Nothing is by cooincidence-back post 11/5/2009

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1326856817:
    <br />Entirely possible. But she's a good example of what is usually deemed a credible source being anything but credible.<br />
    <br /><br />I said she's anything but credible. But on paper; professional journalist, followed the 2005 trial, long time MJ supporter, on location in L.A., she is what many would deem a credible source. That was the point I was trying to make.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Ooops...I read seemed.
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1326849437:
    <br />Dude!! I forgot about that!!<br /><br />You're right, briefly the forum link redirected to a photobooth type pic of MJ that was... not flattering. People were aghast! and shocked! at the outrage of this stunt. How disrespectful to Michael this was and how this showed once and for all that John was a saboteur evil doer who was never interested in the hoax at all! Gasp! Cry!<br /><br />You know I never saw that pic before or since. Pretty sure now, in hindsight, it was a never-before seen pic, and it was indeed MJ, no doubt about it. It was his face larger then life size. It nearly filled the screen, if I remember correctly? Again, he didn't look so Hollywood in this pic. It certainly wasn't a glamour shot, that's for sure, lol. Kinda how we all look first thing in the morning.<br /><br />Shortly thereafter, the pic disappeared and the web address simply redirected to a page that said site for sale, contact AMY with offers @ADMIN@MJHD.com.<br />
    <br /><br />Yeh that was the photo - it was not the best pic of MJ I have seen either, but kinda funny in an odd way.... I don't think it was there for a very long time either. It was funny how so many hoaxers were waiting for the site to come back up and when it was thought to be up all that showed was that pic of MJ staring back....and nothing else. Yep and then it went to that site where it was up for sale.  :lol:<br /><br />That whole episode freaked a few people out ......
  • BeTheChangeBeTheChange Posts: 1,569
    Thanks bec and Adi for filling in a lot of the blanks about the 'old' board.  I caught the tail end of it when I began my 'lurking' days...but I mainly read posts about what had already occurred, I missed it as it was happening.  <br /><br />DELETED<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    on 1326849437:
    <br />Dude!! I forgot about that!!<br /><br />You're right, briefly the forum link redirected to a photobooth type pic of MJ that was... not flattering. People were aghast! and shocked! at the outrage of this stunt. How disrespectful to Michael this was and how this showed once and for all that John was a saboteur evil doer who was never interested in the hoax at all! Gasp! Cry!<br /><br />You know I never saw that pic before or since. Pretty sure now, in hindsight, it was a never-before seen pic, and it was indeed MJ, no doubt about it. It was his face larger then life size. It nearly filled the screen, if I remember correctly? Again, he didn't look so Hollywood in this pic. It certainly wasn't a glamour shot, that's for sure, lol. Kinda how we all look first thing in the morning.<br /><br />Shortly thereafter, the pic disappeared and the web address simply redirected to a page that said site for sale, contact AMY with offers @ADMIN@MJHD.com.<br />
    <br />That photo was a never-before-seen? Not even now? Maybe you weren't much into Michael at that time? Could you find it on web now and show it to us who weren't there? I'm really curious now.
    I don't think I could find it. I've never seen it since. I think it's noteworthy that it has never resurfaced in all this time.
    on 1326872769:
    <br />I don't think I could find it. I've never seen it since. I think it's noteworthy that it has never resurfaced in all this time.<br />
    <br /><br />Bec, try to describe it in details as much as you can, maybe  I recall something from what I saw during years. I wasn't on the forum back then but I have a good photographic memory regarding photos. Try to describe it with full details as you remember it. What year was the photo from?  Also anyone who saw it, please.<br />It's important if it was a new photo or an old one altered.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Anything like this?<br /><br /><br />AfjrR-2CQAEdhYw.jpg
    @MJonmind<;br /><br />He was sort of pulling a similar funny face in the picture, however he was older than in the one you posted (as in it was probably taken in the mid-2000's), not wearing a hat and it seemed like it was taken in one of those photo-booths - was in black and white. Poking out his tongue??? Bec might remember more details......
    The first thing that came into my mind was this<br /><br />at min 1:36<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Do you remember if it was a print screen from here?
