The Michael Jackson/Lisa Marie Presley marriage certificate

Comments

• Wow...... all this back and forth on legality, paperwork, etc......
    -- DO ANY OF YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS THE LEAST BIT IMPORTANT. .....
    -- THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER IS UNDENIABLE... DO ANY OF YOU THINK THAT MJ OR LMP WOULD REQUIRE OR NEED SOME PIECE OF PAPER TO SOLIDIFY THEIR LOVE...... OF COURSE NOT .......
    --
    THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS FACT .... of course there are those that would fantasize that all of this was NOT REAL and that for all of these years not only LMP & MJ went along with this "lie" but that all those that REALLY KNEW & SPENT TIME WITH THEM, friends, family, peers, photographers, business partners, etc would also maintain this "lie"..... GIVE ME A BREAK ...... what would be the point....
    -- THE TRUTH CAN HIT SOMEONE IN THE FACE AND YET THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD OF THEIR OWN ---- not much can be done about that ....
    --
    we each have a right to express our opinion, I respect what each of you feel, think or believe, but at some point COMMON SENSE has to set in....
    --
    there are simply too many REAL people that were in their midst and in the KNOW that could come forward to refute, if what many have written about and what LMP and MJ have confirmed themselves about THE TRUTH OF THEIR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP..... these people saw it first hand, no one here can say that. Just food for thought.

I agree with you. Liz, Donald Trump, Rabi S, JRT, Karen F, the Jackson family just to name a few others. I believe their relationship was very real; regardless of who introduced them or what time the general public officially found out. The rest is tabloid BS. Seeing Lisa clear the past and admit she really wasn't indifferent on O was a confirmation for me of what I've always known or felt. So were the sunflowers. But some people seem to be stuck on the "legality" of the marriage & authenticity of the sworn statement; namely Michael Joe Jackson vs. the Michael Joseph Jackson signature. But I have yet to see any legal proof these documents are fake.

As MJ said, 'How can you make light of my marriage? I love Lisa. Why won't people believe that? Why won't people let me be happy?...
    She's my wife, I love her.'

Why indeed.
    L.O.V.E. Eternally

This website is called Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators. It's an investigation website, one in which people are invited to forensically examine the obviously strange and discordant events of June 25th and beyond. No stone is left unturned, also not in the MJ/LMP marriage subject.

When I bump into a document which is supposed a legal document which, if legit, has far-reaching effects, but contains multiple incorrect spelled names then I see every reason to investigate it.

No one ever said that if this document turns out to be fake it means that Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley didn't love each other. Those are two completely different things. I don't know if they loved each other and it's non of my business, I just want to know if this document is legit.

I find it amazing that this document is all over the internet and was allegedly auctioned, while the marriage certificate of Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe to this very day still has not emerged.

I understand the purpose of this forum. I was agreeing with mjlmpicons about the previous post; that the relationship between MJ & LMP both emotionally & legally is not fake.

All I'm saying is Innocent until proven guilty; legal until proven otherwise. Spelling "errors" may not mean anything as the people who's names were misspelled by the office typing up the document never signed anywhere. It's just info. filling in the blanks.

We've established:
    The Marriage Certificate includes the complete names of the spouses, the evidence of their written consent. A declaration they have been united in matrimony and the date of the celebration and the signatures of the Officer, the spouses and the witnesses. After the celebration the marriage is registered in the appropriate civil registries.
    <!-- m -->http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/marriage_dr-e.html<!-- m -->

AFTER A CIVIL MARRIAGE CEREMONY:
    Parties will be given a document that proves the wedding took place. You then need to request a marriage certificate from the local Justice of the Peace. The document issued by the Justice of the Peace is a valid marriage certificate.
    A sworn statement is a document that attorneys acquire for verification of the authenticity and legality of a certificate

SWORN STATEMENT:
    Is a statement that is given under oath or under penalty of perjury. It can be oral or written. It is similar to an affidavit and the only difference is that it is not witnessed and sealed by a notary public. Usually the person making the statement signs a separate endorsement present at the end of the document stating that the declaration is made under penalty of perjury.

