The Official BAD 25 Thread

Comments

• curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    LOL bec, can you imagine someone doing that little routine to you in real life?  I'm sorry, I turn into a guuurly 'fan' when presented with Bad-era stuff!!
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    No don't ask me to imagine that. I was referring strictly to hoax tease with the other no where in my mind til you said that. Grr curls, grr.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    How was Spike chosen to do this?  I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Spike collaborated with the man himself, not the estate, to do this project unless of course Michael gave all his rehearsal footage to Branca or McClain before he left which I tend to doubt.
    :icon_redface: Sorry bec!  :icon_lol:
    Oh no, it's too late for sorry, curls. That ship has already set sail... soon as I went clicking around to find a snippet of that song that was pulled off YouTube n stumbled onto TWYMMF snippet from the docu with the snapping and the HEY and the UH and the you know what, yeah it's over.<br /><br />THANKS.<br /><br />(lol)<br /><br />Damnit I'm excited. That's annoying. I have successfully staved off excitement for a couple months now and that might be a record--shattered by this Bad25 stuff. Watch it be just another MJ estate promotional thing with hoax clues and teasers embedded throughout.<br /><br />I dunno though, September is awfully close to election day, that's less then 60 days. August, maybe, but if we have nothing by early September, I still say itll be til after election.<br /><br />Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't about Obama's reelection chances. I think it's pretty good but my god if the GOP win, I don't see how he can come back  :errrr:  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />I digress.<br /><br />@hes, don't you think MJ could work through the Estate? I tend to think Branca and McClain have to be in on it. Perhaps they got directions and feedback from MJ which they handed down to Spike and Spike truly is none the wiser? Possible anyway. A lot of things can be done through others even while he is dead, just look at the Michael Album.<br /><br />Anyway, any word on when Spike's docu is supposed to be out?<br /><br />Also, anyone remember the talk in 09 of Spike doing an MJ docu? Then Spike released something short n basic and we all thought that was it, but it felt undone even then, like... that's it? Well I guess that wasn't it. But I will say it is odd that Spike never mentioned no, this isn't it, this is just a little tribute to MJ, I'd like to do/am planning/am working on a major MJ docu to be released in the next few years, yada yada, etc etc, like people do.<br /><br />More secrecy factor. So that does make me wonder who knows what and how much. Which, of course, may be nothing but my own overactive imagination and hopes getting up. Maybe Spike's docu is just a docu like he says it is.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I agree about Branca and McClain being in on it and taking direction from MJ.  Plus, to the best of my knowledge, we STILL haven't actually seen who this McClain guy is.  TMZ had a vague bio on him (with no pic) and now I can't find that bio at all on their site.
    Good point about McClain that we all forgot, Andrea. All I think about is the character Bruce Willis played in Die Hard when I hear McClain.
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    Sorta1.jpg
  • on 1342130994:
    <br />Sorta1.jpg<br />
    <br /><br />Is this John Mcclain, SEHF?
    Yup that's him, allegedly.<br />
    heh
    You and that heh again.
  • LoveunitedLoveunited Posts: 370
    Thanks, uh, Sehf......<br /><br />Okay now we have an image; now what?! :icon_geek:
    We've had AN alleged image for a long time. Now what what?
    write him a dear john letter
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    on 1342157326:
    <br />write him a dear john letter<br />
    <br /><br />Now it is out for everybody to see.<br /><br />dear_john_hat-p148714213563486730enxqz_400.jpg
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    He was also in the video of MJ almost buying Marvel studio.<br />It's apparently John McClain at 2:45.<br /><br />
    on 1342158298:
    <br />
    on 1342157326:
    <br />write him a dear john letter<br />
    <br /><br />Now it is out for everybody to see.<br /><br />dear_john_hat-p148714213563486730enxqz_400.jpg<br />
    <br /><br />TurtleJohn1.jpg
  • julia142julia142 Posts: 195
    <br />I wonder something... It will be the 30th anniversary of Thriller on November 30th 2012.... Why do we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the ''Bad album'' instead of the 30th anniversary of the ''Thriller album'' ? Now it is really a question mark! Thriller was celebrated on his 25th anniversary, now it is ''bad'', but most of the people remember more ''Thriller'', so really.... There is something about this 25 number for sure! Have you ever wondered why?<br /><br /><br />For my part, I do think, this is when the hoax started...
    on 1342158315:
    <br />He was also in the video of MJ almost buying Marvel studio.<br />It's apparently John McClain at 2:45.<br /><br />
    <br />
    <br /><br />LOL, so they HAVE been seen in the same room together at the same time then??!!
  • LoveunitedLoveunited Posts: 370
    Alleged image;yes, head doesn't match body to my eye....<br /><br />Dear John,<br />I'm sorry darling, but I just can't continue to be with a man who is reluctant to reveal himself to me. I do have genuine feelings for you, but there is so little tIME in this life, I just can't stay with someone who doesn't trust me. Thank you for giving to me what you could, please understand, I just want more. Really, it's not you it's me. I hope you find happiness and wish you nothing but good. I will treasure our momments for ever....<br /><br />LoveU no more<br /><br />P.S. You're dumped
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    tumblr_m78fm6jijO1qbbakzo1_500.png<br /><br /> :woohoo2:
  • Thanks fin fin for sharing, that's awesome! Must watch again.
