NEW Record Deal for Michael

Comments

• darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Maybe this is a good thing? I'm not really too sure. How do we know that he wasn't the one that pushed for this deal to happen. To all of us the estate could just mean the estate where as it's really MJ himself, but to the public it has to say estate, and maybe even to sony it's just the estate. He could just keep releasing music for years and stay in hiding for years. You never know
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I think I like that

I love this idea. MJ is the estate himself. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I also wondered why on June 17th or June 18th, 2009, that he wrote a letter shifting the control of his money from the Jackson Family Trust to the Estate. Maybe this is the possible answer to this question. I hope that I have stated this correctly. God bless you all! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Happy FeetHappy Feet Posts: 320
    everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I know where your coming from Kelly and I have read and followed all the stuff too. I wish I could share in the same optimism and joy everyone else does with this news. However I don't. This is not good.
    Maybe this is a good thing? I'm not really too sure. How do we know that he wasn't the one that pushed for this deal to happen. To all of us the estate could just mean the estate where as it's really MJ himself, but to the public it has to say estate, and maybe even to sony it's just the estate. He could just keep releasing music for years and stay in hiding for years. You never know

I love this idea. MJ is the estate himself. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I also wondered why on June 17th or June 18th, 2009, that he wrote a letter shifting the control of his money from the Jackson Family Trust to the Estate. Maybe this is the possible answer to this question. I hope that I have stated this correctly. God bless you all! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Again, he broke another record. They are saying this is the biggest deal ever and there will be an "official" announcement tomorrow. HA! The man continues to kick %ss! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

MJ, I used to just call you, Daddy! Now, I call you, Big Daddy <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->! You show the music industry how it is done <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->, my baby! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Could you post a link to the youtube video? Thanks.

[youtube:w1yiz10c]

[youtube:w1yiz10c]
  • Maybe this is a good thing? I'm not really too sure. How do we know that he wasn't the one that pushed for this deal to happen. To all of us the estate could just mean the estate where as it's really MJ himself, but to the public it has to say estate, and maybe even to sony it's just the estate. He could just keep releasing music for years and stay in hiding for years. You never know

He did? If that is true then it all makes much more sense. Hmmm...I can't wait to hear his new album.
  • angelangel Posts: 349
    ABC News tonight with Diane Sawyer had Jim Henke (Curator, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame) on saying, "they could take these tracks and go back into the studio with a producer like Quincy Jones or someone who worked with Michael and have him polish it up so they could get it up to the standard that we're used to". Craig Marks, editor of Billboard magazine was also on and said, "I think that, as with most artists, death is not a terrible career move, for the estate and for the record company". It ended with the statement, "Over time, as the tabloid taint fades and with roughly 60 unreleased songs in the vault, fans of Michael Jackson can expect another productive period in a career that will outlive the man".
  • VenusVenus Posts: 260
    Look people, I know we all want Michael to be alive, but don't you think it's too many serois mature people saying that Michael was murdered and Branca illegaly took over the estate? Everyone can't lie. One thing I can tel for sure. After all, even if MJ is alive, he will not comeback because so many people risk their reputation to get justice for Michael -the family, lawers, even some media.

The only reason for the hoax i see here is that Branca with some other people (like Tohme) took all the control over MJ's money and life, creating the estate that hired Dileo, trasfered all the accounts to the estate, signed contract for MJ without his permition. So the only way to take back the control was to die and get it to public view for safety. This is the only thing for hoax I can see, but this way Mj won't come back and he's in danger right now. And I bother about connection between Tohme and Jermaine.
    I'm sure Michael wouldn't rehire someone who cheated him and stole his money (Branca) to rule the entire estate. This is just insane. Unless he was insane (on drugs). Then what we hear is true - he died from overdose which was intentionally injected by Murray to kill him before the concerts started.
  • this is the funniest real life drama-saga thing i Have ever seen!

Now I want to see what songs the Lawyers select!
  • jilljill Posts: 917

Wow! This is the first time I have heard about a letter he wrote shifting control of his money from the trust to his estate. This is powerful evidence! Do you have a link to the letter or article?
  • rayvynrayvyn Posts: 139
    everyone should see the u-tube video's on the L.A. Civil Rights Association they are going to be rallying for Justice for Michael .Joe Jackson and Brian Oxman are on there and the president of the LACRA had dinner with Joe Jackson last week .They want to take it to Supreme court ,the LA court system is corrupt . Judge Melville said MJ bail was higher because he is rich ,this is a violation of MJ's rights .LAPD ,FBI >LA DA office ,been violating MJ's rights for decades ! Why do you think he left ? why do you think he did not want to perform in the US ?Why should he let U.S. Biz profit off of his Fame in U.S Justice system really Failed Michael he says "I can't believe this is the land from which I came " it was the PEOPLE that found Mj Innocent not the court system they abused and violated him and his fame & money and they continue to do so today .How did someone that MJ accused of stealing from him get control of all of MJ assets including unreleased Music ? I do not believe his Family 'went along with it " They have no choice .Branca has total control .If she contests him she loses {Katherine } That is why Joe has to file suits . Mj future legacy and creative legacy belongs to his family and kids ,Dosen't it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Could you post a link to the youtube video? Thanks.

