The Michael Jackson/Lisa Marie Presley marriage certificate

Comments

• LMP's signature looks different than her autographs.

Now where did I hear that "different signatures" story also?? No, I'm not going to throw in all the different Michael Jackson signatures again, no no no! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • LMP's signature looks different than her autographs.

Now where did I hear that "different signatures" story also?? No, I'm not going to throw in all the different Michael Jackson signatures again, no no no! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    This image contains signatures, supposedly Mike's, on official documents and letters. I numbered them, and made a list showing which signature appears on which document/letter:

signatures01.jpg

Full size image here: <!-- m -->http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/ ... ures02.jpg<!-- m -->

1: Marriage license Lisa Marie Presley
    2: The Chandler settlement
    3: Letter concerning participation in project "The Way of the Unicorn/The Endangered Ones"
    4: The will
    5: Moonwalk
    6: Passport issued in 1987
    7: Letter firing John Branca
    8: Letter to Diane Williams, cease and desist from signing for his certified mail
    9: Letter to Judge Melville substitution of Tom Mesereau in place of Geragos
    10: Passport issued in 1993
    11: Drivers license
    12: AEG contract signature "Michael Jackson"
    13: AEG contract signature "The Michael Jackson Company LLC, Name: Michael Jackson"
    14: Contract mayor city of Gary concerning The Michael J Jackson Performing Arts Center

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Sooo,here there areeee <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

All the signatures, taráaaaa
    As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.
    I've given two links & the legal definition. One with both signatures and a seal, and the new one. The burden of proof is not mine.
    Some people will refuse to believe regardless of evidence, even from the horses mouth; what ever, it's not my job to convince you.
    Some can't forgive the past; even if it's PapCrap or twisted, edited interviews. That's human nature in motion I suppose...

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...

Uh? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MsTrinity333, for your judgemental response I guess that you have not read some of the theories of this forum regarding the marriage certificate and why that certificate has been questioned.

Yes, you are right, it´s human nature....
  • Sooo,here there areeee <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

All the signatures, taráaaaa
    As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.
    I've given two links & the legal definition. One with both signatures and a seal, and the new one. The burden of proof is not mine.
    Some people will refuse to believe regardless of evidence, even from the horses mouth; what ever, it's not my job to convince you.
    Some can't forgive the past; even if it's PapCrap or twisted, edited interviews. That's human nature in motion I suppose...

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...

Uh? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MsTrinity333, for your judgemental response I guess that you have not read some of the theories of this forum regarding the marriage certificate and why that certificate has been questioned.

Yes, you are right, it´s human nature....

Like I said...
    I don't put much faith in theories... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Just plausible facts. I did not judge anybody; the point is there seems to be a real lack of the L.O.V.E. MJ lived his life by all over the internet concerning LMP & those who support her. When I hear from my legal friend concerning the spelling inconsistencies I'll let you know. Until this document is PROVEN a fake (even with spelling errors) I will believe Michael & Lisa. It makes no sense to do otherwise nor does it nullify their love for each other. Lisa gains nothing by lying about it. She changed her last name to Jackson, and at the divorce asked for NOTHING but her name back. If it were a lie the tabloid press would be all over it & so would MsPrissy.
    This has nothing to do with love. It has to do with legal documents names and signatures not corresponding to the official legal ones.

We are not discussing if MJ loved Lisa <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> we are discussing their signatures and legal names on that "legal" document, the wedding certificate.
  • This has nothing to do with love. It has to do with legal documents names and signatures not corresponding to the official legal ones.

We are not discussing if MJ loved Lisa <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> we are discussing their signatures and legal names on that "legal" document, the wedding certificate.

Yes but you implied I was the one judging people & making judgmental statements...
    Your own words <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    MsTrinity333 wrote:As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

• Your own words <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    MsTrinity333 wrote:As I said. I used to be a Portrait Photographer; I know how to read people. No fantasy required.

Where's the L.O.V.E.?

