Michael in front of a red curtain ...

1235»

Comments

• all the pictures are in here flip through the booklet

<!-- m -->http://www.auctioncatalog-michaeljackso ... alogue.php<!-- m -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    i just found these two a few seconds ago
    gallery_4831_1586_13818.jpggallery_4831_1586_10913.jpg

The pic in your signature looks like this Arno Bani ones <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> but with 20 years of difference.

The hair line is the same but the eyes are maturer! and the face thinner.
  • i just found these two a few seconds ago

The pic in your signature looks like this Arno Bani ones <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> but with 20 years of difference.

i throught the same thing
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    I don't think they are the same, Michael in front of a red curtain looks older, those photos look recent, from 2009 to me, the eyes have it and the face is thinner, in the above photo he looks more fresh and younger, it's either from 1995 or 1996
  • Its him from Today I am 100 sure <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Below are some photos of Michael from 1999 that make me believe that the Arno Bani photos MAY have been taken in 1999 (sorry I can't figure out how to attach pics here):
    <!-- m -->http://connect.krishna.com/node/7023<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.whosdatedwho.com/topic/7931/ ... r-1999.htm<!-- m -->

Michael was relatively thin when he met Mandela in March 1999... Below is the video. He announced at the time that he would have concerts in June that year, in Korea and Munich.

[youtube:x8q8g458]

Michael in Korea in 1999:

I don't know what to say about the Bani photos and their date... Michael didn't seem quite that THIN (or sad) in 1999. I like the artsiness of the photos, but I do think that Michael's soul/personality doesn't come through. If we look at the Ebony photoshoot, by comparison, we see a Michael who was having fun, and the resulting photos represent him (in my opinion).

The impression I get is that the Ebony people gave Michael more freedom to be him, while the Bani photoshoot was more controlled, with people cutting Michael's hair (that's what I read!) and covering him in a ridiculous amount of make-up... and possibly telling him not to smile at all - which I'm guessing because it wasn't like Michael to be so damn serious the whole time! He usually smiled, laughed, cracked jokes... He liked to HAVE FUN, and it doesn't look like he was during that Bani shoot.
  • MFFreedomMFFreedom Posts: 273
    Does Michael ever do what he doesn't want to do? I don't think so even for a split second. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> He's NEVER done that as far as my knowledge/info about MJ goes. He would make decisions at the age of around 19 that made music industry big shots turn pale when confronted with Michaels' brilliant but determined mind (see moonwalker - the biography) Yes, he did the Victory Tour against his will but let's not forget that he also was a savy, brilliant businessman already back then. I think he did the Victory Tour, because he saw use in it. Otherwise he would NOT have done it. However - the Bani pictures ... VERY interesting to say the least.

Let me break down Karen Fayes' story down to the simple basics to make a longer story shorter: Karen Faye says, MJ hated the shoot, was close to being stalked by a make up guy who harrassed him with exceptionally bad breath and later hated the pictures and distroyed the negatives. Karen ALSO states, Michael payed this shoot out of his own pocket. The basic story of how it - according to Karen - came to these pix coming up just now.

THIS story has as many holes in it as a piece of swiss cheese. Let me explain why I think so:

1. Remember what I wrote at the beginning of this post. Michael didn't do what he didn't WANT to do. Does something like that change in a life time? I don't think so, as it is MJs character. A basic character doesn't change. Although I accept that it can be weak at times. But you don't 'lose' a certain character.

2. Michael enjoys full creative control in everything he does and did.

3. Michael payed for the shoot. Do you think he would pay for an unknown outcome? I really think not. After all, being photographed wrapped in a golden blanket doesn't really make it likely to NOT KNOW what the outcome would be <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> .

4. Karen was there the whole time, watching someone else doing the work SHE could have done?! <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> And MJ - while struggling with a make-up artist with bad breath - meekly accepted his faite? MJ - in full artistic control - not clearing options to change photographer and/or Make-up Artist in the contract? Naw!

