Taj Jacksons Twitter

Comments

• I see that both Taj and Omer commented on the video on youtube.
  • Very nice videos <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I love both of them <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    Amazing video. Thanks for sharing.
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Goose bumps
  • LilouLilou Posts: 319
    I see that both Taj and Omer commented on the video on youtube.

I saw the comments on youtube

TajJackson
    il y a 1 jour 6 This video sums up my uncle perfectly. There will never be another one like him. He will truly be missed. Thank you for creating this video. I absolutely love it

please help me and tell me if we can say "He will truly be missed" ?
    In french we can't,it means he is not gone yet and the day he will die,he will be missed.

Is it strange in English??
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Thanks for posting this video - short and sweet but sums up things perfectly. Makes me want to be 'crazy' too!
  • I love the video too. Michael did dare to be different. True genius. Blessings.
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323

TajJackson
    il y a 1 jour 6 This video sums up my uncle perfectly. There will never be another one like him. He will truly be missed. Thank you for creating this video. I absolutely love it

In french we can't,it means he is not gone yet and the day he will die,he will be missed.

Technically, you're right. In English, saying "he will" refers to something in the future (just like Taj saying, "There will never be another one like him.") But this is also a common phrase that people say when talking about someone who's died. I think it's just become a cultural norm. Maybe they should say, "He will truly be missed forever" but they drop the forever part because it's implied.

To get to the heart of your question, though...I think grammatically speaking, Taj is referring to the future. However, conversationally his statement is open to interpretation.

I hope that helps. If anyone sees it differently, please feel free to correct me.
  • mmzmmz Posts: 450
    I hink this is the best video I have seen after 25. I keep it watching every day.
  • LilouLilou Posts: 319

TajJackson

Technically, you're right. In English, saying "he will" refers to something in the future (just like Taj saying, "There will never be another one like him.") But this is also a common phrase that people say when talking about someone who's died. I think it's just become a cultural norm. Maybe they should say, "He will truly be missed forever" but they drop the forever part because it's implied.

To get to the heart of your question, though...I think grammatically speaking, Taj is referring to the future. However, conversationally his statement is open to interpretation.

I hope that helps. If anyone sees it differently, please feel free to correct me.

Thank you,you're kind to have answered to my question <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I understand what you mean
  • I see that both Taj and Omer commented on the video on youtube.

TajJackson

Thank you,you're kind to have answered to my question <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I understand what you mean

I'm french too and yes it sounds weird to me too, cause in french when we use the "future" it means that the action isn't started yet. And we all know Michael is dead for more than a year, so he surely is ALREADY missed...
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    Below is an interesting tweet from Taj. He is on twitter tonight upset about that LA Article I posted on another topic regarding that SNAP organization for abused kids. Check out his tweets.

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    It's time to set the record straight that MJ was/is and always has been innocent.
    6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • Thanks Shelby - I couldn't agree more! I am drafting my carefully worded email. Blessings.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Yeah I found it interesting that he used was/is innocent. I was like how come he didn't just say was innocent. When you use the word is that's referring to the present tense. I haven't seen the article yet but it must be pretty nasty because Taj seem really upset. I don't blame him though.
  • Missyb007Missyb007 Posts: 727
    Now I do not want to be the bad girl here, but this can be seen in 2 ways.

First the non-believers: they probably take this as: Yes, he was and still is innocent (because to them he or his music lives forever so therefor the was/is)

Second the believers: They believe Michael is still alive, so for them he STILL is innocent. (is in present tense because he's still alive)

So either way you look at it, Michael lives <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Yeah I found it interesting that he used was/is innocent. I was like how come he didn't just say was innocent. When you use the word is that's referring to the present tense. I haven't seen the article yet but it must be pretty nasty because Taj seem really upset. I don't blame him though.
    Wow you hit it on the nail because the word IS is what stuck out to me also! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> !
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    Wow you hit it on the nail because the word IS is what stuck out to me also! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> !
    also "has been" is a present tense (present tense perfect). If he wanted to talk on the past he would have said "always had been". In a correct english "has been" is used when we express an action very close to the present, in a period that has not ended yet (like in the past tense), that still continues in the present.
  • I believe he use the was/is innocent. Is meaning still innocent nothing to do with a hoax. You guy sometimes should read between the lines and learn to metitate on what is being said and how it is being said and what it is in reference to.
  • TarjaTarja Posts: 645
    I believe he use the was/is innocent. Is meaning still innocent nothing to do with a hoax. You guy sometimes should read between the lines and learn to metitate on what is being said and how it is being said and what it is in reference to.

it counts very much the tense they use
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    Latest tweet from Taj re Michael's album:

tajjackson3
    Once again, completely inaccurate. <!-- m -->http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/11/05/mi ... deo-teaser<!-- m -->
    about 7 hours ago via web

<!-- m -->http://twitter.com/tajjackson3<!-- m -->
  • mjkatemjkate Posts: 276
    check out the "tense" in this tweet:

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    #messagetoMJ Uncle Michael, you are my 1500 tweet. I am your soldier & will always take care of your mom & kids like you ask me too.LLTK
    2 hours ago

"like you ask me to" not asked me too

yay <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • mjkatemjkate Posts: 276

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    #messagetoMJ Uncle Michael, you are my 1500 tweet. I am your soldier & will always take care of your mom & kids like you ask me too.LLTK
    2 hours ago

OMFG..........has this twitter account been verified? Thanks because if it has u.mmmmm I think I need a drank. Seriously.! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    2 hours ago

Sorry I dont know how the whole twitter process works but if he tweeted to MJ then what is MJ's twitter name? IDK I am noooo good at tweetin <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> g period.
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    He forgot to put asked, maybe he is talking to Michael's spirit?