VH1 World Premier of "They Don't Really Care About Us"

Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
edited January 1970 in News
VH1 ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERES OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S "THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US" MUSIC VIDEO AND 30-MINUTE ORIGINAL SPECIAL, "ALL ACCESS: MAKING 'MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT'"

"They Don't Really Care About Us" Music Video Premieres on VH1 and VH1.com Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm*

"All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This is It'" Premieres Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm*

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 -- VH1 and VH1.com will air the exclusive world premiere of Michael Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us" music video on Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm.* On Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm,* VH1 will also exclusively premiere a new 30-minute original special, "All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This Is It,'" including never-before-seen footage from the concert rehearsal.

The 30-minute special will take viewers behind the scenes of the making of "Michael Jackson's This Is It" tour prior to his untimely passing. The special, taken from footage from the critically acclaimed film "Michael Jackson's This Is It," will also include additional new content not previously seen in the blockbuster film. The special and music video premieres mark the first time that significant footage from the film will be broadcast on television. Both premieres will be simulcast on VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia.

"'Michael Jackson's This Is It' captured the imagination of a huge worldwide audience and reminded us all of his musical genius," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Program Strategy, VH1, VH1 Classic & Palladia. "Viewers come to VH1 for their favorite music, and we are proud to present this inside look at the amazing 'This Is It' stage show that was being planned, as well as a brand new video that will be eagerly received by fans of the 'King of Pop.'"

MTV Networks (a division of Viacom ( VIA, VIA.B), acquired the exclusive United States television rights to air "Michael Jackson's This Is It" beginning in 2011. In raw and candid detail, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" is the last documentation of Michael Jackson at work, capturing the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist at work. One of the best reviewed films of the year, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" has reached over $250 million in box office receipts worldwide. Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware are producers. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain.

The film is being distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. "Michael Jackson's This Is It" will be released by Sony Pictures Entertainment on DVD on Tuesday, January 26, 2010.

*all times ET/PT

Is this a new video for TDRCAU? Is it the live version from the concert or is it a re-release of one of the two old versions?

Comments

• SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    No idea, but the release of the new video is Jan 19th....a day just after Jan 18th
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Good question because when talking about TDRCAU they do not mention "This Is It". So...a new video ? It would be extraordinary <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

"All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This is It'" will it be the filming of the filming of the rehearsals or of the movie ?
  • <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> !!

This is very interesting, especially with the release date of jan 19th, just a day after the 18th.
    IMO,TDCAU is a song that fits perfectly with the whole 'why' of this hoax! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • especially.. the song is called "They don't care about us", there's no "really"
    I remember one informer told us some time ago about Dome Project - its main part supposed to be a video to "They don't really care about us", but then it turned out, he was just a poser... So, I'm almost sure we'll see only some snippets from film... Actually, if u ask me now, even if He's alive, at this moment - I'm not sure if He's going to come back... I'm down now... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • How do you do a making of "a making of" film? It makes no sense. And why a new video for "they dont care about us". the only thing I can get out of this is something HUGE may jump off on the 18th. We could all be living in a very DIFFERENT world after this Monday. Stay Tuned.
  • so many songs in TII and they selected TDRCAU.....hmmmmm....interesting chioice
  • misha86misha86 Posts: 508
    so many songs in TII and they selected TDRCAU.....hmmmmm....interesting chioice
    exactly...plus there are already 2 videos for this song so im kinda lost on why the new one <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    well i set up my dvr for both times, it shows the all access show but not the premier time ...

the dvd comes out on what date again? the 25th right?
  • I think on Jan 26th for you in the US..<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->here in Europe we have to wait til February
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Thank you for this amazing post. I will try to see it if I can. I just love the short film and the song, They don't care about us! I love the Prison mix version (the short film) of They don't care about us. It is so powerful! I do agree that this song is a very interesting choice. Hmmmm, must be a clue! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I thought they picked that clip because MLK is the before the day of the premiere. and within the performance MLK's speech can be heard.
  • KINGdom52KINGdom52 Posts: 315
    I think that in Europe too, is 26th Jenuary for the DVD, no ?? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • I think that in Europe too, is 26th Jenuary for the DVD, no ?? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Here it is the list of worldwide TII release dates <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> :

<!-- m -->http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php ... Itemid=171<!-- m -->
    WHAT ? 15 February ??
    I can't wait so much more ! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • Interesting... "They Don't Really Care About us" was the song often sung about Haiti, and of course it's the song with the MIK reference, so this is getting good
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    Hmm, TDRCAU was the very first clip that was published from "This is it", remember?
    The part with the "History" crossover and MLK´s "I have a dream" speech...

"I am happy to join with you in what will go down in history as
    the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation."

And now the world premiere of the new clip, just one day after MLK day...
    Anyone else who doubts that this happens by chance? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Hmm, TDRCAU was the very first clip that was published from "This is it", remember?

Anyone else who doubts that this happens by chance?

Nothing in here happens by chance !!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357

Anyone else who doubts that this happens by chance?

Nothing in here happens by chance !!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Word! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Throughout this whole hoax TDCAU seems to be hit on a lot. It was the first thing they released from his rehearsals to be shown on tv.

If this was a whole new video and not from tii, wouldn't most people kinda think that was weird? <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> It's not a new song.
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292

Anyone else who doubts that this happens by chance? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Even if not the concert version it still has the line
    "Some things in life they just don't wanna see, but if Martin Luther was livin', he wouldn't let this be!"
  • Aw I have to wait until 22nd of Februari for the TII DVD, ah well it's worth the wait <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • How is this a world premier when it's already been "premiered"????? TDCAU is a video from the mid-90s, we've seen it before....how can u premier an old video????
  • virgo75virgo75 Posts: 514
    Ok, now I'm REALLY confused!!! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

1)I'm wondering if this is going to be a new video for TDCAU??? And if it is, when was it made??? And if it's not, why would they air it NOW?!?! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> (ok, that was 3 questions but... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> )

2)How can there be a "Making of 'This is It'"?!?!?!? I thought 'This is It' ***WAS*** the 'making of'(the concert)?!?!?!? WTF?!?!
  • Wow. This is interesting. Hmmm! I hope SONY will eventually release more of Michael's live performances, concerts on dvd. Heaven knows they have already made a killing on Michael's back in these last 7 months. At least give us something we have been begging for forever. If you're reading this SONY, please at least think about it. If you want more money, get busy. I will be your best customer.
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    firstly if its a new video, i will watch it frame by frame for clues <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

secondly, when will people in the UK get to see this video?
  • Aw I have to wait until 22nd of Februari for the TII DVD, ah well it's worth the wait <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Ho you can be happy , in France we have to wait 'til 1st of march -__-"