Forum

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in MJDHI News
Just a quick message about the forum looking strange. I did a fresh install because some had certain posting/loading problems. It will not stay this way, but will change a few times probably in the next few hours.<br /><br />I will let you know when I'm done.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• Thank you Souza for all of your continued hard work of trying to accommodate, correct and make us happy.  I signed on this morning and thought I was back in the twilight zone.  Thanks for letting us know.  Take care,  Love to you
  • on 1319971691:
    <br />Just a quick message about the forum looking strange. I did a fresh install because some had certain posting/loading problems. It will not stay this way, but will change a few times probably in the next few hours.<br /><br />I will let you know when I'm done.<br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Yes SouzaI noticed, because my BEST post was suddenly GONE    suspicious// geek/ !!!<br />Thank you for YOUR GREAT work,LOVE you!!!![/size]
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Okay, I'm pretty much done. Everything should work again, including the 'last unread post' button. Some features are deleted, either because they were not being used, or because they gave errors after the latest forum upgrade.<br /><br />I have also installed a light theme for people that have trouble loading this theme. You can change themes in your profile: look & layout -> MJDHI Light. This light theme is not graphic and has less features, but might be a solution if you encounter loading problems or if you have a slow internet connection.<br /><br />I hope everything works again for you all, and let me know if you have any questions.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    thanks!<br /><br />1- where are the smileys?<br />2- how do i log out?<br />3-i can´t read the letters under this post, they come in white. I guess the post button is the 1st starting from the left, so i give it a try
    yep, it was the 1st from the left...still white, only gets black letters when it´s sent.
    Huh? Smileys are here for me. Can't you see them? WTF??<br /><br />Logout in menu (silver bar on top)<br /><br />Yes, the buttons are not very clear. Maybe I will change that later if I have time. I can see it, but that might depend on your screen.<br />

• Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    Love the new look and greatly appreciate everything that you do Souza! <br /><br />One little thing and it might just be that I have to click something somewhere but I can't see videos. I see the space where they should be but there's nothing there. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? <br /><br />Thanks in advance!
    on 1319986394:
    <br />Love the new look and greatly appreciate everything that you do Souza! <br /><br />One little thing and it might just be that I have to click something somewhere but I can't see videos. I see the space where they should be but there's nothing there. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? <br /><br />Thanks in advance!<br />
    <br /><br />What browser do you use?

• Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    on 1319986481:
    <br />
    on 1319986394:
    <br />Love the new look and greatly appreciate everything that you do Souza! <br /><br />One little thing and it might just be that I have to click something somewhere but I can't see videos. I see the space where they should be but there's nothing there. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? <br /><br />Thanks in advance!<br />
    <br /><br />What browser do you use?<br />
    <br /><br />Please disregard my post (well except where I thanked you), I guess the problem fixed itself.
    - don´t find logout, just this on the bar : <br />REPLY<br />UNNOTIFY<br />MARK UNREAD<br />SEND THIS TOPIC<br />PRINT<br /><br />- no smileys for me<br />- when clicking "new" , i end up in the very last post of the thread<br /><br />Right now i am in chrome.
    on 1319986695:
    <br />- don´t find logout, just this on the bar : <br />REPLY<br />UNNOTIFY<br />MARK UNREAD<br />SEND THIS TOPIC<br />PRINT<br /><br />- no smileys for me<br />- when clicking "new" , i end up in the very last post of the thread<br /><br />Right now i am in chrome.<br />
    <br /><br />I will check what's up with the smileys and new post button later.<br /><br />Logout is in the menu, on TOP (above the forum logo).<br /><br />

Thanks! found it!<br /><br />More info: to post takes pretty long
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Thank you for your work Souza
  • thank you souza for all your hard work. you are amazing...<br /><br />i cant seem to find the box with the drop down menu with all of the boards... <br /><br />has that feature been deleted?
    on 1319989495:
    <br />thank you souza for all your hard work. you are amazing...<br /><br />i cant seem to find the box with the drop down menu with all of the boards... <br /><br />has that feature been deleted?<br />
    <br /><br />It's at the bottom now.

• on 1319989981:
    <br />
    on 1319989495:
    <br />thank you souza for all your hard work. you are amazing...<br /><br />i cant seem to find the box with the drop down menu with all of the boards... <br /><br />has that feature been deleted?<br />
    <br /><br />It's at the bottom now.<br />
    <br /><br />omg, im such a D... sometimes... i looked so long for it and couldnt find it... of course as soon as i read your post i saw it and thought, how on earth did i miss that... <br /><br />another member started a thread asksing where all the recent topics went... comment probably should have been posted in this thread. <br /><br /> http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?topic=21121.0
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    You haven't done with it, have you Souza? I can not see any "Latest Topics" kind of thing on this one. There is 'Recent Ones' but it shows only 5 recent posts. And I must say that the older one was way so much better than this. It was more professional and looking way so much better. So I hope you are still fixing it and this is not the forum's last status.
    on 1319996907:
    <br />You haven't done with it, have you Souza? I can not see any "Latest Topics" kind of thing on this one. There is 'Recent Ones' but it shows only 5 recent posts. And I must say that the older one was way so much better than this. It was more professional and looking way so much better. So I hope you are still fixing it and this is not the forum's last status.<br />
    <br /><br />You know what PureLove, you may not find this forum good enough, others do. I can not please everyone on here. Fact is that I spent hours and hours to install a new one and to make a new design since due to technical difficulties I could not use the old one. There were problems with loading and posting, so it needed to be fixed. I am working with a converted database that updates more difficult than a fresh one, only so that you all don't have to switch between forums or register again. Functionality is priority, design is not, although I personally think this one looks better, but that's simply a matter of taste. <br /><br />As for the recent topics and other functionalities that are missing, I will have to see if I can try to re-install it. The problem is that there has been an upgrade of the software version, which means that certain modifications need to be upgraded too by their makers and they might not be available yet. I might be able to do it myself, but there is a risk that I f*ck up the whole system and have to start over, or that I will have to spend another day just on writing codes. <br /><br />I have a trial site that needs updating, questions to answer and I have a laptop that needs to be repaired because it shuts down every hour. Besides all that: I have a job. I really am not in the mood for 'I don't like the design'. Simply post the stuff you miss which was on the old forum and that I have not (yet) installed here, and give me a break, okay? Thank you.