For an official party to put the seal and sign on behalf of the state is definitely serious deal. It is just something to verify that a legal action such as a marriage was actual; Proven with a seal and a witness or witnesses. Which of course, was Lisa's former brother-in law.

But I did come across some interesting info on the web:

Any person may change his name as long as the change is not for a fraudulent purpose. Reasons for a name change are varied and personal. The person may dislike his given name, want to disassociate himself from a former lifestyle, or may need to change it for security and protection purposes. If your state allows name change by common usage, you may simply begin using your new name. The following reasons are likely to be considered good reasons by the court: to shorten your name, to distance yourself from your family or to use your stage name...

Can I obtain a birth certificate with my new name?
    Yes. However, the laws in your state may only permit issuance of an amended birth certificate rather than a new original birth certificate.

Is it possible to have a new passport issued reflecting my name change?
    Yes.
    You must apply for an amended passport by completing a Passport Amendment/Validation Application (Form DS-19). Additionally, you will have to provide a certified copy of the court order and your old passport.

I do not want to bother changing my name. Can I just use different versions of my name or initials?
    Yes.
    Generally, it is sufficient to describe a person by any known or acceptable abbreviation of her name, and that includes initials. All states consider a person’s name to be her first and last name, allowing the substitution of either the correct initials or full middle name.

Can I start signing documents with my nickname?
    Yes,
    as long as your nickname is commonly derived from your first name. For example, if your first name is William, it is acceptable to sign Bill on your documents. Your nickname must clearly identify you or the court will require additional proof that you are the person represented by the nickname in the event of any misunderstanding as to identity. To avoid any such misunderstandings, it is better to sign any important legal documents with your full name.

The law favors first & last names
    -middle names are not considered important. Additionally, if a middle name is omitted from your signature, it is of no consequence your signature is still valid. Middle names are considered a "nickname.

Your signature does not have to match what's on your birth certificate. you can adopt anything as your legal signature--it doesn't even have to include your name (you know, the whole just marking an X to indicate a signature). A legal signature is basically a mark made by you which signifies your intent to agree with whatever the item is that you are signing. Your legal signature is whatever you normally sign. It doesn't have to match your name. Most people sign things with the short version, and save the long version for taxes and so forth.

In general, your signature does not have to be your full name for legal purposes (contracts, etc.) General contract law - which for signatures is called "The Statute of Frauds"(yes honestly) - stipulates that a "signature" merely means any authentication which identifies the party to be charged. Even a letterhead or an "X" or nowadays am electronic signature (in some cases) will do, provided it is placed on the writing with the intent to authenticate it and it is the mark you usually sign - without an attempt to defraud. Some Federal guidelines want your signature to contain your "full legal name", but these are more regulations, really, than laws.
    <!-- m -->http://ask.metafilter.com/4907/Does-my- ... legal-name<!-- m -->

Your signature will... or has... changed many times over the course of your lifetime... depending on your age, marital status, or social standing. It can even change, based on whether your career is rising or is in decline. When a middle initial or middle name is included in the signature, a sense of personal pride is exhibited. It's a very formal and official way of presenting yourself.
    <!-- m -->http://www.handwritinglady.com/articles/signature.htm<!-- m -->

What does your signature say about you? This is cool.
    <!-- m -->http://hubpages.com/hub/what-does-your- ... -about-you<!-- m -->

