NEW Record Deal for Michael

Comments

• mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    Michael Jackson Estate Inks Record, Record Deal
    Posted Mar 15th 2010 10:49PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/michael-j ... z0iIxFx7GY<!-- m -->

That is pretty interesting.

First of all: 7 years? That's a weird period for a contract...

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Contract worth 250 million: 2+5 = another 7...

Coincidence?

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    Money.
    Money...
    Lie for it
    Spy for it
    Kill for it
    Die for it
    So you call it trust
    But I say it's just
    In the devil's game
    Of greed and lust
    They don't care
    They'd do me for the money
    They don't care
    They use me for the money
    So you go to church
    Read the Holy word
    In the scheme of life
    It's all absurd
    They don't care
    They'd kill for the money
    Do or dare
    The thrill for the money
    You're saluting the flag
    Your country trusts you
    Now you're wearing a badge
    You're called the "Just Few"
    And you're fighting the wars
    A soldier must do
    I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
    If you show me the cash
    Then I will take it
    If you tell me to cry
    Then I will fake it
    If you give me a hand
    Then I will shake it
    You'll do anything for money...
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Even sell my soul to the devil
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Insurance?
    Where do your loyalties lie?
    Is that your alibi?
    I don't think so
    You don't care
    You'd do her for the money
    Say it's fair
    You sue her for the money
    Want your pot of gold
    Need the Midas touch
    Bet you sell your soul
    Cuz your God is such
    You don't care
    You kill for the money
    Do or dareThe thrill for the money
    Are you infected with the same disease
    Of lust, gluttoney and greed?
    Then watch the ones
    With the biggest smiles
    The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers
    If you know it's a lie
    Then you will swear it
    If you give it with guilt
    Then you will bear it
    If it's taking a chance
    Then you will dare it
    You'll do anything for money...
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    You say you wouldn't do it
    For all the money in the world
    I don't think soIf you show me the man
    Then I will sell him
    If you ask me to lie
    Then I will tell him
    If you're dealing with God
    Then you will hell him
    You'll do anything for money
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    If Michael planned this all along, he just sold his soul to the devil.... maybe for peace <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

In the time line thread there was an article that said Michael was very angry in the early morning hours of June 25, he locked himself in his bedroom, playing loud music and reading his bible. The article stated he was aggitated and he was shouting. "I sold my soul to the devil." Supposedly after that Dr. Murray gave him sedatives to calm him down and try to get him to "sleep". This is all paraphrased I will try to find the thread.

I found the thread but unfortunately it has been deleted. It was an article by Halperin so it may not have been credible.
  • KINGdom52KINGdom52 Posts: 315
    Sarahli wrote:
    PureLove wrote:
    ~Souza~ wrote:

TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over 7 years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least 3 albums.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/michael-j<!-- m --> ... z0iIxFx7GY

And MJ left enough for 3 albums, so how are they going to fill the other 7 albums?

Coincidence?

Ok I'm going to say something different from everyone else here. When I first read this news, I saw the numbers. 7years, 3 albums and 10 projects. Doesn't this sound like a date to you? Like 7.3.10 ? July 3rd 2010!!! I wonder if this is something about the come back day! Probably Michael decides to come back at the late hours of July 3rd and as we all know 4th of July comes next. What do you guys think about it? Can it be about the comeback date?

What a coincidence !!!

that's really interesting. thanks! you could be right. sometimes things are meant to be over-analyzed. what if its as simple as sending out a date?

I like that !
    I'm not so sure that Mike himself can be so certain about a specific date and even to ...announce it to us <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> (I mean anything could happens in the meantime and make him change his plans) but I like your way of thinking.
    This or we all have become completely paranoids ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I was not going to post again but I am very disturbed. Here is a progression of my thoughts. What do you think?

1. Don’t forget how Michael felt about Sony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4NwrMtgw8

2. Grace Rwaramba’s Twitter (ignore the blonde pic as it is merely a Red Herring misdirect)
    http://twitter.com/heismypeterpan

• Scroll down for Grace’s tweets:
    • March 3 –leaving Culver City (finally)
    • March 4-see randyjackson8 nasty twitter responses to Randy’s nasty comment about ‘1 in the house with evil intent to divide the family and separate the kids for her own evil gain (paraphrase). It was a toss up evil was one was Alejandra or Nanny Grace
    • But Grace’s March 4 defensive tweet clarified that she is the evil one referred in Randy’s tweet.

