Grammy's left MJ out of the 'In Memoriam" list

Comments

• mitm72mitm72 Posts: 21
    I hear " What about death again"

I hear exactly the same thing...plus I have to say that the mj's vocals on the grammy version of earthsong is not absolutely live as it perfectly matches with those of the original video version.

no not absolutely..but the last parts sounded like they were live.

But I think they just used the a capella version..

The a cappella version, if you mean the one on you tube, is made just by extracting vocals from the original song...I compared the two versions of earthsong and they matches, and the last part matches too, the only difference I notice is in the equalization.

Yes I mean that version on youtube....

I'm sorry, I don't want to objectifying my opinion, I'm just looking for the thruth, even if I wish the voice was really live... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • mordormordor Posts: 16
    trala lala laaaaaaaaa!!amazing!!what more we want???? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> xxxx
  • there is nothing coming up if you google grammy memorandum list. I have tried, anyone else want to try? I tried checking out the grammy web site as well...no one is saying anything about it, as if it is so normal not to include him on the list....what the heck is going on?????
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    Guys I think its coming !!!
    Just think about it, maybe this is MJ's plan from the beging : We all know that the Grammy's is a big event and almost everybody is watching and all the celebs are there so its a perfect timeing to throw a huge clue like this one ..

I mean comeon I know that the minute they showed the RIP list EVERYBODY was expecting MJ's name Everybody ...The first name that pops in ur head is MJ's ,soo everybody expecting his name ,everybody saying yeah mj is next but at the end Nothing !!They didn't list his name !!OMG ..
    Now everybody is wondering Why didn't they put mj's name ? Its very obvious now , everbody is sucpicious, everybody asking the same question !!! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    I really think its coming closer after this !!!
  • nah it aint comeing closer.
    mj will not be back before june 25 2010 i promise you that. even though i wish i was wrong i just cant see him missing what happens around the world on that day whilest everyone (apart from beLIEvers) still thinks he is dead
  • Great analogy. I'm thinking that it was for us directly from Michael, to the believers because possibly anyone else who has accepted that he is "deceased" would at first think it odd, but then think passively that the tribute had memorialized him already. So the wall is for "everybody else who passed" since the last grammy show. HOWEVER, he knows that we are so keen to EVERY little clue that it would stand out immediately to us. And we wouldn't pass it off as anything but what it was. A flagrant message, it's still on so don't give up. We don't miss a beat <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    mj will not be back before june 25 2010 i promise you that. even though i wish i was wrong i just cant see him missing what happens around the world on that day whilest everyone (apart from beLIEvers) still thinks he is dead

Why are you so sure about that? Do you have a proof?

By the way, yeah it's really odd Michael's name is not on the «In memoriam» list...

It's smell hoax <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Why are you so sure about that? Do you have a proof?

By the way, yeah it's really odd Michael's name is not on the «In memoriam» list...

It's smell hoax <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

I'm really eyeing the remake of "We Are The World". Of course, i'm not expecting anything big, but it'd be interesting to see how that remake pans out.
  • Probably someone has already said this but maybe because he got a full tribute, could that be why he was not on the list?
  • Probably someone has already said this but maybe because he got a full tribute, could that be why he was not on the list?

Yes, somebody said that. but other people had tributes and they were still on the list.

Yes, somebody said that. but other people had tributes and they were still on the list.

But.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> those folks are ....
    dead <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • ok...how is Earth Song a tribute? A tribute is where you go and show the man and his legacy and sing his songs...They said earth song was to show people what he was going to do at his concert. It was no tribute because there was NO born and death date...NONE!!!! It was just an example of his pioneering the 3-D at his concert...Now James Brown 2007...THAT WAS A TRIBUTE! And he was on the Memorandum list. This year they did a Les Paul tribute (inventor of electric guitar) and he made the memorandum list as well as birth and death date on the screen at the end of his tribute!
  • WendyEWendyE Posts: 105
    So I am not going crazy!! Everyone else saw it too!! Thank God. Sometimes its hard because I feel like I am going nuts. Did anyone else think that Elton John and Lady Ga Ga's duet was strange. Okay so he is famous for the glasses thing but they had cequines on them and Sir John had a ball in his ear with crystal in it like in This is it. What really got me was the dirt on their faces. Also the black hands on top of the piano positioned like they were coming out of something. Humm one might wonder is this a reference to Thriller? Maybe they are waiting for someone to come back from the grave. What is up with Beyonce using the storm troopers doing MJ's moves too.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Guys, you made my day..
    I was soo sad about everything and then.. BAM!
    The rip list..
    I love you, guys... i really do.. i know that i'm never alone.
    God bless us, and help to keep us together through this adventure.

@Jessy, God bless you for being here with us on this wonderful forum. Oh yes, Jessy, we are on a great adventure of L.O.V.E. These wonderful people of this site are always here with such positive energy! MJ is alive. Keep the Faith, Jessy! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Oh yes, Wendy E, Beyonce was using MJ's troopers from TRDCAU.
  • ok...how is Earth Song a tribute? A tribute is where you go and show the man and his legacy and sing his songs...They said earth song was to show people what he was going to do at his concert. It was no tribute because there was NO born and death date...NONE!!!! It was just an example of his pioneering the 3-D at his concert...Now James Brown 2007...THAT WAS A TRIBUTE! And he was on the Memorandum list. This year they did a Les Paul tribute (inventor of electric guitar) and he made the memorandum list as well as birth and death date on the screen at the end of his tribute!

Exactly my thoughts...NO tribute at all but Michael sending his message accross... he is behind the camera! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> We all remember the Liberian girls pics...