Sorry this is so long... I hope it may explain some things. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Legal options for marriage in Dominican Republic
    The following information is only as guidance to American citizens who are considering marriage Dominican Republic. The staff of the diplomatic mission or the consular officers have legal authority to weddings. Marriages may not be concluded in the United States Embassy, nor in the Consulate of the United States in Dominican Republic.
    General requirements for marriage
    Marriage in the Dominican Republic, the spouses must have fulfilled a statutory minimum age (16 for men, 15 for women), be legally unmarried, and must grant your consent for the Union. The non fulfilment of one of these requirements can bring as a consequence invalidation of marriage from the Dominican authorities.
    In addition, foreigners wishing to marry in the Dominican Republic must submit the following documents:
    Original passport and copy of page of the Passport; biographical information
    Copies of the last entry stamps
    Dominican residency test (if you are not a resident of the Dominican Republic must pay an additional fee and must present your tourist card)
    Statement sworn before a notary public, claiming his bachelorship and eligibility to marry; the affidavit then you need to be legalized in the offices of the Attorney of the Republic. If the affidavit made before a notary in the United States. U.s., this then you need to be legalized in the nearest Consulate Dominican in the United States. UU. (In the past, the Embassy of the United States.) UU. Let us citizens do this affidavit of eligibility to marry (letter bachelorship) before a consular official. The Embassy has discontinued this practice for some years now, since local civil official interpreted this document as a certificate that the Embassy had verified the content of this Declaration of eligibility, where the consular officer was only acting as a witness that the individual in question had made such a declaration. American citizens who need to fill this requirement must be submitted before a notary public's Dominican - as described above.
    Copy of your certificate of birth and legal translation of the certificate;
    If it is divorced, copy of the certificate of divorce and legal translation of the certificate;
    2 witnesses (not relatives).

Not to marry before of the dissolution of a previous marriage. Divorced women not collapse new only up to ten (10) months after that divorce has come to be final, unless her new husband is it who is has divorced.
    The civil status officer at the time of the celebration of marriage, may exempt the spouses of any of these requirements for relevant reasons. Such waiver must be in writing explaining the causes and should be reflected in the certificate and marriage certificate

Given the last paragraph and considering that LMP divorced in 1994 and then marries the 26/05/1994, I could have sought a less complicated place to get married.

<!-- m -->http://spanish.santodomingo.usembassy.g ... _dr-s.html<!-- m -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Touché <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Touché <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

1. The parties must express their free will to marry;
    2. Men between 16 and 18 years old, or women between 15 and 18 years old may get married without the consent of their parents. Any required consent must be in writing and notarized, unless the person required to give this consent does so while attending the wedding ceremony; and
    3. A man younger than 16 and a woman younger than 15 may not get married, even with their parents’ consent, although a judge may grant an exception for significant reasons.
    4. No person may be married before a prior marriage is dissolved. A divorced woman cannot get married until 10 months after her divorce has become final, unless her intended husband is the same person she has divorced.

The government official performing the civil ceremony has the authority, at the time of the ceremony, to waive any of the above requirements.Such a waiver must be made in writing and outline the basis of the waiver.

Touche' yourself... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Touché <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

2. Men between 16 and 18 years old, or women between 15 and 18 years old may get married without the consent of their parents. Any required consent must be in writing and notarized, unless the person required to give this consent does so while attending the wedding ceremony; and
    3. A man younger than 16 and a woman younger than 15 may not get married, even with their parents’ consent, although a judge may grant an exception for significant reasons.
    4. No person may be married before a prior marriage is dissolved. A divorced woman cannot get married until 10 months after her divorce has become final, unless her intended husband is the same person she has divorced.

The government official performing the civil ceremony has the authority, at the time of the ceremony, to waive any of the above requirements.Such a waiver must be made in writing and outline the basis of the waiver.