    I remember it was a scary pic. MJ was old enough in it for it to be recent, perhaps, at least his apparent age in the photo didn't rule out the possibility. He had his eyes very wide, almost bugged out I'd say. I think his hair was a mess if I recall correctly. I don't remember if he was sticking his tongue out like Adi says. I'm not refuting her, I just don't remember. <br /><br />I agree it was black n white, though I feel it was washed out color faded to black n white, perhaps altered. MJ looked like hell, that much I recall. Like a pic from a horror movie and he's the monster, though the pic was certainly not a pro job, hense defining it as a photobooth pic. It was not a still from a video. It was not MJ from the Bashir interview, I would have recognized that. He looked like I have never seen him before and never have seen him since. It's like seeing a really bad pic of someone who is usually so beautiful, like how the tabloids capture awkward shots of celebrities to embarrass them, except 10x worse. Like a mug shot, except 10x worse. It was shocking to see him like that, I admit. <br /><br />I, unfortunately, didn't look at it for long, so I maybe didn't absorb much detail into the long term storage banks. I could well be simply describing my impression of the pic that I have carried forward to today. Take it with a grain of salt. You have to realize, I'm trying to describe a pic I saw once, maybe 2x, for about 10 seconds, over 2 years ago.
    I know it's been long. But damn, I'm even more curious now. I remember another photo of Michael where he is very amazed somehow, it's a closeup.<br />I'll see if I find it and post it here.<br /><br />EDIT:<br /><br />Found it<br />1058780_1288494524104.87res_348_425.jpg<br /><br />You mean, as you describe it, that it was photoshopped to make him look bad as in disrespect? Not in a funny prankish way?
    Woooo I think that might be it...(?)...! Maybe...?
  • sighsigh Posts: 88
    LOL you guys are funny  :lol: bearhug
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    on 1326904708:
    <br />I know it's been long. But damn, I'm even more curious now. I remember another photo of Michael where he is very amazed somehow, it's a closeup.<br />I'll see if I find it and post it here.<br /><br />EDIT:<br /><br />Found it<br />1058780_1288494524104.87res_348_425.jpg<br /><br />You mean, as you describe it, that it was photoshopped to make him look bad as in disrespect? Not in a funny prankish way?<br />
    <br /><br />Obviously photo-chopped. There's a difference between men & women, if you look at us, of which this photo definitely crosses the line from reality into impossible! It really looks like perhaps, a woman's face, with wax dummy face pieces attached to it, to be honest, and then just destroyed.<br /><br />Hint: the space between the upper lip, and between the lips and chin. Women naturally have a longer space between the nose and upper lip; whereas, all men have it shorter. Women have a shorter chin, because of the space being taken up from above the lip. Men have a larger chin, because of a shorter area up there.<br /><br />The orbital sockets are blown out of proportion here, making the nose much too WIDE for Michael, and they made his eyebrows crawl UP his forehead! They then took the clone tool for the hair, and swept that in on the right side, to try and make it look a little natural - FAKE. LOOK closely at that right eye, there's a hair from NOWHERE, coming out from UNDER that right eye!<br /><br />Typical Tabloid junk, plus they also just about sealed the nose shut! Whoever posted this, should get a big kick in their butt!!  /pull hair/
  • on 1326910105:
    <br />
    on 1326904708:
    <br />I know it's been long. But damn, I'm even more curious now. I remember another photo of Michael where he is very amazed somehow, it's a closeup.<br />I'll see if I find it and post it here.<br /><br />EDIT:<br /><br />Found it<br />1058780_1288494524104.87res_348_425.jpg<br /><br />You mean, as you describe it, that it was photoshopped to make him look bad as in disrespect? Not in a funny prankish way?<br />
    <br /><br />Obviously photo-chopped. There's a difference between men & women, if you look at us, of which this photo definitely crosses the line from reality into impossible! It really looks like perhaps, a woman's face, with wax dummy face pieces attached to it, to be honest, and then just destroyed.<br /><br />Hint: the space between the upper lip, and between the lips and chin. Women naturally have a longer space between the nose and upper lip; whereas, all men have it shorter. Women have a shorter chin, because of the space being taken up from above the lip. Men have a larger chin, because of a shorter area up there.<br /><br />The orbital sockets are blown out of proportion here, making the nose much too WIDE for Michael, and they made his eyebrows crawl UP his forehead! They then took the clone tool for the hair, and swept that in on the right side, to try and make it look a little natural - FAKE. LOOK closely at that right eye, there's a hair from NOWHERE, coming out from UNDER that right eye!<br /><br />Typical Tabloid junk, plus they also just about sealed the nose shut! Whoever posted this, should get a big kick in their butt!!  /pull hair/<br />
    <br /><br />You might be right.  There is something not 'real' about this pic.  Just a gut feeling I guess.<br /><br />Sorry, I am not an expert and it is good to get your opinion on this, as I know very little about photo manipulation.  And his nose does look too wide as you pointed out.  <br />
  • on 1326880926:
    <br />Anything like this?<br /><br /><br />AfjrR-2CQAEdhYw.jpg<br />
    <br /><br />:lol: <br /><br />You got to love Mike.  I mean this pic...it made me laugh all morning despite me having not the best day.  <br /><br />Thanks Michael!<br />
    Yeh Anna.....I think that was the one.<br /><br />Like bec......I couldn't remember all the details as it was so long ago and the pic was up for only a short time. I definitely remember his eyes though looking like that.
