5Alive DoDo's new FB Status

Comments

• _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    People, Dodo just changed his profile photo.

89584869.png

Did you photoshop it?
    No, someone else did it and posted on Dodo's facebook and Dodo liked it and put it as avatar today.
    Ain't he a riot!!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    He has never said anything negative about Michael.
    It sure makes me wonder who is behind the DoDo and why he seems more involved in dropping lines about Michael than about the product he stands for.
    That's true, he promotes Michael more than he ever promoted the drink.
    Some time ago he posted on the wall some lyrics from Pretty Young Thing and asked people to sing with him, then he said he's looking in the mirror, and many things. He never says anything about the fricking drink. And people flood his page with comments about Michael and he knows for sure why they are there.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    He's got this one in his favorites:

34573_409212882922_367014012922_4674420_6727154_n.jpg

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• CameronCameron Posts: 956
    Ain't he a riot!!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    He has never said anything negative about Michael.
    It sure makes me wonder who is behind the DoDo and why he seems more involved in dropping lines about Michael than about the product he stands for.
    That's true, he promotes Michael more than he ever promoted the drink.
    Some time ago he posted on the wall some lyrics from Pretty Young Thing and asked people to sing with him, then he said he's looking in the mirror, and many things. He never says anything about the fricking drink. And people flood his page with comments about Michael and he knows for sure why they are there.

Yes but it can be a marketing process to loyalty us to Dodo, and so to the drink...
    Maybe it's really Michael... maybe it's just a guy in an office playing with Believers and making viral advertissements...

Yes but it can be a marketing process to loyalty us to Dodo, and so to the drink...
    Maybe it's really Michael... maybe it's just a guy in an office playing with Believers and making viral advertissements...
    I don't know, but the whole Michael thing started with the advertisement itself, not with the one behind the facebook account.

If you haven't seen the advertisement, it's a short video of this Dodo bird who is buried in the sand and when 5Alive drink is poured on his grave he jumps out of it and starts dancing and moonwalking singing "I'm alive!!!". So no matter who might hold the facebook page (an employer or something), the advertisement itself promoted Michael and alive together. That Dodo is moonwalking all over the beach singing "I'm alive" and all. And the advertisement is a real one.

The drink 5Alive is a subbrand under Coca Cola. It's a Coca Cola product.

[youtube:1azz9v7p]
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    A dodo that appears to people as MJ with his moves,status's and now..clothing has not made me want to drink 5alive more than I did before the dodo was presented to the world.

So the marketing for the drink is something to be questioned.
    A dodo that appears to people as MJ with his moves,status's and now..clothing has not made me want to drink 5alive more than I did before the dodo was presented to the world.

Hahaha, exactly. What kind of drink is it anyway?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• TarjaTarja Posts: 645
    but you skip the version that they could have been promoting their drink to hell and back using Michael's image also without giving "alive" hints. It would have even got more people. Don't you see that believers are only a drop in an ocean? Those who are fans but convinced overlimit that he is dead are millions more than us. So, regard always all the possibilities

It's like...a fruit juice drink but still kinda like oasis or snapple,quite boring
    I am a fizzy drink person.

It's like...a fruit juice drink but still kinda like oasis or snapple,quite boring

Oh, I'm the juicy type, but I have never seen it here in Holland.

Oh, I'm the juicy type, but I have never seen it here in Holland.

SEE!
    It isn't even a global product,you have heard of it but never seen the carton of juice.....are people supposed to think mmm i'll try that,let me just spend a wedge on mail order to try it....
    There is zero point to any of it that I can detect,apart from promoting Michael and his crazy ways.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    This is great. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I wonder what this REALLY is. The person is obviously trying to be Michael, but this is Coca-Cola's product. It's not like some made up bird. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    This is great. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I wonder what this REALLY is. The person is obviously trying to be Michael, but this is Coca-Cola's product. It's not like some made up bird. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Correct,people forget that fact I think..or don't know.
    He just posted on twitter too-yes...the Dodo has a twitter
    'lets all celebrate,i'm alive' and a link to his picture dressed as MJ with the glove on and everything.

I honestly don't think they would run with this whole thing this long just to piss off non believers or have a following of believers in regards to Michael Jackson's fans.They are a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the bigger picture of consumer sales and marketing a product.
    As Souza said,she can't even get it in Holland so it isn't making their product go any further across the world or more people drink it...what it IS doing is letting people see him dressed as MJ,with the words i'm alive and believe it or not that is effective subliminal messaging at work.Those few words and the image of MJs fedora,glove,sunglasses-all trademark looks of his will stick in people's minds.
    I am not sure what their agenda with it is atm but I do know...it aint just about a soft drink that has had a revival using an animated bird.
    The words,timing and status updates from way back such as 'is looking for a pretty young thing' is all planned and calculated for a specific purpose.

p.s I'm still not going to be drinking it.haha
  • I actually really enjoy Five Alive. It was my favorite juice drink as a kid. I haven't had it in years though.
    Might have to get me some just for the hell of it.
  • Mammu94Mammu94 Posts: 232
    new status:
    Alive Dodo Let's all celebrate and have a good time. I'm Alive

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I think I read somewhere back in the day that either 5alive or Sunny D is Prince the singer's favorite drink and he has to have it in his dressing room.
  • <!-- m -->http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/coke-han ... 83.article<!-- m -->

Coke hands VCCP 5 Alive brief
    Thu, 1 Oct 2009

Coca-Cola has appointed VCCP to create a new advertising campaign for its 5 Alive juice brand after remaining dormant for several years.