[youtube:3m2w4icv]

[youtube:3m2w4icv]

Thanks much!
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    by Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 am
    Look people, I know we all want Michael to be alive, but don't you think it's too many serois mature people saying that Michael was murdered and Branca illegaly took over the estate? Everyone can't lie. One thing I can tel for sure. After all, even if MJ is alive, he will not comeback because so many people risk their reputation to get justice for Michael -the family, lawers, even some media.

The only reason for the hoax i see here is that Branca with some other people (like Tohme) took all the control over MJ's money and life, creating the estate that hired Dileo, trasfered all the accounts to the estate, signed contract for MJ without his permition. So the only way to take back the control was to die and get it to public view for safety. This is the only thing for hoax I can see, but this way Mj won't come back and he's in danger right now. And I bother about connection between Tohme and Jermaine.
    I'm sure Michael wouldn't rehire someone who cheated him and stole his money (Branca) to rule the entire estate. This is just insane. Unless he was insane (on drugs). Then what we hear is true - he died from overdose which was intentionally injected by Murray to kill him before the concerts started.

I have to agree with Venus. Unless some questions are answered as about Michael Jackson
    and his death or "death", I am not buying. I like the man, with or without his music and dance,
    but I won't fall into this trap of thinking he alive for years and years and Sony and estate
    wanting purchase power without telling the truth. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • Michael isn't in debt it's all bs and I don't think Michael hated Sony just Motolla and he has been terminated so why not get a deal with Sony if they had the highest bid then you take it remember in that vid against Sony "it was just good business" yes indeed Michael, even though this wasn't the main objective of the hoax I think Michael is really observing how people are acting towards the thought of him being dead people using him to gain money and all of a sudden people caring about him remember guys he runs the show.
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    Early quote by Joe Jackson:

Refusing to share details of the autopsy results, Joseph however did hint that his son had troubles when he was still alive. "There's a lot to be told, though, I'll tell you that right now. The truth! The truth is still to be told," he stated.
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745

I wonder about that too
    but Don't you think the family would fight harder to put this out there ?( the John branca thing I mean), I know Mrs. Jackson initially objected and Joe calls the frauds, but I dont feel theyre fighting for justice in that sense...
    its fishy...
  • rayvynrayvyn Posts: 139

I wonder about that too
    but Don't you think the family would fight harder to put this out there ?( the John branca thing I mean), I know Mrs. Jackson initially objected and Joe calls the frauds, but I dont feel theyre fighting for justice in that sense...
    its fishy...

To be honest, we don't know if they are indeed fighting for justice. There are things that they're doing that we'll never know about. Unless we're insiders, we just can't know.
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745

I wonder about that too
    its fishy...

To be honest, we don't know if they are indeed fighting for justice. There are things that they're doing that we'll never know about. Unless we're insiders, we just can't know.
    could be <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    but we havent heard of any law suits or media uproars....
    but what I think is if Branca sold MJ for money, then he could be bought..JMO
  • Edit
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312
    this is the funniest real life drama-saga thing i Have ever seen!

Now I want to see what songs the Lawyers select!

I have to agree with you. This gets weirder all of the time. MJ makes the largest record deal in history from beyond the grave! (not really!) WOW! Keep the Faith! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Wow! This is the first time I have heard about a letter he wrote shifting control of his money from the trust to his estate. This is powerful evidence! Do you have a link to the letter or article?

@ Jill, I need to correct to my statement: <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I also wondered why on June 17th or June 18th, 2009, that he wrote a letter shifting the control of his money from the Jackson Family Trust to the Estate. Maybe this is the possible answer to this question. I hope that I have stated this correctly. God bless you all! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->[/quote]

I have remembered wrongly . Here is the article talking about how John Branca was re-hired as his lawyer eight days before MJ's supposed death:

I always thought it was strange that MJ re-hired Branca eight days before his supposed death. What did MJ know that I did not. I am sorry for this error on my part. All the info that I have collected over the last, couple of months has blurred together. Thank you for your patience all. God bless each one of you! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

<!-- m -->http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/01 ... son-legal1<!-- m -->
    Michael Jackson's will surfaces

As a massive memorial is discussed, work begins on the star's complicated estate.

July 01, 2009|Harriet Ryan
    The posthumous affairs of Michael Jackson boiled down to two things Tuesday: His memorial service will draw a huge crowd and the settling of his estate will be complicated.

