USGS: 6.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Spain

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/11/us ... -in-spain/<!-- m -->

A 6.2 magnitude earthquake has struck Spain 15 miles southeast of Grenada, the U.S. Geological Survey says.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• I can't believe all of these lately...this is getting crazy...and it scares me that one day something will happen where I live.. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> again there is definitely something going on. I hope the people are ok.
  • ?

Nothing here.

Where does that news come from????
    It´s being said on international news but it´s not true...
    I don´t understand what´s going on...
    People here is asking why.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    ?

Nothing here.

Where does that news come from????
    It´s being said on international news but it´s not true...
    I don´t understand what´s going on...
    People here is asking why.

Seriously? Do you live in the south of Spain?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• No, in Madrid, 350 km away from there.
    But the only information you can find here about it is people asking why they are saying so abroad...

And ever more weird, last week also there were romours about an earthquake in Granada, same 6.2...

Lots of news about the risks of it in Granada lately... The south of Spain is a place of common microearthquakes, a medium one from time to time, and we usualy feel them in Madrid... but it´s not an active area at all... really calm about earthquakes...

Is it going to happen?
    Was HAARP schedulled and didn´t work?

I´m trying to find some more news from here...
    My family is <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> right now.
    No, in Madrid, 350 km away from there.
    But the only information you can find here about it is people asking why they are saying so abroad...

And ever more weird, last week also there were romours about an earthquake in Granada, same 6.2...

Lots of news about the risks of it in Granada lately... The south of Spain is a place of common microearthquakes, a medium one from time to time, and we usualy feel them in Madrid... but it´s not an active area at all... really calm about earthquakes...

Is it going to happen?

I´m trying to find some more news from here...

Very suspicious...

• Im in the UK and nothing is being reported about it here, either.. i just checked all the major news outlets here such as SKY and BBC and there is nothing.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I cannot ever recall any time in history when earthquakes were so prevalent. But wait are they saying these are hoax quakes? Did I miss something? Or that they are not being reported?
    Nothing in french news also...weird...
    Nothing here in Holland as well.

• My neighbour´s daughter is living in Granada now.
    She was visiting here this weekend and has get home this evening...
    We have heard nothing about an earthquake here.

The only thing you can find is the rumour on sites such as twiter, tuenti...
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    poor people in Spain <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> We're in the last days.
    I've found this <!-- m -->http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/04/1 ... 27692.html<!-- m -->
  • Wait a minute people while I post the news!
    This is amazing?

Now the lastest news are being given by media here... the report the earthquake happening here NOW! Not even an hour ago!!!!

The El Mundo news has just came out, it was not there 2 minutes ago.
    Wait a minute people while I post the news!
    This is amazing?

Now the lastest news are being given by media here... the report the earthquake happening here NOW! Not even an hour ago!!!!

What the fuck??

• This is still not being reported in the UK... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Just checked again
  • Spanish National Television is reporting the chaos on social networks because people in Granada hava felt nothing at all and only the USGS in the USA is saying so... No Institute here says so...

<!-- m -->http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20100412/ti ... 7169.shtml<!-- m -->

(Use translator please, no time now)
    Wait a minute people while I post the news!
    This is amazing?

It's strange because they should be the first to know... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> And the report seems strangely to be the same as the one of CNN...I mean it's like they don't have much information. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Ok this is weird because here also the news is coming and it wasn't before...<!-- m -->http://www.romandie.com/ats/news/100411 ... 12k74c.asp<!-- m -->

CNN is the source.
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    We've had a short one here, seconds after you posted it, but I'm very far from Spain... from Europe actually...
  • If this is true then I'm praying for all the people over there, but this all seems strange.
  • CNN is the source.

No, the source seems to be the USGS in the USA. The CNN group in Spain is not saying it right now. El Mundo is the opposite group and RTVE (national TV) is a free agency...
  • Is everything with you okay over there somekindofsign? Did you felt the earthquake?
    CNN is the source.

No, the source seems to be the USGS in the USA. The CNN group in Spain is not saying it right now. El Mundo is the opposite group and RTVE (national TV) is a free agency...

Yes correct it's the USGS (US Geological Survey). Well I don't know what's going on. Maybe tomorrow there will be more...I'm leaving now good night.
  • Everything Ok here MJLover1990 thank you... read my posts above... it seems one of those two things:

-A very deep earthquake happened and was not even felt.
    -Something really weird and freaking is going on and it´s not an earthquake...

Our National Geographic Institute is reporting nothing at all.
  • mjaliveomgmjaliveomg Posts: 178
    Nothing here in Brazil..very weird report <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->