As I said in response to a post of someone who said they were objective and didn't need to "fantasize" their relationship:
    I used to be a Portrait Photographer; Fact. I know how to read people. No fantasy required. Lisa has proved her love in her O interview.
    The burden of proof isn't mine; people are making some good points & allegations yet I've seen no LEGAL evidence that the documents we are talking about are fake. I've talked to and posted information given to me from someone in the field. She says they are valid. When more comes out addressing the spelling inconsistencies & whether they are a factor...........I"ll post it.
    Some can't forgive... That's a fact. Did I name anyone personally?

Judgmental response? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

My points are valid.

Where's the L.O.V.E.?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    MsTrinity333, one question, a document is legal where all the names of the involved persons be bad written or they have all " mistakes of spelling ". <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MsTrinity333, one question, a document is legal where all the names of the involved persons be bad written or they have all " mistakes of spelling ". <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

That's what I'm looking into; I'm waiting to hear from my legal Spanish friend who works in the field...
    Is it spelling errors from the difference in languages lost in translation? Is it legal birth names vs show business names?...such as a legal change in Michael's middle name? Stars & entertainers do this all the time. This would be why MJ's passport says Joe instead of Joseph. But Does it have any impact on the legality of certain documents? Maybe; maybe not. This is what I'm asking her. She's having a hard time with the second document because it's small & the bottom of the picture is cropped off. I haven't been able to locate a better picture, but if you look to the right margin it looks like there's a second page. This may be where all the missing information is. Being the private people they were it's possible this will never be released because of it's sensitive nature. Not because there's anything to hide, but because It's none of our business what all the legal details of their contract are. Both have said it was a real marriage. So until these documents are proven fakes I have no reason to question them.
    According to the Spanish law, your name legally is the name of your passport and there is no place for a mistake.

If an official document is displaying wrongly your legal name and differs from your passport name there can be consequences.

I have a hard time to believe that an authority would spell wrongly a name wich is supossed to be taken from ones ID.
    Also in Venezuelan law documents the names should have no errors, all documents passport, identity card, driver's license, military registration must be true and exact copy of the birth certificate.
    A while back I had problems with driver's license in the office where the processed exchanged a letter of my name, put an "s" instead of "z".
    Maybe the artist change their names but not legal artistic purposes.
  • Are you a lawyer? Have you talked to one dealing in these matters?
    This could vary country by country. MJ & LMP were not a citizens of that country... So does that have a baring? Is there an international standard? These are questions I'm asking my legal friend. This issue of Joe vs Joseph has been debated on other threads in this forum. Here's what I've found so far:

What is defined as one's legal name? 09/19/07 - Category: - Name Change - State:Alabama #8876
    Full Question:

What is defined as one's legal name? This is in regards to the Federal I.D. Act of 2005, renewing driver's license. The individual has been called by her middle name since birth while most legal documents are signed using her middle name, maiden family name and husband's family name. I was told by social security office that only the first name on a birth certificate is considered the legal name and the middle name is considered a "nickname"! If so, why have a middle name on birth certificate?

Answer; A legal name varies by state. Generally, the federal government recognizes the name change orders of each state. However, for purposes of the Real I.D. Act, the federal government has yet to issue a definition for legal name. It will likely do so, due to the variance among states for legal name requirements. For example, in California, a legal name may be acquired by usage, so that if a person uses their middle name since birth, that could be considered a legal name under California law.
    And this from another law firm regarding "legal names"

Do not want to bother changing my name. Can I just use different versions of my name or initials?

Yes. Generally, it is sufficient to describe a person by any known or acceptable abbreviation of her name, and that includes initials. All states consider a person’s name to be her first and last name, allowing the substitution of either the correct initials or full middle name.

Can I start signing documents with my nickname?

Yes, as long as your nickname is commonly derived from your first name. For example, if your first name is William, it is acceptable to sign Bill on your documents. Your nickname must clearly identify you or the court will require additional proof that you are the person represented by the nickname in the event of any misunderstanding as to identity. To avoid any such misunderstandings, it is better to sign any important legal documents with your full name.

