To My Nightmare’ in 1975, and he later used him on ‘Thriller’. Nobody moved like Michael, he was truly the King of Pop.”
    <!-- m -->http://frantikmag.com/blog/2009/06/26/a ... -tributes/<!-- m -->
    Why is it we are so quick to say things are coincidental and not related? Most of the very big stars know each other or about each other, and borrow ideas, collaborate etc.
    He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)"

Single cover
    Single by Alice Cooper
    from the album Constrictor
    Released 1986
    Recorded 1986
    Genre Hard rock, New Wave
    Length 3:49
    Label MCA Records
    Writer(s) Alice Cooper, Kane Roberts, Tom Kelly
    Producer Alice Cooper
    Alice Cooper singles chronology
    "I Love America"
    (1983) "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)"
    (1986) "Teenage Frankenstein"
    (1987)

"He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)" is a song from American shock rock musician Alice Cooper's 1986 album Constrictor, and the theme song of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, a slasher film and sixth part of the Friday the 13th film series released in the same year. The song celebrates the return of the Jason Voorhees character, after being killed off in The Final Chapter, the fourth film, and being entirely absent from the fifth installment, Friday the 13th: A New Beginning. Two other songs from Constrictor, "Teenage Frankenstein" and Cooper's song "Hard Rock Summer", which did not appear outside of the Jason Lives soundtrack, are also featured in the film.

The song features the famous Ki-Ki-Ki Mah-Mah-Mah sound effect, a trademark of the Friday the 13th series.[1]

"He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)" was a minor success, popular among fans of Cooper's later work and enthusiasts of slasher films. It has been called "strangely New Wave-ish"[2] and said to "perfectly enscapulate the Friday the 13th films and the era in which they came to prominence."[3]

A demo version of the song, with a slightly rockier and much more upbeat feel, as well as the final release version, were featured in the four-disc retrospective boxed set The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper, which chronicles Cooper's career. The song was also available on a compilation album of songs from his two late-1980s MCA albums, Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell, entitled Prince of Darkness.[2]

The song has been covered by some other artists. Finnish metal band Children of Bodom recorded a version in 2002, but it was never released, and "He's Back" has been performed live by another Finnish metal band, Lordi.[4] In addition, the song was covered by One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, which was released on the Swedish death metal group's 2007 album Error in Evolution.

A reference to the song is made in the 2005 Friday the 13th tie-in novel Friday the 13th: Hate-Kill-Repeat; while attending a party, a character notices that the song being played is by Alice Cooper and that the premise of it involves "something about a man behind a mask".[5]

[edit] Music VideoThe song is well-known for its music video, which combines clips from Jason Lives with original footage featuring Cooper performing the song and Jason Voorhees (played, as he is in the film, by C. J. Graham) menacing teenagers at a midnight showing of Jason Lives. This video is not present on any of the DVD releases of the film, most likely due to licensing issues.
    Alice_Cooper_-_The_Man_Behind_The_Mask.jpg
    Doesn't that look familiar? Reminds me MJ's Ghost. Michael learned from and got ideas from all over the place, or connects things all over the place.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    anyone know the time it will be released?

edit... answering myself.. at 9 EDT