5. Before every shoot there is always, always a pre-planning/-discussion to establish the when, where and what. After all you need to prepare. Anyone who knows even a little about photo shoots also knows you don't just go in for the actual session not knowing what to do. You need to discuss clothes, props, background, general ideas, the ifs and whys, other eventualities, etc. UNLESS, let's say, MJ left it all up to Bani. And still THEN there needed to be a pre-discussion. If the pictures were meant for MJs Album Invincible, then MJ must have given Bani AT LEAST A HINT, as to where he wanted to go with the pictures. But would MJ NOT KNOW where it was heading towards? I strongly say it is unlikely for MJ to go for an uncertain outcome. Remember the Thriller short movie. He payed it himself to have full artistic freedom. MJ doesn't like being surprised when it comes to his business. On top of that: claiming (Karen) Sony didn't like the pictures, too, is easy. MJ could just have gone to the execs, show them the pictures and tell them, he didn't like them > SO HE COULD USE THEM FOR HIS HOAX PROJECT.

So with all that in mind, I cannot believe for one split second, that he let have these pictures taken when he didn't give his final OK to have them taken in the first place. He knew (to say it with LMPs short words <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> )

These 5 points - to me at least - clearly state, that Michael WANTED these pictures EXACTLY THE WAY THEY ARE. There simply is NO DOUPT in my mind. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

As to when they were taken: To me it isn't really of importance but would I have to chose - I would go for pretty recently. He's as thin as he was in 2009.

A propos: I LOVE the pictures - regardless of the heavy make-up <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> Michael keeps reinventing himself. I wrote in another thread, that the sphinx-picture looks VERY Prince-esque. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • i just found these two a few seconds ago

Oh My God, what happened to him? The first pic he looks so sad as if he wanted to cry. He looks tired, the face is so thin. It seems that he is regretting something he did.
  • Below are some photos of Michael from 1999 that make me believe that the Arno Bani photos MAY have been taken in 1999 (sorry I can't figure out how to attach pics here):
    <!-- m -->http://connect.krishna.com/node/7023<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.whosdatedwho.com/topic/7931/ ... r-1999.htm<!-- m -->

Michael was relatively thin when he met Mandela in March 1999... Below is the video. He announced at the time that he would have concerts in June that year, in Korea and Munich.

[youtube:31hpim2p]

Michael in Korea in 1999:

I wish I could understand what they were saying in Korean. I saw that Michael did not want pictures to be taking too close, he was hand signing he wanted it longer.. I do not see the resemblance of Michael in this video with the pictures, Unless in the A.B. pictures he had make up maybe that's why he did not look the same. Or maybe these pictures were done now..

I don't know what to say about the Bani photos and their date... Michael didn't seem quite that THIN (or sad) in 1999. I like the artsiness of the photos, but I do think that Michael's soul/personality doesn't come through. If we look at the Ebony photoshoot, by comparison, we see a Michael who was having fun, and the resulting photos represent him (in my opinion).

The impression I get is that the Ebony people gave Michael more freedom to be him, while the Bani photoshoot was more controlled, with people cutting Michael's hair (that's what I read!) and covering him in a ridiculous amount of make-up... and possibly telling him not to smile at all - which I'm guessing because it wasn't like Michael to be so damn serious the whole time! He usually smiled, laughed, cracked jokes... He liked to HAVE FUN, and it doesn't look like he was during that Bani shoot.
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    Has anyone entertained the thought that these Bani photos could be a Wax figure of Michael? I hardly think they were propping up his dead body to take them but a Wax figure or good photoshopping possible maybe? They just look so very sad and lifeless, distant.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Has anyone entertained the thought that these Bani photos could be a Wax figure of Michael? I hardly think they were propping up his dead body to take them but a Wax figure or good photoshopping possible maybe? They just look so very sad and lifeless, distant.

Yes! In some pics his hands and eyes looks like rubber.