Up until now I have always used my middle name. Can I just stop using it?

Yes. The law favors first names-middle names are not considered important. Additionally, if a middle name is omitted from your signature, it is of no consequence your signature is still valid.

<!-- m -->http://www.smartlegalforms.com/guide.asp?level=2&id=445<!-- m -->

His FBI files use BOTH references Michael-Joseph and Michael-Joe. They are referring to the same person and were used interchangeably. So it seems you can sign contracts with a nick name in the middle as long as the first and last name are the same as your given name.
    MsTrinity333 do not alter, not, I am not an lawyer
    and if you read any post there are opinions of people of diverse countries.
    Trying to put itself in clearly for that there are so many inconsistencies in all the documents that they have to see with Michael.
  • I think it's important to keep in mind that Michael's name is not the only name in question on the documents. Just about everyone invovled on the documents have their names misspelled. That is what makes me question the authenticity of them. Everytime I've had to fill out a document, I have always been asked to verify the information as being correct. If there is an error, it is fixed right away before submission. If accuracy is important for my documents, little ol' me, then I would imagine accuracy to be of utmost importance for celebrities, when so much money and public scrutiny is involved. But this has been pointed out many times... Mo's post a few pages back shows what I am talking about.

Also, even if the marriage wasn't legal doesn't mean they weren't in love and didn't live like they were married. Heck, some people live together their whole lives and never get married. Only the two of them know the truth about their relationship. Who knows, maybe there were certain motives at first having to do with Elvis and the hoax, and maybe they ended up falling in love despite the original intentions. Things like that happen all the time. And that could be why LMP always seems to fickle when it comes to Michael. She probably has mixed feelings.

Let's try to discuss this a bit more objectively and not take things so personal. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Did anyone stop to think that maybe Michael copy wrote his name under Joe and Joseph? You can do that.
    Even if the only true name is the name that is written on a birth certificate, official documents often contain misspellings in the name, even death certificates. Death certificates often contain the name the person was known for or how they used to call themselves. an alternate name or name spelling does NOT make a certificate/ document less valid.

Whether his name was Joe or Joseph therefore is irrelevant. For example; If the name on his birth certificate spells "Michael Joseph Jackson", than that is his legal name. However he may have abbreviated it later in life as "Joe" and used it on legal documents. A name can be different on a death certificate or other legal documents from that on a birth certificate... He may have used the name "Joe" whenever he pleased on other legal documents such as his driver license, that is not uncommon. Joe is short for Joseph. Mike is short for Michael. How the errors happen? Some people may abbreviate their birth name because they don't like the full name. Or that is how their parents and family would call them. The law favors first names-middle names are not considered important. His FBI files use BOTH references Michael-Joseph and Michael-Joe. They are referring to the same person and were used interchangeably. So it seems you can sign contracts with a nick name in the middle as long as the first and last name are the same as your given name.

But I'm still interested in what my legal friend says about the whole thing inc. the other misspellings. I'll post it when I do.
  • According to the Spanish law, your name legally is the name of your passport and there is no place for a mistake.

If an official document is displaying wrongly your legal name and differs from your passport name there can be consequences.

I have a hard time to believe that an authority would spell wrongly a name wich is supossed to be taken from ones ID.
    Also in Venezuelan law documents the names should have no errors, all documents passport, identity card, driver's license, military registration must be true and exact copy of the birth certificate.
    A while back I had problems with driver's license in the office where the processed exchanged a letter of my name, put an "s" instead of "z".
    Maybe the artist change their names but not legal artistic purposes.

Here in The Netherlands it's the same, and it even goes as far as criminal cases being terminated due to a wrongly spelled name of the defendant on the indictment, a so called procedural error. The name on official papers HAS to match the legal name. If not, the documents are not valid and actions taken upon wrongly spelled documents are dismisses.
    The name on official papers HAS to match the legal name. If not, the documents are not valid and actions taken upon wrongly spelled documents are dismisses.[/b]

Yep!
  • But we are dealing with two US citizens & a marriage in the Dominican Republic; not European or South American citizens, so that may not apply. There's a reason people go there for quick divorces etc. This is what we need to weed out. This is what I'm asking my legal friend who does this.