• VietnowVietnow Posts: 122
    I really like this overall layout. Only thing that got annoying to me was coming to the site and having to scroll past those two huge videos...lol. Not trying to bash in any way.
    on 1320002387:
    <br />
    on 1319996907:
    <br />You haven't done with it, have you Souza? I can not see any "Latest Topics" kind of thing on this one. There is 'Recent Ones' but it shows only 5 recent posts. And I must say that the older one was way so much better than this. It was more professional and looking way so much better. So I hope you are still fixing it and this is not the forum's last status.<br />
    <br /><br />You know what PureLove, you may not find this forum good enough, others do. I can not please everyone on here. Fact is that I spent hours and hours to install a new one and to make a new design since due to technical difficulties I could not use the old one. There were problems with loading and posting, so it needed to be fixed. I am working with a converted database that updates more difficult than a fresh one, only so that you all don't have to switch between forums or register again. Functionality is priority, design is not, although I personally think this one looks better, but that's simply a matter of taste. <br /><br />As for the recent topics and other functionalities that are missing, I will have to see if I can try to re-install it. The problem is that there has been an upgrade of the software version, which means that certain modifications need to be upgraded too by their makers and they might not be available yet. I might be able to do it myself, but there is a risk that I f*ck up the whole system and have to start over, or that I will have to spend another day just on writing codes. <br /><br />I have a trial site that needs updating, questions to answer and I have a laptop that needs to be repaired because it shuts down every hour. Besides all that: I have a job. I really am not in the mood for 'I don't like the design'. Simply post the stuff you miss which was on the old forum and that I have not (yet) installed here, and give me a break, okay? Thank you.<br />
    <br /><br />As I stated my opinion about the previous forum, I stated my opinion about this one too Souza. You should be open to all kinds of comments. After this post of yours no one would be able to write it if they do not like the forum because you put the words in people's mouths. The old one was slow for some but as you can see some still say that this one is slow too. I don't know what other problems occured and I appreciate the job you are doing for the forum but still I should have a right to state my opinion where the admin doesn't rebuke me. Thank You!
    PureLove, I do not need opinions on the design, the design is what it is and you can take it or leave it. I need opinions on the functionality. Certain members that had problems posting and loading, do not have the problems anymore.<br /><br />But PureLove, if you think you can do a better job and have an hour or 10 to spend on it each day, you can always think about starting your own. I am done with your everlasting whining comments about everything, just to tell me later that I should shut the fuck up because I scare members. You need to learn to adjust and accept things you have no control over, like the design of this forum. If you have useful functionality suggestions, please post them, design-related stuff is useless.

on 1320011075:
    <br />PureLove, I do not need opinions on the design, the design is what it is and you can take it or leave it. I need opinions on the functionality. Certain members that had problems posting and loading, do not have the problems anymore.<br /><br />But PureLove, if you think you can do a better job and have an hour or 10 to spend on it each day, you can always think about starting your own. I am done with your everlasting whining comments about everything, just to tell me later that I should shut the fuck up because I scare members. You need to learn to adjust and accept things you have no control over, like the design of this forum. If you have useful functionality suggestions, please post them, design-related stuff is useless.<br />
    <br /><br />I would love to see you showing me where I was whining about everything souza! I think you are mistaking me with someone else or trying to show me as a negative person. If I could do it, I would have started my own forum long ago but unfortunately I do not have any ability to do that. I'm tired of your bossy attitudes and I want you to know that I'm not here for you. I just said that I didn't like the new forum. It was all ok when I said I liked it about the previous forum but now it is bad because I said I didn't like it? Learn to accept the opinions which doesn't applaud or praise you.
  • It is all question of getting used to it. It will take time, but we will find our way around.. It is normal when we get accustomed to something then there are changes it is not very agreeable. I understand Purelove what she is saying. In another hand I understand what  Souza had to do. Souza thanks for your hard work and dedication. Souza one question, are we going to be able to see the trial livestream? I cannot find it.. thanks.
  • What is annoying to me is the POKE.. i  got 7 pokes again you click on it and there is no poke.  Souza I remember I had PM you about this matter  and you never replied back. I think while you are added in fixing this forum fix the pokes or remove this function.. It is very annoying.
    on 1320014701:
    <br />What is annoying to me is the POKE.. i  got 7 pokes again you click on it and there is no poke.  Souza I remember I had PM you about this matter  and you never replied back. I think while you are added in fixing this forum fix the pokes or remove this function.. It is very annoying. <br />
    <br /><br />LOL, the poke function is like this (screwed up) but I think it's fun. Ghost pokes. That is why I kept it. The script is not right, that is why you sometimes get ghost pokes, but the function is working, because if I poke someone, it will appear.<br /><br />On the forum index ('home' in top menu), there is a link to the trial, plus the forum logo also still redirects you to it. Just click on it and you will be redirected to the feed.

This discussion has been closed.