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4577<!-- l -->
  • They not only left him out, they purposefully brought attention to this at Grammy.com. On their website, they have an article titled "11 reasons to watch the Grammys." Reason #8 is the "in memoriam segment" and reads as follows...

Wild At The GRAMMYs: 11 Reasons To Watch
    January 28, 2010 – 2:52pm

8) Because there will be an in memoriam segment during the show, and unless things go very badly for any of us this weekend, we probably won't be in it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO alive!
  • Look guys.....not meaning to go overboard with joy but when someone as BIG as Michael Jackson passes away, you ought to include him in the "In Memoeriam" list because if you dont do that you are being utterly disrespectful, no matter how many tributes you pay to him...That ought to be done....If we are sceptical theres ample reason behind it.

Plus I wanted to ask one more thing......I think someone wrote on this thread that AEG was in association with the grammys....Is it so? Does someone have a confirmation?

If AEG was involved then theres a fair chanc that they could've manipulated the grammy's RIP list...From here it looks like--

1.Either MJ is REALLY dead and his brothers, his sponsors,TMZ, everyone is right now making their last ditch efforts to make whatever profit that can be made of what is left of his reputation and nostalgia among the general public.

2.But what could AEG possibly gain out of it? This Is It running period is over....The Jack5ons reality show is over.....No publicity needed and no more money to be made.....
    And sorry MJ's brothers are not soooo gifted that they could reinvent thier long lost careers by transitory trysts with Television.....NO.

After all , for how long can you earn your living out of a corpse? (i.e, MJ...if hes dead)

That, of course leaves us with only one alternative......And that is the alternative of Michael "Ghost" Jackson being bloody alive....pulling strings.

Tell me what ya think.
  • Just like the TMZ list on the internet of those who died and MJ was not on that list either. This is AMAZING!!! They couldn't have accidentally left him out of the memorial list twice.
  • I AGREE WITH YOU!!! this is all too confusing...i actually heard that it was Sony that is somehow linked to the Grammys because of the music rewards and all that but i am not too sure.. I dont even know how to find such information
  • Look guys.....not meaning to go overboard with joy but when someone as BIG as Michael Jackson passes away, you ought to include him in the "In Memoeriam" list because if you dont do that you are being utterly disrespectful, no matter how many tributes you pay to him...That ought to be done....If we are sceptical theres ample reason behind it.

Plus I wanted to ask one more thing......I think someone wrote on this thread that AEG was in association with the grammys....Is it so? Does someone have a confirmation?

If AEG was involved then theres a fair chanc that they could've manipulated the grammy's RIP list...From here it looks like--

1.Either MJ is REALLY dead and his brothers, his sponsors,TMZ, everyone is right now making their last ditch efforts to make whatever profit that can be made of what is left of his reputation and nostalgia among the general public.

2.But what could AEG possibly gain out of it? This Is It running period is over....The Jack5ons reality show is over.....No publicity needed and no more money to be made.....
    And sorry MJ's brothers are not soooo gifted that they could reinvent thier long lost careers by transitory trysts with Television.....NO.

After all , for how long can you earn your living out of a corpse? (i.e, MJ...if hes dead)

That, of course leaves us with only one alternative......And that is the alternative of Michael "Ghost" Jackson being bloody alive....pulling strings.

Tell me what ya think.

Voila!
  • Just like the TMZ list on the internet of those who died and MJ was not on that list either. This is AMAZING!!! They couldn't have accidentally left him out of the memorial list twice.
    eh i dont take TMZ seriously at all! THEY ARE A JOKE TO ME! Even if MJ was on that RIP list now I would just laugh at it because they have lied SOOOO MUCH ITS REDICULOUS. i honestly dont even visit that site anymore it just makes me mad thinking about them ugh lol
  • InhalibInhalib Posts: 170
    They not only left him out, they purposefully brought attention to this at Grammy.com. On their website, they have an article titled "11 reasons to watch the Grammys." Reason #8 is the "in memoriam segment" and reads as follows...

Wild At The GRAMMYs: 11 Reasons To Watch
    January 28, 2010 – 2:52pm

8) Because there will be an in memoriam segment during the show, and unless things go very badly for any of us this weekend, we probably won't be in it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO alive!

<!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I missed that one!!
    Thanks for posting it here!!!!
    ---
    And, I agree with the ones that says that if he is in deed dead, he should be in the memorian list, even when they made a so called Tribute (I also agree that it wasn't a tribute at all).

Lots of L.O.V.E!! and sorry for my english
  • beatitbeatit Posts: 63
    Just took this from LKL blog, about the Earth Song Tribute, I don't know if it's posted already:

cris February 1st, 2010 10:47 am ET

Original lyrics:

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    What about death again
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

stuci February 1st, 2010 10:53 am ET

Hi Cris!
    And what do you think,what was the liriks now?

cris February 1st, 2010 11:00 am ET

Hi Stu,

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    "What about if i live again"
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

listen at 5:00

[youtube:1jjxn127]

What do you hear?

That is very strange that he would change the lyrics to the song, That has stopped and make me think.
  • Lady JLady J Posts: 455
    Maybe cause they paid an homage during the? show, that's probably why he isn't in the list?
  • Do wrote:
    Just took this from LKL blog, about the Earth Song Tribute, I don't know if it's posted already:

cris February 1st, 2010 10:47 am ET

Original lyrics:

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    What about death again
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

stuci February 1st, 2010 10:53 am ET

Hi Cris!
    And what do you think,what was the liriks now?

cris February 1st, 2010 11:00 am ET

Hi Stu,

What about Abraham
    (What was us)
    "What about if i live again"
    (ooo, ooo)
    Do we give a damn

listen at 5:00

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Hey, I noticed the same thing while listening to it on youtube the other day. Thanks for bringing this out!!!