Teddy admits Michael's voice had been enhanced on Michael

13»

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I once choose to believe from what I witnessed that Michael is alive.
    I choose to believe from what I witnessed that it's all Michael on the album.

Why?
    Because the album is his open letter to those who can read him.
    It is not "throwing old material out on the market just to satisfy fans and Sony pockets".
    There would not have been so much dedication in unveiling the "making of" and a review of the old and a perspective on the new if it was just for marketing of some new releases.
    Nobody except Michael is dedicated to that degree we witnessed when it comes to his music and message.
    The composition of TII is a masterpiece and so is the album.

Would he go so far to let himself be partially replaced by someone else?
    I'd say yes. If it is necessary for the cause and circumstances Michael will not hesitate to go for new borders.

Remember the "Be a dot" project.
    Remember the fan picture project for the TII poster (zooming in...).
    Remember the unexplained "leaking" of all those unfinished tracks prior to the album release.
    Remember the official online distribution of the complete album before store sales.
    Michael is inviting us into his professional and personal life to be like him, to become him, to be "Michaelish" ourselves and to show us who else has "talent" - ourselves included.

Michael is initiating and directing this close-up.
    That is my opinion and therefore in my eyes and ears the album is all Michael, whether it may be his voice or not. It is his concept, his thoughts, his wishes.
    Michael stepped far away from being only "the singer and dancer".
    Those expecting him to continue like they thought they knew him before June 25 will jump too short.

What a L.O.V.E. shower and wonderful invitation to unite with Michael by connecting "the dots" - us - with him. The title gives this invitation as well - no programme for the album except "Michael". The artwork speaks volumes.
    I never have seen any artist welcoming the public so intensively and heartfully into his life.
    What a journey.... Thank you Michael. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I certainly agree. This album is not "just" an album, there's much more to it. Michael does the directing of the album project and uses an onconventinal and innovating marketing strategy, i.e. the "leaks", the Cascio's and the controversial news about the voices. Clever thinking!

Amen to that....
  • Wierd. Now the whole Tony Kurtis youtube page is gone now. It says "This channel is no longer available because the user closed their account."
    Wierd. Now the whole Tony Kurtis youtube page is gone now. It says "This channel is no longer available because the user closed their account."

Here we go again...more mystery surrounding Michael Jackson...

All I did, was send him the real Jason Malachi singing as there were claims Jason didn't exisit other than on the internet......I send a PM to him with the youtube links..not long after that, he shut down the whole account....Things that make you wanna scream..

I would say Sony pulled it down, just in case or there is still another hidden agenda....
  • I don't see how Monster can't be Michael. Along with the other songs. In the parts toward the end where he sounds furious about being stalked and haunted he just sounds like nobody else can. Like the MJ we know with all of the emotion we are used to. Some parts of the song sound like he isn't singing all out, but maybe that was the point. It sounds good, so I'd say the idea was to sing it how it is. He's also older now. Singing like he used to might be a little bit difficult now. I'm not totally sure on that; just a thought.

I agree, to me Monster is 500% Michael. It's screaming Michael from every tone and gasp and hee hee. I did notice, though, that he has the same vibrato in Monster as in Breaking News. So that would suggest also BN is Michael, although with BN was not as confident as with Monster. What I'm trying to say is that if we agree that HT and Monster are Michael, BN must be Michael as well. Some people could argue that the vibrato and accent are different to what we were used to but that doesn't work for me because we all know MJ can change voices and accents. I just think BN, HT, Monster, KYHU all fall in more or less the same time frame and that explains why they have a distinct and similar sound. Just like most of the songs on Invincible.
  • This is NOT against or fussing at anyone who says Monster is not Michael but I swear I've been listening to Michael since I was a little kid in the 70s. To me Monster never has sounded like anyone but the real deal, Michael Jackson. It's a soaring fabulous vocal and the entire song just blows me away.
    To me Best of Joy is the horror of the album lol. It's totally Michael too but his voice is altered to a chipmonkish state.

Hey, I've been listening to MJ since the 80's - don't you think that the vibrato is a bit odd?
  • NightOwlNightOwl Posts: 150

Hey, I've been listening to MJ since the 80's - don't you think that the vibrato is a bit odd?

So have I.
    Question: What makes a fine voice? Answer: That you can tell after two seconds who it is.
    His voice is beautiful like it is. What's there to "enhance"? It's like a taboo has been broken.
    The "enhancements" sound very bad, fake (which I think is the case).

I have not bought the new album, because I think it's a record company rip-off. I can't be convinced Michael Jackson sings all the songs of the new album. When I listen to "Monster", to me it is someone else singing a really bad imitation of "Too Bad".
    Although the sound in this video is poor, listen to this and then "Monster":
    [youtube:dx030a0b]

Makes me real sad.

I've written earlier about "Breaking News" that the vibrato is wrong and it lacks MJ balls. The production is limp. MJ balls and the knife-sharp production are missing.
  • Tony Kurtis' twitter page and facebook page are now gone. Dissappeared into thin air. What's going on here?
    Found the original video.....

Does anyone know how to save this to hard drive, we wont loose it again ????

<!-- m -->http://onlinefreevideos.net/v/TLZMD7VjS ... proof.html<!-- m -->
  • Found the original video.....

Does anyone know how to save this to hard drive, we wont loose it again ????

<!-- m -->http://onlinefreevideos.net/v/TLZMD7VjS ... proof.html<!-- m -->

Somebody re-upped it on youtube. Here is the mp4 download link from keepvid.com

<!-- m -->http://tinyurl.com/23tgcer<!-- m -->
    Its been taken down again.. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • Teddy Riley has admitted he had to digitally enhance Michael Jackson's voice on certain parts of the iconic singer's new album Michael.
    Maybe the word 'enhance' needs a new definition then. That first "ooh" note opening the first song of the album is simply unbearable to me, during the rest of the song i get confused and i'm not sure if i'm hearing MJ or Akon's voice.
    The autotuned "choir" intro to the second song is something i never thought i'd hear on a Michael Jackson album. This is the cheapest sounding effect i can imagine. That's why in the end, even on the songs i personally think are really sung by MJ, i don't feel like i'm listening to an MJ record.
    I don't want to offend the people who think the songs are great, and i'm sure they are great on paper, but why did they have to make such a cheap and clumsy production job? It's a big blurry pile of sounds to just confuse us and it does no justice to his work: he had a passion for sound and engineering and making things perfect.