Dirty Diana

Comments

• wildswilds Posts: 198
    Thinking of this I listened to the song again and was astounded to realize poor MJ never ever got over Diana and even this song was about her.

Oh no, I had a feeling he was still in love with her but the thought of that was so sad I kinda dismissed it. I really think you've uncovered the truth about Diana and Michael. And yes it would explain why he was always saying he was so lonely - the one he loved didn't want him. This is heart breaking <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Great breakdown of the lyrics. I have always believed that Miss Ross popped his cherry. I don't think that it happened when he was a kid but when he was a young adult as they worked together on the Wiz. They filmed the movie in New York and it was the first time that he was away from the family too. There are photos showing them together during that time hanging out all of the time and partying together. Over the years there have been several public appearances where Michael looked absolutely lovestruck while in her presence. He didn't look at her like she was just a friend or big sister. There is a special way that a man looks at a woman that he loves and is intimate with. Plus it has long been discussed how Miss Ross slept her way to the top. She probably jumped at the chance to teach Michael Jackson, Lucky bitch... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Bold sentence: Me too, it just makes so much sense! I agree that the way he looks at her is so intense, especially in the OTW era, they have this special sparkle.. He probably secretly feels like they belong together, sweet dear..
  • Plus let's not forget who is willed to care for the children if something happens to Mrs. Jackson. Michael was apparently determined that one way or another Diana Ross would be the mother of his children.
  • Plus let's not forget who is willed to care for the children if something happens to Mrs. Jackson. Michael was apparently determined that one way or another Diana Ross would be the mother of his children.
    OMJ!! and poor naive me thinking it was because she was a mother figure to him!
  • She has demonstrated herself to be a good mother figure. Despite what anyone feels about her she can be credited with raising 5 seemingly normal children. There were no stories about rebellion, drugs, or other things that fall on the kids of celebrities. Each of her children seem to be living their lives drama free and out of the glare of the tabloids.
    Plus let's not forget who is willed to care for the children if something happens to Mrs. Jackson. Michael was apparently determined that one way or another Diana Ross would be the mother of his children.
    OMJ!! and poor naive me thinking it was because she was a mother figure to him!
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Plus let's not forget who is willed to care for the children if something happens to Mrs. Jackson. Michael was apparently determined that one way or another Diana Ross would be the mother of his children.
    O_O ! Oh yeah.. your brain is sharper than mine!
  • totally agreed. I've always thought it was about Ms. Ross. I even think that some of her lyrics in a few of her songs were directed at him. She was is and always will be the diva. That's for sure.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    I actually remember some girls making comments about this song when it came out. They were like oooh did you guys hear that new Michael Jackson song where he's dissing Diana Ross? So I think some people have speculated that this song might refer to Ms. Ross. I think her and MJ did have a little fling back in the day. I even saw footage of them flirting playfully with each other. She said I never thought you would grow up to be so sexy. Then MJ kinda blushed and giggled. Then he was like don't you guys think she's sexy? to the audience. That doesn't seem like a mother son type relationship to me. I think Diana puts some moves on him. As far as him being 10 talking about sex I doubt that. I think he was probably just thinking about candy at that time. He was way too young for that. I also saw a video on youtube where Diana Ross is performing and she sits on MJ's lap and he was loving every minute of it. Princess Stephanie was sitting next to him and she look so pissed because I think she may have been his date for that night or something. Anyway I wish pesonally that he would have stayed with Stephanie Mills whom he dated back in the 70's. She was in love with him and she said she wanted to marry him. She would even wash his clothes and cook for him back in the day. I think they would have been so good together as a couple.
  • MKM, really good thoughts on the lyrics -- never thought about them in this fashion. Thanks for your insight.
  • totally agreed. I've always thought it was about Ms. Ross. I even think that some of her lyrics in a few of her songs were directed at him. She was is and always will be the diva. That's for sure.
    oooh... can you post them? I would love to see which ones you have in mind. I am not familiar with too many of her songs so I would love to see the ones that you think...LOL
  • Let's try this again

HERE'S ONE OF THEM.
  • ChamoneChamone Posts: 272
    Great work, MKM!

About the text in Who is it, when he asks 'Is it my brother?' he doesn't need to be talking about a sibling. Jehova's Witnesses call each other brother and sister all the time, as do a lot of black people. So 'is it my brother?' Could mean that it was someone close to him, but no per se a sibling.

I have always felt that Diana is the love of his life. The way he looks at her...wow. I would give up my arm for a man looking at me like that! And not just on one occasion, no, for years he has looked at her like that!
  • Let's try this again

HERE'S ONE OF THEM.

wow what a performance that was, She has a beautiful voice. I know Michael loved her all these years, Why else would he trust her with his children?
  • Diana Ross was soooooo beautiful in person. Her skin was flawless. Her concerts, wow, what can I say, amongst the best. I can see how a young man would fall under her spell. She had grown men crying. Ms Ross, the Boss, was all that and a bag of chips. If you never saw her in concert you missed an amazing, enchanting experience. Just like Michael, she gave you more than your money's worth. Very, very talented and strong and sure of herself.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I wan't sure I believed it when I read he lost his virginity to her or 'she made a man of him', etc. ISo much has been made of LMP being his first lover.
  • Great work, MKM!

