MJ's Billie Jean vs "MJ's" Billie Jean

Comments

• The funny thing about Billie Jean in This Is It is the fact "he" starts with the wrong leg @ 0:15 in this video.

As you can see he switches quick after "he" noticed "he" started with the wrong leg in front.

I think it´s an impersonator since Michael Jackson wouldn´t make such simple mistakes like this.

There are many impersonators who are left handed/footed too.

[youtube:2ebca6oe]

[youtube:2ebca6oe]

You SURE he started with the wrong leg/foot?
    The left foot/leg theory is mute.
    The video I have added is from The 30th Anniversary Show. Michael starts with his left foot. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Peace
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    The funny thing about Billie Jean in This Is It is the fact "he" starts with the wrong leg @ 0:15 in this video.

As you can see he switches quick after "he" noticed "he" started with the wrong leg in front.

I think it´s an impersonator since Michael Jackson wouldn´t make such simple mistakes like this.

There are many impersonators who are left handed/footed too.

[youtube:272v9cvj]

[youtube:272v9cvj]

You SURE he started with the wrong leg/foot?
    The left foot/leg theory is mute.
    The video I have added is from The 30th Anniversary Show. Michael starts with his left foot. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Peace

TII BJ-MJ hesitates. He starts with right, then quickly corrects himself.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• that beginnig was like a strip tease in reverse <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mjwrmjwr Posts: 60
    TII BJ-MJ hesitates. He starts with right, then quickly corrects himself.

That's exactly what I ment. I haven't found any Michael Jackson rehearsal/performance videos

where he started with the wrong leg. But hey "time will tell" <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    I never notice the wrong foot... wow! I always have this feeling that at some point are both on stage, MJ and the Impersonator... I don´t know why, but I have this feeling... but at the speech I think is HIM!
  • vilte90vilte90 Posts: 148
    I don't want to think it's not MJ <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> I don't want to see doubles in the movie <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> I just don't know what to think because it seems that it's the real, our MJ <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    I don't want to think it's not MJ <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> I don't want to see doubles in the movie <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> I just don't know what to think because it seems that it's the real, our MJ <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

the orange pants dude doesnt look like our MJ and DONT ACT like our MJ... so if it's MJ then I dont understand what he's trying to do...
    orange dude cant dance... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> it looks like his arms and legs are broken or something...
    I think where is doubles in film.. there are to many MJ's who are so different from our MJ... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Something about orange pants guy is *definitely* off with all that flailing about he does, so I do agree that there are doubles in the film, but I was never too sure about this part. My theory is that what we see weren't really rehearsals for the concert, but that this was just done for the movie. In this case Michael wouldn't really be rehearsing. Instead he would try to make it *look like* he was rehearsing. Michael has some sort of special connection with the music and he's often stated that he becomes one with the beat. It must have been a very different experience for him to purposely make it appear as if he were not giving his all. It would be like he was fighting against the natural movements that his body wants to make. This could be a possible reason for some of the awkwardness. Although I can't really explain him starting off on the wrong foot. Even though if I were a double in this film I would have made sure I got it right. And if it is a double, it sure is weird that the editors chose to include such an obvious mistake in the film. So I'm still on the fence, but I just wanted to offer my viewpoint.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Something about orange pants guy is *definitely* off with all that flailing about he does, so I do agree that there are doubles in the film, but I was never too sure about this part. My theory is that what we see weren't really rehearsals for the concert, but that this was just done for the movie. In this case Michael wouldn't really be rehearsing. Instead he would try to make it *look like* he was rehearsing. Michael has some sort of special connection with the music and he's often stated that he becomes one with the beat. It must have been a very different experience for him to purposely make it appear as if he were not giving his all. It would be like he was fighting against the natural movements that his body wants to make. This could be a possible reason for some of the awkwardness. Although I can't really explain him starting off on the wrong foot. Even though if I were a double in this film I would have made sure I got it right. And if it is a double, it sure is weird that the editors chose to include such an obvious mistake in the film. So I'm still on the fence, but I just wanted to offer my viewpoint.

I'm right there on the fence with you! Surely the normal purpose of using doubles would be so people wouldn't suspect it wasn't MJ. You'd want someone who could at least do a passable copy of his dancing, especially in such a well known routine as Billie Jean. Orange pants guy, bless him, just doesn't come close! So I'm steering towards it being MJ trying to look like a (poor) double! Or it's an intentionally poor double! It must be intentional - there's no way MJ could've expected to get away with no-one suspecting anything. He wanted us to start questioning these odd things.