The law favors first names-middle names are not considered important. His FBI files use BOTH references Michael-Joseph and Michael-Joe. They are referring to the same person and were used interchangeably. So it seems you can sign contracts with a nick name in the middle as long as the first and last name are the same as your given name. An alternate name or name spelling does NOT make a certificate/ document less valid.

Consider three 3 Possibilities:
    1: He was born as Michael JOE Jackson <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEUhTJ_1 ... re=related<!-- m -->
    2: He was born as Michael JOSEPH Jackson, and changed his name into Michael JOE Jackson.
    3: Or Michael copy wrote his name under Joe and Joseph & possibly has more than one passport.

This could be for many reasons like separating the performer from the man.
    When talking about SONY he said they didn't think this performer would out THINK them...
    Michael is what Liz called shrewd. a : marked by clever discerning awareness and hardheaded acumen <shrewd common sense>
    b : given to wily and artful ways or dealing <a shrewd operator> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

For every album Michael put out he could easily write a hundred songs; so there's much more out there we've never heard. With a career going back to the Jackson 5, and creative genius as extensive as that I know I would do everything possible to protect my assets <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Esp with people like Tommy Mottola & the snake Sneddon running around. Look what happened to Prince. I'd Copyright every variation of my name I ever used or published under. Diversify, diversify, diversify.

Some other info.
    <!-- m -->http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9347/michaeljoe.jpg<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6888 ... agjpg1.jpg<!-- m -->
    You are talking about MJ having legally 2 passports? Makes no sense.
  • I really have doubts that this was a real marriage and how much LMP could have known about what was actually going on in Michael's life. I think that there are other reasons for this marriage and some things we need to consider.

As has already been shown:
    The names on the Marriage Certificate are ALL spelled incorrectly.
    The signatures of both Michael and LMP differ from their "usual" signatures.
    This was a quickly done marriage and an actual romance was not really reported by the press. I find this hard to believe when Michael was under such intense scrutiny at the time.

Some other things:

The website for the painting entitled "the Lovers" by Brett Livingstone-Strong says that the artist introduced the couple in 1992.

"In November 1992, they meet at Brett Livingstone's house"
    Brett, the great connector, considered introducing Lisa to Michael. “She had the talent as well as the beauty and the name, so I thought Wow! The sky is the limit. What an image! I had known Michael for six years or more, and I thought maybe I could introduce Lisa to Michael Jackson. I thought, Hey, the person to get is Michael Jackson, because he’s an artist, instead of dealing with businessmen who would just categorize her and work her way up.” Michael had a new record label, Brett knew, and was looking for exciting, undiscovered talent. Who better than Lisa Marie Presley? “I didn’t discuss this with anyone,” said Brett. “I just thought about it and went about my business and thought that sometime in the future Lisa would like to have a conversation with Michael. Lisa wanted to emerge a full-blown star, and Michael Jackson, Brett believed, could help her.

Several months after the idea occurred to him, Brett telephoned Lisa, who was taking courses at the Scientology center in Clearwater, Florida. He said, “Lisa, if you’re really serious about your career, why don’t I put you in touch with Michael Jackson?….I think you should meet him and play your music and sing for him, and I think he could really encourage and inspire you on a direction you could take.” Brett told her that Michael had his own company, Nation Records, sponsored by Sony, and that he could “really launch her big time.” Lisa was intrigued.