About the text in Who is it, when he asks 'Is it my brother?' he doesn't need to be talking about a sibling. Jehova's Witnesses call each other brother and sister all the time, as do a lot of black people. So 'is it my brother?' Could mean that it was someone close to him, but no per se a sibling.

I have always felt that Diana is the love of his life. The way he looks at her...wow. I would give up my arm for a man looking at me like that! And not just on one occasion, no, for years he has looked at her like that!
    thanks for clarifying the brother thing, I thought of that possibility as well but decided to stick with the obvious. (poor Jermaine...LOL) Have you seen the footage from one of the Grammy shows where Dianna hugs Lionel Ritchie on stage and the look on MJ's face! I could feel the jealousy and I was truly embarrassed for him! He had to look away! There is another one I saw where she hugs Quincy on stage (I think it was him or Barry) and he does the same thing! I will look around and if I find them I will post them....If anyone does before me...please post!
  • misha86misha86 Posts: 508
    this song is not about a women at all <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> its about bad spirits...
    Great work, MKM!

thanks for clarifying the brother thing, I thought of that possibility as well but decided to stick with the obvious. (poor Jermaine...LOL) Have you seen the footage from one of the Grammy shows where Dianna hugs Lionel Ritchie on stage and the look on MJ's face! I could feel the jealousy and I was truly embarrassed for him! He had to look away! There is another one I saw where she hugs Quincy on stage (I think it was him or Barry) and he does the same thing! I will look around and if I find them I will post them....If anyone does before me...please post!

Wowsers! I don't recall seeing that kind of footage! Please, do post them if you find them!
  • Muscles was written by Michael for Diana Ross - listen to the words, cute.
  • I agree, probably there was something between them. I think he loveed her and was hurt by her by marring other man.
    After she relized that how much this affected him, and how lonely he was Diana wrote one song to MJ without telling his name, but you can tell is about Michael....so sad...

[youtube:2g4c5yao]

Look in the mirror, who do you see
    Where is the man that you used to be
    When you turn off the world and turn down the lights
    Do you ever wonder who you are tonight

I knew you then, I love you now
    You can call me up when it gets you down
    Behind the shades there's someone real
    Behind your eyes I wonder how you feel

This is me talking to you
    There's just one thing I'm asking you to do

You gotta drop the mask, be yourself
    Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

No one knows what you're going through
    Whatever it is, I'll be there for you
    If you drop the mask, be yourself
    Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

I was there when it all began
    I still remember the boy within the man
    I understand what it means to run and hide
    There's so much that we're holding onto deep down inside

The only thing that I want you to do

Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

When you drop the mask, be yourself
    Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

Drop the mask
    Drop the mask
    Let down your guard, open your heart
    Unlose your chains, don't be afraid
    Drop the mask
    Be yourself
    Be yourself
    Trust someone else
    You gotta drop the mask
    Let down your guard, oh you gotta drop the mask
    Trust someone else
    You gotta drop the mask
    I agree, probably there was something between them. I think he loveed her and was hurt by her by marring other man.
    After she relized that how much this affected him, and how lonely he was Diana wrote one song to MJ without telling his name, but you can tell is about Michael....so sad...

[youtube:1ow3mljf]

Look in the mirror, who do you see
    Where is the man that you used to be
    When you turn off the world and turn down the lights
    Do you ever wonder who you are tonight

I knew you then, I love you now
    You can call me up when it gets you down
    Behind the shades there's someone real
    Behind your eyes I wonder how you feel

There's just one thing I'm asking you to do

Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

If you drop the mask, be yourself
    Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

I was there when it all began
    I still remember the boy within the man
    I understand what it means to run and hide
    There's so much that we're holding onto deep down inside

The only thing that I want you to do

Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

When you drop the mask, be yourself
    Drop the mask
    Trust someone else

Drop the mask
    Drop the mask
    Let down your guard, open your heart
    Unlose your chains, don't be afraid
    Drop the mask
    Be yourself
    Be yourself
    Trust someone else
    You gotta drop the mask
    Let down your guard, oh you gotta drop the mask
    Trust someone else
    You gotta drop the mask

When did she write this song? And are you sure that she wrote it?
  • When did she write this song? And are you sure that she wrote it?

It was written by Tim Tickner, Christopher Ward, Diana Ross, realised in 1995
    When did she write this song? And are you sure that she wrote it?

It was written by Tim Tickner, Christopher Ward, Diana Ross, realised in 1995
    1995, after the first allegations. Maybe he was so hurt, he alienated himself from her. He was still married to LMP in 1995, so that also could be a reason for Diana to create and sing a song like this.
  • THANKS for posting that. I could not find it anywhere.
  • I think this is around the time that Michael and Diana became distant. It is really ashame that their friendship seemed to drift after they had been so close over all those years. How painful it must have been for both of them. I wonder what really happened. I thought they were inseparable.