Frank Dileo, Dead at 63

Comments

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1314224392:
    <br />OK, Just got done calling TMZ with souza, I called the tip line and said I have a tip, The tip is frank dileo passed away, a huge actor and michaels manager and for 3 days now tmz and the media have not reported this but when lindsay lohan farts or queefs we get instant minute by minute details of the smell of her fart and how many people where affected by her fart but michaels manager just died and tmz doesnt report it, she then laughs at me and says yeah that happens with londsay, ok but then i said but frank dileo is dead and tmz doesnt reprt it and she says, YES WE ARE AWARE OF IT, I said ok but why arent you reporting it and she says uhm uhm uhm, we are aware of it, I said I know you are but maybe before we here about another lindsay fart you could report  on his death, she giggled and said we are aware thats all i can say.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />so there oyu go, this is fishy as hell<br />
    <br /><br />wtf ? suspicious//
  • techdivatechdiva Posts: 448
    My heart goes out to the Dileo Family.  I just heard yesterday that Nick Ashford died.  I was floored when I heard Nick Ashford, now Frank Dileo.  I guess it was his heart. Nick Ashford died of throat cancer. These were two famous men. I liked them both.  RIP Frank and Nick.
  • mrbigshotmrbigshot Posts: 456
    PS. TMZ is still A TABLOID. we don't know if we should trust them as is, and how can we be so certain hes connected with michael in the first place?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    That will be happening to TMZ that still does not report anything?
    on 1314230138:
    <br />PS. TMZ is still A TABLOID. we don't know if we should trust them as is, and how can we be so certain hes connected with michael in the first place?<br />
    <br /><br />some people think they are because tmz reported his death & other things first. & ts redirects to a lot of their articles ;)
  • Frank DiLeo<br />From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<br /><br />Frank DiLeo<br />Born Frank Michael DiLeo<br />October 23, 1947<br />Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.<br />Died August 24, 2011 (aged 63)<br />Los Angeles, California, U.S.<br />Frank Michael DiLeo (October 23, 1947 - August 24, 2011) was an American music industry executive and actor, known for his portrayal of gangster Tuddy Cicero in Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas and at one time being Michael Jackson's manager.<br />Contents [hide]<br />1 Career<br />2 Death<br />3 Filmography<br />4 References<br />5 External links<br />Career<br /><br />DiLeo, an Italian American, was a native of East Liberty, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.[1] He began his career in the music industry in the late 1960s, shortly after high school, as a rack jobber (distributing records to retail stores) in Pittsburgh. Following a number of brief, higher-profile jobs, he was hired as a promotion staffer in Cleveland by CBS Records subsidiary Epic Records in 1968. He promoted albums by The Hollies, Donovan and Sly & the Family Stone to local radio stations, and was later promoted to the company's regional office in Chicago.[2] Circa 1969 he was "headhunted" by RCA Records in New York, followed by a stint at Bell Records. After a year with Bell he "retired" from the music business and moved back to Pittsburgh. His return to the music industry was prompted by an "electrical fire" which destroyed his Pittsburgh home, for which his insurance carrier reportedly refused to pay out.<br />Frederic Dannen described DiLeo as an "outspoken fan" of the controversial record industry practice of using "Indies" (independent record promoters) to promote new singles to radio stations, a system which was widely described as "the new payola" and which by the early 1980s was reportedly costing the major US record labels tens of millions of dollars per year. DiLeo was also a close friend of Hollywood-based record promoter Joe Isgro, one of the leading figures in the shadowy indie group dubbed "The Network", who was alleged to have close ties with the Gambino crime family.[citation needed]<br />In 1979, CBS Records president Walter Yetnikoff hired his old friend DiLeo to work for Epic Records in New York as Vice President of National Promotion. Overseeing a staff of 65 people and a multi-million dollar budget, Frank helped guide Epic Records from a small $65 million dollar company to a $250 million dollar powerhouse; during this period Epic outperformed its sister label Columbia Records for two years running. Artists signed to Epic included Quiet Riot, REO Speedwagon, Ozzy Osbourne, Gloria Estefan, Luther Vandross, Meat Loaf, Cyndi Lauper, Culture Club and Michael Jackson, among others. He was voted executive of the year for Epic Records, received over 80 gold and platinum awards, and was credited for taking Epic Records from the number fourteen label in the U.S. market to number two.