But the marriage will NOT be LEGAL, even if any of the above requirements are waived <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Double touché for you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Touché <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

But the marriage will NOT be LEGAL, even if any of the above requirements are waived <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Double touché for you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

PROVE IT.
  • Again..... DO ANY OF YOU REALLY THINK IT MATTERS, OR THAT PROVING THAT THIS MARRIAGE WAS LEGAL OR NOT will change the FACTS..... come on... Even if each of you hold tight to your belief that it was or was not legal, what does that prove ????? NOTHING !!!!!
    -- THEIR LOVE WILL LIVE FOREVER .... proving this document was or not legal CHANGES NOTHING...
    -- THEIR RELATIONSHIP & LOVE FOR EACH OTHER WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME as it has all these years.
    -- I say this with love in my heart for each of you, part of investigating is looking at ALL the facts, don't get lost going down a road that leads nowhere. There are some very good investigators here, please use your intellect and gift to get to the bottom of what really matters.
    ASK YOURSELVES, WHY ARE WE HERE
    FOCUS
    IT IS ABOUT MJ & THAT day in June, right?????????
    --- till next time ....
    Have a safe and Happy Halloween ... .. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • Again..... DO ANY OF YOU REALLY THINK IT MATTERS, OR THAT PROVING THAT THIS MARRIAGE WAS LEGAL OR NOT will change the FACTS..... come on... Even if each of you hold tight to your belief that it was or was not legal, what does that prove ????? NOTHING !!!!!
    -- THEIR LOVE WILL LIVE FOREVER .... proving this document was or not legal CHANGES NOTHING...
    -- THEIR RELATIONSHIP & LOVE FOR EACH OTHER WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME as it has all these years.
    -- I say this with love in my heart for each of you, part of investigating is looking at ALL the facts, don't get lost going down a road that leads nowhere. There are some very good investigators here, please use your intellect and gift to get to the bottom of what really matters.
    ASK YOURSELVES, WHY ARE WE HERE
    FOCUS
    IT IS ABOUT MJ & THAT day in June, right?????????
    --- till next time ....
    Have a safe and Happy Halloween ... .. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you too. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    ps I love your Avitar; I have the same one on my YT channel.
    This has nothing to do with love. Has to do with legal docs being auctioned as "real" or "valid" when they are not.

Legal Options for Marriage in the Dominican Republic

The following information is only to serve as guidance to U.S. citizens who are contemplating marriage in the Dominican Republic. Nor the staff of the diplomatic mission or consular officers have legal authority to perform marriages. The marriage can not be held in the United States Embassy or Consulate of the United States in the Dominican Republic.

MARRIAGE PROCEDURES IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
    Steps to marry in the Dominican Republic

I. Register the marriage at the Civil Registry Office.

We require a registration fee of approximately $ 125 and no waiting time.
    Must submit the following documents:

• Passports
    • Original copies of birth certificates
    Proof of being single, authenticated by the Dominican Consulate where they were issued
    If necessary, the record (s) of divorce, authenticated by the Dominican Consulate where they were issued

The couple must inform at least one month in advance, with a minimum of 15 days notice to reserve the judge. It is recommended that all documents be submitted at least six months in advance. To expedite the processing of documents, you must send photocopies of documents to the Civil Registry Office. The originals will be verified upon arrival.

Did they have the time to legally do the procedure??

General requirements for marriage

To get married in the Dominican Republic, the parties must have served a statutory minimum age (16 for men, 15 for women), legally unmarried, and must give their consent for marriage. Failure to comply with one of these requirements may result in the invalidation of marriage by the Dominican authorities.

In addition, foreigners wishing to marry in the Dominican Republic must submit the following documents:

Original passport and copy of the biographical information page of the passport;

Copies of the latest entry stamps

Dominican proof of residence (if not a resident of the Dominican Republic must pay an additional fee and must present your tourist card)

Affidavit before a notary public, stating their single status and eligibility to marry, the affidavit then needs to be legalized in the offices of the Attorney General's Office. If the affidavit is made before a notary in the U.S.. UU., This then needs to be legalized at the nearest Dominican Consulate in the U.S.. UU. (In the past the U.S. Embassy. UU. Allowed U.S. citizens to make this affidavit of eligibility to marry (single status letter) before a consular officer. The Embassy has discontinued this practice several years ago because local registry officials interpreted this document as a statement that the embassy had verified the contents of the declaration of eligibility, when the consular officer was acting only as a witness that the individual in question had made such a declaration. The American citizens need to fill this requirement must appear before a Notary Public Dominicano - as explained above.