Beyond that was a storm of rumor, supposition and educated guess interrupted by snatches of information more intriguing than complete.

An entertainment attorney who had worked for Jackson produced a 7-year-old will that named him and a music executive as executors. Lawyers for Jackson's mother, who had asked a court for control of his affairs a day before, said they were evaluating the validity of the document.

Meanwhile, reports about funeral arrangements swirled, with a source close to family discussions telling The Times that one potential plan involved a memorial at Staples Center followed by a procession to Jackson's Neverland Ranch, where a more intimate service for family, friends and the music industry would occur.

Law enforcement agencies strategized, school officials near the ranch mulled traffic congestion and broadcast outlets, anticipating one of the largest media events in years, began talking about how to share helicopters, satellite coordinates, video feeds and other resources. There was just one thing missing: official information.

"We don't know the details of what any movement would be," said California Highway Patrol Sgt. Mark Garrett. "We've heard rumors just like the media and the public."

An attorney for Jackson's parents, Katherine and Joe Jackson, declined to comment on the funeral planning and said the couple's legal team was focused on evaluating the July 2002 will.

"I just saw the will for the first time this morning. We are in the process of reviewing it. We did not see it prior to the filing. We wish we had known about it earlier," said attorney L. Londell McMillan.

The source, like many connected to the Jackson case, spoke The document was produced by John Branca, a lawyer who began representing Jackson in 1980. Branca and Jackson parted ways in 2006 in a disagreement over other advisors, but on June 17 -- eight days before his death -- Jackson signed a letter once again retaining Branca as his lawyer, according to a source familiar with the relationship
    on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the situation.

The 2002 will named Jackson's 79-year-old mother as guardian of his three children and ordered that all his assets be moved into an entity known as the Michael Jackson Family Trust, a source with knowledge of the will said. It appointed as executors Branca and John McClain, a founder of Interscope Records and an associate of Jackson since his youth, the source said.

McMillan declined to comment on a Wall Street Journal report that the will splits Jackson's assets among his mother, children and one or more charities. The lawyer said it was "a good thing" and "part of the process" for those who had worked with the performer to produce documents related to his estate."Mr. Jackson had a series of lawyers over time, and part of our challenge is to make contact with each and every one of those advisors to review their files," he said.In an appearance on "Larry King Live," a probate attorney said Branca "may not have the full picture" of Jackson's estate planning."Things were in transition often in Michael's life," said lawyer Burt Levitch.Katherine Jackson has temporary custody of Michael Jackson's two sons and his daughter and temporary control of his estate with limited powers, including the right to secure his tangible assets. In court filings requesting those powers Monday, her lawyers checked a box indicating that the singer died without a will, but they acknowledged elsewhere in the documents that they had heard of a will but not seen it."It was important for Mrs. Jackson to proactively take legal action and protect the well-being of the children and the personal property and belongings" of her son, McMillan said.He said he represented Jackson in the 3 1/2 years leading up to his death. McMillan said the entertainer never told him that he had rehired Branca but, he said, "It's possible."A statement issued Tuesday on behalf of Branca and Joel Katz, an Atlanta attorney who had been helping Jackson negotiate new record deals, said they "are now carrying out his wishes and desires as expressed in the last will and testament. It is their sincere desire that Michael's affairs be handled with dignity and respect."Branca, whose clients include Santana and Aerosmith, advised Jackson on what is acknowledged as Jackson's smartest business decision: Buying half of the Beatles' catalog in 1985 for $47.5 million. The catalog, supplemented over the years by the work of many other artists, is estimated to be worth at least $1 billion.

In a May interview with The Times, Branca said he stopped working with Jackson because the entertainer brought into his inner circle "people who really didn't have his best interests at heart.""The paradox is that Michael is one of the brightest and most talented people I've ever known," he added. "At the same time, he has made some of the worst choices in advisors in the history of music."

The other executor named in the will, McClain, worked with Michael Jackson, his sister Janet, and the Jackson 5 as well as with rappers Ice Cube and Dr. Dre. He is best known for his work at Interscope Records, where he was responsible for bringing the controversial yet lucrative gangsta rap label Death Row Records into its corporate fold.An executor role would give Branca and McClain power to manage Jackson's finances while the court is settling his affairs, a process that could take years. Jackson, 50, died with more than $400 million in debt, but his assets -- including his musical catalog and his partial ownership of the Sony-ATV catalog -- outweigh his debts by hundreds of millions of dollars."That is going to be a very important responsibility considering the size of the debts and the projected size of the estate. . . . There is also going to be a responsibility during that time to monetize the assets. The judge is going to want to make sure a responsible person is admitted," said Lawrence Heller, a veteran L.A. probate attorney who has handled estate planning for Sammy Davis Jr. and other <!-- e --><a href="mailto:celebrities.--harriet.ryan@latimes.comTimes">celebrities.--harriet.ryan@latimes.comTimes</a><!-- e --> staff writers Chris Lee, Andrew Blankstein, Ari B. Bloomekatz, Ruben Vives and Raja Abdulrahim contributed to this report.
  • Just have to say I don't like how this all sounds. I'm not losing faith that Micheal is alive but I am losing hope that he will come back to us. And yes I am getting his many messages and not just focusing on his return. I would love to set my eyes on this wonderful man alive and well... and pray that he sticks it to those who haven't believed in him and I was looking forward to that BAM ......
    but this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, Michael went great lengths and probably risked alot to let us know how evil Sony/Mottola was to him. Would he actually forget that and make a deal with that devil? over money? That is not a message Michael would want us to hear.