3. Sony Pictures is situated in Culver City
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Studios

4. TMZ original location was in Glendale, California.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMZ.com

• Victory Studios in Glendale, California (pictured here in 2007), is where TMZ.com was launched. TMZ.com later relocated to Hollywood, Los Angeles, but remained in California. As of November 2009, TMZ.com currently is still located in Los Angeles.
    • Forest Lawn Cemetery is also where ‘MJ’ is supposedly entombed in Holly Terrance which is no longer guarded heavily guarded.
    • So what was that 32,000 pounds of cement delivered to Neverland used for anyway?

5. Victory Studios
    [b[url]]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_(TV_series)[/url][/b]
    • Background info-see Harvey Levin connection

6. Victory Studios Blue/Green Screen
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Valley+post-production+companies-a0210519502

7. Grace Rwaramaba gets ‘fired’ by MJ and marries heretofore unknown Joseph Kisembo that nobody can authenticate or find pictures of the happy couple
    [b[url]]http://www.rightcelebrity.com/?p=6205/[/url][url][/url]

• Link offers lots of Red Herring misdirects like drug abuse, first time Grace in 17 years that Grace talks to media despite being ‘fired’ by MJ. Other links can be found showing MJ and Grace like ‘a married couple.

8. Nanny Grace takes kids for Christmas
    [url]http://www.michaeljackson.com/fi/node/572288[[/url/

9. Prince and Paris at the Grammy’s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3sDPtPxqCQ

• Happy to see that the kids are calm and don’t look stressed given that the last tine they were at the Staples Centre was 7 months ago for their fathers ‘Memorial Service’. Blanket was the only one with stage fright.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So given that Mr. Grace is nowhere to be found, was Grace “finally” able to leave Culver City because the new Sony deal got inked?

What gives with the Randy-Grace hostility?

Katherine began this leg of the journey as a vocal voice for Michael’s estate so why has she all but lost her voice? We know why Joe is silent.

Was Grace the one who called Children services, uploaded the Jaffar punching out Jermastery video on YouTube?

Why did Grace Rwaramba take MJ’s kids to the home of midnighmlk over Christmastime?

Why do we hear more about Grace news than the Katherine, Latoya, Janet????

Am I the other one disturbed when Grace calls MJ kids her babies???

Grace, Jermaine, Tohme Tohme all have connection to Power of Islam.

Midnightmk, Brett Ratner, DiLeo, Branca, McLain all have Sony connection.

Mighnightmlk, Grace, and MJ kids were together at Christmas.

Grace ‘finally’ got out of Culver City.

Katherine’s ability as custodian is questioned by Children’s Service, burlary, etc.

Mersault would only take MJ’s sexual molestation case on the proviso that MJ got rid of the Power of Islam.

MJ feared for his life.

MJ fired Grace, hired Kai Chase as cook and different nannies for the kids.

I think the Grace-Barak interview was a Red Herring.

But whose Red Herring? Michael’s or Grace?

Randy has vibes that Grace is evil and Latoya has already stated that she does not like Grace and Rebbie and Grace had a physical altercation.

Could it be that Grace was a possible reason for MJ’s disappearance???

Or, is Grace acting on behalf of MJ???

What do you think of the Grace trail???

I suspect that the TMZ-MJ connection probably started in Victory Studios in Glendale.

Don’t forget what Michael thought about Sony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4NwrMtgw8

Edied to add URLs <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
    [/url]

This is interesting WO, but what would Grace be after?

oh wow unemployed if this is true... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • xirisjexxirisjex Posts: 85
    I think people need to remember that Michael was way past the whole Sony feud.
    That was in 2002 remember? We're in 2010 now...
    That was about Tommy Mottola and he got fired after that!
    In fact Tommy Mottola's wife (Thalia or something? ) even said that a few years later Michael even came by their house after she asked him too and he and Mottola even talked.

Also most importantly he released Thriller 25 a little more then two years a go, and guess what? He released it through Sony so appariantly he was over the whole feud.

So maybe this could actually be turned into good news? If he comes back he definetly has a record deal so who knows what could happen <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

This is where I don't understand...Michael's share of the Beatles catalog is worth $1 billion and they say he's broke? And that is only the Beatles catalog. He might be short on cashflow but definitely not broke.
  • I'm trying to sort all this out. Here's what Roger Friedman has to say:
    <!-- m -->http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/03 ... hing-else/<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Deal: $225 Mil Just For Records, Nothing Else

The deal is only for records for the next seven years. It already includes the soundtrack to “This Is It.” Come November, the first scheduled release will be a collection of unreleased tracks perhaps including a duet with Paul Anka and one or two songs left off of “Thriller.”

Two more releases will be anniversary editions of “Bad” and “Off the Wall” which will include extra and remixed tracks a la the 25th anniversary edition of “Thriller.” McClain and hopefully Jackson’s longtime manager Frank DiLeo will be involved with those.

There are also enough tracks for at least one or two live albums from various Jackson tours.

