Michael's NEW ALBUM....Nothing to do with Sony!

Comments

• whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    I think he means after Human Nature when KO told MJ to drink water and then MJ started to say '' water , water ''.......

Yep he was giving us just a teeny taste of his new song and we didnt even know it!!! ooO(smiling with tears)Oooo

Are you sure it's after Human Nature?? It's definitely after Billie Jean on mine. Or is this some sort of different country / different version issue? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Oh yes !! I meant BJ ! my bad <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • LaLove09LaLove09 Posts: 120
    BAM!!!!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Apparently the Cascios are piddled off this news has been leaked.. they think that $ony are trying to force their hand in some way into handing the music over.

Ive had it on good authority that this news has been leaked and not by the Cascios.

Believe it, arabian nights... this is some good news that is all real.

Think about it.. it makes total sense. $ony never thought Michael Jackson would "out think" them. He vowed $ony would never get their hands on any of his new material.. and now it seems they aint!!!!

Question: who would leak this information if the Cascios didn't?
  • Invincible1Invincible1 Posts: 38
    God... I'm so confused... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    So Michael and SONY ARE enemies???

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Mee too!
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    [youtube:3krhm593]

AWWWW <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    I LOVE THAT SPEECH! I LOVE THIS GUY!!! HE IS THE MOST!!! HE IS THE MAN!!!
    EVERY TIME I WATCH THIS I HAVE THE SAME FEELING THAT I HAD WHEN I LOOK THE THIS IS IT SPEECH AT LONDON... HE HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN MINT!!!

@DancingTheDream, Awwww, thanks honey, for putting up this video of MJ . It expresses everything for me. God bless you for your love and your faith in MJ. xxxx

@ CC, I agree 100% with your well-said sentiments. God bless you, and welcome to the boards! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> MJ, baby, you wrote the book, my angel. No one can do it and do it better than you, can, baby. I love you the most, MJ! xxxxxx

Sony, another special dedication for you:

[ROD SERLING INTRO]
    Tonight’s story is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction
    A monster had arrived in the village
    The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown
    And this person or thing is soon to be met
    He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion
    Oh yes, I did forget something didn’t I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster.

You’re fearing me, ‘cause you know I’m a beast
    Watching you when you sleep, when you’re in bed
    I’m underneath
    You’re trapped in halls, and my face is the walls
    I’m the floor when you fall, and when you scream it’s ‘cause of me
    I’m the living dead, the dark thoughts in your head
    I heard just what you said
    That’s why you’ve got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]
    You should be watching me, you should feel threatened
    Why you sleep, why you creep, you should be threatened
    Every time your lady speaks she speaks to me, threatened
    Half of me you’ll never be, so you should feel threatened by me

You think you’re by yourself, but it’s my touch you felt
    I’m not a ghost from Hell, but I’ve got a spell on you
    Your worst nightmare, it's me, I'm everywhere
    In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
    I’m telling you, when you lie under a tomb
    I’m the one watching you
    That’s why you got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]

[ROD SERLING VERSE]
    The unknown monster is about to embark
    From a far corner, out of the dark
    A nightmare, that’s the case
    Never Neverland, that’s the place
    This particular monster can read minds
    Be in two places at the same time
    This is judgement night, execution, slaughter
    The devil, ghosts, this monster is torture
    You can be sure of one thing, that’s fate
    A human presence that you feel is strange
    A monster that you can see disappear
    A monster, the worst thing to fear.

[CHORUS x 3]

[ROD SERLING OUTRO]
    What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    I am missing this one and I don't see how SONY is left out... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Wasn't MJ under contract with SONY at the time of his "death"? For the past 10 months I have thought so. Now combine that with the new deal between the Jackson Estate and SONY. Wouldn't that mean that they have MJs music (old and new)under their thumb for the next 7 years and would be the sole distributor?

credit Wall Street Journal 3/16/10
    A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

Prior to the new deal SONY had distribution rights to MJs music until 2015. If songs were recorded in 2007 then SONY had distribution rights to those as well. Help me to understand how SONY lost out and cannot distribute the 2007 recordings. Perhaps I have overlooked something that others are seeing so clearly.
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    I am missing this one and I don't see how SONY is left out... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Wasn't MJ under contract with SONY at the time of his "death"? For the past 10 months I have thought so. Now combine that with the new deal between the Jackson Estate and SONY. Wouldn't that mean that they have MJs music (old and new)under their thumb for the next 7 years and would be the sole distributor?

