LONDON....2012 OLYMPICS

Comments

• likemikelikemike Posts: 105
    Watch these videos <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • @ curls - i watched these videos a while ago and they are the reason i am concerned. i hope to god they are wrong and this is sensationalism. but they just feel too much like 911 / london bombings... i have tried ot explain to the family. they care about his 'general safety' but dont believe that terror is a threat at the olympics. living in a bubble.<br /><br />i can tell you, i honestly feel helpless. <br />
  • mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
    0.jpg<br /><br />Muse – Survival Lyrics<br /><br />Race, life’s a race<br />And I am gonna win<br />Yes, I am gonna win<br /><br />And I’ll light the fuse<br />And I’ll never lose<br />And I choose to survive<br />Whatever it takes<br />You won’t pull ahead<br />I’ll keep up the pace<br />And i’ll give you my strenght<br />To the whole human race<br />Yes i am prepared<br />To stay alive<br />And i won’t fogive, vengance is mine<br />And i won’t give in<br />Because i choose to thrive<br /><br />I’m gonna win<br /><br />Race, it’s a race<br />But i’m gonna win<br />Yes i’m gonna win<br />And will light the fuse<br />I’ll never lose<br />And i choose to survive<br />Whatever it takes<br />You won’t ṗull ahead<br />I’ll keep up the pace<br />And i’ll refill my strenght<br />To the whole human race<br />Yes i am the man<br /><br />Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!<br />Win! Win! Win! Win!<br /><br />Yes i’m gonna win<br /><br />
  • leilani81leilani81 Posts: 484
    James Bond star Daniel Craig has been invited by The Queen to open the 2012 Olympic games | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre<br /><br />"Mission ... 'Now then, 007', says M. 'Head to the Palace. HM has a job for you. Get it right or you're for the high jump'<br />“It will be a magical scene for all watching at home and inside the stadium on July 27.<br /><br />“Working out the logistics of filming has taken months and hasn’t been easy — but it will be worth it in the end.”<br /><br />Crew members were given strict instructions not to tell any members of the public what they were filming. Cameras and mobiles were banned on the set. The film — to be fed into the opening ceremony — was given the name “The Arrival”.<br /><br /><br />Who is this M??? Anyone know? I have NEVER watched a James Bond Movie so I don't know if there is a person by M in any others who gives Bond missions/commands. <br /><br />
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    @ leilani81 - "M" is a character from James Bond...... the Head of Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)<br /><br />Muse are one of my most favourite bands.<br /><br />I heard their new release played today on Australia's radio station Triple J.<br /><br />Muse write songs about very important issues.....MK Ultra, government control, Stockholm Syndrome, political issues and uprising. They had a concert at Wembley stadium named H.A.A.R.P <br /><br />
    <br /><br />(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program)    <br /><br />Their last album was named "Resistance" which was released in Sept 2009. I have read alot about them and also listened to interviews and am pretty sure they are very interested in what people call "conspiracy theories" which many of their songs cover. The way they released this album was interesting......an ARG 
    > here is the website for it, called United States of Eurasia :    Muse — PROJECT EURASIA<br /><br />...fans had to try to decipher codes found all over the world to enter into their website before a certain cut-off date and all sorts of other challenges and then it would unlock songs, or bits of songs, on the new album.....it was brilliant....reminded me of the Nine Inch Nails Year Zero ARG. I tried to get involved but found it too hard for my feeble mind and was at the time starting to get wrapped up in MJ's ARG  :icon_cool:<br /><br />An EXTREMELY interesting image from their last concert series......their stage prop which very much resembles the World Trade Centre (except there are 3  in this prop) all 3 members were raised up on these during their performance.  SO I am very intrigued as to why this new Muse song is being used for the London Olympics.<br /><br />800px-MuseNIA.JPG
    on 1340891009:
    <br />@ leilani81 - "M" is a character from James Bond...... the Head of Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)<br />
    <br /><br />Ah, I thought it might be. <br /><br />
    An EXTREMELY interesting image from their last concert series......their stage prop which very much resembles the World Trade Centre (except there are 3  in this prop) all 3 members were raised up on these during their performance.  SO I am very intrigued as to why this new Muse song is being used for the London Olympics
    <br /><br />From what I just read, they  as well as Cold play and Joss Stone are performing at the Olympics, they wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. <br /><br />MUSE<br /><br />they sound awesome, I never heard of them until now though, I must be walking around with my fingers in my ears.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Very interesting info!<br />Love the Muse Olympics song!
