Michael himself says he was 9 in 1969...

Comments

• I guess we're getting a little off-topic. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Haha, wouldn't be the first time!
  • I guess we're getting a little off-topic. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Haha, wouldn't be the first time!

Yup. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Wow, that Aquarius was such a fit to him it was almost scary.! How do you figure out which sign is "rising"? I'm a Scorpio, too, some of those desricpitions were so similar, but not everything..!
  • Wow, that Aquarius was such a fit to him it was almost scary.! How do you figure out which sign is "rising"? I'm a Scorpio, too, some of those desricpitions were so similar, but not everything..!

Rising signs are the signs that align at the time of your birth. To determine, you'd need your birth time. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> So you are a Scorpio as well? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Wow, that Aquarius was such a fit to him it was almost scary.! How do you figure out which sign is "rising"? I'm a Scorpio, too, some of those desricpitions were so similar, but not everything..!

Rising signs are the signs that align at the time of your birth. To determine, you'd need your birth time. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> So you are a Scorpio as well? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Ah, I'll have to find that out, then..! Yeah, I'm a Scorpio!
  • Wow, that Aquarius was such a fit to him it was almost scary.! How do you figure out which sign is "rising"? I'm a Scorpio, too, some of those desricpitions were so similar, but not everything..!

Here are some good sites: <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

<!-- m -->http://www.cafeastrology.com<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.alabe.com<!-- m -->

Here are some good sites: <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

<!-- m -->http://www.cafeastrology.com<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.alabe.com<!-- m -->
    Thanks, girl!
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    If MJ was born in 1960, not 1958, can anyone explain why his passports (shown in the Index of this site, as evidence of his middle name being Joe not Joseph) show 29 AUG 58 as his DOB? The first one shown is dated 17 AUG 87.

You have to provide your birth certificate when you apply for your first passport. So, this was either his first passport and he provided a forged BC, because he had already decided in 1987 that he wanted to use 29th Aug 1958, or it was a simple renewal and his DOB actually is 29 Aug 58!

He'd been touring the world since 1972 so this can't have been his first passport - and even if he'd originally been included, as a child, on his father's passport, his DOB would've still been required from his BC and transferred when he applied for his first individual one.

We can't use his passports as evidence of his real middle name being Joe, but disregard what they show as his date of birth!
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    If MJ was born in 1960, not 1958, can anyone explain why his passports (shown in the Index of this site, as evidence of his middle name being Joe not Joseph) show 29 AUG 58 as his DOB? The first one shown is dated 17 AUG 87.

You have to provide your birth certificate when you apply for your first passport. So, this was either his first passport and he provided a forged BC, because he had already decided in 1987 that he wanted to use 29th Aug 1958, or it was a simple renewal and his DOB actually is 29 Aug 58!

He'd been touring the world since 1972 so this can't have been his first passport - and even if he'd originally been included, as a child, on his father's passport, his DOB would've still been required from his BC and transferred when he applied for his first individual one.

We can't use his passports as evidence of his real middle name being Joe, but disregard what they show as his date of birth!

That would indeed mean those passports are fake. It wouldn't surprise me.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• "The worst thing you can do to a Leo is accuse them of bad intentions." That's absolutely true.

Sorry for going off topic but I just have to say that is absolutely true. And anyone interested in figuring out their birth charts (which includes all the signs in your chart, ascending, moon, sun, etc.), this site: <!-- m -->http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal<!-- m --> is really good for it and it's free! Also I just found an awesome numerology report site that is also free...same place: <!-- m -->http://www.cafeastrology.com/numerology2/index.htm<!-- m --> I think most of us probably have common purposes and that is to help others hence why we are all drawn to this adventure.
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    Gotta read this! Interesting!!
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305

You are absolutely right. I highly doubt MJ forged anything particularly his passport. Anyone who did not grow up with Michael (back in the 60's/70's) will not understand what went on in those days as far as how artists were promoted. Motown did ask him to lie about his age. Just because he didn't celebrate birthdays in his earlier years doesn't mean he just picked a birth date and year out of hat later on. I watched them grow up and I never saw anything amiss as far as Michael promoting a different age than he really was back in the day.

I don't think Mike was planning this hoax back in the 80s. He probably thought about disappearing many times from public life, I am sure, but, planning this type of hoax, I doubt. He may be tying in everything that happened to him back then to the hoax. I think what is happening is that we are re-living Michael's life as it was back then and it is now. He didn't speak in interviews much back in his earlier days because he was shy and so therefore people only speculated about him and unfortunately those stigmas that were placed upon him during his hey days in the 80's never really left him. The media just kept reporting nasty lies and crap about him from day one and back then we did not have the internet where people could voice their opinions freely, we had to write to the magazine/newspaper if we wanted to respond to an article and then, only a select one or two comments would be issued. The media again was controlling us. So back in the day, people just believed what was written. That is one reason why there are so many conflicting social and racial issues today.
  • I guess Michae himself did not do - or plan - anything back then. He was just a kid who had to function (=perform).

And since he went touring in early 1972 - and before - he had to be at least 12 years old (child labour acts!). I have no problems imagining Motown did this ...

edited just because of typos ("l" misfunction of my keyboard)
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Really? no way...

Aquarius
    Aquarian Traits
    On the dark side....

Intractable and contrary, "no way, i mean, yes, well, no <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->"
    Perverse and unpredictable, "look there! *kicks on the knee and runs*"
    Unemotional and detached, "Oh, a car run you over?", "what things are happening today...a car runs over you, I lost my fav pen....". "sorry, I can´t go to your wedding I need to fix my nails..."

I don´t believe in horoscopes <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Really? no way...

Aquarius
    Aquarian Traits
    On the dark side....

Intractable and contrary, "no way, i mean, yes, well, no <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->"
    Perverse and unpredictable, "look there! *kicks on the knee and runs*"
    Unemotional and detached, "Oh, a car run you over?", "what things are happening today...a car runs over you, I lost my fav pen....". "sorry, I can´t go to your wedding I need to fix my nails..."

I don´t believe in horoscopes <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Me neither, not those in tabloid papers telling you what to do every day. But I do believe in certain charachteristics having something to do with the moment of birth. The universe is of great influence to the earth, the plants and the trees and the animals, so it's only logic that it has influence on us humans as well. Look at how loony people can because at a fool moon...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Okaaayyyy - just realized this turned out to be a zodiak discussion.

What a pity ... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    Okaaayyyy - just realized this turned out to be a zodiak discussion.

What a pity ... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Well, if you have more to contribute about the age, please feel welcome to do so. I have explained why I think he was born in 1960, many times actually.

• So did I <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    And we might be the only to in here who actually believe he was born in 1960, so in that case I think this thread is dead... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• And we might be the only to in here who actually believe he was born in 1960

+1 <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

There is - at least - one other topic

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14021&start=0<!-- l -->

"My childhood was stolen - totally, totally taken awy from me ..." Michael repeated so many times, so emotional, almost crying ... anybody remember?

humble me: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14021#p241041<!-- l -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    +2, and now more after seeing this interview in 1969 where Michael says he is 9 years old children do not lie ,.......... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    :lol:

There is - at least - one other topic

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14021&start=0<!-- l -->

"My childhood was stolen - totally, totally taken awy from me ..." Michael repeated so many times, so emotional, almost crying ... anybody remember?

humble me: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14021#p241041<!-- l -->

I'll paste this post again:

I don't have access to the report now, but I'll try to recall what I know and check later on but I think this is pretty much what the report said:

Intelius shows us:

Michael J. Jackson - California - Katherine and some others from the family as relatives
    Mike J. Jackson - California - Katherine and some others from the family as relatives

There is more than one DOB listed, because there are more people with those names. There is only one DOB they both have in common: January 28, 1960. Now let's list some things:

In 1969 when Mike was supposed to be 11, he had to tell people he was 9, for PR reasons (I guess you are way cuter at 9, because you are darn old at 11.. :S )... Look at the video below, it's from 1968. Is he 10 or 8 there? IMO maybe 10, more likely 8, going on 9.

[youtube:2nbtil3d]

When you pay close attention while watching The Jacksons - An American Dream (produced by Jermaine!!) you will notice that Katherine gets pregnant with Mike in 1959. Well you can try but it's impossible in that case to give birth in 1958. (btw: at birth she names him Michael Joe, not Joseph).

Then we had this:
    01/28/2010 at 08:30 am in department 5
    at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
    Revocation of Will
    Hmmmm, turning 50 would be a good time to have your will revoked, don't you think?

It's not like there is a sibling 'in the way'. Marlon David Jackson (born March 12, 1957), Steven Randall "Randy" Jackson (born October 29, 1961). So both dates are possible, there is quite a gap between Marlon and Randy, considering the fact that the older siblings had way less time in between.

The indictment of 2003. Although the whole world knows his DOB, it's blocked out:

24_indictment.jpg

Make up your own mind about it, but my bet is that the moment the world learned his name was Michael Joseph Jackson, born August 29, 1958, a hoax was already in the planning.

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    So, MJ waited to be 50 to start his second life or?
  • Souza et al:

I saw that sheet of the complaint with the DOB unredacted once (don't recall where), and the DOB there was 29/08/1958. It could have been written American-style, 08/29/1958, but that was the date. I could try to track it down if you want...