  • So, is it the common thought that John or Silverwolf photo-shopped the picture and placed it on the website after hacking into it? Makes sense to me.<br /><br />The more I look at that picture the more I see what Tink is referring to. I'm no photo shop expert either so I wasn't 100% certain myself other than to sense that something was altered with the photo.<br /><br />Thanks, Tink, for your expert observations.<br /><br />Blessings.
  • Yes!  That was the pic that scared the living daylights out of me!<br /><br />Wow!  I'm glad I came across this thread.  I remember all that what happened (except for the John and 3 kids poster).  Some of it is coming back to me.  Wasn't there a woman that claimed she knew MJ?  I can't remember the name.  And remember the crazy one by Shanaland? LOL.  I really miss those days.  It's too bad I wasn't saving some of those posts.  Actually some of the conversations I printed because I would read them on the bus.  Yes, I was that obsessed with the hoax.  :geek:<br /><br />Bec et al...I am glad you guys still beLIEve.
  • i am loving this thread, i must say. it keeps giving and giving.<br /><br />
    Oh there were dozens that claimed to know MJ, pick one.<br /><br />Does anyone remember SoccorMom or MinivanMom or SuperMom, whatever her name, you know who I mean. Remember that one? <br /><br />And Shikster. Where's he been? I haven't seen him in months. Possibly a year even?<br /><br />@Shamone, I'm glad I still believe too  :mrgreen:  geek/  :twisted: and I'm glad you still frequent the joint.
    lol......I seem to remember a SoccorMom or it might have been SuperMom and I also remember Shanaland...ahhhh for the life of me I could never understand her ravings hahahaha.......I think that was around the time  I started lurking the original forum.<br /><br /> Shikster used to write poetry didn't they? and riddles I seem recall. They had that avatar which was the Riddler from Batman??? or something like that....a cartoon character in green. I used to like reading the Shikster's posts.<br /><br />@Aussie ; it's a trip down memory lane  :mrgreen:
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    As you've all guessed, I work with computers for a living - but because of the economy, I can't focus on what I love. Jack of All Trades for now. Photoshop is my backbone, and I can quite literally turn a man into a woman that's 100% passible with just the clone tool and brush tool, cut tool, etc. if I like - because I've been paid to do so (Not for a tabloid; I refuse to take blood money, btw!). <br /><br />Which is why I can import any high resolution image, and see if it's been messed with. That photo, they cloned it, and combined it from side to side, also. Rule of thumb: the space between your eyes = the size of one eye! There's a complete mathematic equation to art, if you're not sure. I laugh at the checkstands, at what the morons for the tabloids are getting paid for! Like, taking Angelina Jolie, shrinking her body, and dropping her head on! Um, guess what? Your body is larger than your head, duh! Arm is bigger than a child's.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    on 1326904708:
    <br /><br /><br />Now, I remember seeing the pic put up. Thanks for finding it Anna.  I respectfully disagree with you Tink, I absolutely think that is him screwing his face up. He's squeezing his nostrils, plumping his lips, popping his eyes, and arching his eyebrows. He's made similar silly faces lots of places.  However he has used a strong overhead light to accentuate the shadows for dramatic effect.