I do hope we eventually get to find out!
  • BambiMJBambiMJ Posts: 67
    You to forget a thing:
    Michael had osteoarthritis with the spinal column.
    The pains are mechanical pace: maximum the morning and the evening, and worsened by the movement.
    They can obstruct the sleep.
    The movements of the spinal column (former inflection, side inflection, extension) are more or less limited according to width of arthritic attack.

For the shoes:
    Is thus important that the patients suffering osteoarthritis fit in an adequate way: take care well to choose shoes with thick and soft soles having the property d' to deaden and stabilize the shocks.
    Choreography:
    If Michael would have exchange choreography, was, to be better, but in the video the gesture of Michael are jerked, not continuity…

If is Michael?? Can be...
    Michael is an human being and like us all, has a certain age one to undergo the devastation of old age.
    Early or late.
  • I'm watching this is it right now, and i'm just noticing that he actually DOES moonwalk in billie jean. its towards the end, he takes off his shades, he does kind of like a swirl motion with his hand, points to the ground, points to the audience, goes back by the keyboard, and moonwalks!
    i mean, granted its only 3 strides...definitely not the same moonwalk he did at motown 25...but its a moonwalk nonetheless!! haha and its something i JUST noticed after allllll the times i've watched this is it, so i had to share <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • robdrobd Posts: 106
    Call me crazy but one theory I came up with is this ... perhaps because MJ knew he was being screwed big time by AEG and had the plan up his sleeve to fake his death to get out of the contract - then perhaps he delberately did not give AEG the satisfaction of having his legendary live Billie Jean dance captured on film for them to make money with? Perhaps his dancing in the entire TII was deliberately 'off' for a reason?
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    Or maybe he was a decade older
  • Now i will agree, his moves where off on TII, especially on Billie jean. And i know everyone is gonna say "It was just a rehearsal so he wasnt going all out" Well for the people who are gonna use that excuse, go to youtube and look up the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals, and you will see how he really rehearsed. In TII he looks as though hes just dilly dallying around stage just going through the motions. In his past rehearsals, you can tell hes not giving it his all but he still goes through the whole routines and performs them quite sharply and it still leaves you in awe. Now......
    I believe it was MJ in TII. There is no reason for him to use an impersonator for the rehearsals. There is no gain or benefits for mj to use an impersonator. And anyhow you can tell its mj by so many things. certain small key moves that he does, his hands, and when he does that small part from speechless its obvious its him.
    So maybe he didnt Dazzle us with his moves because hes waiting to do that when he comes back. Remember in Willy wonka and the chocolate factory, when wonka first comes out to greet his guest. he comes out acting all old and crippled and BAM!!! He does a role and shows he still got it!!
    Now i will agree, his moves where off on TII, especially on Billie jean. And i know everyone is gonna say "It was just a rehearsal so he wasnt going all out" Well for the people who are gonna use that excuse, go to youtube and look up the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals, and you will see how he really rehearsed. In TII he looks as though hes just dilly dallying around stage just going through the motions. In his past rehearsals, you can tell hes not giving it his all but he still goes through the whole routines and performs them quite sharply and it still leaves you in awe. Now......
    I believe it was MJ in TII. There is no reason for him to use an impersonator for the rehearsals. There is no gain or benefits for mj to use an impersonator. And anyhow you can tell its mj by so many things. certain small key moves that he does, his hands, and when he does that small part from speechless its obvious its him.
    So maybe he didnt Dazzle us with his moves because hes waiting to do that when he comes back. Remember in Willy wonka and the chocolate factory, when wonka first comes out to greet his guest. he comes out acting all old and crippled and BAM!!! He does a role and shows he still got it!!

Then explain to me the dancing in TII where we see parts of him in Smooth Criminal, The way you make me feel, J5 medley and Thriller wher (at the times it's him and not a double) he IS showing he still got it? Besides that, the differences in body shape are too big.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Now i will agree, his moves where off on TII, especially on Billie jean. And i know everyone is gonna say "It was just a rehearsal so he wasnt going all out" Well for the people who are gonna use that excuse, go to youtube and look up the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals, and you will see how he really rehearsed. In TII he looks as though hes just dilly dallying around stage just going through the motions. In his past rehearsals, you can tell hes not giving it his all but he still goes through the whole routines and performs them quite sharply and it still leaves you in awe. Now......

Then explain to me the dancing in TII where we see parts of him in Smooth Criminal, The way you make me feel, J5 medley and Thriller wher (at the times it's him and not a double) he IS showing he still got it? Besides that, the differences in body shape are too big.

well i dont believe that he used an impersonator for selected parts. I highly doubt his so called impersonator was nearby hidden, waiting for his que to come on for one song then go. And could you tell me the differences in body shape, because to me, it appears he lost alot of weight and i know his shoulders look alittle different but thats what happens when you get older. And one more question, what is he getting out of having an impersonator rehearse for him?
    Now i will agree, his moves where off on TII, especially on Billie jean. And i know everyone is gonna say "It was just a rehearsal so he wasnt going all out" Well for the people who are gonna use that excuse, go to youtube and look up the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals, and you will see how he really rehearsed. In TII he looks as though hes just dilly dallying around stage just going through the motions. In his past rehearsals, you can tell hes not giving it his all but he still goes through the whole routines and performs them quite sharply and it still leaves you in awe. Now......

well i dont believe that he used an impersonator for selected parts. I highly doubt his so called impersonator was nearby hidden, waiting for his que to come on for one song then go. And could you tell me the differences in body shape, because to me, it appears he lost alot of weight and i know his shoulders look alittle different but thats what happens when you get older. And one more question, what is he getting out of having an impersonator rehearse for him?
    Showing them to the world, but still no one sees it.

Showing them to the world, but still no one sees it.

Stairing at a tree, missing the forrest.
  • It was him and I am going to make a video with the gestures that he makes in TII to show that he makes them in Bucharest Dangerous tour, History Tour Finland and 30th Aniversary Special in the Billie Jean performances and we cant doubt those movements of his body flowing with the music!

Examples

1.History Tour

That hesitation bounce he does at 4:54 and the dance snap at 5:25!

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w105XxxaRMQ<!-- m -->

2.30th Anniversary Special

The MIM points from TII at 6:15

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74Y_p6or00<!-- m -->

3. Live in Bucharest

Another familiar TII move at 3:08

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaiqo5--8LI<!-- m -->

I beLIEve it was him but its just a opinion. and those are examples why.
    I have seen all the tours a hundred times and I don't see MJ in that BJ in TII at all. Let's just agree to disagree.

• CCCC Posts: 2,136

SOuza, I want your opinion on something... I feel, because of I can see, that this particullar performance that we can see in this is it have both, mj and the double, and sometimes I got the feeling that are the two on stage, together but we only see the double (like when the dancers are looking at the stage) I say this because this performance was at the beggining of the rehearsals (like the speech of MJ about the 4 years) and not at staples (I think)... could be that he was testing some dancers? they talk about eleven dancers at culver on TDCAU and I see 11 at the end of the movie... but i can´t see all them together in TII, could be that one of this dancers was the double?

SOuza, I want your opinion on something... I feel, because of I can see, that this particullar performance that we can see in this is it have both, mj and the double, and sometimes I got the feeling that are the two on stage, together but we only see the double (like when the dancers are looking at the stage) I say this because this performance was at the beggining of the rehearsals (like the speech of MJ about the 4 years) and not at staples (I think)... could be that he was testing some dancers? they talk about eleven dancers at culver on TDCAU and I see 11 at the end of the movie... but i can´t see all them together in TII, could be that one of this dancers was the double?

That has crossed my mind as well, and that is a possibility. But I really don't have a clue, for all I know it could be Johnny Depp.

• VictorVictor Posts: 582
    That has crossed my mind as well, and that is a possibility. But I really don't have a clue, for all I know it could be Johnny Depp.

Johnny Depp in TII ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> How ? lol .... Really ? wish an "MJ" mask on ? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • That has crossed my mind as well, and that is a possibility. But I really don't have a clue, for all I know it could be Johnny Depp.

Johnny Depp in TII ? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> How ? lol .... Really ? wish an "MJ" mask on ? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

Lol..I think she was joking. But the point is, it could be anyone. So much can be done with make up. It's all an illusion.
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954

I agree it's either Johnny Depp or Burt Reynolds for sure