Copy of birth certificate and legal translation of the certificate;

If divorced, copy of certificate of divorce and legal translation of the certificate;

2 witnesses (not relatives).

In addition, the Dominican law requires that a publication is made of marriage prior to the conclusion of the ceremony.

I could go on and on.

Legal facts:
    -Names are taken from birth certificates and passports.
    -Time line to fix the documents, and there is no exception. One can´t get married if they are married before.That´s illegal, it´s bigamy.
    -The witness can´t be a family relative.

One can´t go against the law and "authorities" can´t do it either. This circumstance is not one of an importance to "change the law".

From the beginning to the end that certificate is not valid, starting fom the wrong spellings and ending with the time line required for legal documents to be setted.

And now I leave this subject for real.
  • -- THEIR LOVE WILL LIVE FOREVER .... proving this document was or not legal CHANGES NOTHING...

Oh lordy... Again - I'm NOT interested in their love life (if there ever was one, or even if there still is one, but you are so convinced about that that I'm starting to think that you were there with the two of them all the time or think you were there with them), I'm JUST interested into finding out whether this document is legit or not. Screaming and shouting about how you THINK things are won't change that.
  • Again Gema you have no legal proof; just personal conjecture;

* information is only to serve as guidance.
    You have shown no proof the requirements weren't met. You make allegations; Where's your proof?
    * It is recommended that all documents be submitted at least six months in advance... NOT MANDATORY.
    * If necessary, the record (s) of divorce, authenticated by the Dominican Consulate where they were issued.
    Lisa was legally divorced before she married Michael. There was no bigamy.
    People who have been divorced in the DR under the Special Divorces Law need to wait 24 hours prior to getting married.
    * Affidavit before a notary public, stating their single status and eligibility to marry, the affidavit then needs to be legalized in the offices of the Attorney General's Office. If the affidavit is made before a notary in the U.S.. UU., This then needs to be legalized at the nearest Dominican Consulate in the U.S.. UU.
    * There were other witness to the marriage besides Lisa's x-brother-in-law.

I've had a friend with legal experience look at the documents. Here's what she said:
    "I do speak Spanish and I worked in a Legal Office...I've seen soooo many marriage certificates, from all Hispanic countries. That is an Official Act and I can tell you cause I have experience! I used to translate them all the time, Marriage, Birth and Death certificates. As long as the seal is located at the bottom of the act, has a registration number (book, page, tome number as in, libro, pagina, toma numero, numbero de registracion) and it is signed by both parties it is valid and legal."
    Tell your friend to talk to me then <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> we will disagree completely...even if the "numbero and registracion" are on the bottom...
    I would like to ask also that in the images we saw of the affidavit that is signed and stamped
    and very well written with a typewriter or computer, I do not know, and what is supposed to be the marriage certificate is very bad handwriting, what should be the final document.
  • An argument about if a marriage was legal between two people who said they are married to each other, a signed and legal document accompanying it to confirm the marriage in this country or not, a nation wide announcement that the marriage has taken place, and no one has sued the married party for fraud from either side or otherwise, etc., etc. The same goes for the world-wide announcement that they were getting a divorce. It's just so utterly ridiculous. Nothing to be won by saying they were not legally married. Except maybe an argument made up so that the person who made it up can feel like they've won something.

No matter what other people think, they , LMPJ and MJJ, thought they were married. If they didn't think it, why worry about filing for divorce? According to what I have read, here, about the signatures, and names not matching, and signatures not looking the same, really means less than a hill of beans.
    That's like saying that since Michael's legal name was not on some of the prescription drugs that he took, that
    he didn't ingest any of them. Or, better yet that they had no affect on him.
    It's like saying that Lisa Marie Presley was not married to Nicholas Cage, because that last name was made up and influenced by Lucas Cage, a Black Marvel Comic strip character, and that she was actually married to a Nicholas Kim Cappola, even though he changed his name. Or arguing that LMP and NC's marriage was ended after 102 days, but was actually over after two years, legally. Why is it something anyone needs to contradict in the first place?