Brett’s next step was to telephone Michael Jackson. “I said, ‘Michael, what would you say if I found talent for you that had the potential to be number one in the world in the recording industry—beautiful girl, great voice and also a reputation that would be a public relations dream come true?’ and he said, ‘Who are you talking about?’ So I said, ‘Lisa Presley.’ And he said, ‘What? She can’t sing!’ and I said, ‘She can.’ And then I asked, ‘Have you ever met Lisa?’ and he said no.” The conversation, recalled Brett, was brief, followed by lots of other conversations about it. Michael was “amazed at first, and then said, ‘Well get her to send me a tape.’ ”

At the time, neither Michael nor Lisa recalled their fleeting meeting introduction backstage, at the Sahara Tahoe when Lisa was six and Michael was sixteen. Lisa’s close childhood friend Myrna Smith, who was with Jerry and Joe Esposito when they took Lisa to that long-ago concert, confirmed this. “Lisa didn’t even remember meeting Michael as a child,” Myrna said. “She asked me, ‘Did I ever meet Michael Jackson?’ and I said, ‘Don’t you remember? We took you to see the Jacksons.’ ”
    http://www.thepassionportrait.com/history.html

In an interview with Ebony magazine interview in October 1994 this is what Michael said about their relationship and these things don't seem to be the truth:

Three years ago when I started the 'Dangerous' album, Michael said their relationship reached a new plateau. "We sort of went out together. Then we would talk on the phone...I noticed that we had come closer. We went to Las Vegas for 'The Jackson Family Honors' (1993). We later travelled to Atlanta for (former President) Jimmy Carter (March & may 1993)to visit children, but no one knew she was there with me. The brilliant thing about us is that we were often together but did not let anyone know about it. We got to see each other that way over the years. We were really quiet and comfortable with each other. That's pretty much how the dating started happening." It was during this period that Michael said that their relationship changed from being good friends to lovers.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=MR6mCNA-ju4C&pg=PA118&lpg=PA118&dq=1993%3B+Michael+Jackson+and+Lisa+marie+Presley+dating%3F&source=bl&ots=Hei-HY73PH&sig=mjWcrnEM9suoEsxviflY-lgVg68&hl=en&ei=TF7ITPGGBIGosQPr0LiiDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CDoQ6AEwCTgU#v=onepage&q=1993%3B%20Michael%20Jackson%20and%20Lisa%20marie%20Presley%20dating%3F&f=false

Dangerous
    Dangerous is the eighth studio album by Michael Jackson, released on November 22, 1991. According to the sleeve notes on the later remastered edition of the album, recording sessions began in Los Angeles, California at Ocean Way/Record One Studio 2 on June 25, 1990. The sessions ended at Larrabee North and Ocean Way Studio on October 29, 1991, being the most extensive recording project of Jackson's career at the time (over 16 months compared to the usual 6 spent for his previous three studio albums).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_%28album%29

Danny Keough
    On October 3, 1988, Presley then twenty years old married her musician boyfriend Danny Keough. During their six-year relationship, they had two children together.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Marie_Presley#Personal_life

Danny Keough is an American Scientologist musician and actor. Keough best known for being the former husband of Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa Marie.

Lisa Marie Presley and Danny Keough met at the Scientology Celebrity Center. They dated publicly for 3 years before getting engaged, and had a Scientologist wedding at the Church of Scientology. The couple had a 3 month honeymoon on a private yacht (Owned by the Church of Scientology), accompanied by members of the Scientological press and various Scientologist celebrities.

After returning from their 3 month honeymoon , the couple had two children- Danielle and Benjamin Keough. The children were delivered in "silent birth"- a process in which the mother is discouraged from speaking or screaming, and the rest of the people present are expected to remain quiet.

In 1994, the couple split up. They remained friends, but Keough did press for sole custody when Presley married Michael Jackson. Keough remained the bass player for Presley's band, and the two remain close friends.
    http://www.kosmix.com/topic/danny_keough

So that means that it was started before November 1991 and Michael is saying that they were involved with each other at that time but Lisa was married to Danny Keough at that time and in fact her 2nd child Benjamin was born on October 21, 1992 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Marie_Presley). Their would have been no intimate relationship between Michael at LMP at that time and other reports such as the Brett Livingstone-Strong one are saying that they did not even become introduced until some time in 1992. This is also implying that Michael and LMP were having an affair for several years prior to actually getting married and that becoming public. I highly doubt that Keough would have remained in LMP's band and friendly if she had been cheating on him for years with Michael.