    on 1340893652:
    <br />
    on 1340891009:
    <br />@ leilani81 - "M" is a character from James Bond...... the Head of Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)<br />
    <br /><br />Ah, I thought it might be. <br /><br />
    An EXTREMELY interesting image from their last concert series......their stage prop which very much resembles the World Trade Centre (except there are 3  in this prop) all 3 members were raised up on these during their performance.  SO I am very intrigued as to why this new Muse song is being used for the London Olympics
    <br /><br />From what I just read, they  as well as Cold play and Joss Stone are performing at the Olympics, they wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. <br /><br />MUSE<br /><br />they sound awesome, I never heard of them until now though, I must be walking around with my fingers in my ears.<br />
    <br /><br />If you want to catch up on their music here is their YouTube site: The Official Muse YouTube Channel - YouTube<br /><br />and here is their webpage:  MUSE<br /><br />Some of their music (older and current) is quite heavy, which I like, but some people aren't into that.<br /><br />I have very eclectic taste in music...from Muse to Michael Jackson ;D<br /><br />
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Muse opening for the Olympics in LONDON home of the Queen????<br /><br />That would have been like the Jefferson Airplane opening for the Nixon campaign!  <br /><br />Something is not right!  (or, maybe something IS finally right!)
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This song is pathetic and platitudinous.
  • they certainly have something to say.... on the MK stuff too in the previous album...<br /><br /><br />@ grace... i am embarrassed to say that i had to look up the word platitudinous.... LOL<br /><br /><br />1. A trite or banal remark or statement, especially one expressed as if it were original or significant. See Synonyms at cliché.<br />2. Lack of originality; triteness.<br /><br /><br />yes, what they say is not original. but if it were true and they are trying to get a message out, does it matter that the idea / words / message is not originally theirs if it creates awareness....<br /><br />dont have an opinion. just playing devils advocate.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Sounds like a song designed for a " Ritual for Sacrafice".....can you just imagine it???  I will survive what??  The Zion London Olympic Games of 2012 terroist attack??
  • as i have said in other threads, i am really worried about my little brother in law competing in the olympic games in July.<br /><br />he is competing for australia in the craft of judo. i asked him has their been any briefing on emergency evacuation, etc. there has been none.<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    on 1340943640:
    <br />as i have said in other threads, i am really worried about my little brother in law competing in the olympic games in July.<br /><br />he is competing for australia in the craft of judo. i asked him has their been any briefing on emergency evacuation, etc. there has been none.<br /><br />his name is mark. he is my husbands half brother (my husbands father married twice)<br /><br /><br />London 2012 - Mark Anthony<br />
    <br /><br />Sorry Aussie...I didn't know you knew someone going to London.  Security has been stepped up heaps, but it still concerns me that something will happen...<br /><br />But then again, never expect what you're expecting to happen.  The terroist are smarter than that.  Its too obvious and there's no element of surprise if it does happen....<br /><br />I wish your half brother-in-law lots of luck...He's already a winner..xxxx<br /><br />illuminati ritual LONDON OLYMPICS / Glastonbury - YouTube<br />
    on 1340943054:
    <br />Sounds like a song designed for a " Ritual for Sacrafice".....can you just imagine it???  I will survive what??  The Zion London Olympic Games of 2012 terroist attack??<br />
    <br /><br />hmmmm .....yes......interesting considering the themes they have covered in their previous music. I don't think it is one of their better songs.<br /><br />@Aussie...I hope your bro-in-law does really well.<br /><br />I have close friends going over to London with their 2 kids soon to attend the Olympics, so I really hope everything will be OK.
  • @ Adi - thank you. As long as he gets back safely, I dont care how he does in regards of medaling.<br /><br /><br />@ 2good - no need to apologise dear. i'm not sensitive to hearing about it. just saying it is a real concern of mine. hopefully unfounded. i spoke about it in another olympics related thread a few weeks ago. i have spoken to some family members (to no avail) about my concerns of terrorism and general safety during the olympic games. of course i didn't tell them that my concerns were initiated and based on several clips i watched on youtube... its not that my husbands family didnt take what i was saying seriously, its more that they dont 'get' what i am trying to say. the live in a bubble somewhat... (the kind of right wing, nationalist conservatives that subscribe to the likes of "o'riley factor' and beleive that ALL terrorist events are ALWAYS concocted by muslim minorities from third world countries in an attempt to gain their 13 virgins.. :icon_rolleyes: SOOOOOOOO glad my husband is differnt from his father!)<br /><br />i guess they want to stay positive. my brother in law has trained since he was 5 years old for this moment... they dont want some paranoid, extreme, conspiracy believing, marxist pacifist, (aka, me, LOL) meddeling in their gold medal dreams.... doing well is their major concern at present.<br /><br />the best i could do was encourage my young brother in law, to find out when he arrives at the olympic village for delegates, what information is available about emergency exists, evacuation procedures, know where nearest hospital is, etc should an emergency (of any kind) happen.<br /><br />he is young and didnt get it... <br /><br />so the best i can do is pray for his safe return and hope to god that my concerns about the olympics are founded on random internet sensationalist propaganda...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />by the way... was just listening to triple J this arvo and there was a whole segment dedicated to this song and they olympics and how over the top and bombastic this song is... i thought of you both and thought it was weird... was just on this thread at work then jumped in my car to go home and there was a feature interview on this song on the radio.<br /><br /><br />cheers.
