VH1 World Premier of "They Don't Really Care About Us"

124»

Comments

• virgo75virgo75 Posts: 514
    Either way, I still love his smile at the end. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I looked at VH1 show lineup, it has nothing on it about the MJ video, or the making of THIS IS IT.
    So............, maybe someine is pulling our legs.
  • virgo75virgo75 Posts: 514
    I looked at VH1 show lineup, it has nothing on it about the MJ video, or the making of THIS IS IT.
    So............, maybe someine is pulling our legs.

I didn't see anything about it either - online or on my tv.

But they did show the video at 10pm.

Not sure why they didn't advertise it more??? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Wow that's stange they said it would be available online!
  • I can still watch it....
    <!-- w -->www.vh1.com<!-- w -->

or

<!-- m -->http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id= ... p_carousel<!-- m -->
  • Correction, it is on now !! But it shows the same thing from the TII movie, so I guess it is just advertisement for the DVD, coming out on Jan 26.
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    Watched it.
    GO MICHAEL GO! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Fade out! Then a big smile!
  • <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> I just watched the video and it is nothing new to me....
  • It's pretty interesting how this clip was first revealed right after he died, and now it is being shown again...maybe this means he's coming back soon?

"death" -> "TDCAU clip 1st time"
    7 months later
    "TDCAU clip 2nd time" -> BAMSDAY?
  • KINGdom52KINGdom52 Posts: 315
    old news.
    But Jesus. it brings me tears again !
    I can't get enough of your smile , my baby !
    SMILE MICHAEL , SMILE <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    Can someone please post it on YOUTUBE ? i can't watch it
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    Here is a link for those of you who can't see it on the VH1 website

<!-- m -->http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... q7eh3S2Xj4<!-- m -->
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100
    thanks for that link!! seen it before and i love it.. but again all the hype for somet we've all seen.. hmmmmmm <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

just more promo stuff for the dvd i think!!
  • ShoutShout Posts: 560
    thanks for that link!! seen it before and i love it.. but again all the hype for somet we've all seen.. hmmmmmm <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

just more promo stuff for the dvd i think!!

Yes I absolutely agree with you!
  • This is the song and clip that was played over and over when he "died". The only footage released. It's one of the most complete scenes in the movie and he is dressed up. Now we get a video for it. It's advertisement for the DVD - but it's also carrying a message.
    MLK, Freedom, Make your History - all very clever. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> It's a major key in this whole thing, I am certain.
  • GrenatGrenat Posts: 279
    Well World Premiere...are they trying to fool around ? I really hope it's shown as a clue because if not they're making fun of us or what ?
    I anticipated it would be TII's version ( as in the article they talked only about TII)
    but at least I tought they would have added scenes or something like that.
    I hope this is a link to MLK's day, I really hope so..because if not this "world premiere" has no sense at all..we've seen it already before,nothing new.
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    OH MY GOSH! did anyone else hear another guy's voice singing "But if Martin Luther was livin'" at 2:07 and think it was weird????? why another voice and could it be of any significance?

and did this also happen in the TII movie? i don't rmb hearing an extra voice there...

<!-- m -->http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id= ... _carousel#<!-- m -->
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    Thanks, love his smile at the end !
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    OH MY GOSH! did anyone else hear another guy's voice singing "But if Martin Luther was livin'" at 2:07 and think it was weird????? why another voice and could it be of any significance?

and did this also happen in the TII movie? i don't rmb hearing an extra voice there...

Yeah, one of the backing singers also sings the line, it happens in the movie as well, but it seems clearer in this version.
  • I really like this clip...looks like an army marching at the sound of TDCAU....would Michael want to do with this song an "army"?? i mean an army against what is wrong..and star change it..we should look into it and analyse the video <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I don't think there is much to analyze in this video...
  • VH1 ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERES OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S "THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US" MUSIC VIDEO AND 30-MINUTE ORIGINAL SPECIAL, "ALL ACCESS: MAKING 'MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT'"

"They Don't Really Care About Us" Music Video Premieres on VH1 and VH1.com Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm*

"All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This is It'" Premieres Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm*

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 -- VH1 and VH1.com will air the exclusive world premiere of Michael Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us" music video on Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm.* On Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm,* VH1 will also exclusively premiere a new 30-minute original special, "All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This Is It,'" including never-before-seen footage from the concert rehearsal.

The 30-minute special will take viewers behind the scenes of the making of "Michael Jackson's This Is It" tour prior to his untimely passing. The special, taken from footage from the critically acclaimed film "Michael Jackson's This Is It," will also include additional new content not previously seen in the blockbuster film. The special and music video premieres mark the first time that significant footage from the film will be broadcast on television. Both premieres will be simulcast on VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia.

"'Michael Jackson's This Is It' captured the imagination of a huge worldwide audience and reminded us all of his musical genius," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Program Strategy, VH1, VH1 Classic & Palladia. "Viewers come to VH1 for their favorite music, and we are proud to present this inside look at the amazing 'This Is It' stage show that was being planned, as well as a brand new video that will be eagerly received by fans of the 'King of Pop.'"

MTV Networks (a division of Viacom ( VIA, VIA.B), acquired the exclusive United States television rights to air "Michael Jackson's This Is It" beginning in 2011. In raw and candid detail, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" is the last documentation of Michael Jackson at work, capturing the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist at work. One of the best reviewed films of the year, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" has reached over $250 million in box office receipts worldwide. Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware are producers. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain.

The film is being distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. "Michael Jackson's This Is It" will be released by Sony Pictures Entertainment on DVD on Tuesday, January 26, 2010.

*all times ET/PT

Is this a new video for TDRCAU? Is it the live version from the concert or is it a re-release of one of the two old versions?
    I tried to find this in my area but couln't find it , did anyone tape it , please post it , thanks