If Michael and LMP were having a longtime affair then what about this?

Question: Was Michael before he was with Lisa-Marie still a virgin?
    Answer:In 2005 a collection of phone recordings of Michael speaking to a woman named Glenda surfaced. Glenda was the mother of a kid that Michael used to hang out with. Glenda's husband was recording the calls because obviously, he wasnt an honest person. In those tapes, Michael states that he had never had sex, and had never really been in love, the tapes were recorded in the middle of 1992. He started dating Lisa Marie in 1993. In fact, at one point, Glenda says to Michael "Your turning 34, you've never had sex" and Michael agrees, and goes on to say that he wont do it till he's married, and that he's never really been in love before. So unless he changed his mind between Mid 1992 and when he started dating Lisa in 1993, then he was probably a virgin when he started dating Lisa.
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jackson-Michael-489/hey-michael-lisa-marie.htm

So again, we have the Glenda tapes in which Michael states he has never been in love nor had sex, yet in the Ebony magazine he is suggesting that he has been in a secret long term, intimate relationship with LMP since sometime in 1991. From the Glenda tapes, we also know that Michael was affected by his father's promiscuity, as well as his brothers in the early days of the J5 and how negatively Joe's and Jermaine's extramarital affairs affected him. I find it extremely hard to believe that Michael would then turn around and become intimately involved with a married woman, which is what LMP was, between the years of 1991 - 1994.

Is there anything else that may support that the relationship between Michael and LMP is not as it has been presented?

During the 20 month marriage between Michael and LMP they maintained separate residences. Michael lived at Neverland and LMP lived in her own home 90 miles away in the Hidden Hills community.

We know this from at least Two different sources: Travis Payne and People Magazine.

Travis Payne
    Travis Payne (born July 5, 1971) is an American choreographer, director, and producer. He is best known for working with Michael Jackson...He has been honored with the MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography four times for his work with En Vogue, Salt-N-Pepa as well as Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson on the music video /short-film on “Scream” which is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most expensive music video ever made.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Payne

Scream
    "Scream"/"Childhood" is the lead single from Michael Jackson's ninth studio album, HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I where "Scream" is track one and "Childhood" is track ten on the second disc of the album HIStory Continues. The A-side, "Scream", is a duet with his younger sister and R&B-pop singer, Janet Jackson, while the corresponding B-side, "Childhood", a solo piece. The single was released on May 31, 1995. The 4:46 minute music video for "Scream" was choreographed by Travis Payne, LaVelle Smith Jnr, Tina Landon on July 28, 1994.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream/Childhood

In an a video interview with Raffles Van Exel, Travis Payne talks about rehearsing for the video 'Scream' @ about 0:25 of the video he says "Or even during 'Scream' we worked at Lisa Marie Presley's house."

[youtube:s4bgnnpd]

Is there another reason why LMP may have filed for "divorce" on January 18, 1996 (http://www.cnn.com/US/9601/jacko_presley/)?

In People magazine:

After 20 Months of Marriage, Lisa Marie Does the Thinkable and Calls the Whole Thing Off (please note the articles title doesn't say the "Unthinkable" but instead the "Thinkable". That is extremely odd phrasing...)
    February 05, 1996
    "When they took to the airwaves with Diane Sawyer to declare their mutual attraction before 60 million PrimeTime Live viewers last June, they were often living in separate residences. Instead of setting up housekeeping with Jackson at his 27,000-acre Santa Ynez (Calif.) Valley Neverland ranch, Presley settled into a rustic $2.6 million home 90 miles away in Hidden Hills, a community completely enclosed in gates and patrolled by armed guards."

"They spent a lot of time away from each other, and both realized it wasn't working out," says a source close to him. Jackson had hoped to make a joint statement announcing the split in the near future, says the source, and is only upset "about Lisa Marie's jumping the gun."