<br />In 1984, after the record-setting success of his Thriller album, Michael Jackson asked DiLeo to take over as his manager. DiLeo was the executive producer for the full-length movie Moonwalker, wrote and executive produced three Pepsi-Cola commercials (including negotiating a landmark endorsement deal), and eight music videos including the Grammy winning video "Leave Me Alone". DiLeo managed Jackson's Bad World Tour, and the Jackson family's Victory Tour. DiLeo managed Jackson until February 14, 1989 when their business relationship was abruptly terminated, without any public explanation.<br />DiLeo is referenced in Sheryl Crow's "The Na-Na Song," with the lines "Clarence Thomas organ grinder Frank DiLeo's dong / Maybe if I'd let him I'd have had a hit song."[3] Crow and DiLeo were acquainted when Crow worked as a backup singer on Jackson's Bad tour.[4]<br />In 2009, The Wall Street Journal reported that DiLeo was once again managing Michael Jackson's career.[5]<br />DiLeo also managed the careers of Taylor Dayne, Jodeci, Laura Branigan, and Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora, and had worked with Prince on several projects.<br />DiLeo founded Dileo Entertainment Group, a company located in Nashville, Tennessee. The company is focused on managing up and coming artists as well as establishing a publishing company in Nashville. As of May 2011 DiLeo was recovering from a heart attack at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. DiLeo appeared in three major motion pictures. His film credits include GoodFellas, Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2.<br />Death<br /><br />[size=12pt]Frank DiLeo died on the morning of August 24, 2011 after experiencing complications following heart surgery[/size]<br /><br />HE DID DIE. FROM HEART SURGERY RIP FRANK. <br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_DiLeo
    awh, :[[[<br />my prayers are with his friends & family <33
  • if it is indeed the truth God Rest His Soul.  now what if anything might this mean for michael situation? was he in fact in line to testify?
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I got this link off Michael's FB page:<br /><br />http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/estate-michael-jackson-remembers-frank-dileo<br /><br />THE ESTATE OF MICHAEL JACKSON REMEMBERS FRANK DILEO  As many of you know, Michael’s longtime friend and manager Frank Dileo had been dealing with serious health issues for the past several months. It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that Frank lost his long struggle this morning and passed away at the age of 63.<br /><br /> Frank had an amazing amount of creative energy, a huge heart, an infectious spirit and a larger than life persona that captured the attention of any room he entered. He also cared deeply about Michael, his children and his fans.<br /><br />Frank and Michael became friends when Frank was vice president for promotion at Epic Records during the release of "Thriller." In his best-selling book "Moonwalk," Michael wrote:  "Frank really worked hard and proved to be my right hand during the years ahead. His brilliant understanding of the recording industry proved invaluable."  <br /><br /> Frank went on to manage the incredibly successful Bad World Tour. Even after they stopped working together professionally, the bond between Michael and Frank remained and the family friendship continued.  In early 2009, Frank was reunited with Michael once again as his manager as preparations began for the "This Is It" concerts.<br /><br /> After Michael’s passing, Frank proved invaluable to the Executors of his Estate, sharing unique insights that nobody else could possibly have.<br /><br />Said John Branca, Co-Executor of the Michael Jackson Estate: "I had the privilege of knowing Frank Dileo for more than two decades. He was not only one of the great veterans of the music business, he was a beloved friend to me and all who were lucky enough to have had him in their lives. He was one of a kind. He was a character. He was an original. We loved him, and we will miss him.  Our hearts are with his family." <br /><br /> Our thoughts and prayers are with Frank’s wife, Linda, his son Dominic, his daughter, Belinda, his grandchildren and all of his extended family and loved ones.