All of that is part of LIsa Marie Presley Jackson's and Michael Jackson's HIStory. Why can't people leave what's done, done?

• I split the posts from the thread "Is Lisa Marie Presley really opposing Eliza Presley's lawsuit" discussing the MJ-LMP marriage certificate into this new, seperate thread.

This way the "Is Lisa Marie Presley really opposing Eliza Presley's lawsuit" thread stays 'clean' and the MJ-LMP marriage certificate investigation/discussion can be continued.
  • for me the whole feel of the way the marriage took place was ,whether intended or not an imitation of the marriage scenario of Elvis and Priscilla.
    i don't know about anybody else but i still have my marriage licence from over thirty years.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    for me the whole feel of the way the marriage took place was ,whether intended or not an imitation of the marriage scenario of Elvis and Priscilla.
    i don't know about anybody else but i still have my marriage licence from over thirty years.
    yep...me too all the way back to 1977. I was a child bride. Well not really... just legal.
    LMP not divorce in Dominican Republic
  • All due respect for what is needed to assert legality of marriage at this time. Perhaps money, and persuasion were the cause of details missed or excluded in this affidavit. Also, that was some time ago, so perhaps things have become a bit more formal.

Curious: Has anyone seen or have an image of the marriage certificate with MJ's marriage to Debbie Rowe? I've never cared, but I have to wonder how many mistakes were made with that one (marriage certificate) to make it illegal. The marriage supposedly took place in Austrailia, right? I've read a statement made by one of the entourage of security people who attended MJ's arrival at the airport there. It's heresay, because it was told to someone who has never wanted to say anything about it because she was afraid she'd be ridiculed. He told her that Lisa had come to Austrailia to be with MJ. He said she went directly to the hotel where MJ was staying, and they were in the same hotel room. He added, if you think she was there to be part of the ceremony, you're crazy. I would say the way that they were interacting with each other, it wasn't just a friendship. I believe she was there, and they were (I'll pass on the word she said he used). According to Randy J. Tarraborelli, MJ stayed in another room following the wedding, with a young male friend. Both Randy Tarrabotelli, and what was passed on to someone who's friend was security is heresay, as I said. Sorry about the hearsay.
  • Curious: Has anyone seen or have an image of the marriage certificate with MJ's marriage to Debbie Rowe?

No. As I said in a post on page 2 of this thread:

I find it amazing that this document [MJ-LMP certificate] is all over the internet and was allegedly auctioned, while the marriage certificate of Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe to this very day still has not emerged.
  • i am not super familiar with these things but don't you have to have this document to get a divorce ?
    If you need as far as I
    Original documents from the Dominican Republic: The birth and marriage and divorce acts must be certified by the Central Office of Civil Registry (Junta Central Electoral), by the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and the Consulate of X in the Dominican Republic. and another stamp, a 4th one which i am missing the name.
    Those stamps were necessary in order to consider a document of this nature from DR legal.

After 2008, when DR came in to the Haya convention, barely one stamp is needed.

I have only seen one single stamp on the center of the certificate.

Here I present other certificates from other people, to compare.

Still, reading back how the legal documents from DR must look like before and after 2008, that Marriage certificate is missing 2/3 stamps.

This info I´ve gotten from a law book resume regarding the civil law and documentation in DR in Spanish.
    I think that similar info can be found in English on pdf.
    No answer?

The stamps are missing <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Do not cry chica <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> , your you looked at this link where there appears a certificate of marriage written to hand, and in one sees neither stamps nor signatures, which seems to me to be rare is for that the this sworn statement written to machine and the certificate of marriage this one written to hand. If the link not open
    this one in the page 1

<!-- m -->http://www.imagenesdominicanas.com/2009<!-- m --> ... ey-se.html