Nelson De La Nuez @kingofpopart Twitter

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm looking forward to seeing his new painting, I'm sure it will be great! Sounds like he was told to sh-h as well, just like Jermaine and the others.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009
    Carnivals tend to be among the main attractions for any county fair, and this year's in Finney County has several new features. However, there is no question what will be its most visited ride, the zipper.
    Why? Because it used to be owned by the late Michael Jackson as part of his world-famous Neverland Valley Ranch.
    "Naturally the carnival is getting more notoriety because of it, but the ride's really the main attention here," says the owner of Pride of Texas Shows, Doug Barton.
    Before Jackson's death, his financial troubles were well-documented. That ultimately led to several pieces of his estate getting sold. Barton says his carnival needed a zipper, and the fact that it belonged to Jackson had nothing to do with him purchasing it.
    "I really didn't consider that it was Michael Jackson's," he says. "I just knew it was a good piece of equipment to acquire."
    The ride is 18 years old, but was believed to have less than 100 hours of operation before this year. Barton compared it to finding a 1991 car with only 10,000 miles that had been put in the garage.
    Before Jackson passed away more than a month ago, Barton says the zipper did not receive a whole lot of notoriety, but since then, he says it has become a gold mine.
    <!-- m -->http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/5193 ... FORM=ZZNR7<!-- m -->

And then someone commented today on MJ's record at the bottom!
    The Zipper first made its wicked presence in Kansas in 1968 invented by Joseph Brown of Chance Mfg USA. Since this time more than 200 rides have been built - distributed all over the world, making it one of the most mass-produced modern-day rides of all time.
    This ride is the standard measuring stick to which all other “scary” rides are measured - if your body can handle two and a half minutes on the Zipper you can handle any other ride on a carnival midway (with possible exception of its cousin - Turbo). The ride is lean, mean - and very rarely clean: the firmly padded, inner-carriage cushioning has its fair share of wipe-downs.
    The Zipper is a great ride to watch - 19 tonnes of modestly decorated, well-welded steel. Minimal attempt has been made to modernise the ride over its 37 years of operation - the basic structural blue-prints remain the same. The Zipper isn’t out to impress its audience with any warm and fuzzy themes - just untamed, mechanical chaos in its purest form.
    Zipper’s 12 passenger cages are all about practicality. Just large enough to encase two human bodies side by side - not for the weak-hearted or claustrophobic! No body-hugging safety restraints either, just a lap bar attached to the door, and some rungs to tightly hold on to (if you don’t your head will collide with the grab-bars in front of you!)
    Each cage rotates freely on an off-centre axis, while the cages (connected to a cable) move around the main boom at 4 rpm. Furthermore, the whole boom rotates on its own axis at 7 rpm. This creates a completely chaotic ride pattern - flipping riders with maximum white-knuckle force. Definitely not something to take your grandma on!
    The Zipper is a ride which is either loved and appreciated in all its mechanical glory - or despised as an evil machine of terror. You decide.
    No carnival is complete without a Zipper - no ride even slightly resembles it; it’s truly unique and will always hold a space in any carnival of the future. While it’s not fun for the whole family, it never fails to hold appeal to a strong minority of adrenaline-junkie regular riders.
    Specifications
    Number of cars 12
    Maximum number of passengers per seat 2 adults or 3 children
    Maximum passenger weight per seat 153kg (340lbs)
    Maximum total passenger weight 1,836kg (4,080 lbs)
    Minimum passenger height (unaccompanied) 122cm (4 feet)
    Recommended ride duration 2 min.
    Maximum ride duration 2.5 min.
    Main Boom speed 7.5 RPM
    Cable speed 4 RPM
    Maximum ride weight (EMPTY) 43,000 lbs (19,350kg)
    Maximum height 56ft (16.80m)
    Ride width 17.1 m / 57 ft
    Ride depth 16.2 m / 54 ft
    Joey Madriaga was fortunate to work on the 2nd Zipper ever made by Chance, belonging to West Coast Shows and offers this fascinating insight:
    • 3 Zipper’s were already ordered by West Coast Shows, while the first one was 60 days from being completed
    • The ride sold for a price of $32,000. Comparatively, a 16-seat Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel sold for $9,800.
    • The original speed on the first Zipper’s boom was 11rpm. (FAST) and the cable speed 7 rpm. These speeds are just under TWICE as fast as it operates now. At this speed, the operator could make the cars spin constantly - up to 8 times between the edges of the boom.
    • With operating speeds nearly double today’s, owners were paying ever-increasing insurance premiums with common cases of whiplash, back-aches and heart attack. Subsequently, Harold Chance had the speeds revised to today’s slower RPM.
    Comments:
    139. Michael Jackson holds the world record on the “Zipper” carnival ride – he rode for 35 minutes straight!!! <3
    L.o.v.e.
    Romi - June 16th, 2011 at 10:42 am
    <!-- m -->http://www.ride-extravaganza.com/thrill/zipper/<!-- m -->
  • hmm.. "The Greatest Show On Earth" painting. Interesting! Possibly, Cirque du Soleil does business with De La Nuez for the Immortal Tour. CDS is now in safe wall art too <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=248&t=18930#p335076<!-- l -->

In a Zipper Carnival ride <!-- safraid/ -->afraid/<!-- safraid/ --> I'll look like this <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr --> . I prefer Space Mountain or Splash Mountain <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

LOL.....I'm terrified of the Zipper ride.....can do just about everything else....not that one for some reason. I am competitive, however. I might just have to face my fears, and beat his record!

