This Is It Doubles.........

1235»

Comments

• YoungMackYoungMack Posts: 347
    I just find it hard to believe thats mj dancing during that little dancing solo in billie jean at the end. If it is then he was reeeeaalllllllly rusty but I juat dont think MJ could everbe that off in my opinion.
  • leilani81leilani81 Posts: 484
    I just rewatched it, no it's definately him, It does look rather rusty and less "performed" than a lot of them but i guess depends on what the intention of that moment was for, was it to mark his places? was it just to help the singers get to the right keys and timing? was it for lighting? I would think if it wasn't being done to practice the moves he would just do general kind of "ok this is where i will be standing" and not so much moving. He lookx stange in some of the performances but i figured out he was cueing others around him for various reasons. so it may not look like it's him because we have only seen him mainly  at the final result when his on stage for real. Rehersals aren't fluid, that generally comes with the dress rehersals and even then not always. Just my thoughts <br /><br />I couldn't hear the water though unless you mean when his walking to the back of the stage after kenny comes on stage?<br /><br />which could mean something or nothing, he might have been thirsty?<br /><br />I don't know when the speach was done, it's not really stated it was directly after billiejean it could have been at the very end of that night but when they produced this is it they thought of putting it before man in the mirror which is rather interesting.. talks of 4 years to get it right, spreading love and then singing a song about looking at him self and making a change  :icon_question:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It’s all for illusion, and he’s the master of disguise!  We have to realize it’s the act of a magician—All MJ, except for the briefest of inserts of a look-a-like/dress-alike. A magician doesn't give away major roles to others.<br /><br />curls<br />
    I love these conversations! I've been on both sides of the fence .... and on top .... and back again!<br /><br />Do you know what I just realised?  It used to matter to me, it used to be important to me to know who was or wasn't MJ, I didn't want to be 'fooled' or 'tricked'.  Now I find it quite amusing! Hats off to MJ for weaving this nice little aside into his master plan!<br /><br />I think O2 MJ is the real deal because of very subtle mannerisms that he didn't manage to avoid in his 'I'm going to play this a bit off' performance!<br /><br />I think TII MJ is mostly the real deal, possibly even all, with the same deliberate 'off' performances, but could be doubles - IDK. I've watched it so many times that the 'doubles' are so familiar now, they don't seem so 'off' any more - I've grown to love them!<br /><br />If I eventually find out I am totally wrong, and it was all doubles, it really won't matter - I will laugh and applaud MJ for the drama and controversy and trouble he's caused!! But I admit I'll laugh and applaud more if it was all him! <br /><br />(One question: if he wanted to use 'stand-ins' so he could see from the audience's point of view, how things looked on stage, would he need to go to the trouble of finding lookalikes or doubles? Wouldn't Travis, say in shades and an MJ jacket, suffice? To me, another reason to believe TII was not genuine rehearsal footage, but was always intended to be a movie - of MJ!)
    <br />Yep, yep! Exactly! The world has no clue at Michael's genius, even in this 'little' aspect! They are being toyed with like a cat with a mouse! :icon_mrgreen:<br /><br />Sweetsunset<br />
    I will appreciate if you post those pics so we can close this issue once and for all, the theory of two Michaels could be possible too so if we see those pics we can compare them here.
    <br />We've been there, done that so many times before, and it never closes anything, just more debate.  But I agree with you –all MJ! :D<br /><br />I think it’s a fake ear piece put on, coming out of Klein’s office, just like the Pepsi fire is a fake scalp piece.<br /><br />The 2 pics of MJ In TII that have another MJ in same pic, is similar to some set pics showing another stand-in like in, In the Closet, and Bad (I think). Either it’s long-term trickery (27 years +) for hoax purposes (my firm belief), or they need two for the briefest of shots, which relieves MJ a little on set.  In Leave me alone, an MJ mannequin is used.<br />