A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

Prior to the new deal SONY had distribution rights to MJs music until 2015. If songs were recorded in 2007 then SONY had distribution rights to those as well. Help me to understand how SONY lost out and cannot distribute the 2007 recordings. Perhaps I have overlooked something that others are seeing so clearly.

i do know a little about music contracting (i was married to a musician, worked in the field and was an active musician myself before having kids), so my take is this:

any material that mike recorded outside of sony is to be regarded as 'free' and they won't be able to put their hands on it. the contract between mike and sony ended with his 'death' and the release of the tii-boxset, which is all he had to produce for them to fullfill HIS contract. and i am pretty sure that the new contract can only apply to anything mike did as a sony artist and the unreleased material of that time.
    the new deal with the estate can only regard material that the estate officially inherited and adminsiters in mike's name. that does NOT apply for anything mike ever did in collaboration with other people/ outside of sony. that very probably means that he signed over the rights to that material to the collaborating party, in this case the cascio family. i think this is possible, since mike already owns the rights to his recordings himself. sony can only publish what they can get their hands on, they cannot claim rights to something they are not entitled to, meaning someone other than mike or the estate. i think this is a very tiny legal loophole that mike saw and used to his advantage. outthinking...that's what it is!
    and being the detailed and thorough man that he is, mike made sure that 2007 material could be released under a different label and with no way for sony to get their hands on it. preparation is everything... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

this is also just another genius strike, because once this new album comes out, nobody is gonna buy another 'number ones'/'greatest hits' or whatever compilation from sony. and if my gut feeling is right, 'the best is yet to come'. with mike writing up to hundreds of songs for each album, there is very probably tons of new material that sony will never see. their stuff is gonna lay rotting on the shelves while mike is throwing out a new album each year on a different label... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

we'll just have to see how this new material is gonna be packaged... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Hugs to you for taking the time to explain. There seemed to be such a grey area for me that didn't quite seem right. My confusion was in understanding how MJ can do any personal recording while contracted to SONY and them not being able to claim it for distribution. I was under the impression that if the project had his name and listed him as primary singer/songwriter i.e. a MJ project and not just a collaboration then it was considered SONY distribution property. Thanks again for the clarification.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when this news leaked to the SONY people. It makes sense now. MJ stated that he wrote hundreds of songs yet SONY only acknowedged 60 or so in the vault when they signed the new deal. I, like so many others, wondered what happened to the rest of his music.

i do know a little about music contracting (i was married to a musician, worked in the field and was an active musician myself before having kids), so my take is this:

any material that mike recorded outside of sony is to be regarded as 'free' and they won't be able to put their hands on it. the contract between mike and sony ended with his 'death' and the release of the tii-boxset, which is all he had to produce for them to fullfill HIS contract. and i am pretty sure that the new contract can only apply to anything mike did as a sony artist and the unreleased material of that time.
    the new deal with the estate can only regard material that the estate officially inherited and adminsiters in mike's name. that does NOT apply for anything mike ever did in collaboration with other people/ outside of sony. that very probably means that he signed over the rights to that material to the collaborating party, in this case the cascio family. i think this is possible, since mike already owns the rights to his recordings himself. sony can only publish what they can get their hands on, they cannot claim rights to something they are not entitled to, meaning someone other than mike or the estate. i think this is a very tiny legal loophole that mike saw and used to his advantage. outthinking...that's what it is!
    and being the detailed and thorough man that he is, mike made sure that 2007 material could be released under a different label and with no way for sony to get their hands on it. preparation is everything... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

this is also just another genius strike, because once this new album comes out, nobody is gonna buy another 'number ones'/'greatest hits' or whatever compilation from sony. and if my gut feeling is right, 'the best is yet to come'. with mike writing up to hundreds of songs for each album, there is very probably tons of new material that sony will never see. their stuff is gonna lay rotting on the shelves while mike is throwing out a new album each year on a different label... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

we'll just have to see how this new material is gonna be packaged... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Thank You For Explaining tabloidburn, Indeed this man is a genius, we the fans will take charge of Sony, will buy Michael's new music <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • lilithlilith Posts: 105
    Since this here is a hoax forum, I would like to understand one other thing:

what would happen (with those contracts) if Michael reappeared? This whole situation with Michael out-thinking Sony, does it work if he ever comes back? Or is this the point where we have to understand that he might be still alive, but that he will never come back in person?

I'm happy that there is the possibility for a load of new material - but it would mean a huge sacrifice then ...
  • BTW, what about Joe`s new recordlabel he was talking about during an interview after MJs death?

Could it have something to do with this new album being released?

Lilith, I don`t see a problem for MJ returning under these circumstances!
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    UPDATE

<!-- m -->http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/05/03...legal-problems<!-- m -->

New Michael Jackson Album May Pose Legal Problems

By: Roger Friedman in Music // May 3rd, 2010

The newly discovered Michael Jackson album I told you about –exclusively–yesterday may pose some legal problems.

The album was recorded by Michael in the fall of 2007 ...with Eddie Cascio at his home in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. No one knew about it until earlier this year. Cascio, 28, is the second oldest son of longtime Jackson friends Dominick and Connie Cascio, Michael’s surrogate family.

Yesterday I wondered in this space if Michael’s recordings with Cascio would be covered by his estate’s recent $200 million deal with Sony. I thought maybe not, since no one knew about the tracks at the time of the deal.

But things could get sticky between the Jackson estate and Cascio. I am told that Cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles, Don Passman. And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means. There’s no word on whether Jackson–who used to put his “M” signature on anything in front of him–signed a piece of paper with Cascio.

There will be some tough questioning by the estate over who wrote the songs Cascio recorded, and whether Michael was their author or co-author. I’m told that may be “covered” as well by copyright registrations.

Indeed, two days after Jackson died–on June 27, 2009–Cascio filed a copyright claim along with Michael Jackson and another songwriter for something called “MJ Songbook.” The filing is just for lyrics. An earlier filing. from March 2008, is labeled “JPEC Collection.” The song titles in each collection are not specified in the Library of Congress’s database, but it’s possible that Cascio updated his 2008 filing after Jackson died to reflect the superstar’s contribution to material Cascio had already written–and wisely registered.

What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest.

Meanwhile, executor John McClain–who’s had health problems– is going through some 60 other unreleased tracks, selecting what he thinks are the best ones for a Jackson album to be released this fall by Sony.

McClain is not considered a Clive Davis, really, in the business. But he helped Janet Jackson, whom he grew up with, start her career at A&M Records. And he briefly co-managed Michael in the early Nineties with Trudy Green. McClain, unlike Jackson intimates Frank DiLeo and John Branca, has so far not heard the Cascio tapes, I am told.

“He’s resisting it,” says a source, while he’s busy sorting through those 60 tracks.
  • And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means

This is THE sentence that says it all, don`t you think so, too?
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means

This is THE sentence that says it all, don`t you think so, too?

YOU ARE RIGHT!
    THAT IS THE SENTENCE!!!
    THIS IS MORE INTERESTING DAY BY DAY...
    MAYBE THE NEW ALBUMS COME TOGETHER! ONE FOR SONY AND ONE FOR OTHER COMPANY.... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    Is it possible that WE KNOW that Michael is alive and SONY DOESN'T????
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    @dancingthedream

very interesting find. pretty much sums up what i've been thinking. mike has found the legal loopholes to sign over the material to cascio. 'covered' means exactly that. he got a perfect legal blanket from michael...

and sony is biting their nails for exactly this reason: nobody is gonna buy their stuff when this new and exciting material comes along!!! bvaaaaahahahaaaaaahhhh...!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> as far as as i'm concerned, all the stuff sony can lay their hands on cannot be too recent. and mike was traveling around a lot between 2001 (last sony album with new songs) and 2008, working his gorgeous a$$ off writing and recording. my take: he was smart enough to leave that material to trusted people where he recorded it. who says he took any of that with him? who says he doesn't have safes around the world stuffed with music, just waiting to be pulled out? what the estate and sony have is hard drives from his house and old material they can choose from. no wonder mcclain is sweating now, tryin' to comb thru the material... <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
    way to go, mike!!! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

if this is part of the whole plan, i'm even thinking he left some 'inconspicuous' stuff for sony and them and the real bombs are just about to drop on us! why else would the estate and sony be so edgy about it? plus: mike has no more conrtract with sony, the estate does. mike is a free agent, just like he said. even if he shows up again, the estate can still be the administrator for his heritage until his 'death'. that is the purpose of the estate by contract and all sony can lay their hands on. period. just another legal loophole here... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    they know only too well that sh!t is gonna be kickin' anything off the shelves they come up with! the best is yet to come!