Thanks for the post.....I look forward to seeing this painting. I am sure it will be beautiful!

Blessings Always
    LOL.....I'm terrified of the Zipper ride.....can do just about everything else....not that one for some reason. I am competitive, however. I might just have to face my fears, and beat his record!
    I know, I want that too, I'd go on board of the Zipper with a <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> face which expresses "pfffff no big deal, I can do that, let's beat that record", but after a few seconds I'm sure I can't hide my <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> face, asking myself "why did I eat so much popcorn? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    kingofpopart Nelson De La Nuez
    Ok...I am posting my new piece #TheGreatestShowOnEarth This is not a full photo of painting which has great sides on it twitpic.com/5d2rwu

2zstjlf.jpg

#TheGreatestShowOnEarth refers to the old sideshow days w/spectacular people & shows that most didn't even believe were real

Yes..I do have references in there to amazing people who have also been part of some of the #GreatestShowsOnEarth

If you can blow up the image a bit, you can see hidden small references Enjoy! twitpic.com/5d2u8v

rockwitlili Lisa
    Do you have to get permission from the estate to use MJ's images @kingofpopart ?

@rockwitlili Possibly, if I used actual image-that's why I have not yet done a piece of just him, unless I do an original, which I could do

I can see it might keep u guys busy..there's a lot to see in it & I know 1 person who decodes every little thing I have done

Dangerous_Inc ♆
    @kingofpopart Or you could just ask MJ himself for permission couldnt you? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

@Dangerous_Inc <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

If u own my book, u know all the hidden secrets in the Donut Queen & it's amazing relation to #MichaelJackson 1 person decoded a lot of it

misscoppelia coppelia
    @kingofpopart If I understand you well, we need your book to decrypt the messages that are hidden in your painting ! I want it right now !

@misscoppelia No no..u don't have to have my book

daggonitmj JoMama
    RETWEETED by kingofpopart
    @kingofpopart <!-- m -->http://twitpic.com/5d2rwu<!-- m --> - Interesting, I wonder what's written on that UFO "625 2009"? Really great conversational piece!
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    On the UFO I it's written written 625 2009? or 2011? I don't get what would be the fun in writing that date there anyway

Look what someone asked nelson:

rockwitlili to Nelson:

Do you have to get permission from the estate to use MJ's images @kingofpopart ?

@rockwitlili Possibly, if I used actual image-that's why I have not yet done a piece of just him, unless I do an original, which I could do

Dangerous_Inc to Nelson:

@kingofpopart Or you could just ask MJ himself for permission couldnt you? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

@Dangerous_Inc :)

so if he complains again of people who read more than it's normal, then he must be crazy. Dangerous_Inc tells him he could ask Michael himself for permission to paint him and he just answers with ":)". I don't get why he's doing this and I find it very strange that he suddenly now thought of painting The Greatest Show on Earth.

One of his twitts: #TheGreatestShowOnEarth refers to the old sideshow days w/spectacular people & shows that most didn't even believe were real

Yes..I do have references in there to amazing people who have also been part of some of the #GreatestShowsOnEarth
  • MJhunnyMJhunny Posts: 239
    on "MJ" image : "fake 7 cafe"
    on ringmasters hat : "33"
    i cant blow the pic up without losing alot of detail , but i'd love to see this large and sharp.
    Is that the "death date" on the UFO ??
    What is goin on???? Think i'll try to talk with Nelson later if he comes onto twitter...
  • JulietMJ_ALIVE Juliet

@kingofpopart Yes but when it's about the death of someone you love then things change
    11 hours ago
    in reply to ↑

@kingofpopart
    Nelson De La Nuez
    @JulietMJ_ALIVE Haven't you ever celebrated someone's life instead if grieving? That's what he wants
    On the UFO I it's written written 625 2009? or 2011? I don't get what would be the fun in writing that date there anyway

Look what someone asked nelson:

rockwitlili to Nelson:

Dangerous_Inc to Nelson:

@Dangerous_Inc :)

so if he complains again of people who read more than it's normal, then he must be crazy. Dangerous_Inc tells him he could ask Michael himself for permission to paint him and he just answers with ":)". I don't get why he's doing this and I find it very strange that he suddenly now thought of painting The Greatest Show on Earth.

One of his twitts: #TheGreatestShowOnEarth refers to the old sideshow days w/spectacular people & shows that most didn't even believe were real

I'm not so sure what to think of Nelson really. Does he know about the hoax? After he made those tweets about MJ to come and stay at his cabin, I was sure that he knows. Maybe he was told but maybe he just found out somethings odd about MJ's "death and can not decide to believe or not to. But his paintings are very interesting, that's for sure.