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    http://jackson-source.com/news/920-tracklist-bad-25th-anniversary-special-edition-unveiled<br /><br />[size=14pt]Tracklist BAD 25th anniversary special edition unveiled[/size]<br />Published on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:47<br /><br />Epic/Legacy Recordings in collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson today announced the highly anticipated track listing for the September 18th release of Michael Jackson BAD25  that celebrates the legendary album and record breaking BAD tour. Featured in the deluxe package, are three CDs, two collectible booklets, and the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD World Tour – the July 16, 1988 sold out Wembley Stadium show in London.<br /><br />Filled with previously re-mastered versions of iconic hits and un-released recordings from the King Of Pop, the BAD25 anniversary deluxe edition CDs and DVD will include the following:<br /><br />CD one features re-mastered versions of Michael's biggest hits on the original BAD album, including, "Smooth Criminal,"  "Man In The Mirror," “Bad,” “Another Part of Me,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” and "Dirty Diana" arranged in the same sequence as they appeared on the original album released 25 years ago. “Leave Me Alone” was added to the album as a bonus track following its initial release and has been included on the disc. <br /><br />CD two offers fans a rare listen to thirteen additional tracks, 6 of which are previously unreleased demo recordings created at Michael’s personal studio built at his then-home on Hayvenhurst Avenue in Encino, California. Also included are all three bonus tracks from the 2001 expanded edition of BAD, the previously un-released French version of Michael performing the classic, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” a high  power version of “Speed Demon” remixed by Nero and the brand new remix of “Bad” worked on as an electrifying collaboration between Pitbull and Dutch DJ Afrojack.<br /><br />Recordings included in this package reflect the songs and spirit of Michael Jackson’s artistry during BAD’s recording sessions and have been selected to show the different stages of how Michael’s songwriting and recording genius took shape. Some tracks are so complete that any other artist but Michael Jackson – who worked tirelessly to make sure his songs reflected his vision – might consider them finished tracks. Others are less complete but offer insight into Michael’s creative process in its various stages. Included is the demo, “Al Capone,” an early incarnation of what ultimately became “Smooth Criminal,” “Don’t Be Messin’ Around,” an example of a more complete demo, and a song initially titled, “Song Groove.” That song later became known as “Abortion Papers” which according to Michael’s own records, he spent considerable time in weighing how best to thoughtfully address something that was, and remains, a very personal and sensitive issue.<br /><br />A true highlight of the package is CD three and the DVD – the never seen before live concert on DVD and its accompanying music CD of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night’s sold out show. This show was one of the seven record-breaking nights played at the venue attended by more than half a million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have now been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night in 5.1 surround sound taken from the original multitrack recordings made that night.<br /><br />In addition to the complete Wembley Show, the DVD will also contain “The Way You Make Me Feel” from Michael’s July 15th performance at Wembley Stadium. This is the only song not performed on July 16th due to the late start of that night’s show. Also included are the thrilling early performances of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” and “Bad” from the Yokohama Stadium performance in September of 1987 during the first leg of the BAD World Tour.<br /><br />BAD25 – COMPLETE TRACKLISTING:<br /><br />DELUXE BOX TRACK LISTING<br /><br />CD ONE – Original Album<br /><br />1. Bad<br /><br />2. The Way You Make Me Feel<br /><br />3. Speed Demon<br /><br />4. Liberian Girl<br /><br />5. Just Good Friends<br /><br />6. Another Part Of Me<br /><br />7. Man In The Mirror<br /><br />8. I Just Can’t Stop Lovin’ You<br /><br />9. Dirty Diana<br /><br />10. Smooth Criminal<br /><br />11. Leave Me Alone<br /><br /> <br /><br />CD TWO – Bonus Tracks, Unreleased Tracks, Demos, Remixes<br /><br />1. Don’t Be Messin’ Around<br /><br />2. I’m So Blue<br /><br />3. Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)<br /><br />4. Free<br /><br />5. Price Of Fame<br /><br />6. Al Capone<br /><br />7. Streetwalker<br /><br />8. Fly Away<br /><br />9. Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Spanish Version)<br /><br />10. Je Ne Veux Pas La Fin De Nous (I Just Can't Stop Loving You, French Version)<br /><br />11. Bad (REMIX BY AFROJACK FEATURING PITBULL - DJ BUDDHA EDIT)<br /><br />12. Speed Demon (REMIX BY NERO)<br /><br />13. Bad (REMIX BY AFROJACK - CLUB MIX)<br /><br /> <br /><br />CD THREE – CD Live at Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988<br /><br />1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'<br /><br />2. This Place Hotel<br /><br />3. Another Part Of Me<br /><br />4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You<br /><br />5. She's Out Of My Life<br /><br />6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There<br /><br />7. Rock With You<br /><br />8. Human Nature<br /><br />9. Smooth Criminal<br /><br />10. Dirty Diana<br /><br />11. Thriller<br /><br />12. Working Day And Night<br /><br />13. Beat It<br /><br />14. Billie Jean<br /><br />15. Bad<br /><br />16. Man In The Mirror<br /><br /> <br /><br />DVD – DVD Live at Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988<br /><br />1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'<br /><br />2. This Place Hotel<br /><br />3. Another Part Of Me<br /><br />4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You<br /><br />5. She's Out Of My Life<br /><br />6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There<br /><br />7. Rock With You<br /><br />8. Human Nature<br /><br />9. Smooth Criminal<br /><br />10. Dirty Diana<br /><br />11. Thriller<br /><br />12. Bad Groove (the Band Jam section)<br /><br />13. Working Day And Night<br /><br />14. Beat It<br /><br />15. Billie Jean<br /><br />16. Bad<br /><br />17. Man In The Mirror (Encore)<br /><br /> And Bonus Tracks Include:<br /><br />1.    The Way You Make Me Feel (Performed at Wembley the previous night, July 15, 1988)<br /><br />2.    I Just Can’t Stop Loving You/Bad (Performed at Yokohama Stadium, September, 1987)