Many observers, of course, are still dumbfounded it ever began in the first place. It was Presley who first offered her friendship to Jackson—at the height of the child-molestation scandal in 1993. While the world was heaping scorn on the star, Presley came on strong. Though she had met Jackson only briefly as a child, at a Jackson 5 concert in Las Vegas, she began showering him with notes, balloons and gifts. "Lisa Marie wanted to help Michael with his life," says the Presley source. "She fell in love with him."

Jackson was reportedly slow to respond. But as pressure mounted—culminating in the cancellation of his world tour in November 1993 and his subsequent admission to drug rehab—he came to welcome Presley's support.

In January 1994, Jackson settled the child-molestation civil suit, and the following month he and Presley began publicly dating. In April, Presley announced plans to divorce her husband of six years (they had been separated for several months), and on May 6 she and Keough flew to the Dominican Republic to finalize the split. On May 26, Presley returned to the island—to wed Jackson.

They differed sharply on other things too, such as Jackson's passion for playing with children. While he happily spent hours pushing her kids and his nephews on swings, and Rollerblading with them across Neverland's grounds, Presley, when she was around at all, often chose to sit it out. By the time Jackson fell ill in December, Presley felt enough was enough.

For the moment, Presley's spirits, friends say, are good. "She's disappointed," says the close source, "but she's not crying in her soup." Instead, she is "focusing on being a good mother," says Paul Bloch—which may, according to Liz Smith, mean reuniting with her children's father. But Presley's camp denies she still has a romantic interest in Keough. "He played no part in the breakup," says the source. Still, the two have remained close—vacationing together, as friends, sources say, at Hawaii's Mauna Lani hotel last June.
    http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20102706,00.html

The answer is yes. LMP was inheriting the Elvis estate at age 30 and there doesn't seem to have been a prenuptial agreement between herself and Michael. To protect herself from having the marriage actually revealed as a hoax and prevent Michael from making any claims against the Elvis estate, a divorce would have to be finalized before LMP's 30th birthday. LMP turned 30 on Feb 1 1998 and depending on what Michael chose to do, the divorce could have been a lengthy one.

With so many contradicting stories, including statements by Michael and others close to both of them, It seems that this whole "love story" has been fabricated. This is my opinion based on the above but I don't know for a fact that this is the case, it just seems very plausable.

And finally, it is highly unusual that this marriage certificate has surfaced anyway. This is the personal property of Michael and LMP and it surfaced at an auction. Who was auctioning this item?

Original Michael Jackson-Lisa Marie Presley 1994 marriage certificate to be sold Jan. 22-24
    Nov 09, 2009
    The original marriage certificate issued to Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley on May 26, 1994 in the Dominican Republic will be sold Jan. 22-24, 2010, by Philip Weiss Auctions. The certificate was signed by both Jackson and Presley.
    http://www.prlog.org/10406975-original-michael-jacksonlisa-marie-presley-1994-marriage-certificate-to-be-sold-jan-2224.html