On the UFO it is 625 2009. Well maybe he wrote MJ's "death" date on it because UFOs are also a big debate topic. Some say that they are real and some say they are not. Isn't it the same with Michael's "death"? Some say it is real and some say it isn't.
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    Ok...I am posting my new piece #TheGreatestShowOnEarth This is not a full photo of painting which has great sides on it twitpic.com/5d2rwu

2zstjlf.jpg

#TheGreatestShowOnEarth refers to the old sideshow days w/spectacular people & shows that most didn't even believe were real

If you can blow up the image a bit, you can see hidden small references Enjoy! twitpic.com/5d2u8v

One word: [glow=red:3kokf7ph]Fantastic[/glow:3kokf7ph] I enjoy it a lot - thank you, Mr. De La Nuez! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    Is that P.T. Barnum riding on an elephant with an umbrella in his hand? I can´t detect all details because I sadly don´t know how to blow the image up - maybe this is the reason why I also can`t deny a certain semblance with Humpty Dumpty... <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

But either way, this picture really intrigues me...
    Barnum & the elephant remind me of the Ringling Bros./ Barnum & Bailey Circus performance at the Staples Centre on the day after M´s Memorial.
    I think the white rabitt speaks for itself... <!-- salbino/ -->albino/<!-- salbino/ --> M2k_-_Cheshire_Cat_Smiley.gif

The Spidora <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> TII <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> Resurrection?

Pure Love´s interpretation of the ufo makes perfectly sense to me.
    On the UFO it is 625 2009. Well maybe he wrote MJ's "death" date on it because UFOs are also a big debate topic. Some say that they are real and some say they are not. Isn't it the same with Michael's "death"? Some say it is real and some say it isn't. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Does somebody know by chance if there is a full or a bigger image of this painting?
    It´s highly fascinating...
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    nelson10.jpg
  • mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
    It's now released and you can buy those without MJ for 4500$ ( still available <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> )

The Greatest Show on Earth NEW!
    NEW RELEASE!—a hand painted, limited edition canvas in the size of 36″x54″x3″
    This artwork has 3″ original designed De La Nuez “Art on the Edge” sides to match the piece–all 4 canvas sides contain hilarious, fun side show acts!

*There is a 2nd version of this (with Michael Jackson in it) available upon request.

product_img_606_481x667.jpg

http://www.kingofpopart.com/shop/shop-gallery/pop-surreal-series/the-greatest-show-on-earth-new

In this picture, there is that there are other drawings by the side of the left side
    ... And in the place where it was the drawing of Michael there is another,.. i don't know what figure is that, these tables are not equal
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    kingofpopart

Hanging out w/my friend staying w/me from FL & have a client picking up canvas today
    @PopLandStudios Then it's party time tonight!!
    4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    kingofpopart

Hanging out w/my friend staying w/me from FL & have a client picking up canvas today

FL= Forrest Lawn? <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927

In this picture, there is that there are other drawings by the side of the left side

Yes, if you go to his website:

<!-- m -->http://www.kingofpopart.com/shop/shop-g ... earth-new/<!-- m -->

You can see a closer picture listed....about the side pictures. They all have to do with circus side-show acts.....freak acts. There are 7 of them down the side of the painting. All but one say the word, "Alive" with the circus freak act:
    These are the ones you can see on his website...they are different from what we see above:

-Woman____ Stone Alive
    -Rubber Skin Man Alive
    -Garrotte
    -Gorilla Girl Alive
    -Cleo Moon Girl Alive
    -Armless Wonder Alive
    -Alligator Girl Alive

Garrotte is a Medieval torture device:

<!-- m -->http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/misc/torture/27.html<!-- m -->

Odd choice to include with circus freaks...........

Blessings!
    kingofpopart

FL= Forrest Lawn? <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> yeah that would be nice but FL is Florida. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    New tweets from Nelson...it´s been a long time  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />He´s on holidays right now.<br /><br />Thanks to my friend Sandra B. for the screenshots<br /><br />nelson1.jpg<br /><br />nelson2k.jpg
  • :icon_eek:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1359308993:
    <br /> :icon_eek:<br />
    <br /><br /><br /> :icon_e_surprised: :animal0017:
  • @MaryK...thanks for sharing these are great news if they were true and he is not fooling us, it reminds me of Teddy Riley always talking about Michael in present tense.<br /><br />
  • I suspect he has some new artwork on the horizon, as he always uses Michael's name to draw attention to himself.
  • Hello everyone,<br /><br />nice Picture postet by Nelson. Take a look.<br /><br />http://pics.lockerz.com/s/282606201<br /><br />Much Peace and Love to everyone.
  • on 1360669468:
    <br />Hello everyone,<br /><br />nice Picture postet by Nelson. Take a look.<br /><br />http://pics.lockerz.com/s/282606201<br /><br />Much Peace and Love to everyone.<br />
    <br /><br />Is that ECas?  I get them mixed up cuz there are so many and they seem to be everywhere  :icon_e_confused: