Grammy's left MJ out of the 'In Memoriam" list

Comments

• DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    O.K. WILL ANYONE...SOMEONE...PLEASE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW.........ON THIS EARTH CAN WE REALLY THINK THAT THIS IS STILL A HOAX..........PLEASE PLEASE AS I AM SOOOO UPSET ABOUT ALL OF THIS.......XXXXX

We just go over all the many discrepancies since 25 June 2009 - that does it for me.
  • acswtgrl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 am

how are they going to explain that one???

They can't. I didn't see it last night but I just saw it on youtube someone posted the link here. OKay, the part where Jennifer starts singing. I tell ya, It sound so real of him singing in the background. If any of you noticed. I listened to both Prince and Paris speech. Daddy was suppose to be here. Okay, this is just incredible! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

If TMZ hadn't posted it neither the Grammy's of all things and they have been around a longgggggggggggg time then this is to me a give away for sure.
  • It's Michael Jackson for Gods sake! That was no mistake. You'd think he would be the only person they definitely would NOT forget!
  • mjgirl86mjgirl86 Posts: 316
    THIS IS GREAT!

And I thought it was live too, I was like....... O_o And yeah, it was interesting when Paris said, "Daddy was supposed to be here" <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    I am sure to cover up they will say they purposely left it out because of the children - so that they don't relive their grief. Just like the DVD is supposed to be positive so they left the remembrance part out. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • smilessmiles Posts: 129
    this isent the first time his name isent in... This is it.. no "in loving memory of..." but that is a good sign if you ask me <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • LoesLoes Posts: 612
    Is it possible that the family did the request to TMZ and the Grammy's not to put Michael on the RIP/IM-list?
    They also made the choise at the memorial in july to show the picture of Michael "I'm alive and I'm here forever". Maybe that's their way of keeping Michael "alive" for the fans.
    Make him supernatural in a way?
    If he's alive (which I still think is really possible) then they also have an excuse when they explain it this way.
    I'm just thinking out loud.
    Does this make sense to you?

I just saw in the other topic the tribute for James Brown in 2007. That was big too.
    Can we find the IM-list from 2007 and check if James Brown was on it?

2ebaamu.jpg
  • Is it possible that the family did the request to TMZ and the Grammy's not to put Michael on the RIP/IM-list?
    They also made the choise at the memorial in july to show the picture of Michael "I'm alive and I'm here forever". Maybe that's their way of keeping Michael "alive" for the fans.
    Make him supernatural in a way?
    If he's alive (which I still think is really possible) then they also have an excuse when they explain it this way.
    I'm just thinking out loud.
    Does this make sense to you?

I just saw in the other topic the tribute for James Brown in 2007. That was big too.
    Can we find the IM-list from 2007 and check if James Brown was on it?

2ebaamu.jpg
    wow you make complete sense...like for the people who think he is dead...they are comforting the fans saying he is here with you all..never going anywhere like throught music and stuff
    but for us its a clue...heehee but i know what your trying to say its just hard to explain it...ima go check out the memorium list of 2007
  • Here is the coverage of the 49th Grammys which was in 2007. James Brown was in the Memoriam list
    http://www.digitalhit.com/grammy/49/
  • LoesLoes Posts: 612
    Here is the coverage of the 49th Grammys which was in 2007. James Brown was in the Memoriam list

Thanks for finding this, but do I overlook something? I don't see the Memoriam List there.
    I mean the list at the end of the Grammy's, where all the people who died are on.

2ebaamu.jpg
  • Here is the coverage of the 49th Grammys which was in 2007. James Brown was in the Memoriam list

Thanks for finding this, but do I overlook something? I don't see the Memoriam List there.
    I mean the list at the end of the Grammy's, where all the people who died are on.

2ebaamu.jpg
    ok let me go see if i can find the actual list...
  • beatitbeatit Posts: 63
    That i do kind of find weird that they would leave him out. But people do make mistakes, And only the people who ran the Grammy's know why they did not put him in there. It might be as simple as they wanted to point out the ones that have gone by the way side as everyone was so focused on MJ's death.
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    Just took this from LKL blog, about the Earth Song Tribute, I don't know if it's posted already:

cris February 1st, 2010 10:47 am ET

Original lyrics:

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    What about death again
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

stuci February 1st, 2010 10:53 am ET

Hi Cris!
    And what do you think,what was the liriks now?

cris February 1st, 2010 11:00 am ET

Hi Stu,

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    "What about if i live again"
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

listen at 5:00

[youtube:32dor3h8]

What do you hear?
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    I hear " What about death again"
  • DoDo Posts: 850

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it either!
  • I hear " What about death again"

I heard the same thing. Sometimes your mind tells you something different than what your brain is actually hearing.

I heard the same thing. Sometimes your mind tells you something different than what your brain is actually hearing.

exactly!
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100

i hear death.. i did this with smooth criminal i thought i heard dr murray at the mouth to mouth resucitation bit!! i realised didn't !! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

your mind is a crazy place!! well mine is at times!!
  • mitm72mitm72 Posts: 21

I hear exactly the same thing...plus I have to say that the mj's vocals on the grammy version of earthsong is not absolutely live as it perfectly matches with those of the original video version.

I hear exactly the same thing...plus I have to say that the mj's vocals on the grammy version of earthsong is not absolutely live as it perfectly matches with those of the original video version.

no not absolutely..but the last parts sounded like they were live.

But I think they just used the a capella version..
  • The only people who probably paid any attention to the omission are the ones who "know". That was a sign for us that Michael lives. Keep hope alive.
  • InhalibInhalib Posts: 170
    O.K. WILL ANYONE...SOMEONE...PLEASE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW.........ON THIS EARTH CAN WE REALLY THINK THAT THIS IS STILL A HOAX..........PLEASE PLEASE AS I AM SOOOO UPSET ABOUT ALL OF THIS.......XXXXX

We just go over all the many discrepancies since 25 June 2009 - that does it for me.

well... I agree with Datroot, but I also agree with you Loyalfan, this can't still be a hoax!! is it too obvious!! there wasn't death at all!!! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> sorry, maybe this is not what you mean, but when I read it I thought it that way.. this is not a hoax anymore, there is no doubt for me that there are just too many things floating on the air and I still don't get how people still believeing that he is dead.. even though I respect them.

Lots of L.O.V.E!
  • emanonemanon Posts: 20
    Did anyone notice - the Grammy's showed pics of all those who died the last year and they left MJ out. They had everyone who they paid a tribute to earlier too.

MY DAUGHTER (12) SPOTTED THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!
  • mitm72mitm72 Posts: 21

The a cappella version, if you mean the one on you tube, is made just by extracting vocals from the original song...I compared the two versions of earthsong and they matches, and the last part matches too, the only difference I notice is in the equalization.

The a cappella version, if you mean the one on you tube, is made just by extracting vocals from the original song...I compared the two versions of earthsong and they matches, and the last part matches too, the only difference I notice is in the equalization.

Yes I mean that version on youtube....