I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THE LABEL!!!

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Rita HayworthRita Hayworth Posts: 122
    What if this is part of the trap Michael has set for Sony, Branco,AEG et al? Kind of the snake and mouse thing. Is this the way he exposes them for what they are? Their response to this supposedly new material (whether it exists or not) will bring them out in the open. A battle fought in court which will allow everything to come out in the open...including the "old" will.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    MJ you genious.
  • alwayslovealwayslove Posts: 20
    OH MY G.
    After couple day's off,surfing here.I come back and read great news.
    BUT on the same time,I'm so afraid to feel Joy right now.
    Oh Lord I can't wait to see, what is gonna happen next.This is like a soapOPERA <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I don`t think this was only to be reached by a faked death. I don`t think he would have put his children and himself through a struggle like this to finally reach a free position on the recordmarket. I am still very sure that, on top, his life was seriously in danger.
  • trishatrisha Posts: 58
    WELL I DON'T THINK THIS ALBUM WAS RECORDED IN 2007 BECAUSE MJ WAS IN BAHRAIN AFTER HIS TRIAL N WAS PLANNING TO SETTLE IN THERE N WAS ALSO NEGOTIATING BUSINESS WITH PRINCE OF BAHRAIN. IMO THIS ALBUM MIGHT HAVE BEEN RECORDED AFTER HIS DEATH HOAX N I DON'T BUY THAT HE HAS RECORDED HIS ALBUM IN 2007.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    WELL I DON'T THINK THIS ALBUM WAS RECORDED IN 2007 BECAUSE MJ WAS IN BAHRAIN AFTER HIS TRIAL N WAS PLANNING TO SETTLE IN THERE N WAS ALSO NEGOTIATING BUSINESS WITH PRINCE OF BAHRAIN. IMO THIS ALBUM MIGHT HAVE BEEN RECORDED AFTER HIS DEATH HOAX N I DON'T BUY THAT HE HAS RECORDED HIS ALBUM IN 2007.

To my best knowledge he was in Bahrain in 2006, and in Ireland recording in 2007.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
    I don`t think this was only to be reached by a faked death. I don`t think he would have put his children and himself through a struggle like this to finally reach a free position on the recordmarket. I am still very sure that, on top, his life was seriously in danger.

I think it's important to look at things from all angles. The children grew up in a "struggle". Michael's whole life was a "struggle". They are used to their dad being Michael Jackson and all that comes with it. In fact, they don't know any different.

Also, he wouldn't be "putting them through" much if they knew the truth. The two oldest ones are old enough and seem mature enough to understand. Probably not Blanket, and that could be why he thinks his dad is/was "on vacation" as LaToya said.
  • Rita HayworthRita Hayworth Posts: 122
    You're right. It's more than just the money. But I have always thought that if you follow the money, you will find the answers. If they attempted (and almost succeeded) in destroying Michael's character and integrity in order to get to the money, then all of it is intertwined. I think it's a complicated story with many players who all had a myriad of agendas. I believe that Michael thought his life, if not physically than certainly a life that he wanted for himself and his children, was in jeopardy. Maybe the only way "out" is by trapping them all through the legal system. I don't pretend to be able to understand his genius, I only think I know a little of his heart. The things that were most precious to him were destroyed in the court cases. I think he feels like he has to do this for the sake of his children and his name. In the end, all that any of us has is our character and our name that lasts until no one no longer remembers us. Anyway, that's the resurrection and restoration I am praying for him and for his children. It's a huge battle he's undertaken with unscrupulous characters. It's serious. Myself, I think Peter Lopez is involved and is either in hiding or in protective custody as well.