The Sony deal does not include anything to do with Michael’s publishing, live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.
  • I THINK MJ IS BEHIND THE CONTRACT SIGNING .. WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT HAD PATCHED UP WITH THEM N THAT CAN BE POSSIBLE....NOW AT PRESENT HE MAY BE AT GOOD TERMS WITH THEM.... MAY BE THAT COULD BE THE REASON OF SIGNING 7 YEARS CONTRACT VIT THEM....... JUST SEEING A POSSIBILITY NO OFFENSE. GOOD LUCK MJ. I THINK NEED RELIEF FROM UR MOUNTED DEBTS........... LU.
  • What if signing this deal is the only way for him to come back???
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Sarahli wrote:
    PureLove wrote:
    ~Souza~ wrote:

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/michael-j<!-- m --> ... z0iIxFx7GY

Coincidence?

What a coincidence !!!

I like that !
    I'm not so sure that Mike himself can be so certain about a specific date and even to ...announce it to us <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> (I mean anything could happens in the meantime and make him change his plans) but I like your way of thinking.
    This or we all have become completely paranoids ! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Yeah I'm getting obsessed with the numbers. I see numbers everywhere <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Mr. Jackson acquired ATV for $47.5 million in 1985. Sony in 1995 paid $150 million to become a 50% partner in the venture. Mr. Jackson's half is now valued at at least $1 billion.

This is where I don't understand...Michael's share of the Beatles catalog is worth $1 billion and they say he's broke? And that is only the Beatles catalog. He might be short on cashflow but definitely not broke.

You're right. I don't understand too...why all people keep saying he was $500 in debt. Is it just another rumor that has become a truth ? Just wonderin... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • What if signing this deal is the only way for him to come back???
    I DONT GET U ..CAN U EXPLAIN <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MJsFan4EverMJsFan4Ever Posts: 334
    I think people need to remember that Michael was way past the whole Sony feud.
    That was in 2002 remember? We're in 2010 now...
    That was about Tommy Mottola and he got fired after that!
    In fact Tommy Mottola's wife (Thalia or something? ) even said that a few years later Michael even came by their house after she asked him too and he and Mottola even talked.

Also most importantly he released Thriller 25 a little more then two years a go, and guess what? He released it through Sony so appariantly he was over the whole feud.

So maybe this could actually be turned into good news? If he comes back he definetly has a record deal so who knows what could happen <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yes I heard that too Thalia talked about MJ going to their house and even to their wedding He was their best man or something like that.
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    Thinking out loud here...

3 albums in 7 years is quite normal. Leaves 7 projects, one every year...what returns every year?

i agree with you 100% percent on the 'they're gonna get their asses kicked'-part cuz i am convinced that there must be some reason for this huge deal. but i'm more disturbed about it cuz i can't really imagine yet how that's gonna go down. it's a big commitment over 7 years. the number thing here is again astonishing as well.
    until now, i thought that any new mj-release would be with another label, since 'this is it' was the last thing he had to do for sony (as announced in 2001), so i thought: finally, no more sony!
    this deal with sony would also mean that mj cannot release other material on another label, unless collaborations that other artist publish with theirs, and that might cause legal trouble. and that any material michael left otherwise (or what the estate is gonna be willing to give up) will now be used by sony. i don't like the idea, honestly, cuz we still gotta give sony our money. just won't feel right.

what returns every year: anniversaries! birthdays! holidays! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    I'm trying to sort all this out. Here's what Roger Friedman has to say:
    <!-- m -->http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/03 ... hing-else/<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Deal: $225 Mil Just For Records, Nothing Else

The deal is only for records for the next seven years. It already includes the soundtrack to “This Is It.” Come November, the first scheduled release will be a collection of unreleased tracks perhaps including a duet with Paul Anka and one or two songs left off of “Thriller.”

Two more releases will be anniversary editions of “Bad” and “Off the Wall” which will include extra and remixed tracks a la the 25th anniversary edition of “Thriller.” McClain and hopefully Jackson’s longtime manager Frank DiLeo will be involved with those.

There are also enough tracks for at least one or two live albums from various Jackson tours.

The Sony deal does not include anything to do with Michael’s publishing, live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.
    live shows??
  • VenusVenus Posts: 260

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/michael-j ... z0iIxFx7GY<!-- m -->

Coincidence?

They will reissue old records like Off The Wall (my favorite), Bad, Dangerous, History. Plus 3 new ones it will be 7 albums. Why I didn't count Thriller? Because it was recently released as Thriller 25.
    Why seven years? Because they want to make money on Michael's music as long as people thrilled. 7 years the income will be really significant. after 7 years people will still buy his records by not so active, because most of them already have the albums, so sony expact to gain major profit and than maybe sale all rights to other company for record money.
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    live shows still to be arranged, or merchandise. A show with Cirque du Soleil, as I’ve written before, will be announced shortly for Las Vegas.

