New "We Are The World" @ Olympics It's BAMsday!!!

Comments

• They just plyed the video!! Mj was in it from the old video of WATW and Janet next to him!! AWWWW...I cried.
  • i KNEW it was an MJ song. I couldnt figure out which one it was.

Oh i know. I got chills when they both sang together <3
  • ok I missed that would probably have cried my eyes out anyway... Hopefully i'll be able to see it on YT but I'm still sceptical about this whole remake don't see the point. It's a piece of art history you can't just go around changing it <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    That would be crazy if MJ is the last one running with the torch then goes to light it!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

LOL that would be hilarious and crazy! Everyone wants to know who it is and is excited then you see little MJ running to the torchlight hehe or better yet moonwalkin' to it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    They just plyed the video!! Mj was in it from the old video of WATW and Janet next to him!! AWWWW...I cried.

The second they showed him I just started to cry!
  • TerezaTereza Posts: 2,074
    huh?! do we have a different thing here in german tv?
    I didn't see watw yet!!!
  • LSKLSK Posts: 97
    I'm in the UK and I haven't seen it yet <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • Did you guys see the Infinite symbol on the ground during the Native American dance stuff? It reminded me of the painting MJ wanted with the witch from the Wizard of Oz and had the Infinite symbol in it and I thought maybe they put it in the olympics to connect it to MJ
    Did they show WATW a few minutes before the actual opening started?
  • Did they show WATW a few minutes before the actual opening started?

yes it played like 30mins ago
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    I wonder why they are waiting until tomorrow to show the full 7 minute video? It supposedly will be shown simultaneously on Saturday. This was a shortened version.
    I read that it's part of the ceremony, so I guess they will show it within the next 2-3 hours!
  • I wonder why they are waiting until tomorrow to show the full 7 minute video? It supposedly will be shown simultaneously on Saturday. This was a shortened version.

Yes, the worldwide simulcast will be shown on 53 domestic and international channels is planned for 2 p.m. Eastern time, Saturday Feb.13. I'm hoping the 7 minute version better. I'm also looking forward to the Maya Angelou poem at the end, hopefully recited by Prince and Paris (and Blanket?).
  • when is that?? now?? when they finish the parade?? or tomorrow???
    when is that?? now?? when they finish the parade?? or tomorrow???
    I thought they would show it now during the ceremony...but now I'm confused! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> in my country didn´t show the video!!! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    What do you mean they showed it??? I'm here in Vancouver and never saw it yet! They are still parading the althletes. I have been watching for the last 5 hrs straight and never saw anything to do with WATW??!!! Please don't tell me they are only showing it in the USA <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • They showed the partial (3 min) video at the start of the opening ceremony on NBC in the US.

Tomorrow they will premiere the full (7 min) video simultaneously 2:00pm Eastern Time on Saturday on 53 domestic and international channels.
  • I don´t know what you mean by tomorrow?? which time is that in GMT? in Argentina is already tomorrow <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I think it will be now when all the countries finish the parade... united..... "we are the world" that make sense....

im so nervous.... i don´t know why....
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    GO Canada GO!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I don´t know what you mean by tomorrow?? which time is that in GMT? in Argentina is already tomorrow <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I think it will be now when all the countries finish the parade... united..... "we are the world" that make sense....

No...this will be Saturday afternoon @ 2:00pm ET in the US, which means it will be in the evening in Argentina. US ET is at least 6 hrs behind you.

EDIT: Oops! TOTALLY wrong time conversion--I was absentmindedly thinking of Europe when I wrote that! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

No...this will be Saturday afternoon @ 2:00pm ET in the US, which means it will be in the evening in Argentina. US ET is at least 6 hrs behind you. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcadbeWUkfA<!-- m -->
    Oh boy...that song by Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams was extra LAME...
  • beatitbeatit Posts: 63
    If this is already here sorry, doing a quick scan I didn't see what I was looking for, is there a video on youtube that anyone has found I did some searching couldn't fine it myself I didn't get to see it.