5Alive DoDo's new FB Status

1242526272830»

Comments

• Being positive (lol) perhaps it is no longer required as we are drawing close to BAM?
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Does sound like somethings's happening behind the scene in hoaxland.<br /><br /><br />TS’s last post was LaToya thanking fans for their support. Now this?<br /><br />
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    on 1323170084:
    <br />Does sound like somethings's happening behind the scene in hoaxland.<br /><br /><br />TS’s last post was LaToya thanking fans for their support. Now this?<br /><br />And MJ's official page sent out an email saying "Thank you to the fans!"<br /><br />
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    and dodo made 2-3 references to Netherlands in his tweets ...I just made a quick review<br /><br />"And MJ's official page sent out an email saying "Thank you to the fans!" - really? I didn't get it. Yet.<br /><br />edit: yes I got it, I forgot I had to make another e-amil account to register there, I was deleted so many times for being a believer LOL. Here it is the message:<br /><br />"Thank You To The Fans! <br />Thank you for all your help and support over the past weeks. Michael said many times how important his fans were to him. Thank you for keeping his music alive and for helping us celebrate IMMORTAL's first week of release."
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1323166435:
    <br />No, but seriously. Why close it?<br />
    <br /><br />It's because Dodo's part is over. This is my opinion but what I realized is, people who have some parts in the hoax, say whatever they need to say and then they get lost or stop talking. Like Teddy Riley, like Nelson De La Nuez. They gave enough clues and their parts are over. That's the reason why we don't hear from Teddy or Nelson no more. I do believe that Michael asked them to give out these clues and of course Dodo was there as a big clue for the hoax but now we're getting closer to the end and that is the reason why these clue spreaders are ending their parts. This is how I interpret these all.
  • Hmmm - this seems fairly obvious that it wasn't just another page for 5-Alive. I do wonder though if they received more legal threats from Coke or the Estate??? Just thinking out loud. Maybe they stopped for a while hoping to start up again but was met with a lawsuit.<br /><br />However, I do like the idea that it served it's purpose, much like a chapter in a movie or book and now it's ended.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing.
  • well, like some of you say, this hoax is coming to an end, and Dodo did his or her part, now it is time to say goodbye, and Hello to Michael.. No need to be sad, you need to be happy estatic, Michael is coming soon.. blessings.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    The marketing campaign seems to have had its final curtain.<br />It lasted longer than usual - from April 2010.<br /><br />This is what VCCP (agency) has to say about the concept and results of the campaign.<br />
    5 Alive was an ailing brand seemingly destined to a slow<br /> death by de-listing. Our brief was to bring 5 Alive back to<br /> commercial health. A modest budget meant we needed to<br /> exploit the brand’s greatest equity, the brand name itself, 5<br /> Alive. We also had to develop an idea that could live beyond<br /> the limited ATL burst we could afford.<br /> <br /> Our idea started with the most famous extinct creature of<br /> them all, the Mauritian Dodo. To symbolise the resurrection of 5 Alive, we would bring the dodo back to life with the help of a crate of 5 Alive. Our dodo sings and body pops along to Don Fardon’s cult funk anthem “I’m Alive”.<br /> <br /> To magnify our limited media spend we released an Ashley<br /> Beedle re-mix of Don Fardon’s “I’m Alive” complete with<br /> music video and vinyl release. It created the talkabilty that<br /> was essential for the campaign to succeed. The music video was viewed over a quarter of a million times in the first week and the single shot in to the top 20 of the dance charts. Most importantly, year on year sales of 5 Alive are up 24%.
    <br />http://www.haystackonline.com/page/20959/agencies/vccp/come-alive-with-5-alive<br /><br />I think they were running with MJ fans because it suited their objectives of increased awareness and thus their expectations of increased sales. I do not think however that any of the MJ fans contributing to their Facebook and youtube was actually buying the drink.<br /><br />I don't think that there are any legal issues (and not with the MJ camp either). <br />The 5Alive campaign budget was limited and the campaign is over.<br />I don't believe they even realized what they did when they were sailing the MJ fan wave.<br />They increased sales of 5Alive by 24% and that was exactly what they wanted.<br /><br />May Dodo rest in peace - he was a lot of fun then and I just hope that nobody's heart will be broken now.<br /><br />For those wanting to watch the ad video again that is deleted from youtube now:<br />http://www.coloribus.com/adsarchive/tv-commercials/alive-fruit-drink-dancing-dodo-5-alive-dodo-tv-ad-13624105/<br /><br />http://www.vccp.com/work/5-alive/come-alive-with-5-alive<br /><br />http://www.haystackonline.com/page/20959/agencies/vccp/come-alive-with-5-alive
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    The End.  :-\ <br /><br /><br />I hope there's some new beginnings coming! :)
    I don't believe they even realized what they did when they were sailing the MJ fan wave.
    <br /><br />They didn't realize?? Why sail the MJ fan wave anyway?!??!?!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Gina, for business and because they thought it was funny.<br />I don't think they realized the depth in this that we would consider at the time.<br />
    Oh no no no, I don't think this is that simple. No way.
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    They're probably going to launch a new ad campaign that won't involve a dead bird.