In my opinion, the marriage certificate has been publicly released so that we would question the validity of Michael's and LMP's marriage to begin with. Perhaps we are supposed to see that there is something else going on between Michael and LMP and it isn't actually a "marriage", as in man and wife but a "marriage" for another purpose.
  • Wow...... all this back and forth on legality, paperwork, etc......
    -- DO ANY OF YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS THE LEAST BIT IMPORTANT. .....
    -- THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER IS UNDENIABLE... DO ANY OF YOU THINK THAT MJ OR LMP WOULD REQUIRE OR NEED SOME PIECE OF PAPER TO SOLIDIFY THEIR LOVE...... OF COURSE NOT .......
    --
    THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS FACT .... of course there are those that would fantasize that all of this was NOT REAL and that for all of these years not only LMP & MJ went along with this "lie" but that all those that REALLY KNEW & SPENT TIME WITH THEM, friends, family, peers, photographers, business partners, etc would also maintain this "lie"..... GIVE ME A BREAK ...... what would be the point....
    -- THE TRUTH CAN HIT SOMEONE IN THE FACE AND YET THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD OF THEIR OWN ---- not much can be done about that ....
    --
    we each have a right to express our opinion, I respect what each of you feel, think or believe, but at some point COMMON SENSE has to set in....
    --
    there are simply too many REAL people that were in their midst and in the KNOW that could come forward to refute, if what many have written about and what LMP and MJ have confirmed themselves about THE TRUTH OF THEIR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP..... these people saw it first hand, no one here can say that. Just food for thought.
    -- THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER IS UNDENIABLE... DO ANY OF YOU THINK THAT MJ OR LMP WOULD REQUIRE OR NEED SOME PIECE OF PAPER TO SOLIDIFY THEIR LOVE...... OF COURSE NOT .......
    --
    THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS FACT .... of course there are those that would fantasize that all of this was NOT REAL and that for all of these years not only LMP & MJ went along with this "lie" but that all those that REALLY KNEW & SPENT TIME WITH THEM, friends, family, peers, photographers, business partners, etc would also maintain this "lie"..... GIVE ME A BREAK ...... what would be the point....
    -- THE TRUTH CAN HIT SOMEONE IN THE FACE AND YET THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD OF THEIR OWN ---- not much can be done about that ....
    --
    we each have a right to express our opinion, I respect what each of you feel, think or believe, but at some point COMMON SENSE has to set in....
    --
    there are simply too many REAL people that were in their midst and in the KNOW that could come forward to refute, if what many have written about and what LMP and MJ have confirmed themselves about THE TRUTH OF THEIR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP..... these people saw it first hand, no one here can say that. Just food for thought.

I agree with you. Liz, Donald Trump, Rabi S, JRT, Karen F, the Jackson family just to name a few others. I believe their relationship was very real; regardless of who introduced them or what time the general public officially found out. The rest is tabloid BS. Seeing Lisa clear the past and admit she really wasn't indifferent on O was a confirmation for me of what I've always known or felt. So were the sunflowers. But some people seem to be stuck on the "legality" of the marriage & authenticity of the sworn statement; namely Michael Joe Jackson vs. the Michael Joseph Jackson signature. But I have yet to see any legal proof these documents are fake.

As MJ said, 'How can you make light of my marriage? I love Lisa. Why won't people believe that? Why won't people let me be happy?...
    She's my wife, I love her.'

Why indeed.
    L.O.V.E. Eternally
    --
    --
    --

I agree with you. Liz, Donald Trump, Rabi S, JRT, Karen F, the Jackson family just to name a few others. I believe their relationship was very real; regardless of who introduced them or what time the general public officially found out. The rest is tabloid BS. Seeing Lisa clear the past and admit she really wasn't indifferent on O was a confirmation for me of what I've always known or felt. So were the sunflowers. But some people seem to be stuck on the "legality" of the marriage & authenticity of the sworn statement; namely Michael Joe Jackson vs. the Michael Joseph Jackson signature. But I have yet to see any legal proof these documents are fake.

As MJ said, 'How can you make light of my marriage? I love Lisa. Why won't people believe that? Why won't people let me be happy?...
    She's my wife, I love her.'

Why indeed.
    L.O.V.E. Eternally

This website is called Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators. It's an investigation website, one in which people are invited to forensically examine the obviously strange and discordant events of June 25th and beyond. No stone is left unturned, also not in the MJ/LMP marriage subject.

When I bump into a document which is supposed a legal document which, if legit, has far-reaching effects, but contains multiple incorrect spelled names then I see every reason to investigate it.

No one ever said that if this document turns out to be fake it means that Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley didn't love each other. Those are two completely different things. I don't know if they loved each other and it's non of my business, I just want to know if this document is legit.

I find it amazing that this document is all over the internet and was allegedly auctioned, while the marriage certificate of Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe to this very day still has not emerged.
    True. I looked in google to find the document of Debbie and Michael to compare to this one and nothing came up. I thought that it could be because he married both of them at different places, so the "latin" one would be more expose for different reasons (inefficiency among them).

Thi makes me think that the certificate goin for auction could be fake and the original one is somewhere else.