I registered a domain and I would like to know your thoughts

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I like the idea of supporting just one or two charities as well, like I wrote before. In that way we can focus on that instead of focussing on all different kinds of charities and I prefer children as well. If you could make agreements with a foundation like Gema said, you could also get more people to the website. In that case we should all agree on one particular charity. I like the idea, but others have to as well.

@Gema I agree we shouldn't use his name for it. I think the domain name and maybe an intro at the site that he was the inspiration for itr will be enough. I am not donating or writing articles out of his name, I do what I do because I want to. He has done so much for others already, he doesn't need us to support a charity out of his name, I think he earned his credits with them years and years ago. He just made it possible that we are now all here preparing for something that will hopefully inspire others to do the same.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Good points Gema, and yes there will be people who if they knew about it would claim we're being suckered into handing over money. I personally thought it was a good idea but if it's going to cause disharmony and uneasiness that's not what we want. What about if we all tried to either sponsor a third world child, set up a monthly donation to Water Aid(in my country it's only £2 a month and does so much good), Save the Children (again very small amounts are required), or the countless other charities out there. I've been donating every month since I was 16 to Save The Children for their campaign to stop children being used as soldiers, but have always wanted to sponsor a third world child too. As for me children are the most important thing in the world that would be my choice but I know there are others who would rather donate to animal causes or to the Red Cross or whatever. If there are any doubts or questions among members regarding the charity Escrow account maybe we should take a vote of some kind. I know that nobody here has sinister intentions but unfortunately the world has taught us to be cynical and I really do think we all have to be on the same page and not alienate anyone.

I agree with you, trustno1.
    There are people who sponsor annually 1 or 2 charities and besides that to different charities, which are in urgent need at that particular moment, e.g. Haiti or Afghanistan & Pakistan. I think it's important to keep in mind that people should have the ability to have a free choice in donations and a free choice to donate anonymously or not.
    I am pro the educational site, including links to different charities. On most charity sites you'll find information what you can do more besides donations, e.g. kids can do a school project/presentation, a sponsor marathon can be organized.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Thanks Souza.

It is an elaborated project and it needs time to reflect upon the distribution and organization of it.

I am happy that we all can have a voice and get the project running with everyone´s help and views and ideas <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

How many are we? over 1000?

We can also link the army site from our personal blogs, even if the blog is about the reproduction of the snails and the fascinating world of the sea clams!

Ay ay! so much to organize! it will take time, but we will get there.

Delegating/ taking a task to people will be another very important side of it.

My promotion: I have experience in HR (organizational psychology) and can find hidden potentials <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> , just in case is needed smiley-face-whistle-2.gif
  • NinaninaNinanina Posts: 439
    I love the idea, Souza!

I'm a graphic and web designer and I'd be able to create a website, but I don't have enough time right now <!-- s:-( -->:-(<!-- s:-( -->
    When do you want to kick off?
    I love the idea, Souza!

I'm a graphic and web designer and I'd be able to create a website, but I don't have enough time right now <!-- s:-( -->:-(<!-- s:-( -->

Great! When do you have time?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

*Mo* was also going to design the web! That´s what i call a team work!
    I love the idea, Souza!

I'm in the middle of a big project, so probably not before end of November/beginning of December.

Gema just wrote, that Mo wants to do it?
    I didn't read that and I didn't want to push to the front!

So, if you need me, I'm willing to contribute.
    I love the idea, Souza!

I'm in the middle of a big project, so probably not before end of November/beginning of December.

Gema just wrote, that Mo wants to do it?
    I didn't read that and I didn't want to push to the front!

So, if you need me, I'm willing to contribute.

I think we can wait until then, we can do other things in between and all get on the same page with it. We need to decide which charity or charities, in what way, the content on the site etc. So we need that time. I don't think it's a good idea either Mo, Badkolo or I are affiliated with it in any way like I posted before. We will be the center of ridicule and I don't want to take that risk. Besides that I think it's easier for you to change and manage the site when you have built it yourself. It would be great if you want to do it!

