Michael's Grave Goes Unguarded! LOL!

13»

Comments

• Happy FeetHappy Feet Posts: 320
    Not to sound morbidly grose, but maybe if there is a corpse, decomposition is so advanced now, nobody would know if it really was Michael or not if they did try stealing the body? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

but didn't the family say that he was embalmed anf frozen and then had a half dozen people do his make up 2 months later and that he looked so great, 'like he was ready to go on stage'? he should be pretty concealed and still 'fresh' with all that treatment and then being sealed in a cold marble tomb... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    if anyone is even buried there (which i don't think) that body should look like a regular concealed mummy.

Err.. maybe. I'm not sure. I thought after the body "defrosted" it deteriorates rapidly <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> For a body to remain a certain way, they usually do a "top-up" embalment (something like that) I think mummified remains are prepared and preserved differently (not that I know and I can't rely on the "Mummy Returns" movie as a guide either. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> )
  • I've talked to a couple of funeral directors and have been told that embalming preserves the body. Of course, some deterioration will take place over time. Abraham Lincoln was exhumed 30 years following his death, and his body was still recognizable. Bodies that are kept in inclosures where the temperature is constant will hold up better than those that are subject to freezing, thawing, and temperature changes.
  • Happy FeetHappy Feet Posts: 320
    I've talked to a couple of funeral directors and have been told that embalming preserves the body. Of course, some deterioration will take place over time. Abraham Lincoln was exhumed 30 years following his death, and his body was still recognizable. Bodies that are kept in inclosures where the temperature is constant will hold up better than those that are subject to freezing, thawing, and temperature changes.

Thanks for that. I just remembered theres another member on the other forum that worked in a funeral home for over 10 years. I'll ask her since she's done it as a living. I have read where they have exhumed 3 year old corpses and there has been minial deterioration. But I think their circumstances were different (they were put in and out of the freezer a few times like MJ. I read others where bodies have decomposed very quickly.

Morbid subject, but interesting anyway. I'll PM her and ask her these questions.
  • You still can't get in if you are not the list approved ny the family,guards or not.Just leave your flowers and teddybears at the front desk,they'll make sure he gets them,I guess.
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    LOL Nows the time to email FL again and get this clarified.....

YES thats exactly wat i was thinking..

Done <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I'll post when I will get my answer
  • You still can't get in if you are not the list approved ny the family,guards or not.Just leave your flowers and teddybears at the front desk,they'll make sure he gets them,I guess.

Due to Karen Fayes money making antics at Forest Lawn, its been totally locked down now. No one can go in without an approved family member.
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    the news was BS here is what i got of answer from FL, they were fast !
    the * is for privacy

Dear Sabrina *************,
    Thank you for your inquiry, your patience is appreciated.
    Mr. Michael Jackson was entombed in a private area of our Glendale location. The family has decided to keep his location private and is off limits to the public. At Forest Lawn, we honor the wishes of all families we serve and respect the privacy of all decedents interred in our Memorial-Parks.
    If you wish to purchase flowers you may order from the Forest Lawn Flower Shop located within the park grounds, or purchase from another florist. Flowers ordered from the Forest Lawn Flower Shop will be delivered to Mr. Jackson's resting place. All outside florists are instructed to deliver flowers to the Holly Terrace entrance of the Great Mausoleum. All notes and letters delivered to Mr. Jackson's resting place are being mailed to Mrs. Katherine Jackson on a regular basis.
    I hope that this may answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience and understanding. It was a pleasure to be of service.
    Sincerely,
    Information Office
    Forest Lawn Memorial Parks-Glendale
    (800) 204-3131

Original Message
    From: Sabrina ******** [mailto:*****************@yahoo.fr]
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:06 PM
    To: <!-- e -->http://www.monstersandcritics.com/peopl ... um=twitter<!-- m -->

Thank you so much for your time,

Sabrina