  • Here’s another article.  <br /><br />NY Times<br />August 24, 2011<br />Frank Dileo, Michael Jackson’s Manager, Dies at 63 By BEN SISARIO<br />Frank Dileo, the stout, cigar-smoking former bookie who was Michael Jackson’s personal manager during much of his 1980s career peak, died on Wednesday in Pittsburgh. He was 63.<br />The cause was complications from heart surgery in March, said his wife, Linda.<br />Mr. Dileo was one of a handful of advisers who shepherded Jackson through world tours, endorsement deals and a visit to the White House. Yet at 5 feet 2 inches tall and more than 200 pounds, his hair in a slick ponytail and rings on his pinkies, he cut an unlikely figure next to the Peter Pan-like Jackson.<br />“You couldn’t find two more different people,” Mr. Dileo once said. “He won’t eat meat; I’ll run out to get a cheeseburger. I’ll take a drink; he won’t touch the stuff.” He added: “Just look at us — he’s skinny, I’m fat. If we stand next to each other, we look like the number 10.”<br />From 1979 until Jackson hired him as manager in 1984, Mr. Dileo was vice president for promotion at Epic Records, working with acts like Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper and Quiet Riot. Jackson, who also recorded for Epic, credited Mr. Dileo with the radio campaign that helped make the “Thriller” album a worldwide success.<br />Released in late 1982, “Thriller” has sold well over 50 million copies, according to most estimates, making it the biggest-selling album ever.<br />Frank Michael Dileo was born in Pittsburgh on Oct. 23, 1947, and got his start in the music business stocking store shelves with new records. In the late 1960s and ’70s he worked in promotion for record companies in Cleveland, Nashville and New York, pitching songs to radio stations.<br />He had run-ins with the law. Twice in the late ’70s he was convicted of taking bets on college basketball games. At Epic he supported the use of independent promoters, a system of middlemen between labels and radio stations that was investigated by the federal authorities in the 1980s for payola and links to organized crime.<br />Mr. Dileo, who was not charged, defended the practice, which continues today.<br />“There’s not anything dishonest going on,” Mr. Dileo said of independent promotion in “Hit Men,” Fredric Dannen’s 1990 book about corruption in the music industry. “Organized crime?” he added. “There ain’t been organized crime since Capone died.”<br />As Jackson’s manager, he helped negotiate a 1986 endorsement contract with Pepsi that was reported to be worth more than $10 million. In those days Mr. Dileo drove a black Rolls-Royce, a gift from his employer, with the license plate[blink] “THANXMJJ.”[/blink]<br />But in early 1989 Jackson fired Mr. Dileo, dissatisfied with the sales of his album “Bad.” (Jackson had wanted to sell 100 million copies of the album, but after a year and a half it had sold only 20 million.)<br />Mr. Dileo soon got a phone call from Martin Scorsese, who had directed the video for Jackson’s song “Bad,” offering a small role as a Mafioso in his next picture, “GoodFellas.” Mr. Dileo played Tuddy Cicero, who kills Joe Pesci’s character, Tommy. He also appeared with Mike Myers and Dana Carvey in the movies “Wayne’s World” and “Wayne’s World 2,” playing a flashy record executive.<br />In the 1990s Mr. Dileo continued his career as an artist manager, working with Taylor Dayne, Jodeci and Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi. In 2007 he was named chief executive of ValCom, a film, television and theatrical production company.<br />Mr. Dileo was reunited with Jackson in 2009 as the singer prepared for a run of comeback concerts in London. He signed on as manager again about a month before Jackson died of an overdose of sedatives on June 25 that year; at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center that day, Mr. Dileo informed Jackson’s children that their father had died.<br />Besides his wife, he is survived by a son, Dominic; a daughter, Belinda; a sister, Rose Marie; and a grandson.<br />Throughout their time together, Jackson and Mr. Dileo played up their odd-couple image. On the record sleeve for “Bad,” released in 1987, was a picture of the men facing each other in silhouette, a cigar hanging from Mr. Dileo’s mouth. The caption:[blink] “Another great team.[/blink]”<br />http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/arts/music/frank-dileo-michael-jackson…<br /><br />BTW - Wasn’t Frank schedule to testify at the trial?
  • on 1314230138:
    <br />PS. TMZ is still A TABLOID. we don't know if we should trust them as is, and how can we be so certain hes connected with michael in the first place?<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Exactly, there isn't really proof that TMZ is working with MJ...anyway this is sad, I can't imagine how he's family is feeling right now.
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    With all the different reports about Frank dying...it looks like he did pass away.  It's really tough to lose someone you love...and my heart goes out to his family, his loved ones, and Mike.  <br /><br />A part of me still thinks that something strange is going on...and it would be great to find out that he didn't die...that it just had to be the 'official' story, for whatever reason.  But maybe that's just the 'hoaxer' in me.<br /><br />Here's the first youtube tribute vid I've come across...<br /><br />
    <br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.<br /><br />
  • ChinbieChinbie Posts: 160
    on 1314229526:
    <br />If Mr Dileo really passed away, this must be a very sad day for Michael. I share your sorrow with you Michael and sending you a big hug. Rest in Peace Frank. I'm just hoping this is a part of the hoax and he is still alive.<br />
    <br />can't agree more :'(<br />all of us are hoping it's part of haox<br />and Frank will come back w/ Michael<br />Frank really a sincere fd
  • Michael told Frank on the night before he "died", "Thanks for taking me this far.  I can take it from here."  RIP Frank...  Michael, sorry for your loss.  :cry:
  • andy1andy2andy1andy2 Posts: 212
    Just finished watching TMZ and there was no mention about Dileo's death.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    This is really sad...my heart goes out to all of Frank's family and friends, and especially to Michael. This must be very hard for him. First Peter, then Elizabeth, now Frank...Stay strong Michael...I Love you!<br /><br />R.I.P Frank!
  • there don't seem to be any twitter post from any of the jackson family about this. do you think they would or not? only randy commented when he was first ill right? funny how long ago was that anyway? <br /> afraid/  when you can't shut the hoax part of your brain off at  a time like this  :-[ :(
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    I wl wait anyway@  its make me 2 come back to Elizabeth passing- wth all my respect BUT WHY in the world she was requesting to be buried next 2 Michael in FL IF SHE EXACTLY KNOW  THAT HE IS ALIVE @ ?? I wl see 2 outcome :  FL was add to Liz passing because it may make.believe that Michael is really there 0r - Dame Elizabeth is hoaxing her death to support MJ coming back  - that scenario i totally invision.  U may call me nuts but I will  b holding my doubts on the passing  of these two major figure of Michaels life and carrier - until more proofs wl coming our way and this is hard now  since everything can be fabricated after Michael fake his death@@. Blessings everyone!
  • is there still nothing from tmz?<br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Something's fishy....so we wait....and watch.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    So many dead people close to Michael just makes me think who's the next :(.<br /><br />Thank God his parents are still alive at 80.<br /><br />Anyway I can't forget "the kid" (as Frank called MJ) fired Frank in the past...but I can't remember why. The same with Branca....and he rehired them for TII...strange<br /><br />
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    It was just posted on Michael's facebook, so it is true<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson<br /><br />I am very sorry...
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    FRANK DILEO IS A FRAUD & HE WASN'T REHIRED BY MICHAEL JACKSON <br /><br />Sorry, but after 2 years...I don't believe in co-incidences anymore.  Is KISS the clue??  And if so, was DiLeo murdered.???<br /><br />
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    Paris on Dileo:<br /><br />PariisJaxnCrew @pariisjaxn Frank Dileo Die<br />8 hours ago <br /><br />pariisjaxn Paris Jinx Jackson <br /> @PariisJaxnCrew he did?<br />8 hours ago <br /><br /> PariisJaxnCrew @pariisjaxn he died! :(<br /><br />@PariisJaxnCrew O<br />8 hours ago<br /><br /><br /><br />"O"? As in "Oh..".  How can she be that cold? I mean would you say just that....? -"he did?" <br /><br />People were very impressed on twitter, forums....