WTF ?! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • Michael's disgust for SONY was BECAUSE of MOTOLLA!

Motolla was FIRED in 2006!

We love you, Michael! And YES, we will be there! What a genius!

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Exactly.
    I was listening (radio conversation) to the guys that worked for Sony, it seemed like they had good relationship with MJ. I think MJ left Sony because of Mottola.

Our eyes should be open very widely, I don't wanna be sitting here next year thinking and talking about the hoax.
    Mj had Matolla & Branca investigated . The investigator was questioned by Tom M during the Trial ,it is in the transcription of the trial Mj suspected Matolla and Branca of Funneling Money {MJ;s Money} to off shore accounts . Hello,wake up people .Why would Mj hire back someone he suspected of stealing ? Fortunate for John Branca ,HUH The very people that MJ suspected of stealing from him ,are in control of everything he owns .Including the LA court system .The whole SYSTEM is corrupt .It's a circle of lies . I want to see Mj autograph Of Mj giving back Branca control of his estate .And witnesses .
  • Happy FeetHappy Feet Posts: 320
    Michael's disgust for SONY was BECAUSE of MOTOLLA!

Motolla was FIRED in 2006!

We love you, Michael! And YES, we will be there! What a genius!

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Exactly.
    I was listening (radio conversation) to the guys that worked for Sony, it seemed like they had good relationship with MJ. I think MJ left Sony because of Mottola.

Our eyes should be open very widely, I don't wanna be sitting here next year thinking and talking about the hoax.
    Mj had Matolla & Branca investigated . The investigator was questioned by Tom M during the Trial ,it is in the transcription of the trial Mj suspected Matolla and Branca of Funneling Money {MJ;s Money} to off shore accounts . Hello,wake up people .Why would Mj hire back someone he suspected of stealing ? Fortunate for John Branca ,HUH The very people that MJ suspected of stealing from him ,are in control of everything he owns .Including the LA court system .The whole SYSTEM is corrupt .It's a circle of lies . I want to see Mj autograph Of Mj giving back Branca control of his estate .And witnesses .

Ditto Kelly. This is all B.S
  • Cool. I didn't know that about contracts. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Contracts are NOT RETROACTIVE! That is all SPIN! Our dear Michael signed this contract in 2008!!!! That is why the two year extension takes it 2017 instead of 2019!

why are we excited about 2017? cause it has a 7 in it? i'm confused about this whole thing <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I think they're excited because it coordinates with the year that Michael brought Frank Dileo back on board for a project? IDK - because it shows maybe he was planning something before 2009. I hope so, maybe so? The only way I'll be excited is if Michael did initiate this deal with Sony and not just the Estate.
  • I d'ont think we should consider things that happened years ago. I mean, if Michael has a deal, he found Sony is the only one that could put money on the table...so, just let's go !
    I mean, music business is only about money. And I don't think Michael was a victim in this "sharks pool". Ok he had problems with Sony, but I guess he wouldn't have missed such an opportunity. This is what business is about ; forget about what you think to only choose the most profitable way at the best time. If Sony was the one at this very moment, no surprise Michael had a deal with them.

I wouldn't be surprised he came back with Sony, or asked his estate to deal with Sony if they were the most interesting ones.
  • everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378

Coincidence?

What a coincidence !!!

exactly. that's what i thought too when i read the article! plus the date it's posted, 3/16 = 3 (1 + 6 = 7)... triple sevens. and his triple 7 shirt. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

(don't bash us for guessing bam dates tho... L.O.V.E.)
  • rayvynrayvyn Posts: 139
    everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Could you post a link to the youtube video? Thanks.
  • Here's more details:
    <!-- m -->http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php ... &Itemid=82<!-- m -->

Future projects may include a DVD compilation of videos and a re-release of "Off the Wall" (originally issued in 1979) next year that will contain a treasure trove of new, exclusive material.

"The stuff we have in the vaults around that record is fascinating and remarkable," Stringer said. "We're going to build a whole platform with a documentary. The outtakes are fantastic! We have a lot of great stuff from around every time period [in Jackson's career]. We're plowing through everything now to understand what we've got."

Jackson estate co-executor John McClain - a 40-year confidant of Jackson's who produced part of his 2001 album "Invincible" - is spearheading the selection of previously unreleased material for an album that could hit shelves later this year; possibly in November.

"John McClain tells me they've got over 60 unreleased recordings that they're choosing from," Branca said. "The first album will have around 10 [tracks]. There's some very recent stuff and vintage stuff that deserves to be shared with Michael's fans."