    on 1340958858:
    <br />@ Adi - thank you. As long as he gets back safely, I dont care how he does in regards of medaling.<br /><br /><br />@ 2good - no need to apologise dear. i'm not sensitive to hearing about it. just saying it is a real concern of mine. hopefully unfounded. i spoke about it in another olympics related thread a few weeks ago. i have spoken to some family members (to no avail) about my concerns of terrorism and general safety during the olympic games. of course i didn't tell them that my concerns were initiated and based on several clips i watched on youtube... its not that my husbands family didnt take what i was saying seriously, its more that they dont 'get' what i am trying to say. the live in a bubble somewhat... (the kind of right wing, nationalist conservatives that subscribe to the likes of "o'riley factor' and beleive that ALL terrorist events are ALWAYS concocted by muslim minorities from third world countries in an attempt to gain their 13 virgins.. :icon_rolleyes: SOOOOOOOO glad my husband is differnt from his father!)<br /><br />i guess they want to stay positive. my brother in law has trained since he was 5 years old for this moment... they dont want some paranoid, extreme, conspiracy believing, marxist pacifist, (aka, me, LOL) meddeling in their gold medal dreams.... doing well is their major concern at present.<br /><br />the best i could do was encourage my young brother in law, to find out when he arrives at the olympic village for delegates, what information is available about emergency exists, evacuation procedures, know where nearest hospital is, etc should an emergency (of any kind) happen.<br /><br />he is young and didnt get it... <br /><br />so the best i can do is pray for his safe return and hope to god that my concerns about the olympics are founded on random internet sensationalist propaganda...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />by the way... was just listening to triple J this arvo and there was a whole segment dedicated to this song and they olympics and how over the top and bombastic this song is... i thought of you both and thought it was weird... was just on this thread at work then jumped in my car to go home and there was a feature interview on this song on the radio.<br /><br /><br />cheers.<br />
    <br /><br />With the attacks they have had in the past i'm sure they will have made a emergency plan  and gone through different what ifs, I guess they wouldn't publicly announce it because that could scare people away from going there and if nothing was to happen then it would be for nothing. Isn't there missles placed somewhere near by on a building? I thought i read that somewhere but with all the information i've been trying to catch up on, I'm finding it hard to retain some information, the other night i dreamt of 777's and I worked it out but when i woke i had no idea... my mind is full of MJ which is never a bad thing. <br /><br />I wish your brother in law good luck I am sure he will be ok, Judo is a good sport, I did Judo from around 6 until i was 15/16 i can't remember the age these days it have become rather foggy and mixed up. Must be really good to make the olympics!
