Michael himself says he was 9 in 1969...

Comments

• OK, I found it. The complaint is available here (as a 3-page PDF file): <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Jackson<!-- m -->

Scroll down. It's close to the bottom, under Police and courts.

The DOB listed in the complaint, as you can see, is 08/29/1958. And I believe the other main official documents (MJ's driving license and passport) have the same date. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) For MJ's birthdate to be Jan. 1960 or whatever, it would mean that the date on MANY official documents must be wrong. Now I guess it's up to everyone individually to decide whether they believe that or not...
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    The recent Gardner School articles have him attending there in 1969 aged 11. He also said he was 42 during his Oxford speech in March 2001.

Where did the idea of 1960 being a possibility originate?
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    +1 (about him born on january 1960) kids and drunk people doesn´t LIE! LOL
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111

Kids don't lie huh? Well, I can think of 2 straight off that did, because adults told them to.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Kids don't lie huh? Well, I can think of 2 straight off that did, because adults told them to.

Those were devils in disguise, not kids.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    Maybe there photo proof of MJ being 9 in 1969? somewhere <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    I've been a "fan" of Michael's since 1969...posters, records, magazines...you name it. From the beginning it's been stated that Michael was born on Aug. 29, 1958. "They" wanted him to say he was 2 years younger, and it was speculated that he was a midget...but, him being under his Mom's thumb (and I'm sure Joe figured he would forget)and not teaching the kids to lie, they gave this date as his birthdate. EVEN back in 1958. Man how I wish I still had all that memorabilia. Even in the movie and American Dream, which was prior to the hoax, it's given as the same date, and..his name stated as with the "Joe".
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Soooo,
    January 1960 or August 1958?
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Again, I posted this before, when Souza started the thread about the same subject, now posting it again.
    The Jacksons-American Dream movie sequence shows on part 3 at 7.30 min Gary, Indiana 1959 where Katherine and Joe have some chidren, but not Michael yet.
    Then in part 4 at 8.15 min. Michael was born. Pay attention on the weather before then where Joe wears jacket working in the field. That does not look like an August. No one wears warm jacket in August, plus there is no greens around. More looks like Autumn to me. So, 1960 could be year Michael was born. I don't think the Jackson's would have not seen the mistake in the movie to get it corrected. So, you judge.

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X56ypGL ... re=related<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpJsRDn ... re=related<!-- m -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    This reminds me of the newspaper on LMA saying Michael frozen for 50 years, as in after his "death" he is now coming thawed/alive to his true identity, although he's still shrouding himself in many more new mysteries.
    ~Souza~ » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I disagree, I think him being aquarius fits very well.

I wonder how people can believe how he can lie about being dead, lie about being named Joseph and who knows what else, but there is no way on earth he might have fit his B-day to a date so that a) the Pepsi Accident would be in the exact middle of his life, b) he would have the same B-day as the guy that hoaxed his death in Gilda, c) make it easier to make fake documents and d) making it easier to protect his personal stuff. If everyone thinks he is Michael Joseph Jackson, born 8/29/1958, then no one would bother if they saw a Michael Joe Jackson, born 1/28/1960 somewhere.

Also, it's harder for kids to lie about their age, because as we all know; kids are far more honest because they answer directly without overthinking things - so to me it the 'lie about your age a year and a few months', doesn't make sense at all. All we have heard about his birthday being 8/29 was AFTER pepsi, around '87 - '88 when he left the JW's. Before that he didn't even celebrate his B-day. The thing about lying about his age was first mentioned (as far as I am concerned) in the movie 'An American Dream' in the early '90s. This hoax has been planned in the 80s, his new middle name and B-day have been introduced back then as well. They had to throw stuff in about his age back in the Motown days, so people would actually beLIEve he was born in 1958, yet they missed the fact that Katherine gets pregnant from him in 1959...

To me, him being born on 1/28/1960 makes way more sense than 8/29/1958... But of course you can try to convince me otherwise...
  • I've been a "fan" of Michael's since 1969...posters, records, magazines...you name it. From the beginning it's been stated that Michael was born on Aug. 29, 1958. "They" wanted him to say he was 2 years younger, and it was speculated that he was a midget...but, him being under his Mom's thumb (and I'm sure Joe figured he would forget)and not teaching the kids to lie, they gave this date as his birthdate. EVEN back in 1958. Man how I wish I still had all that memorabilia. Even in the movie and American Dream, which was prior to the hoax, it's given as the same date, and..his name stated as with the "Joe".

Completely agree. Michael also addressed this in Moonwalk, where he explained that the record label wanted him to say that he was 2 years younger than he really was, and so he learned at a young age just how important age is in show business. If my memory serves me correctly, the Jackson 5 were signed with Motown in 1968 when Michael was 10, but the label executives thought the group could be even more popular if people thought the lead singer was even younger, thus the decision to let people think Michael was only 8.
  • mjkatemjkate Posts: 276
    I understand all the explaining but in the original video posted here away back, Michael was older and therefore no need to continue the lie especially when like you said, his birthdate of 1958 was out there. When asked this question he should have said, I was 11. The only time he would need to continue to lie was back in the day and the question was posed to him much later about a performance he had done back in 1969. At the time yes, I could see him lying and saying 9 but much later when everyone knew his bday why would he keep lying. It must have been so engrained in him that even he forgot OR...he really was 9.
  • What if he's a Leo (?)mj_mission_lion_1_smaller.jpg
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=172&t=17302&hilit=religious+symbolism+leo#p295557<!-- l -->
    Okay this is weird again. This article on TMZ caught my attention because I posted about the 13th sign, Ophiuchus, in the "Michael Jackson and Religious Symbolism" thread.

by Serenitys_Dream » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 pm
    The Zodiac and Michael Jackson

There are actually 13 signs in the zodiac.

file.php?id=9764

August 29th...Michael Jackson is actually a Leo.

Leo is represented by the Lion.
    Leo.jpg

The Sphinx
    The Sphinx in Egypt is facing it's mirror image in the night sky as it looks directly at the constellation Leo. (Man in the Mirror?)

SphinxintheMirror.jpg

The Sphinx was built by Pharaoh Khafre (aka Kafra, Khefren).
    Khafre was an Egyptian pharaoh of the Fourth dynasty, who had his capital at Memphis. Khafre built the second largest pyramid at Giza. The Egyptian name of the pyramid was Wer(en)-Khafre which means "Khafre is Great". He is also credited with the building of the Sphinx.

Khafre+2.jpg

Michael recreated himself as the statue of Khafre in the HIStory CD Booklet.

file.php?id=9768
    More at the link: http://michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14516&p=242502&hilit=Ophiuchus#p242507
  • I've been a "fan" of Michael's since 1969...posters, records, magazines...you name it. From the beginning it's been stated that Michael was born on Aug. 29, 1958. "They" wanted him to say he was 2 years younger, and it was speculated that he was a midget...but, him being under his Mom's thumb (and I'm sure Joe figured he would forget)and not teaching the kids to lie, they gave this date as his birthdate. EVEN back in 1958. Man how I wish I still had all that memorabilia. Even in the movie and American Dream, which was prior to the hoax, it's given as the same date, and..his name stated as with the "Joe".

Completely agree. Michael also addressed this in Moonwalk, where he explained that the record label wanted him to say that he was 2 years younger than he really was, and so he learned at a young age just how important age is in show business. If my memory serves me correctly, the Jackson 5 were signed with Motown in 1968 when Michael was 10, but the label executives thought the group could be even more popular if people thought the lead singer was even younger, thus the decision to let people think Michael was only 8.
    I also think he was told to, and trained to lie. Children do and can lie- especially children who have been traumatized ( I work with them every day, so I know. It's amazing what they will tell you because someone in power made them). Also, Michael did not just randomly say his age...it was during shows and interviews. Now what would have been interesting was if somone had asked, what year is your birthday, then. THAT is hard to lie about ( if not rehearsed) as we know our birth years by heart, but would have to calculate back to a fake year). You better believe the puppet masters at Motown trained those kids well. Also, they were trained by Joe before to walk the line. So, I guess, I just do not see the difficulty with believing that Michael was made to lie and delivered as expected. The consummate performer early on- as we know.
    The Pepsi timeline, to me means he planned his "death" not his birthday.
    Anyway...that's all just my view, and I know as such it is not set in stone. But until we know more, I also do not believe anyone else's opinion is any "setter" than mine. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Until Michael himself contradicts it, I'm going with what he told us in Moonwalk for now. There are so many hidden morsels in there, btw, that seemed so innocent, but that I see in a different light now. That's another topic, though.

Btw- interesting with the Leo idea.. Michael being Michael and reading all this, probably knew.
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=172&t=17302&hilit=religious+symbolism+leo#p295557<!-- l -->
    Okay this is weird again. This article on TMZ caught my attention because I posted about the 13th sign, Ophiuchus, in the "Michael Jackson and Religious Symbolism" thread.

by Serenitys_Dream » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 pm
    The Zodiac and Michael Jackson

There are actually 13 signs in the zodiac.

file.php?id=9764

August 29th...Michael Jackson is actually a Leo.

Leo is represented by the Lion.
    Leo.jpg

The Sphinx
    The Sphinx in Egypt is facing it's mirror image in the night sky as it looks directly at the constellation Leo. (Man in the Mirror?)

SphinxintheMirror.jpg

The Sphinx was built by Pharaoh Khafre (aka Kafra, Khefren).
    Khafre was an Egyptian pharaoh of the Fourth dynasty, who had his capital at Memphis. Khafre built the second largest pyramid at Giza. The Egyptian name of the pyramid was Wer(en)-Khafre which means "Khafre is Great". He is also credited with the building of the Sphinx.

Khafre+2.jpg

Michael recreated himself as the statue of Khafre in the HIStory CD Booklet.

file.php?id=9768
    More at the link: http://michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14516&p=242502&hilit=Ophiuchus#p242507
    Thank you!
  • OK, I found it. The complaint is available here (as a 3-page PDF file): <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Jackson<!-- m -->

Scroll down. It's close to the bottom, under Police and courts.

The DOB listed in the complaint, as you can see, is 08/29/1958. And I believe the other main official documents (MJ's driving license and passport) have the same date. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) For MJ's birthdate to be Jan. 1960 or whatever, it would mean that the date on MANY official documents must be wrong. Now I guess it's up to everyone individually to decide whether they believe that or not...

Thank you!

1-2.jpg

http://www.countyofsb.org/da/documents/CE-FelonyComplaint-12-18mj.pdf

1993passport_marked.jpg

From the FBI Files:

MJlisence.png

At about 1:30 in the video Michael talks about being made to lie about his age by Motown.

[youtube:3l9ytmkw]
  • He was born in August 29, 1958.
    Motown told him to lie about his age and knock two years off.

Whichever ID is going by that movie ....read up on the making of
    American Dream they always take liberties with movies and that
    one was no exception.
    Then as stated Michael admitted the age thing himself.
    I can't believe this is even an issue. LOL

Michael would have been 11 here...Barry Gordy made this film at Motown.
    Jackson 5 Motown Audition 1968
    [youtube:alyqosct]
  • Oh IMO I think he was a hardcore Virgo with Leo tenancies....his personality certainly exhibited such.
  • Motown wanted that Michael lied about his age. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yeah that´s true,i agree with you Sandy. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Motown wanted that Michael lied about his age. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yeah that´s true,i agree with you Sandy. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Right, to make himself older than he was.

by scorpionchik » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Again, I posted this before, when Souza started the thread about the same subject, now posting it again.
    The Jacksons-American Dream movie sequence shows on part 3 at 7.30 min Gary, Indiana 1959 where Katherine and Joe have some chidren, but not Michael yet.
    Then in part 4 at 8.15 min. Michael was born. Pay attention on the weather before then where Joe wears jacket working in the field. That does not look like an August. No one wears warm jacket in August, plus there is no greens around. More looks like Autumn to me. So, 1960 could be year Michael was born. I don't think the Jackson's would have not seen the mistake in the movie to get it corrected. So, you judge.

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X56ypGL<!-- m --> ... re=related

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpJsRDn<!-- m --> ... re=related
  • Also refer to

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12399&hilit=business+genius+michael+jackson+business+genius&start=25<!-- l -->

was disgussed MJ was born in January, 1960, which is possible according to the movie.
  • Oh IMO I think he was a hardcore Virgo with Leo tenancies....his personality certainly exhibited such.

I agree with you 100% ...the virgo "perfectionist" and leo "artistry"....together with his pisces moon conjunct pisces ascendent ..." wearing his feelings on his sleeves" ....who else could write the song "Heal the World" :=)
    For those interested I have compatibility reports MJ Liz Taylor and MJ Joe Jackson here :

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=253&t=14007<!-- l -->

Interesting read :=)

much love
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Oh IMO I think he was a hardcore Virgo with Leo tenancies....his personality certainly exhibited such.

I agree with you 100% ...the virgo "perfectionist" and leo "artistry"....together with his pisces moon conjunct pisces ascendent ..." wearing his feelings on his sleeves" ....who else could write the song "Heal the World" :=)
    For those interested I have compatibility reports MJ Liz Taylor and MJ Joe Jackson here :

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=253&t=14007<!-- l -->

Interesting read :=)

much love

Have you heard of the Barnum effect? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Well since people need their Birth Certificate to obtain a passport and/or license, I am going to continue believing that Michael was born August 29, 1958 until he comes out and says something different. The Jackson movie was just that, a movie, and even documentary movies don't always follow everything to a T. But Government documents do, even for celebrities, and Michael wasn't even the international superstar that he is now when he got his first passport or even license.