Okay, so I am still confused.
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    @ Darkchild...thank you so much. That was very helpful. I wonder who this attorney in Atlanta is.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    There are two main keys in this case:

* the kids
    * the money.

Where the kids are going, MJ is not far.
    Where the money is going, truth is not far.

One day or the other, the answers will come out of hiding because the money advocats cannot hide. There is one remarkable thing about greedy people: they cannot hide their greed.
    Who wants to cash in must show the money to the world. These people define their existence on money. Watch for those boasting on their $$$. Ask them how they got it.

Who fills the bank account of Doc Murray and pays his lawyers knows why Doc Murray did what he did. Same applies to the other bank accounts. Money rules the world. MJ was always target to fill other people's pockets.

Where is Tohme Tohme in this picture? Wanting to represent as president of MJJ productions vs. Julien Auctions (those with the UK furniture now), in Colony Capital owning half ot Neverland and in TRW Advertising who did e.g. the Bush campaign? Weller, one of the partners of TRW was said to have threatened Julien claiming "blodshed and lives at stake" in March 2009.

We have not seen much yet of what is really going on behind the curtains.
    Watch out for the money flows.
  • VenusVenus Posts: 260
    There are two main keys in this case:

* the kids
    * the money.

One day or the other, the answers will come out of hiding because the money advocats cannot hide. There is one remarkable thing about greedy people: they cannot hide their greed.
    Who wants to cash in must show the money to the world. These people define their existence on money. Watch for those boasting on their $$$. Ask them how they got it.

Who fills the bank account of Doc Murray and pays his lawyers knows why Doc Murray did what he did. Same applies to the other bank accounts. Money rules the world. MJ was always target to fill other people's pockets.

Where is Tohme Tohme in this picture? Wanting to represent as president of MJJ productions vs. Julien Auctions (those with the UK furniture now), in Colony Capital owning half ot Neverland and in TRW Advertising who did e.g. the Bush campaign? Weller, one of the partners of TRW was said to have threatened Julien claiming "blodshed and lives at stake" in March 2009.

Scaaaaaaary! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Michael isn't in debt it's all bs and I don't think Michael hated Sony just Motolla and he has been terminated so why not get a deal with Sony if they had the highest bid then you take it remember in that vid against Sony "it was just good business" yes indeed Michael, even though this wasn't the main objective of the hoax I think Michael is really observing how people are acting towards the thought of him being dead people using him to gain money and all of a sudden people caring about him remember guys he runs the show.

Yeah I agree. I think MJ had a personal issue with Sony when it was controlled by Tommy Mottolla. MJ couldn't stand Tommy Mottolla. Mottolla was out of Sony pretty much after MJ went off on him and exposed him for who he really was to the public. I think MJ actually owns a stake in Sony if I'm not mistaken. He said so himself in a video on youtube. I heard that he owns the right to songs by Eminem and other artists. This is something else. An artist that is supposedly passed away gets a new record deal worth 200 million. Wow. I also heard Wendy Williams the Queen of gossip making jokes that now all the Jackson will get a cut of MJ's money. How she figure that? I thought that was kinda tacky to say. She also talked about Omer Bhatti wanting MJ's kids to call him Michael and that there's all kind of mess in the house. It's like these stories are just so messed up and how the heck does she know what happens in that house. The media is a trip. I also saw this story on the globe tabloid paper today when I went to the grocery store checking out and they had MJ and his kids plastered on the front of the paper.
  • There are two main keys in this case:

* the kids
    * the money.

I agree with you. The fact MJ rehired Branca June 17/18 2009 plays a big role,IMO. Branca was also the one who "produced" the will after his death. Since so much more security was being observed at Carolwood the days before he died,to me, there are only two possibilities; either MJ took over himself while experiencing serious threats, or MJ was being taken over by threatening people. But then, why did MICHAEL contacted Branca? About a come back or not; I cannot imagine MJ staying in hiding forever.To me, it is not his nature, he wants to be present in the world. But that is only my opinion.