It is understood that the agency was brought in to work on the account following a pitch against several undisclosed agencies.

There was no incumbent on the account with Nitro the last agency to work on the brand.

The juice blend is positioned as containing five fruits, with each drink also containing vitamins and minerals, no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. Its flavours include Citrus Burst, Berry Blast and Tropical Hit.

A Coke spokesperson says: “VCCP are one of the many great agencies that we have an on-going relationship with, however we have no new plans to announce.”

Coca-Cola has just unveiled details of a global marketing campaign in support of its sponsorship of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

<!-- m -->http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/news ... ound-push/<!-- m -->
    by Joe Thomas, 30 March 2010, 12:01am

5 Alive plots multimillion-pound push LONDON - 5 Alive, Coca-Cola's fruit-drink brand, is relaunching with its first major marketing activity in more than five years.

The brand is rolling out a heavyweight campaign, which introduces the strapline ‘Come alive with 5 Alive' as a replacement for ‘Feel alive'.

The multimillion-pound activity spans outdoor and TV, with the ads for each breaking on Wednesday and on Saturday respectively. The campaign has been created by VCCP, which picked up the business last year after a pitch. Media planning and buying is being handled by Vizeum.

The TV spot plays on the idea of bringing something back to life. It features a computer-generated dodo dancing to the Don Fardon track I'm Alive. The push will promote 5 Alive's full range, which includes Citrus, Berry and Tropical variants; an Apple flavour juice is to be introduced from 9 April.

The campaign will be backed by digital activity, which will centre on a Facebook page. It will enable users to view the ad, buy the soundtrack via the iTunes Store and offer access to apps which encourage users to upload their own content.

5 Alive is aiming to capitalise on declines in the markets for pure juice and smoothies. In 2009, PepsiCo's Tropicana recorded a 4% drop in sales to £269m, while Innocent posted a 19% year-on-year decline, to £94m, according to Nielsen.

Meanwhile juice drinks have prospered. Coca-Cola's Capri-Sun and Oasis grew their sales in 2009 by 5.7% and 5.6% year on year, to £81m and £80m.
    We have all been looking for what the 9 and the 3 means in all of this because there have been so many references to 9 and 3. Well look at the DoDos facebook profile!!!!

Born in Mauritius in 1611, and born again in 2010, the dancing Dodo is a rare example of his breed. Like most dodos, he can't fly, but boy can he dance.
    1611=1+6+1+1=9
    2010=2+1=3

This is just weird from the beginning. Who is this DoDo!
    new status!!
    5 Alive Dodo:
    ‎5 days to go until the big day
  • This is great. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I wonder what this REALLY is. The person is obviously trying to be Michael, but this is Coca-Cola's product. It's not like some made up bird. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Correct,people forget that fact I think..or don't know.
    He just posted on twitter too-yes...the Dodo has a twitter
    'lets all celebrate,i'm alive' and a link to his picture dressed as MJ with the glove on and everything.

I honestly don't think they would run with this whole thing this long just to piss off non believers or have a following of believers in regards to Michael Jackson's fans.They are a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the bigger picture of consumer sales and marketing a product.
    As Souza said,she can't even get it in Holland so it isn't making their product go any further across the world or more people drink it...what it IS doing is letting people see him dressed as MJ,with the words i'm alive and believe it or not that is effective subliminal messaging at work.Those few words and the image of MJs fedora,glove,sunglasses-all trademark looks of his will stick in people's minds.
    I am not sure what their agenda with it is atm but I do know...it aint just about a soft drink that has had a revival using an animated bird.
    The words,timing and status updates from way back such as 'is looking for a pretty young thing' is all planned and calculated for a specific purpose.

p.s I'm still not going to be drinking it.haha

I agree, 100%.

Btw, I have NEVER heard about this drink before. Well,...until..guess what MJ "died". What a coincidence. AGAIN. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I love DoDo. He adds some much needed humor to the situation whether he is the know or not. It's refreshing, especially nowadays.
    5 alive has been around since I was a little kid and I'm in my 40s now although it sort of drifted off the mainstream for a long time....that is until 09
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    new status!!
    5 Alive Dodo:
    ‎5 days to go until the big day

5 days should be December 14th! (the album release) <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    yepp <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    new status again
    5 Alive Dodo:
    Is leading a quiet life as a dodo and wants everyone to be as calm and happy as he is.
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    "Is leading a quiet life as a dodo and wants everyone to be as calm and happy as he is"

Hum, why ? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->