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    This song makes me very skeptic. It could be some kind of warning that something bad might happen. Anyway, Youtube is full of these videos now:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />That's not good at all! May be we should avoid London during the olympic games.<br />
  • Leilani, he is ranked number 13 in world. so he may medal for australia in a light weight category if he keeps his weight down in july.<br /><br />even if he doesnt win, from 09 beijing olympics til the rest of his life all of his training, expenses, accomodation, flights and sponsorship are paid for for the rest of his life, by the Australian Institute of Sport.<br /><br />He is only in Australia 4 months of the year, most of the time in Japan, france, uzbekistan, china and other countries in strict training camps. its great all this is paid for as he travels to about 15 countries per year.<br />
  • This kind of scares me  :icon_e_confused:
    on 1341093360:
    <br />Leilani, he is ranked number 13 in world. so he may medal for australia in a light weight category if he keeps his weight down in july.<br /><br />even if he doesnt win, from 09 beijing olympics til the rest of his life all of his training, expenses, accomodation, flights and sponsorship are paid for for the rest of his life, by the Australian Institute of Sport.<br /><br />He is only in Australia 4 months of the year, most of the time in Japan, france, uzbekistan, china and other countries in strict training camps. its great all this is paid for as he travels to about 15 countries per year.<br />
    <br /><br />wow, that's awesome.  I only got to junior brown belt 2 bars and couldn't go any higher until i was 18 and thought it was wasting my time since i wanted to be out with my friends and meeting boys rather thantraining for 3 years before i could get any higher and then the thought of having to start back at the beginning belt color put me off. My brothers reached the Nationals in the UK before we were brought to Australia, my youngest brother went to a club over here but never followed it through. It's amazing what the sport can offer in the future with a lot of focus, I will definitnately be watching the Olympics this time, Don't think i've sat down and watched it ever, just snippets here and there. Gives me something to actually watch the tv for instead of listening to music. Do you know the approximate dates that the Judo players will be competeing?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Slightly off topic but has to do with the Olympics<br /><br />NOAM CHOMSKY / The 4th Media - in his insightful study Ideal Illusions: How the U.S. Government Co-Opted Human Rights [ideal illusions: how the American Government who human rights] the expert in International Affairs James Peck notes:"In the history of human rights the worst atrocities always committed another, never us", who is this "we".Almost every moment of the story leaves us with innumerable examples of this.<br /><br />On 10 may the summer Olympic Games were inaugurated in the Greek birthplace of these old games.A few days earlier had passed almost unnoticed the letter addressed to the Government of Viet Nam to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) expressing "profound concern of the Government and the people of Viet Nam" by the decision of the IOC accept the company Dow Chemical as a global sponsor of the Olympic movement.Dow Chemical is the company that supplied chemicals that Washington used since 1961 to destroy crops and forests of the South Viet Nam by soaking the country with Agent Orange.<br /><br />These poisons contain dioxin, one of the most deadly carcinogenic referred to and that has affected millions of Vietnamese and many American soldiers.Very likely is that until today the miscarriages and children born with malformations are effect of these crimes, although given the refusal of Washington to investigate, only count with the studies of the Vietnamese scientists and independent analysts.This Vietnamese appeal against Dow Chemical have joined the Government of India, the India Olympic Association and the survivors of the dreadful gas leak in Bhopal in 1984, one of the worst industrial disasters in history that killed thousands of people and became ill more than half a million.<br /><br />Union Carbide, the company responsible for the disaster, was acquired by Dow Chemical, for which this disaster is a matter of concern not small.In February Wikileaks revealed that Dow Chemical had hired the private Stratfor American research agency to control activists who are trying to get compensation for the victims and that those who were responsible for the disaster are brought to justice.Another very important crime and that it had serious persistent effects is the attack of the Marines to the Iraqi city of Fallujah in November 2004.[Before the attack on the city] He was allowed to leave to women and children, if they could do so.After several weeks of bombing began the attack with a carefully planned crime of war: invasion of the Fallujah General Hospital, where he ordered the patients and staff to lie on the floor with their hands tied.The ties are loosened then had ensured the complex.<br /><br />The official justification was that the hospital was reporting of civilian victims, and was therefore considered a weapon of propaganda.The press reported that most of the city had been reduced to "smoking ruins" while the Marines were searching for insurgents in their "dens".The invaders barred the entrance to the Red Cross.In the absence of an official investigation, the dimensions of this crime is unknown.If what happened in Fallujah recalls the events that took place in the Bosnian enclave of Srebrenica, which again today because the trial for genocide of the Commander Ratko Mladic Bosnian Serb military, there is a good reason to do so.It would be instructive to do a honest comparison, but there is no danger of make: one is an atrocity and the other is not by definition.In Viet Nam, some independent researchers report that the attack on Fallujah this taking a few lingering effects.Some medical researchers have discovered a dramatic increase of infant mortality, cancer, leukemia, increase that is even greater than those of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.The levels of uranium in air and soil samples are much higher than in comparable cases.One of the rare researchers from invading countries is Dr. Kypros Nicolaides, director of the Center for research in medicine at the Hospital of the Kingng's College of London."I am sure that the Americans used arms which are responsible for these deformities," Nicolaides says.<br /><br />AGATON: CHOMSKY: Estados Unidos y las atrocidades de los demás
  • LUNALUNA Posts: 361
    [size=12pt]now,i wonder:is it a coincidence this "greatest show on earth"? couldn't they choose different words? didn't they find another way 2 define the olympix?[/size]    :icon_e_confused:  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />[size=14pt]*LUNA*[/size]
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    May be it's the greatest disaster on earth :-\ :-\
  • LUNALUNA Posts: 361
    on 1341860905:
    <br />May be it's the greatest disaster on earth :-\ :-\<br />
    <br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]why disaster?[/size] <br /><br />[size=14pt]*LUNA*[/size]<br />