Oh, I won't be able to manage the site.
    I can build/create a site for you and of course I can put up new content etc. and wouldn't leave you alone with that, but I'm a single mother and self-employed. Sometimes I have time, sometimes I have to work day and night for weeks on a job.
    So I can't load a project like this onto my shoulders and it would not be responsible to do so, because I would want to be reliable - but this I can't promise.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If I disagree with the domain name and how that will channel the donations is one way of organizing the resources to obtain and make them reach those who really need it, or selected charities.
    Now as to explain to me the second part we manage the site and how long to take for this.
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323

I also agree that everything should stay anonymous, as it is on here as well. I never feel comfortable with personal info on the web, same goes for this. And some people are simply not able to donate because they don't have the financial means. But what they can do is volunteer to help charities by lending a hand or professional skills.[/color]

I know we're all anonymous here in that no one knows who's behind the user name. But when I suggested anonymous for the separate website, I meant not even user names. I'm thinking of the donations idea, mainly. I just don't think it's a good idea to have a list of names who donated - fake ones or not - out in the open. Behind the scenes, obviously. The focus is on the gift, not the giver. I'd hate to see it turn into some kind of popularity contest.

I also agree that everything should stay anonymous, as it is on here as well. I never feel comfortable with personal info on the web, same goes for this. And some people are simply not able to donate because they don't have the financial means. But what they can do is volunteer to help charities by lending a hand or professional skills.[/color]

I know we're all anonymous here in that no one knows who's behind the user name. But when I suggested anonymous for the separate website, I meant not even user names. I'm thinking of the donations idea, mainly. I just don't think it's a good idea to have a list of names who donated - fake ones or not - out in the open. Behind the scenes, obviously. The focus is on the gift, not the giver. I'd hate to see it turn into some kind of popularity contest.

That's what I meant as well.

• PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323

Great! Thanks! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Hey Guys
    this is a great idea and I put my hand up Souza I am in a completely different timezone to most everyone on here a whole day in advance in some cases , so if that not a problem , I am in just lead the way!!
    I so wanted to do something like this ages ago, I spoke to a friend and we wanted to, we tried to get it started by setting up a Twitter account which as far as I know is still active. Before I heard of Army of love I think and I had a slightly different name, but still MJ and love in the mix. We had the idea to raise money for charities but in our control not letting big wigs take it away from the fans, but the whole thing re setting up etc ie what has been discussed on here, well we just didnt' get that far... and the other thing I think was to have ways of spreading MJ's mesage like the donations to charity didn't need to be a formal charity some like was mentioned although we don't have them here in NZ, but say the like of Orphanages and other groups all that require help jsut a smile even to a lonley sad person this can mkae such a difference or a compliement or anything actually like everyday people we can help... but sorry where I am leading is that for people to do every day things but say I am doing this in honour of MJ or MJ taught me how to be a better person , or nothing , but in some small way let them knw it was through MJ and L.O.VE you decided to say help your elderly neighbour take in her groceries, visit someone elderly say whom ahs no family and maybe friends. , to visit them, and things like that. I know of some Dear Lady at my Nana's home and we always talk to all the ladies at my Nana's eating table but I just found this out that one of them has absolutely no-one here in my city of Dunedin NZ and came from England years ago and all family dead there so she is completely on her own, so I said to Mum we could do a little something nice every now and then to make her feel good and hopefully this could helop her in the maybe possible low times, when having absolutely no-one to turn too that is close and special must hurt so very bad. Even just like remembering b'days' to those kind of people or read a child a story, help with reading anything ..etc I could go on with ideas but I will stop.
    Also on site lists of ways to give back even something like 'Pay It Forward' like the movie. Where You continue doing it of course no time limit or number of people to help if You like but to get it running started like a world wide wave of L.O.VE!! we could nominate something similar to what that boy on movie did ,but Of course donn't want copy right issues so maybe we hav eto mix it up a bit the phrase??
    but there are many ideas including what is already on here.
    I know there is already a gobal day that is something like a day when you do a nice thing Ie pay for someones coffee etc and I can't remember what it is called oh that is it I think
    'Random Acts of Kindness Day' (I think) then I saw not too long ago there is a site inEngland Ithink or sorry started there I think and it is simply where people log their gestures I think from memeory as a way tomake each individula accountable?? may have it all wrong??
    Anyway Souza that is a side issue to waht You wanted to knwo well I am here proud to stand for the Honour of MJ!! 'It's all for love' L.O.V.E!! and together we can make it happen. ohjsut one thing and not at all to put a negative spin on things but do we have to get permission to use MJ's name I remember not too long ago the Estate said they had the copyright over the whole thing liek I think anyone that even hinted and being associated with MJ and all he encompasses?? not sure if I heard right ,but yeah just to mention that. And I think it was in particular mention to people using that for charities etc??? but I say this from nly a plae of information not to be negative in anyway shape or form. Because I am behind anything that enables us to do things in MJ's name for the good of all the Universe Animals environment all things so that to opens it up to doing things at the places like animal shelters environment issues and or peace innitiatives anti racial issues etc a whole movement. All in the name of L.O.VE! !!
    well thanks for listeningsorry watching reading me blab on and on but I will close for now sorry if I offended any one or anything.
    take care and 'I love You all more' "It's all for love" L.O.V.E!!
    lots love to the whole family here and everywhere!!
    Count me in Souza!!
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <3
    love always
    MIchelle <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • @ Gemma
    Hi how are You?
    just read Your idea and it is great it has been done here too and sitll does everyyear I think a National knitting Shop runs it and goes to the Needy Kids for Winter Warmth
    but even people cold donate ie for knitters and for other thing but say you can't knit You could donate the wool, or buy some wool , money for wool, that is jsut taking the knitting idea
    t
    Habbitat for Humanity is another I know it's on TV where groups have say gone down to Louisianna In the USA say and donated their time to helop and it looked to be very humbling seeing those still without homes, and we all have I think Habbitat for Humanity
    and then there are the wildlife organisations, we have SAFE here for animals sorry here is me going on , but yeah anything goes as long as it is done in the righ tspirit and jsut a smile can make someones day or a simple gesture of goodwill/ My Grandfather used to say " A smile costs you nothing to give' and I bet we all know how a smile can make our own days better!!
    L.O.V.E!!
    much love to You all!@! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Me too <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    @Michelle WilkieNZ, yes, the knitting project i got involved in had that set up as well!
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I love all these ideas, and unfortunately can't help with the setting up process, but if there is anything else I can do. just call my name and I'll be there..
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Very well done.
    Only one aspect I would like to discuss: I don't like the butterfly.
    It is a "watering" symbol, taking away strength from the layout.
    It's a symbol for a negative system in addition.
    I'd prefer a light of hope or a red rose instead if there should be a highlighting indicator to the menue. What's your opinion?
  • First only the people with money will have their name in the ArmyOfLove?
    That is one of the worst Ideas ever. Michael would want all to have their names shown
    What poor people need not apply. I do have money and I would never join just for the fact.
    Michael ArmyOflove is for everyone.JJ
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Johnkillrory wrote:

First only the people with money will have their name in the ArmyOfLove?

What sites you've read it? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Very well done.
    Only one aspect I would like to discuss: I don't like the butterfly.
    It is a "watering" symbol, taking away strength from the layout.
    It's a symbol for a negative system in addition.
    I'd prefer a light of hope or a red rose instead if there should be a highlighting indicator to the menue. What's your opinion?

I see your point, I agree with that. I don't think it's a pressing issue that matters too much either way, but sometimes less is more. My vote would be to take out the butterfly and not to replace it with anything.

Is it possible to change the language on this new site or is that being worked on?? I'd like to share it with family and friends but they won't be able to read it. But esthetically, it looks great!
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Johnkillrory wrote:

Well, the idea of badkolo said only people who donate are allowed in the ArmyOfLove... which I don't think is fair either, because some of us don't have the money to give. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Johnkillrory wrote:

Well, the idea of badkolo said only people who donate are allowed in the ArmyOfLove... which I don't think is fair either, because some of us don't have the money to give. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I think you guys are reading too much into that. The Army Of Love is something we are only apart of by choice, no specific deeds or donations are needed. The Army of Love existed before this website existed, so I don't see the problem. The website allows us all to donate money and then give a big chunk of money to a charity from "Michael's Army of Love". In other words, for example, we would give a $5,000 check to a charity as opposed to us each individually giving $10 and being nameless. This provides those who donate a chance to be apart of something bigger than themselves, and it allows us to make a difference that is more measurable than what we are able to do as individuals. Not to mention it could potentially gain some media attention, which could help inspire others to start helping to heal the world. Also keep in mind that donations don't have to be huge. Everyone should only give what they can afford when it comes to any charity or cause. Even if every person only gives ONE dollar, that adds up faster than you might think.
    Johnkillrory wrote:

That idea has been shot down already.